RE: R15 Otome Game turns out...

By juviiii-chan

When she realized it, everything is too late. She can't escape from his clutches and, along the way, other me... More

INTRODUCTION
Teaser
Author's WARNING Notes
Chapter 1 : A certain day I
Chapter 2 : A certain day II
Characters Profile
Characters Profile : Childhood + Parents
Chapter 3 : Start
Chapter 4 : Deja Vus
Chapter 5 : My fate
Chapter 6 : The Characters
Chapter 6.5 : Heroine
Chapter 7 : A mystery
Chapter 8 : Knowing them
Characters Profile : New Capture Targets and Love Rivals
Chapter 9 : Intoxicated
Chapter 9.5 : My little sister is a genius and beautiful
Some Words...
Chapter 10 : A sweet scent
Chapter 11 : Hot Kisses
Chapter 12 : A route to death
Chapter 13 : Clues
Chapter 15 : Encounter
Chapter 16 : Filthy
Chapter 17 : Awkward
Chapter 18 : Scary Father
Chapter 19 : Hidden Relationship
Chapter 20 : Too much worries
Chapter 21 : Abstinence
Chapter 22 : Practical Exam
Chapter 23 : Favor
Chapter 24 : "Felice"
Chater 25 : Please (1)
Chapter 26 : Please (2)

Chapter 14 : Delphi Ruins

6.3K 200 47
By juviiii-chan

A/N: Some may get confuse... so, please do read with comprehension.

******

Dropping the cloth on the table, I observed the silver sword from the handle to its pointed tips. This sword has been with me for a decade and has experienced a lot of ups and downs in life during my youthful days.

Sigh..

Am I too old to be what I was before?

A boy who dreams to explore the world with a sword in hand, full of vigour and youth.

Sigh..

I'm already a married man with a wife and daughter. To think I still have those inside my head..

I have a family to protect and stay healthy to support. I won't go back to those days full of impulsiveness and risks.

At the thought of my wife and daughter, I smiled.

They are the happiness and light of my life.

"Yuveen."

Looking behind, I saw my wife.

"Yuveen, Hanalette is going to be fine with your brother's home. We'll only be gone for a few days. So, don't worry too much."

Hearing her say that made me worry more about her. I know that she's the one who is more worried about our daughter. I smiled and lightly hugged her.

"I know.. This time, it's just an escort quest. It won't be that dangerous."

"But... it's Delphi Ruins.."

"Sigh.. Don't worry about it too much. The guildmaster won't assign us if it's a quest that doesn't qualify us. It will definitely be okay."

"I guess so.."

With that, we went to the guild.

I know why my wife is worried about going to a dangerous place like the Delphi Ruins. It is where we lost our comrades and friends, left with nothing but memories.

I also had a critical injury that time while my wife almost had a miscarriage in her first month of carrying Hanalette. Because of that Hanalette's constitution since she was born has been bad. All in all, it is not a place we would love to go back.

But, the fee for this escort quest... With all that gold, we would be able to  pay for Hanalette's medical fees and hire a skilled physician.

It's a risk, but Hanalette's health is at stake.

We arrived at the guild and met with Lydia, a receptionist and in charge for the quest we took.

She was bitterly smiling when we approach her.

"Good morning. Jack is already here. We just have to wait a while for the client to arrive."

"Thanks."

My wife, Mandy, curiously ask Lydia about her somewhat sad atmosphere today. Usually, Lydia is very cheerful and full of energy.

Lydia only smiled bitterly again and said that it was nothing.

Mandy and I look at each other before shrugging.

We met up with Jack and discuss about what we needed for the escort. Later, a pretty young girl silently entered the hall.

Although she didn't do anything and just went straight towards the counter. All eyes in the hall are watching her, stopping what we were all doing.

Two things made us drop our jaw open.

First, her clothes are what travelers usually wears and one look you will say she's just a traveler but her pretty face tells different. That demure and aura... one could say she's a noble.

But why would a noble young lady come to a rugged place like the guild?

Second... is, is that a white fox beside her!?

That... that is a white fox! It's very, vert rare and is very, very rarely seen! White foxes are one of the top mythical beasts and are very intelligent and powerful beasts.

To own a beast like the white fox.. this girl is really not just some ordinary traveling girl!

My question got answered in a moment.

Lydia received her and they had talk for a moment with Lydia frantically apologizing to the awkwardly accepting mysterious girl before leading her towards our direction.

Oh, don't tell me she's the client..

Then, now I know why would guildmaster didn't hesitate to approve this quest into the Delphi Ruins which is currently a place everyone avoid to go as much as possible.

Stopping in front of us, she was about to curtsy when she stopped. Smiling bitterly, she just wave her hand at us as a greeting.

"Hi, I'm Felice. Nice to meet you."

Lydia, who's still smiling bitterly, faced Felice to introduce her to us.

"Hello. I'm Yuveen. This is my wife, Mandy, and he's Jack, a friend. The three of us will be the one to escort you to Delphi Ruins."

"Hello."

Don't know what happened, but we could see Lydia is reluctant to leave. So, the four of us are watching her fidgeting until Felice took the reins to talk to her.

Felice smiled.

"Really, Lydia-san shouldn't worry anymore. I know that you were just concerned about a young client's safety going to a very dangerous place. I didn't mind it, rather I am very thankful for Lydia-san's concern. Moreover, I am very aware of the danger and is prepared for any."

I know that the four of us secretly glanced at the relaxed white fox beside Felice. All of us had the same thought... Ah, with four of us combined, we can not defeat this obedient white fox.

Finally, after few more comforting words, Lydia left after saying another string of concerned words.

Well, if this client is really a noble, I have to say that she is at least polite and friendly unlike those snob and arrogant nobles who thinks they are the superior of all. Although... I could sense a little indifference and aloofness from her, she does answer when asked to.

We talk about what needs to be done at the ruins and ended up deciding to go there after lunch.

But... if we go to the Ruins this late, before we will arrive at the location, it would be evening.

I told her that and she contemplated about what to do. In the end, her answer left the three of us getting worried.

"No matter. I know it's dangerous, but I have a plan to avoid encountering beasts on our travel. We will arrive before it's sunset."

Again, we all glanced at the yawning white fox.

She treats us to lunch while continuing our discussion.

After that, we bought a plain carriage to ride and directly went to the mountain range. As a guide, Jack and I took the reins alternately while Mandy is inside the carriage witg Felice.

Felice also hid the white fox into her spiritual space which is only by contracting a magical beast from some very rare and powerful kind.

Since we are still in a zone with manageable beasts, with a white fox beside us, no beasts will approach and we can't loot by then. It's best if we also reserved the white fox's strength if ever there is a dangerous situation.

While both Jack and I was talking, we overheard the conversation inside between the two females.

"Wow, Felice, your skin is so tender and smooth! What kind of method do you have to maintain it?"

"Is it? I don't have any method though?"

"Ehh?? That can't be.. Do you take any cosmetic products then?"

"No. I do drink green tea and eats a lot of apple and strawberries which are good for the skin."

"Green tea? Isn't that a very famous type of tea from the Eastern Continent?"

"Yes. Drinking tea in general is very good to calm yourself and helps to ease your nervous system too."

"N...nervous system?"

"... O-oh, anyways, it's very healthy."

"Then, what about those strawberries and apples? Do I need to eat them as it is?"

"Yes... (I usually eat them as desserts though)"

"Ohhh.. strawberries and apples. What about your figure? You don't have a single extra fat."

"M-Mandy-san..! Please, don't touch me there..!"

"Wow, your stomach is so flat! Are you sure you do eat? I saw how much you ate during the lunch. Don't you have extra fats at all.. This is making me jealous~"

"T-then, Mandy-san should drink an apple cider daily with exercise. Since Mandy-san is an adventurer, exercising should be easy for you. You also need to eat nutritious food... Q_Q"

"Wow! Felice, you're a treasure of any girl who's friends with you..! Thank you..! (*ΦωΦ*) "

I look at Jack and Jack look at me.

A moment later, both of us stifled a laughter.

Girls will always be a girl. No matter if it is a married woman like Mandy or an indifferent and aloof Felice.

Suddenly, a beast charged towards the carriage. It was a Fanged Bear. The Fanger Bear wanted to slam its body on the carriage but I intercepted it by blocking it with my shield.

Fanged Bears are strong, but as an A ranked adventurer, this beast is nothing. So, after a few moves, I defeated it and looted some parts from its body.

All along the journey, every time and then, a beast would appear and attack us. And as we went deeper into the mountain range, the beasts we encountered are getting stronger and stronger. Though, with the three of us, we managed to defeat them.

But what's more dangerous is... the ruins in front of us.

The dilapidated state of the ancient temple's grand entrance shows us how long it has been standing here. Many strong beasts lurks around here that I don't know if we could get out alive and well if we ever meet one of them.

"Beasts like to stay here because it has a dense magical essence here. So, those beasts whose nest located here are definitely 10 times stronger than the ones outside. We better be more careful this time."

I don't know if Felice listened but I still said it as a precaution to my team. This is the most dangerous place in the mountain range after all.

"There is a fluctuating magical power around... Is this what you said that beasts likes to absorb?"

I heard Felice ask, then I solemnly nodded.

"Yeah. Because of that, the continuous absorbing of magical essence makes them more powerful and stay at the top of the food chain."

"Hmm..."

Felice contemplated while rubbing her hand on her chin. Later, she showed something that made the three of us speechless again.

"Lux."

A white mist came out from her body and is swiveling around her body before stopping before her. The white mist turned more visible and a figure is being formed. A moment passed, a white fox popped out of thin air.

"Wooo.."

The white fox is excited to finally coming out and run around Felice and raising its long mouth to cutely wail.

"Lux, try to absorb the essential here. See if its beneficial for you."

"Woo..!"

"Let's go."

The three of us finally snapped out in daze when we heard her. We instinctively followed her while telling ourselves how could we forget such a convenient beast repellent.

Entering the ruins, we encountered many debris on the ground but we all swiftly went through it.

Jack took the lead in guiding us into a safe open space inside the ruined temple. We didn't stray away far from each other in order to be protected within the white fox safety zone.

"This area is the audience hall. They used this hall to receive guests like how throne hall."

Jack said from the front after he opened a tattered wall curtain. Dust is visible everywhere every time we touch something.

We followed him inside after making sure there is no beast following us behind. Though we have a fox beside us, it's still best to be more cautious.

"Hey, guys! There's a huge hole here!"

Shouted Jack.

"Huh? Is it new? There was no hole here the last time we came here.. And it's already been years that many people didn't go here."

I nodded at what Mandy said. Though it's really been years and there might be some crazy or brave people going here even after that beast's appearance here, to cause such a huge hole on a safe zone...

I noticed Felice observing the hole which I followed.

Below, nothing can be seen. It's like, if you fall there, you are going to the abyss. I don't know why, but I feel that this place is not a safe zone anymore.

I hope I'm wrong.

I retracted my step from peeking below the hole when suddenly Felice dashed in front me and pushed me away. I staggered a bit before collecting my balance again.

In that single moment, Felice, who pushed me, was instantly wrapped by a slither body and was brought down into the dark hole.

"Felice..!"

I was about to jump into the hole when I heard the snake like beast shriek its last breath from below after a blinding light faded away in the darkness.

"Felice, are you okay down there?" Mandy asked as she drop on her fours to look clearly below.

"I'm fine here! It seems to be a hole between three floors!"

We heard her shout down below. It seems she had defeated the beast easily. We finally let out a relieved sigh.

"There's something here!"

The three of us looked at each other before unhesitantly jumped down lead by the white fox, Jack Mandy and lastly me.

I landed safely after passing at least three floors.

"So, what is it did you find?"

I glanced around to search for Felice. Although it is really dark here, it's still visible within two meters. Jack and Mandy is in front of me. And the white fox..

"Yuveen, the white fox is wailing!" Mandy worriedly told me while pointing at the noisy fox sniffing around and looking at every direction.

"When I landed, it already started doing that... and Felice is nowhere."

Jack is the one who follow after the fox. So, did that mean... Felice disappeared just after she told she saw something..?

Oh, bad, bad. This is bad.

*******

A/N: Felice died. 6ω6

Hahaha! If so, then it's THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 651 136
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...
134K 6.6K 43
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
389K 16.5K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...