The Dancing Beggar

By MyDancingZebra

One Beautiful and One Hideous. Two orphaned beggar sisters live in the streets of Konoha at the mercy of the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 10

169 4 2
By MyDancingZebra

If you have heard, a tree fell on me last week and I got injured and got stitches on my face. I get to take them off tomorrow and everything is well, thank god. I'm glad I didn't lose an eye! So be assured that everything is fine.

Do leave me a comment/review about what you think of the story so far. A vote would be greatly appreciated. Here is chapter 10. I don't own Naruto. Please enjoy.

Chapter 10

Once I was sure he was gone I began to whine out loud, "Ugh, why me". I walked around the room frustrated. I sighed in defeat then decided to head back to my room. I looked through each hallway as I passed, just to make sure Kiki wasn't present. I eventually reached my room door safely. I used the key that I had and entered the room to find Lilly up with Rini right next to her as if comforting her.

Once Lilly saw me, she ran up off her bed and rushed and hugged me. "Where have you been! I have been so worried about you!" she yelled at me.

I hugged her back. "You have no idea", I expressed miserably. I glanced over to Rini then asked, "What are you doing here Rini?"

She got up off of Lilly's bed and walked up to us. "Lilly was afraid because you didn't get back from work for hours. She asked me to help her look for you, but I told her to wait until the morning just to make sure that we weren't making a fuss over nothing", she explained firmly.

"Thanks", I told her, "for taking care of Lilly for me". I walked to my bed then jumped on it in exhaustion.

"No problem", Rini said, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but where have you been?"

I took in a deep breath then told them what had happened. They looked at me in shock. It even appeared that they didn't believe me, but they did. "Rini, I trust you so anything that happens in this room, stays in this room", I pointed.

She shook her head. "Of course, my lips are sealed, but are you sure you heard right... she wants to poison him for his money?!"

"Not to mention that she is with some other guy named Souta?!" Lilly added.

"So what am I going to do about me and him dancing?" I asked them hoping for good advice.

Rini looked at me with an upset expression. "Look at the mess this poor guy got himself in and look at what you're worried about... open your heart!" Rini walked up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "His life is in your hands right now. You decide if you want to save him or not", she declared, "but don't forget that he did change your life as well as your sister's life for the best".

I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously. She was trying to make me feel guilty about not wanting to save him. "It's not like I don't want to save him", I confessed, "I'm just afraid. I didn't want to get myself mixed up in this mess. I just wanted a change in my life and I got it. That's all. And this change is something that I prefer to avoid".

Lilly pouted. "So you're going to let him die?"

I frowned. "No", I grunted defeated by the power of guilt, "but what am I to do? Tell him the truth?"

Lilly and Rini sat next to me. "Of course not", Rini admitted, "he would never believe you... don't forget that he thinks that he loves her and, also, don't forget that she's an excellent actor".

I sat up on my bed then placed my face in my hands. "What should I do?" I groan loudly. I let my back fall on the bed desperately. "Can't we find a way to expose her?"

"Wouldn't that be too dangerous?" Lilly answered thoughtfully, "You would have to be near her and follow her everywhere to expose her... like a spy and you probably can't do that because you work. She might get suspicious of you if she finds you everywhere she goes and we'll get in trouble".

"Lilly's right", Rini agreed, "That is much harder to achieve... but there is another way", her voice drawled.

I took my hands off of my face and looked at her. She was grinning and Lilly was blushing. I didn't like where this was going. "What?" I asked ignorantly, "What is it? What's the other way?" I looked at Rini then at Lilly.

Lilly giggled. "You have to make him fall in love with you", she teased childishly.

My face flushed. "No way! I won't do it!" I protested.

Rini smirked. "But you have to if you want to save his life and since he wants to get to know you then everything might be slightly easier on you".

I placed my arms across my chested and pouted. "But that's not fair", I grumbled, "I didn't want to be a part of this. I can't make a guy fall in love with me if I don't love him back".

Lilly hugged me with her face getting redder. "My sister's going to fall in love! Yeay!" she chimed.

I jumped off of the bed. "Too far, Lilly! That guy scares me. He has the creepy makeup and that ridiculous hat! I can't find myself falling for a guy like that".

"Your choices are limited", Lilly stated, "You don't have to fall for him, he just has to fall for you and that way he might not want to be with Kiki and want to be with you... Then", Lilly ranted, "you guys will get married and have kids and I'd become an aunt!"

I flinched at her thoughts and my face reddened from embarrassment. "If you guys are going to talk that way then forget it because I'm not going to do it!" I yelled at them.

"Sorry", they both apologized innocently.

"By the way", I stated dejectedly, "I don't get why one of you can't go and do this".

"Because silly", Rini stated obviously, "he wants to dance with you and get to know you... and... he did call you beautiful".

I sighed. "I get it... fine... I'll do it, but this stays between us! No one gets to know about it, got that!" I warned both of them pointing at each of them to make sure they understood.

They nodded. "We're fine with that", Rini agreed.

"As long as you tell us everything that happens between you guys", Lilly giggled, "I mean for the team and all".

I looked at them with wide-eyes and a humiliated look. My face was still on fire and I couldn't think straight, but I couldn't help this feeling of discomfort welling up inside me. "I have to wash my clothes for tomorrow's work day", I tried to change the subject, "We'll talk about this later". I grabbed my clothes and headed for the laundry room. As I was leaving the room, I could hear their giggles and titters. They seemed happy that this was all happening, but to me I could only feel worried. I'm placing my life, Lilly's life as well as Rini's life on the line... I hope Kiki isn't as wicked as she appears to be.

I entered the laundry room and washed the clothes that Sakura had given me. I showered, changed my clothes then washed my work clothes knowing that I only had two pairs of clothing to wear. I headed back into the room to find Lilly asleep and Rini gone, probably back to her own room. I rested on my bed and closed my eyes, but I couldn't sleep. My thoughts kept on drifting to Kankuro, Kiki, and the trouble I got myself into. Tomorrow I had to dance with him and slowly make him mine. I didn't know how I was planning on going about doing this, but it will eventually have to work out... somehow.

There was only two hours until I needed to get up and get ready for work so I decided to get ready earlier than needed. I got up off of my bed and got dressed. I left and headed for the kitchen. I didn't remember what was happening once I had entered the kitchen, but I did as I was told. The day was a complete blur to me. Hana told me what my job was and I did it. Overall, my work was in the kitchen unless my position was changed by either of the siblings, but for now I had to do the basics.

Throughout the day, the dishes were to be cleaned by me along with sweeping, cleaning, and organizing the area. Any spills would be my responsibility and cleaning and preparing the table for every meal was my responsibility as well.

I stood in the middle of the kitchen blankly when a pile of plates was pushed on me by Hana. "HELLO!" she yelled loudly while waving her hands in front of my face. "What is wrong with you today?" she asked with an exhausted sigh, "Go set up the table for dinner".

"Dinner?!" I jumped a little surprised, "Shouldn't we setup for breakfast first?" I asked while placing the dishes into the sink.

She chuckled then punched my shoulder lightly. "You're funny. It's eight p.m. silly. You already set the table for breakfast and lunch, don't you remember?" she shook her head uneasily. "And you should have setup the table for dinner earlier", she exclaimed while pushing me out of the kitchen. "I swear, today you were acting like a zombie", I heard her mumble as she headed back to the kitchen.

I began to set the table. "Dinner... already!" I murmured to myself, "But I don't remember anything... of what happened today..." I lowered my head nervously and tried to remember. Little bits and pieces of the day ran through my mind. "I guess I wasn't paying attention", I sighed.

As I was setting up the table Kankuro and Kiki entered the room.

She was tugging on his shirt and pleading, "Please! We have to have it then I won't ask for anything else, I promise".

He seemed a little irritated, but he still thought about it. He headed for the table when he spotted me and smiled. "Why don't we ask for Dominique's opinion?" he spoke to her coyly with a grin.

She clapped her hands cheerfully. "That's a great idea!" she agreed walking up to me and hugging me. "I missed her so much. It's like I haven't talked to her in days".

I didn't know what to do so I hugged her back unwillingly and replied, "How can I be of service to you, Sir and Madam?"

Kiki released me from her bear hug then added, "I wanted to go with Kankuro to the beach for a quick vacation before we get married, but he's not sure if it's a great idea that we're going a couple of days before the wedding... What do you think?" she looked at me innocently.

A few days before the wedding... but why? It took me a little while to realize that it might be the time that she planned to get rid of him... when they were alone!

I gaped at her with my wide-eyes and felt my face blanch. "I don't think my opinion matters", I forced myself to say then I excused myself hurriedly to the kitchen. The rest of their family followed a few minutes after I had entered the kitchen and I began served them their food.

"So what do you think Temari", Kiki asked while playing with her food, "Should we go and have fun or stay here and get stressed?"

Temari looked at her with concern. "I think that you shouldn't go just because you might have trouble on your way back here, don't you think so Gaara?"

Lord Gaara ate his food casually then answered, "You should be patient until after the wedding... then you guys could go anywhere you want", he informed them indifferently.

Kiki pouted and leaned back into her chair while folding her arms. "What if we go earlier... like in a week instead of a couple of days before the wedding?" she added hopefully.

Temari nodded. "I don't see why not...", she shrugged, "as long as the preparations are set early then everything will be fine".

A wide smile spread across Kiki's face. "Yes!" she cheered, "You better set reservations", she pointed at Kankuro.

He shook his hand dismissively then said, "Don't worry about it. In seven days we'll be swimming on the beach", he told her enthusiastically.

As I heard them go about the upcoming trip excitedly, a long frown stretched across my face. The clock for his life is ticking fast and I'm the only one who possesses the ability to allow it to tick longer.

Once they had finished their dinner, I cleaned up after them and rushed through the dishes. I needed time and I couldn't waste it on these pathetic dishes even though that was my plan this morning.

Hana entered the kitchen with more dishes. "In a rush?" she noted.

I nodded. "I have to check up on Lilly", I lied.

She placed the pile next to the sink then said then looked at me. "You know, Lilly told you about her being signed up for summer school and all, but all you did was nod expressionlessly. You didn't even jump or congratulate her..."

"I will", I told her innocently, "I was just busy today".

Hana stood next to me and helped out with the rest of the dishes. "You haven't smiled one bit today", she told me with a hint of disappointment in her tone, "Did she take it away from you?"

I clutched to the plate that I was cleaning tightly. "No", I lied, "I'm just exhausted from all of this work... I'm not used to it. Tomorrow I'll smile more", I promised. I sighed then looked at her. "You know that you don't have to help me if you don't want to, I can finish the dishes on my own".

She shook her head. "No that's okay", she beamed at me, "I want to help you finish these dishes so you can get to your sister and congratulate her. I don't want you to get so caught up with this work that you'd forget about her", she warned me.

"I'll never forget about my sister", I informed her kindly, "She's everything I live for".

She smiled and nodded in agreement as we rushed through the dishes. We finished in half the time it would have taken me if I had done it on my own. Once we finished, I gave Hana a hug goodnight and slipped through the floors undetected until I reached Master Kankuro's bedroom. I gave it three knocks then I headed for the dance studio.

I entered the dark room then turned on the lights. I found myself a comfortable place on the floor then I collapsed there awaiting his arrival. I took deep breaths from all the fatigue I was experiencing.

Okay Dominique, today is just like any other day except you have to seduce a guy into liking you... shouldn't be hard now should it? I told myself trying to cheer me up...

I heard footsteps coming from the hallway nearing the door. I looked up at the door as it opened revealing the man I was meant to save.

I stood up. "Hello sir", I said with a bow, "how should we start off today?"

He walked and sat on the floor. He patted on the flooring next to him point for me to come near him and sit beside him. So I did.

He didn't look at me straight, but he did gaze at me through the mirror in front of us. It was like his way of communicating with me without trying to make me feel uncomfortable... but he was wrong, I felt even more awkward than I should have felt.

"So", he began with his gaze set on to me in the mirror, "how are we going to get to know each other better to build a trustful relationship", he ended with a kind smile.

I put my finger on my lip to think then I said, "There are several different ways, sir..."

"How about we start with you not calling me sir or master? Wouldn't that help..." he told me causally.

I gave him a funny look then replied simply, "It would, but I don't think you would be comfortable with that".

He frowned. "None of my friends call me master or sir. So I expect you not to either. Call me by my name, Kankuro... After all, we're no different".

I looked at him with a shocked expression then smiled, "You're right", I set my eyes back on his reflection, "I guess we're not so different. Well", I added, "We could build a relationship of trust by getting to know each other's strengths and weaknesses".

"Let me guess, one of your strengths is being a mind-blowing dancer", he told me in an obvious tone.

I blushed. "I'm not that good", I answered.

"You're right", he agreed, "you're not good... you're stunning", he confessed.

My blush reddened even more. "Oh so let me guess", I said aloud, "one of your strengths is telling people how good they are".

"Nah", he said firmly, "I just see good in others. There's a difference".

I lowered my head. "But you can't see the evil in them", I mumbled unconsciously.

"Huh?"

I winced. "It's nothing", I told him. "So you didn't tell me anything about yourself".

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, so I have to go first?!"

"I want to get to know you better", I blurted out, "For us..."

He laughed. "For us, hm".

I cringed from the way he said that then shied away. "Not that way", I muffled.

He laughed again. "I know... so let's see...what would I like you to know about me...", he thought out loud as he placed his balm on his chin in a thinking position.

He gazed into my eyes with hesitation written all over his expression. He lowered his face until his lips almost touched my ears. He whispered, "I have killed over one thousand people so far... and soon I have another mission that involves eliminating more... would you really dance with a guy like me?"

Sorry that this chapter wasn't exciting as usual. I guess all writers have to go through that. Next week's chapter though should have a dancing scene in it. Those are very difficult to write so please be patient with this story. I do take my time to write and edit. I have to reread every chapter I write to make sure everything make sense. I do appreciate all the votes, likes, fans, and comments/reviews. They all keep me going and every new comment just makes me want to jump out of joy. I'll try my best with the next chapter. See you next week J Bye.

Continue Reading