28 Days | Jungkook ✔

By drawfavs

You & Jungkook despise each other. It wasn't fair that someone with a cruel personality had everything-enviab... More

Friends to Enemies to Goodbye
Deal with the Devil
Screwed up
Victoria's Secret Scammer
Dank Memes in Hell
Gucci Model on the Runway
Bangtan Boys
Just One Day
Saviour Instead of a Villain
The Devil's Father
Oh My Lucifer
Pied Piper
8 Hours of Sleep? Not Realistic
Crying Beautifully
Lucky
Warm Hands
Save Me
We Got Time
The Masked Man
Coffee
Toy
Real Life
Heaven
Fake Dating
Young Love
The Game
Bora
Fake Happiness
T Shirt
Luminary
Honesty
Kim Jonghyun
Friends to Enemies to Friends Again
Goodbye
Awkward
Present
Dance
Alcohol
Family Reunion
Fault
The Coward's Choice
Break
Heart
History
Tutor
First Love
Crying Devil
Plan
Jewelry
Painting
Chao
Warehouse
Celebrity
News
Intentions
Simple
Power
Door
Cigar
Chamber
Value
Late
Number
One Week
Bag
Path
Satan
Fake Smile
Supernatural
Trapped
Strange
Baggy
Gates
Gaze
Member
Safe
Lullaby
Quiet
Same
Compliment
King
Shadows
Call
Proud
Revenge
Texts
Tamed
Beastly
Cards
Transaction
Regret
Anonymous
Identity
Flames
Lies
Fate
Sunrise
Golden
Dream
EPILOGUE
28 Days - Frequently Asked Questions

Waitress [Special Chapter for 28k Reads]

19K 951 396
By drawfavs

4 years ago - Busan, Korea

       "H-how do you know I'm not fully human?" Taehyung gulped.

The stranger snorted. "Because I can sense the mythical energy off of you.. it's one of my many talents."

Taehyung crossed his arms. "Which means that you aren't fully human either. What are you?"

     "You tell me first," The boy crossed his arms.

       "I don't even know what your name is..." Taehyung huffed.

       "It's Jimin," The boy didn't even blink when answering. "You?"

      Jimin... what a pretty name for such a pretty boy.

"Taehyung," he answered.

"You think I'm pretty?" Jimin raised his brow, taking a step closer to him.

"Huh, what? Did I say that out loud?" Taehyung was confused and scared.

        "Nah... I can read minds," Jimin smirked.

       This guy has so many talents... unfair. When will Father give me an ability besides collecting souls for the Underworld? I'm so boring in comparison.

       "So you probably could hear what I just now thought too, huh..." Taehyung rubbed his neck.

       "Nah, I can only use my power for a few seconds ten times every Earth year. That's it," Jimin shrugged.

       "So you chose to listen to my thoughts right after you told your name... and you heard me think you were uh...."

       "Pretty," Jimin purred. "Don't be so shy. I think you're pretty too."

      "Oh, wow. Thanks," Taehyung's cheeks heated up.

       Taehyung waited for Jimin to say something, but he didn't. Taehyung finally spoke up. "So you probably know what creature I am if you can read my thoughts...."

     Jimin shook his head. "Nah. Like I told you before, I used the last of my power a few seconds before. Got over a year until I can use that ability again."

"Oh... so you wasted the last of the ability on me..." Taehyung shyly looked down.

"I wouldn't call it a waste. You indirectly told me that I'm pretty, right?"

Taehyung smiled cheekily. "Yeah...But you weren't supposed to hear that..."

"And why not?" Jimin crosses his arms.

"Because I'm not even supposed to talk to you. Just started this job and my fath-I mean my boss, told me to avoid speaking to humans. Said it was a distraction." Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin rested his arm on Taehyung's shoulder and poked his cheek. "But I'm not human, remember... C'mon, let's go have some fun." He grabbed Taehyung's hand.

"Wh-where are we going? Are you sure?" Taehyung's eyes almost buldged out of his head.

"Yeah, c'mon everyone deserves a break! Even us magical creatures!"

Entranced by Jimin's cool hand holding his, Taehyung doesn't let go. He decides he'll go wherever Jimin wants. I mean, Taehyung was literally Satan's son. Jimin would never be able to hurt Taehyung. How powerful could Jimin be?

      While still holding Taehyung's hand, Jimin leads Taehyung to a small shop called "Chung's Coffee". This place seemed very familiar.. has Taehyung been here before?

"I've heard all about coffee... and it doesn't taste good at all." Taehyung makes a face to show his disgust.

Jimin pouts. "Then you don't have to get coffee.. there's a lot of other treats this coffee shop provides.. like teas, frappacinos, bagels, cookies, cakes..."

"Cookies?" Taehyung's eyes widen. "I've heard all about those! Definitely wanna try. Let's go!" This time, Taehyung opens the door and leads Jimin inside.

"Wow..." The coffee shop was really busy. There were students and adults bustling in and out the doors. Taehyung spins around, admiring all of his surroundings. He feels a tap on his shoulder.

      He turns to see a strange girl around his age before him. The amber flicks in her big brown eyes matched the bright red highlights in brown hair. Really cool.

      "Hi, I'll be your waitress that's serving you guys, today!" The girl chatters excitedly.

       "Waitress? Where's Mrs. Chung? Doesn't she usually serve everyone?" Jimin raises his eyebrow at the unfamiliar girl.

       "She's at the cashier. I'm newly hired- I started working this week. Since it's really busy right now, let me show you guys where you can sit!" She chirps and gestures for them to follow her.

      "Really bright and enthusiastic..." Jimin whispers to Taehyung.

     "Yeah it's annoying. But cute," Taehyung muttered.

        She gestures at the only empty table in the shop, and Taehyung and Jimin sit down. She places two menus at the table.

       "I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order. I really hope you guys enjoy your time here!" She frolicks away to another table.

      Jimin and Taehyung giggle at her high enthusiasm. As Taehyung opens the menu, he can't help but glance back to the waitress with red strips in her hair. She smiles at everyone, even to those who frown at her.

      The front door chimes open and a group of young boys walk into the coffee shop. A taller one with dark, shaggy hair strikes Taehyung's eye, and is more noticeable to him than the waitress. This guy seems extremely familiar, even more so than the coffee shop. Taehyung feels like this boy is a missing part of his past.

      The boy confidently walks in, but sees the waitress and turns around and faces the door of the shop. Seems like he's surprised to see the waitress and wants to leave. His friends push him back around, not caring about his nervousness.

       The adolescents in the group chatter with each other, except for the dark haired boy.

He seems to be staring at the waitress with a sense of longing. Like how'd you look at a person you desire for. Taehyung has heard all about love in the underworld and how it's nonexistent, but the way this boy looks at the waitress... it's definitely with love.

Taehyung hopes someone will look at him like how this boy was looking at the girl.

       When the waitress finally looks toward the shaggy haired boy's direction, he abruptly looks away. He takes the phone out of his pocket and begins using it.

        "Taehyung, what do you want?" Jimin asks from across the table.

      "Huh? What do you mean?" Taehyung snaps out of his daze and looks towards Jimin.

      Jimin rolls his eyes. "Out of the menu, what items do you want to order?"

     "Uh.... I don't know yet..." Taehyung turns towards the front of the restaurant but the waitress and the group of boys were nowhere to be found. Where could they have gone?

      Jimin shakes his head. "Well, please stop staring at random people and look at the menu."

      Taehyung glances at the menu, but he wasn't reading it. His thoughts were filled with that dark haired boy. Where had he seen him? Why does he seem so familiar? Even this coffee shop itself.. Taehyung has seen or has been here before...

      Someone interrupts his thoughts again, but it wasn't Jimin.

     "Hey guys, did you decide what you want? Sorry it took so long, the coffee shop has never been this busy!" The waitress exclaimed, taking out a notepad and pen from her apron.

      Jimin nods. "Yeah, I definitely know what I want.. You?"

     Taehyung shakes his head. "No, I'm not ready..."

      Jimin rolls his eyes impatiently. "C'mon dude, we've been staring at the menu for over ten minutes."

     The girl smiles. "It's okay! I can just give some menu recommendations to, uh.."

      "V." Taehyung juts his chest out. "My name is V." Jimin raises his eyebrows at Taehyung's lie, but doesn't say anything.

      "Cool name, V! My name is Y/n. So what's your style- black coffee or something lighter?" She asks.

     Taehyung grimaces. "Not black coffee. And I haven't ever had anything on the menu before."

      "Oh a first- timer here! Well I suggest something sweet and savory.. how about an iced caramel latte?"

     Taehyung raises his eyebrow in confusion. "Eye Carol Lot Hey?"

      The waitress giggles. "No, iced caramel latte! I know you'll love it. I'll be surprised if you don't, since it's my absolute favorite menu item," she assures.

       Taehyung slowly nods his head.

       The waitress places her hand on her hip. "Hey, V- let's have a deal. If you don't like the iced caramel latte, not even a little, you can get it for free! I'll even take the price of the drink out of my paycheck!"

Jimin shakes his head. "That's unnecessary, Y/n..."

Y/n grins again. "Don't worry, everyone loves the iced caramel latte from here. Even latte haters love it- that's just how perfect Mrs. Chung makes it!"

Jimin agrees. "If you say so..."

Y/n writes down the iced caramel latte on her notepad. "Anything else, lads?"

Jimin nods. "Yeah, a caffe mocha for me. And chocolate chip cookies, one for each of us."

"Awesome choice picking the cookies!" Y/n begins writing the rest of the order on her notepad.

Jimin gestures for Y/n to lower her head and bend down. "If you don't mind me asking...how are you working at a coffee shop so young? Even though you're tall, your face looks like you could be in middle school," he whispered, hoping no one else would hear it.

"Funny story. I got this job because..."

"Mrs. Chung hired her illegally," someone interrupted Y/n.

Y/n, Jimin and Taehyung turned towards the guy speaking. It was the dark haired boy Taehyung was observing before.

It's the guy Taehyung thought had a crush on Y/n.

"You can't work in restaurants and coffee shops until you're sixteen years old with a permit. Y/n is thirteen." The boy crosses his arms.

"Jungkook, please don't tell anyone." Y/n begs, her voice shaking.

Jungkook... that name rings a bell. Where exactly has Taehyung heard the alias "Jungkook" before?

Jungkook smirks. "Of course I won't. Wouldn't want Mrs. Chung to get into trouble. I'll make you pay for your sins for almost ruining her life, though." He cracks his neck.

Guess Jungkook doesn't love Y/n.. maybe Taehyung inaccurately analyzed the way he was staring at her. Maybe he was gazing at her with feelings of animosity instead of adoration.

       "What do you exactly want..." Y/n says in a low, fearful voice.

"You gotta tutor my friends."

      "That's it?" Y/n shrugged.

      "Yeah, they're total dumbasses. I don't wanna spend my valuable time teaching them basic concepts. Maybe you'll do something else for me too- we'll see." Jungkook turns around and walks back to his group of friends.

         Y/n shakes her head back and forth and writes angrily in her notebook. She's writing for a few minutes and flips the page over. A tear falls down her cheek. She hurriedly turns around and walks towards the counter. Y/n bumps into someone and her notepad falls out of her apron.

      "Hey, you dropped something!" Taehyung calls out, but she doesn't seem to hear. Taehyung gets out from his chair and picks up the notebook. The page is flipped over to the page where she angrily wrote something.

At the top of the page it says "Money". There's a few numbers below with dollar signs next to them. At the bottom, it says:

in danger of losing job. how else will i help mom & dad with rent money now??! we're gonna get kicked out of the apartment.. its all my fault

Taehyung turns the notepad back to its first page and hands it to Y/n at the counter.

"You dropped this!" Taehyung tells her.

She fakes a smile, weakly. "Did you read it?"

Taehyung fakes a smile, too. "Yeah, the page with our order. You got it right with the latte, cookies and Jimin's drink."

Y/n presses her lips together. "Yeah, that's what the notebook is all for... I'll be sure to give you guys your order soon. Thanks for being patient."

Taehyung smiles, cheekily. "Thanks for being our waitress!" He heads back to the table.

Taehyung shakes his head. "Wow that waitress and Jungkook got mad beef..."

Jimin nods. "That guy seemed really cruel. But I don't sense any dark energy off of him. You?"

Magical creatures can sense when human beings are greatly evil or not. It's one gift they all share.

Taehyung nods. "With those type of people, you feel something dark lurking in their souls. But I'm feeling the opposite...?"

Jimin nods. "What Jungkook did was really cruel.. but perhaps his intentions were good?"

Taehyung was confused. "How could anyone threatening a girl with losing her job have good intentions?"

Jimin shrugged. "Or maybe he's just a jerk and we're terrible at sensing human's energies. We're young anyways- we gotta practice."

Taehyung nods. "Yeah, I guess..." Taehyung has never been inaccurate with deciphering humans before. But he's only had few encounters with them. There's always gonna be an outlier.

Y/n finally arrives to the table. Her face is bright and cheery again like it was before. If they just met now, Taehyung wouldn't even have guessed she teared up a few minutes ago.

"Here's your drinks and cookies, guys! Bon apetit!" She hands them their orders and walks back to the counter, like the traumatizing event with Jungkook hadn't happened.

Jimin takes a sip of the drink and smiles. "Ahh, that's delicious. I always get this every time I get this here."

Taehyung is still lost in thought, taking bites of his delicious cookie, wondering who the mysterious Jungkook he may have met before in his life.

"C'mon go try your drink!" Jimin gestures to Taehyung.

Taehyung finally takes a sip of the iced caramel latte. A smile immediately appears upon his face. How can just a simple human-made beverage uplift your mood in seconds? This is one of the greatest drinks he's ever had in his life. Scratch that-it's the best!

Y/n walks back to the table.

"So how do you guys like your order?"

Jimin nods. "Everything is great!"

Y/n looks towards Taehyung for approval. "V, do you like the iced caramel latte?"

      Jimin also looks eagerly towards Taehyung, waiting for the answer.

      Heck yeah!, Taehyung wanted to yell out. But something quite different came from his mouth.

       "No. No, I didn't like it at all."

      Jimin and Y/n look confused. But especially, Y/n. She looks, almost.. hurt.

      "Maybe Mrs. Chung didn't prepare it right? No, what am I saying- she always prepares it right. Are you sure, V?" She's in disbelief from his unpleasant response.

       Taehyung nods, slowly. "Yeah. Just wasn't one of the best things I've ever had." He shrugged.

      Y/n's hurt expression quickly turned back to her regular cheery expression. "It's okay. Everyone has different tastes. Even though you're the first person I've ever met who dislikes this recommendation... guess I can't please everyone." She laughs.

      "I'll be back with the receipt. Guess I'll pay for the iced caramel latte. You win this round, V! Don't worry about it, the drink was mad cheap anyways. I won't even notice the deduction from my paycheck." She hurriedly walks back to the counter.

       "Dude! What's wrong with you? You enjoyed the drink, I saw you smiling after taking a sip. You lied to her!" Jimin exclaimed in disbelief.

      Taehyung shrugged and Jimin rolled his eyes.

      Jimin was right- Taehyung was lying. But he had good reason to. He was an evil creature from hell—-heck, he was Satan's offspring! It's in Taehyung's nature to be unforgivingly cruel. It was only on Earth, he noticed he became so human-like and polite to everyone.

       And yet Taehyung realized, Jungkook, a full human, has acted more like the devil's son than Taehyung has ever had in his life.

      And Taehyung felt threatened.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: remember this is still a flashback still continuing from the previous chapter. Jungkook and y/n are 18 in the book (I know it's young but they're in high school Jungkook can't be 20 lol) so yea in the current flashback from this
they're 14.

happy 28,000 reads for 28 Days! Never thought I'd get this far when I first started this story.

   In celebration, I uploaded this chapter when the story hit 28,000 reads. So let's celebrate yay WOOOHOOOOO !!

Thanks so much guys!!! 💕💕 im gonna write and hopefully get back to an upload schedule soon ☺️

This story WILL end though , so y'all mind checking my historical fanfic "The Cowardly Warrior" ??
It's about a girl in the 13th Century who isn't allowed to learn how to fight, but she disguised herself as a guy and learns to fight at an academy. She eventually becomes a secret hero and is scared to reveal her identity. Taehyung inspired her to stop being a coward, and Jimin is her enemy/ the 2nd male lead 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 3.9K 24
yoongi hears a voice in his head constantly telling him everything wrong with him. he pictures the voice like a snake, injecting him with venom and s...
239K 15.7K 46
Jungkook suddenly received a text from Taehyung. But the thing is, Taehyung is dead. [ HORROR FIC ] - Warning : Non graphic suicide, abusive behavior...
1M 52.6K 82
『 Park Jimin suffers from severe depression, anxiety, and unrequited love for his best friend, Jeon Jungkook. the latter is straight and has a lover...
32K 1.6K 32
Our past can haunt us in mysterious ways, constantly reminding us of things done or said in the past in their own ways. Everyone deals with those thi...