Melissa

By DipashaSarkar

Melissa: She has a story in her eyes. "You. Are. Mine." He said, emphasising each word so that they carve in... More

Prologue. ✓
Chapter 1- A Forced Life. ✓
Chapter 2- Mr and Mrs Evans.
Chapter 3- Blank Space.
Chapter 4- Black and Red.
Chapter 5- White Darkness.
Chapter 6- Gorgeous, Ms. Melissa Black.
Chapter 7A- Masked.
Chapter 7B- A Fateful Night.
Chapter 8- Let It Begin!
Chapter 9- Friends At Skyee!
Chapter 10- Icy Blue.
Chapter 11- Grapes Dipped In Honey.
Chapter 12- Its A Deal.
Chapter 13- GoodBye.
Chapter 14- Silent Welcome.
Chapter 15- Only Family.
Chapter 16- Unexpected.
Chapter 17- Inception.
Chapter 18- The Contract.
Chapter 19- Beautiful Rose.
Chapter 20- Cruel Realities.
Chapter 21- Doctor's Call.
Chapter 22- An Unexpected Visitor.
Chapter 23- The Mistress.
Chapter 24- Stranded.
Chapter 25- Like a Broken Glass.
Chapter 26- Fading Away.
Chapter 27- Moments.
Chapter 28- Smiles
Chapter 29- Over Ice Cream
Chapter 30A - A Dayout.
Chapter 30B- A Dayout.
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings.
Chapter 33- Doubts
Chapter 34 - Warmth
Chapter 35- The Lost Feeling
Chapter 36- Lights and Kisses
Chapter 37- Stormy Night
Chapter 38- Morning After...
Chapter 39 - Flying to Rio!
Chapter 40- Friends.
Chapter 41- I Love You.
Chapter 42- Faded
Chapter 43- where I belong...
Chapter 44 - Hatred
Chapter 45 - All that pain...
Chapter 46 - Rescue
Chapter 47- Haunted
Chapter 48 - At Peace.
Epilogue
Author's Note.
New Story : Unfinished

Chapter 32- "I'm not..."

1.7K 74 8
By DipashaSarkar

Melissa's POV.

She was sitting with a glass of red wine between her fingers, perched up on the handrest of the black couch.

Her hair fell in soft waves around her shoulders and dangled below her breasts. Her flimsy peach day gown was like a second skin on her. She was simple yet so full of sex.

Rosaline McShire was an enigma.

Her laughter echoed through the room, while Rogan's finger ran down the length of her hair curling in the process. He was chuckling with her.

What's so funny?! Mr. Kingston is entertaining another woman while staying with me. Breeching the contract. I see.

I knocked. They didn't listen. As Expected, they were too engrossed with each other to notice me.

I cleared my throat. "Am I interrupting?" I mustered a small smile.

Both of them turned towards me and smiled. "May I come in?" I felt obligated to ask for permission because this isn't my home after all. A temporary home.

"You don't have to ask, Mel." Rogan said. "You are home? Did you eat?" He asked, suddenly showing concern. I rolled my eyes mentally.

"Nope. I came to call you for dinner. I didn't know you had company." I replied and turned towards Rose. She was taking gulps from her wine glass.

"Oh. Melissa this is Rose. You've met before if you remember. And Rose, Melissa." He introduced us formally. Rose gave me a firm handshake and scrutinizing eyes. Last time I met her she was least bothered with us. What's with this watchful gaze that she was giving me now?

"Good to meet you finally." Rose smiled a little and shook her glass of wine in front of me. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked.

I shook my head, no. "Um, dinner is ready. I came to call you guys to join me." I said quickly, already in a hurry to do away with this conversation and eat and go to sleep.

"Uh, I must head out now." Rose looked at her wrist watch, a limited edition Guess watch in gold. The watch was very beautiful. "I'm getting late."

"Have dinner and leave. What's the hurry?" Rogan asked her while getting up from the couch and hugging her by the waist. My eyes automatically went to where his hand was now lying, holding her in a tight grip.

"I am going to dinner with this sultan who I met in one of the charity functions." She said softly, almost whispered to Rogan and then smiled again. How can someone smile so much?

"Ok. Come I'll drop you to your car." He offered. This time she tip-toed and kisses briefly at the side of his lips.

What the hell.

"I'll go. You stay, have dinner. See you." Then she moved out of his hold and started moving out of the lounge room. "see you soon, Melissa."

Soon? Probably, never again. My subconscious bitched.

Without giving another thought, as the woman in that flimsy gown left, I turned and left to head over to the kitchen.

I sensed Rogan following me behind. I didn't pay any attention to the man. How could he still be in a relationship with her? Weren't the rules same for the both of us? And he called her home too? What the hell!!

I thought he changed. Things between us changed. How could he bring her home? How can he still be with her? He could have at least told me about it.

Why would he? Who are you to him? No one. My subconscious stated.

Right.

------------

Rogan's POV.

Something is off.

I could feel the indifference in Melissa. She was not her regular self. What happened?

She didn't pay attention to the food that lay in front of her. I have double checked the food and it was fine. So the food didn't make her mood sour.

"How was your day?"

She seemed lost. She didn't reply to my question. Something was definitely wrong with her. Probably something to do with work or some disturbing story about a client...

"Melissa..." I called out louder but soft enough. She jerked up her head and looked at me. I think I just saw her eyes slightly narrow at me or was I imagining it?

"Yes?"

"I asked, how was your day?"

"Oh. Hectic." She replied and went back to staring at her food and fiddling with it.

"Are you ok, Mel? Is something wrong?" Worriedly, I asked. She scoffed but still nodded her head.

"Are you feeling sick? I'll get the doctor." I immediately got up from me chair and went towards her side of the dining table. I took her hand and checked her pulse, her forehead.

But Melissa, to my utter surprise snatched her hand away from me. "I'm fine. Don't bother."

"You don't seem fine to me." I said begrudgingly. "What is it, tell me." 

"Why do you bother? Don't pretend as if you care." She snapped.

My jaws clenched. Didn't she know how much I care for her? I held her arms in a firm grip, not too tight to hurt her. She needs to know!

"I don't care? Seriously? Can't you see?!" I shook her a bit to get some sense into her. She makes me so frustrated with her words, her actions, always pushes the wrong buttons.

"Of course you don't." Her soft voice did something to me, it irked me within, ignited something carnal. Then, she smirked. "Tell that to Rose. Your Rose." She removed my hands from her arm and sat down on her chair to eat once again. Why does she have to act so indifferent all the time? Am I not trying enough?

Then it clicked.

She was distracted. She was bothered. And she was bothered by Rose.

I couldn't help but smirk. How long has it been since she got jealous over a woman because of me? Years! It was always so much fun to tease her when she was jealous.

But this time it's different, her nose didn't flair or her ears didn't become red from anger. Her face didn't flush out of jealousy and possessiveness. Now she didn't give any reaction, she was being indifferent and it's spellbounding to see how she could hide her emotions.

That man has ruined my Melissa. Completely destroyed her. The anger inside me for Blake Evans was towering to its highest point. I kept my control in front of her.

"Mel, are you jealous?" I smirked at her narrowed eyebrows. Her face didn't show any embarrassment or anger, just a look that says 'i don't give a fuck'.

"I am not..." She stopped and frowned. "Wait. Why would I be jealous?"

I so wanted to laugh!

"Because..." I pulled her closer and she tried to resist but I held her tight. "You know why. Aren't you jealous, Melissa?" I looked deep into her entrapping eyes.

"No." She gulped.

"Liar." I whispered in her ear.

"I'm not jealous Rogan." She fisted my shirt in her hands and said in a firm voice. "Because I don't have a reason to be..."

Those words hit me like a needle in my chest. "Are you sure?" I dipped down and placed a lingering kiss just below her ear, her breath was caught. "Are you?"

____________________*×*________________________

Please vote and comment your views. Tell me if you like the story or not.
You can also place a note on my message board or DM me personally. I always reply to them. I would love to hear your thoughts on Melissa.

Read my other stories!

Love,
Loren.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1K 46
"What the hell is your problem Mario."I yelled breathing unevenly. I noticed him fuming. I bet he hated being yelled at. Well, guess what, I didn't...
1.8K 194 71
Editing in progress.... What happens when deepest desires become one's way of life? Behind the darkness lies a world that one isn't familiar with or...
3.1M 251K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2.8M 72.2K 58
Nathan Vaughn is a hard working dad of a beautiful baby boy in which he is prepared to go the extra mile to keep him safe. He is the leader of the bi...