Moving Forward ~1

By Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... More

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Darkness Is Coming
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Carwash and Cemeteries
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Fireworks
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
Doppelgรคnger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
Mother of a Ball
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Three Sacrifices
Prom
Graduation

Founder's Parties All Day

9.6K 220 488
By Vampirediaries1996

Who do you ship Sofia with? Damon, Klaus, Matt, or Tyler? Let me know in the comments.

Bonnie officially came over so we can all get ready for the Founder's party. It's one of the first big events commemorating our towns anniversary. All of it is leading up to Founder's Day. It's also another excuse for people to donate and raise as much money through bake sales and carwashes. I love hearing about our towns rich history and reenacting historic battles and moments that shaped our town forever.

"Delicate flower versus naughty vixen." Bonnie asks our opinion on nail polish colors.

"Tough call. Can we mix them?" Elena suggests.

"Look at you two getting all pretty for your dates."

"Uh... only Elena's is a date. You're coming with Matt and me as a group thing. No date." Bonnie just shares a look with Elena. I knew they gossiped about me but damn they could hide it a little better.

"Whatever you say Sof, please invite us to the wedding." I throw a napkin at both of them.

"Tonight's going to be a good night. But don't let that stop you from telling me whatever it is you wanted to tell me as soon as you walked in the door." Elena is already grilling Bonnie and I'm not even done with my first coat of black nail polish.

"What if I tell you in the morning? I don't want to ruin the night."

"Bonnie just tell her or she won't let us leave." I plead.

"Fine." She grits her teeth at me. "But it has to go in the vault because Caroline will kill me. If it gets back to Damon that she squealed."

"Enough with the drama just spill."

"Apparently, Stefan has a very interesting backstory."

"Meaning?"

"Do either of you know what happened to his ex-girlfriend, Katherine?"

"I know that they both dated her and that's why they have issues."

"Yeah, they both dated her, only she chose Damon. And that drove Stefan mad. So, he did horrible things to try and break them up. He manipulated Katherine. He filled her head with all these lies until it finally worked and she turned against Damon." Bonnie looks somber as she finishes her tail and I'm calling bullshit from Caroline. Part of it could be true but so much of it smells of bullshit.

"That sounds like one person's side of the story meaning Damon's."

"I just wanted you to know."

"And I just want you both to know that Damon tried to make a pass at me during the game." Bonnie stops fiddling with her nail polish and Elena looks pissed.

"What? When?"

"I was waiting for you by the car and he basically came up to me complaining about Caroline and how he was avoiding her and he tried to kiss me."

"What did you do?"

"Have you told Caroline this?"

"I slapped him and told him off. And yes, Bonnie I have told Caroline but she blew it off like it was nothing. She barely even acknowledged it and walked away. I tried talking to her twice about it and she doesn't seem to give a damn that her boyfriend was pushing himself on her friend."

"I'm going to kill him when I see him."

"No one is going to do anything. As long as Damon continues to do right by Caroline and she seems to be fine with it he can live, but the moment he crosses that line off with his dick."

"Sofia!"

"What? Kick him where it hurts."

"Anyway, Stefan's past relationships are none of my business."

"It's a little bit your business." I state not liking that Elena isn't pushing to know more about the new guy.

"Unless he's a calculating, manipulative liar. That's your business."

"Cool it, Bon, you'll anger the beast." I whisper but it was too late.

"Stefan is none of those things." Elena defends Stefan.

"Yeah? How do you know?"

"She has a fair point, Lenny. I like Stefan don't get me wrong but I would still hesitate on fully trusting him. He's not like everyone else in this town. We didn't grow up with them since birth. There's still so much we don't know about Stefan and we will never know unless you ask him."

"And are you going to ask Matt on a date?" My cheeks redden at the idea.

"Uh...no. Because..."

"Because you like Matt." Bonnie teases. I swat her hand away.

"No, I like him just as a friend and..."

"And you use your best makeup for all your friends?" Elena and Bonnie are enjoying this.

"Sometimes I like to look beautiful for myself thank you very much."

"Sure, that's it." I race them upstairs to see who will be first to mirror. Even though Elena shares a bathroom with Jeremy and I have my own we always seem to love squeezing all three of us in Elena's bathroom.

"Is your dress long or short?" Bonnie asks as she curls her hair into perfection.

"Short. Kind of on the peachy and pink side with a little white." I hear the house phone ring and I look to Elena.

"I got it last time Sofia!"

"It's in your room, Elena. You used it last so you answer it! Besides I have to put these fake lashes on right." I struggle keeping them straight and not getting the lash glue on my lids.

"Hi, Mrs. Lockwood." That perked my interest. Tyler's mom rarely calls our house. "What do you mean? It is? Are you sure? Cause I saw it. Let me check. Mm-hmm. I will find it and bring it." Elena gets up and walks past us. I can only guess Jeremy is going to get his ass chewed out by another lecture from Elena.

"What's wrong?" Bonnie and I watch from the bathroom as Elena storms into Jeremy's room. From what I briefly heard Jeremy speak of the sentimental significance the pocket watch means to him. He rarely talks about how he's not handling our parent's death. This just reminds me he's too young to know so much loss.

"So, what is going on between you and Matt?" Bonnie bumps her hip with mine.

"What do you mean Bon?"

"Come on, I've seen how you two been none stop at each other's side for the past week. He literally goes out of his way to meet you after each of your classes and when you come to The Grill you're all he can talk to. You smile every time someone brings up his name and..."

"We're just becoming better friends. We're...I don't know. I like hanging out with him and..."

"What else is there?"

"Is it too soon for me to want something with Tyler's best friend let alone Elena's ex? Hell am a trashy whore who can't be alone for one damn minute?"

"Sofie, you've never been a whore and its high school you're supposed to fall in and out of love in relationships. We have our whole lives ahead of us to make serious commitments."

"I've already sort of talked to Lenny about Matt and me. I just don't' know if I'm reading things wrong."

"In what way?"

"He asked me to go to Founder's Party with him but I told him I was going with you and he agreed to go as a group. Did I shoot down his only offer of liking me and did I ruin things?"

"I doubt you ruined anything."

"Do you think it's weird that he was so in love with Elena and still wanted to be with her even when she was moving on with Stefan? Elena and I are twin sisters. We may not be identical but we do look very similar. Am I her replacement?"

"You'll have to ask Matt that but even when he was dating Elena he didn't pay her half the attention he has given you in the past week. I can see something happening between you two, I say there' no harm in trying."

"I don't want to move too fast with this and end up hurt. I loved Tyler but him cheating makes me think that..."

"Don't you even think anything less about yourself."

"I never said that."

"But you were thinking it. Sofia you're an amazing person. I'm lucky to have you in my life. Tyler was and will always be an idiot for you letting you go. Don't hold back because you're scared. Go for what your heart wants and never hold back." I hug Bonnie loving her inspirational words.

"Such profound dating advice from someone who's still single."

"I'm single by choice." Bonnie states. "Let's get ourselves all dolled up for our group date. Me being the third wheel."

__________________________________
Matt was punctual as ever when he came knocking on my front door. He even had roses to give to Bonnie and I. He looked handsome in his suit and tie. He proudly held Bonnie and me on each arm as we walked up to the front door of the Lockwood's home or basically museum of the town's history.

"Mathew, you do look dashing." Carol hugs Matt. "And Bonnie you do look beautiful."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lockwood." Both Matt and Bonnie said.

"And Sofia, you look radiant. My Tyler sure does miss you. He's out back if you want to say hi." She's just as pushy as ever. She seriously had Tyler and my wedding planned out the moment I said yes to dating him.

"It's nice seeing you, Mrs. Lockwood. I will make sure to say hi to Tyler if I see him."

"Well, you kids enjoy yourselves." She opens her arms for us to enter. She's always played the ever so perfect wife and mother too well. Almost scary how fake she can be.

"I'm going to get us all drinks." Matt offers as he steps away.

"Give me a second and I will give you two some alone time." Bonnie whispers to me.

"Bon, this is not a date and I wouldn't let you wonder the party alone."

"Maybe I won't be alone. I saw a cute waiter over there maybe I'll talk to him and..."

"Bonnie, as sweet as that offer is. I came here as a date and we will hang out as friends."

"You won't even know that I've slip away."

"Bon..."

"Here you ladies go." Matt hands us each a glass of tea. "Where should we explore first?"

"I'll catch up with you two later, I saw of the girls from the squad." Bonnie dashes away before I can even stop her.

"Okay, so where would you like to go?" Matt offers me his arm as we walk through the house. Mayor Lockwood and his committee have spared no expense in tonight's Founder Party. "You look beautiful Sofia."

"Thank you, Matt., I love that tie it really brings out your eyes." I commit as I place my hand on his chest. I quickly pull it away. "I mean you look good too."

"Thanks."

__________________________________
We enter one of the rooms where coincidentally Stefan and Elena are in too admiring some of the artifacts.

"Here you two are." I state as Matt and I walk up to the couple.

"Hey man." Matt and Stefan bro hug and I imitate with Elena. They all give me a weird look.

"What? Guys can give each other signature weird hugs and girls can't? And if I came up to Elena and said Hey woman. It would be weird."

"That is an interesting thought." Stefan humors me. We turn to look at the first signing of the Founder's party.

"The Founding Families of Mystic Falls welcomes you to the inaugural Founder's Council Celebration." Elena reads off. "Wow, look it's the original guest registry."

"Look at all the familiar names." I point out as I lean into Matt's body for warmth. He doesn't oblige as he pulls me closer to him.

"Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood...."

"Wait is that Damon Salvatore?" I sate looking at the familiar name that brings disgust to my mouth. "And Stefan Salvatore?" I look to Stefan for some answers. Matt takes interest as well.

"The original Salvatore brothers." Damon's voice makes us jump back. Matt places a comforting arm around my waist as we turn to see Damon and Caroline walking towards us. "Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually."

"Any of it true." I ask not believing anything that comes from his mouth.

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past." Stefan is on the defense.

"It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family."

"Well, I'm bored. I wanna dance." Caroline interrupts. "Damon won't dance with me. Could I borrow your date?" She directs her attention to Elena and I wonder why.

"I don't really dance." Stefan is trying to get out of this.

"Oh, sure he does. You should see him. Waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all." The tension and awkwardness are thick in the air surrounding Stefan and Damon.

"You wouldn't mind, would you Elena?" Caroline prods.

"It's up to Stefan." I can tell by my sisters face that she wants to say no.

"Well, sorry I'm not going to take no for an answer." Caroline grabs for Stefan's hand and leads him away.

"Hey, Matt can you go find Bonnie for me and make sure she's okay?" Matt looks to Damon not sure if he should leave Elena and me alone with him.

"Yeah. I'll be back." He unwraps his arm from my waist and walks off.

"New boy toy?"

"Shut up Damon."

"Sorry, I wanted to talk to Sofia and I'm sure she's told you, Elena. I wanted to apologize for being a world-class jerk the other night. I tried to kiss Sofia. There's no excuse." Damon looks from Elena and back to me. "My therapist says I'm acting out, trying to punish Stefan."

"You pay a therapist all that money and that's all they told you."

"For what?" Elena interjects.

"It's all in the past. I don't even want to bring it up."

"Than, why did you?" I ask not understanding where Damon is coming from.

"Let's just say that the men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry. And it all started with the original Salvatore brothers. The Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town, until the war. There was a battle here..."

"The Battle of Willow Creek." Elena and I say in unison.

"Right." Damon seemed surprised we even knew about it.

"We know. We talked about it in class." I state wishing for this conversation to be over with.

"Confederate soldiers fired on a church with civilians inside."

"What the history books left out was the people that were killed, they weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathizers. So, some of the founders on the Confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive. Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church." Damon leads us to the replica of the church made by the art department. "And then they went to rescue them they were shot. Murdered in cold blood."

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?" Elena asks.

"A woman, I guess. Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman?"

__________________________________
Elena assures me that she wants to stay and hear more of what Damon has to say. I find Bonnie alone at one of the tables.

"Hey, Bon Bon." I kiss her cheek.

"Hey! Matt's been looking for you."

"He has?"

"I would rather sit here and..."

"Go have a dance with your prince charming"

"Bonnie."

"I'm fine. Go and enjoy yourself." I spot Matt waving at me with the biggest smile on his face.

"There you are. Are you ready to destroy me on the dance floor?"

"Worried that you still have two left feet?" I tease.

"Oh, I know I do." Matt takes the lead and we begin to slow dance.

"You seem to be doing pretty okay for yourself." I state at his elegance as we say to the music.

"Guess I really want to impress you."

"And why's that?" Matt moves a stray hair from my face. I take an intake of breath at the closeness of our faces.

"I'm just a guy who's getting to dance with the most beautiful girl in this room."

"I count myself lucky to have you as my date or one of my dates." I joke as I lean my head on his chest.

"Sofia, I would be lying if I didn't want this night to turn into something more." I look into Matt's blue eyes and I feel something I haven't felt in a long time.

"And what if I said I wanted something more too?"

"I would say can I have another dance?"

"Why Mr. Donovan, of course, you can." Matt twirls me around the dance floor and I feel like I'm cloud nine. Right now before reality sets in this is where I want to be.

What would Sofia's ship name be with any of the guys?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 4.2K 30
Nearly a year ago, Emma had stepped into Mystic Falls for the first time in her life, never expecting that a small town in Virginia would have the po...
168K 4.3K 78
(rewriting) หœ"*ยฐโ€ข.หœ"*ยฐโ€ข๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž-๐จ๐Ÿ-๐š-๐ค๐ข๐ง๐. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž. ...
5.3K 154 21
,,My name is Hailey Carter-Mikaelson.When I was little, Rebekah found me by the side of a road and saved me. She was like a mother and an older siste...