Waiting For My Mate

By Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 18

9.6K 256 107
By Veikari

Laxus carried Freed up to the cliff nearby and they could see the forest better all the way to the shore. Freed should have guessed that Laxus would set his camp in a place where he could keep an eye on his surroundings.

They arrived at the small cave and Laxus went in. His backpack was on the ground all packed up and fireplace was put out.

"Just sit there", blond said putting Freed down on the rock. "I'll relight the fire, fetch water from the stream and then we start cleaning your bruises and take a look at that ankle of yours."

"It's okay, I'm pretty sure it is only strained a little", Freed assured. "I can help."

"Keep your ass set on that rock", Laxus snarled and the rune mage froze to his spot when he was just about to get up. "And don't you dare move it without a really good reason while I'm gone", he said and grabbed a kettle in his hand. "And a beetle crawling near you is not a really good reason", he added and stomped outside the cave.

Freed huffed but smiled. It was nice when Laxus was taking care of him, he had to admit that walking with his ankle as it was right now would be really challenging.. The rune mage opened his white boot and carefully lifted it and his sock from his foot and flinched in pain. His ankle was swollen but not that dark so it probably wasn't broken. He raised his hand and touched side of his head, hissing quietly. Well, at least there was no more blood.

Freed waited until he heard steps and Laxus came back. The dragon slayer poured some cold water on the other cup and started to relight the fire. Freed took a wash cloth, drench it in cold water and wrapped it around his ankle to decrease swelling.

When fire was burning Laxus put the kettle above it. Then he opened his backpack and pulled out his blankets and other stuff. He looked at Freed when he heard grumbling and the rune mage slightly blushed.

"Just my stomach", he muttered embarrassed. He must seem absolutely useless right now, his leg injured and not even able to gather some food for himself despite arriving at this island many hours ago. It was pathetic.

"Eat this", Laxus said and handed over a package. Freed opened it and found two sandwiches.

"Are you sure - fine, fine, I will eat them", he said quickly when Laxus gave him a warning growl. "Thank you, Laxus", Freed smiled and took a bite. He really was hungry so sandwiches were gone quickly. "I'm surprised you found something to eat in this island other than bugs."

"I didn't. Inside those were grasshoppers meat."

Freed stared at Laxus pale and shocked.

"W-what?" he stuttered and felt nauseous.

"I'm kidding!" Laxus said quickly. He wasn't but he didn't want Freed to start hurl.

"That was a bad joke, Laxus", greenette muttered. "I almost threw up."

"I'm sorry", Laxus said. "I didn't mean to cause that."

He narrowed his eyes and Freed got confused. Then Laxus grabbed his chin and turned his head.

"You've hurt your head", he said carefully combing the green hair aside with his fingers so he could see the wound better.

"Yes, when I fell in the lair of beetles", Freed nodded. "It's nothing serious, just a scratch."

"It needs to be cleaned right away when we have clean water", Laxus murmured letting go of his chin. "You shouldn't have come here. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I wanted to find you. We have to talk about what happened."

"It was something I shouldn't have done, ever", Laxus muttered. "You should be able to trust me but instead I did something that horrible..."

"I do trust you, Laxus. I was surprised and scared but I understand it was something you couldn't control at the moment", Freed assured softly. "You were mad and really jealous. Your dragon side saw me as a mate who you should claim before someone else could do it. I know you would never do something like that by your own choice, you are not like that."

"I'm amazed how even after all of that you still can defend my actions", Laxus huffed. "You don't have to do that, you know? No, you shouldn't do that."

"Yes I do or else you wouldn't forgive yourself. Nothing happened in the end, you restrained yourself."

"This season is making me go crazy, I shouldn't be near you. I might hurt you again, this time I might actually rape you."

"No you won't, I know it. Besides... It wasn't that bad", Freed confessed and blushed bright red. "I mean... It felt good when you were dominating and possessive... But I figured that because you were not in your right mind you would hate yourself after it. That's the biggest reason why I stopped it. You would think that you raped me regardless that I wanted it too. Then it wouldn't be raping but you would still think it that way no matter what I would have told you afterwards."

Laxus said nothing, just pouring boiled water on another bowl and set the kettle aside so the water would cool off and they could use it as drinking water.

"You're being too hard on yourself, Laxus. Like always", Freed said worried. "We can try... doing that now when you are not mad any more. We can proceed slowly and so you actually know what you are doing. I'm sure your dragon side will not interrupt now that there are no threats."

"You... wanna do it?" Laxus asked confused and looked at Freed. "Even after..."

"Yes", Freed said steady. "Well I mean... we don't need to do it right now", he said quickly and his cheeks were burning. "But when the time is right."

"Oh..."

"Um... Are you disappointed?"

"Somewhat", Laxus chuckled and drenched a towel in the bowl. "Almost started to think about what it would feel like to do it here in the cave or outside under the stars. That means you don't refuse me? That you wanna be my mate?" he asked with hope in his voice.

Freed's cheeks turned even more redder if possible, but he nodded.

"Yes", he said with a smile. "More than anything."

"I'm glad to hear that", Laxus purred lifting the towel and wiped Freed's cheeks with it tenderly. "Let's get those scratches and bruises cleaned now and make more food for you."

"I'm not that hungry any more", Freed chuckled and took the towel from Laxus' hand and put it on the side of his head on the bump. Laxus started to add disinfectant on wounds that were now clean. "And what time is it? It's late night already."

"Past midnight", Laxus said gently swiping little scratches with cotton wool. "You sleepy?"

"Yes", Freed nodded. "This has been a really long day. But I have to borrow a blanket from you."

"Like hell you're gonna sleep on a different blanket than me", Laxus smirked. "You're sleeping with me."

"Well, I can never stand against your word", Freed said smiling.

"Damn right. I just put on the bandages and you can then lay down", Laxus said and started to wrap up Freed's ankle and at the same time Freed brushed his hair so it wouldn't be a total mess in the morning. He also braided it and then Laxus wrapped a bandage around his head.

"Help me up, will you?" he asked and Laxus pulled him up. Freed limped to the blankets and sat down, unbuckling his belt and he took off his coat.

"You need anything else?" Laxus asked while he packed some of the stuff in his backpack and covered the cave's entry with his big coat.

"No, just some sleep", Freed said and lied down, using his coat as a pillow.

Laxus put more wood on the fire and then he sat down next to Freed on the blanket and pulled another blanket over them.

"Don't want you to catch a cold", he murmured and wrapped his big arms around Freed who smiled.

"I won't", he promised.

Silence landed and only fire crackled.

"Laxus?"

"Hmm?"

"Good night", Freed said softly.

"Good night, babe", Laxus said and kissed his mate's cheek and then shut his eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.

Freed in the other hand could only stare at the roof of the cave. He would never get used to the feeling when Laxus was kissing him. It was too wonderful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 70 12
Just a remake of my old story "Mate" from my old account @ToraAstrid. I thought that I would... errr thoroughly improve it after rewatching Fairy Tai...
44.1K 1.1K 30
Fraxus mating season Laxus believes he's to be with Mira, but what happens when she's gone for his mating season? Laxus discovers the truth but rejec...
233K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
79.8K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...