Jet Black Heart•Kol Mikaelson

By everlovleyjewel

ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ɪ'ᴅ sɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs sᴛᴀʀɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ғʟᴀᴍᴇs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ... More

prologue
Cast
•new year, new secret•
•the brother•
•other guys•
•the date•
•halloween fright•
•162 candles•
•road trip•
•other girls•
•his inocence•
•triple date•
•all i need•
•isobel•
•strong feelings•
•la mére•
•bad timing•
•ruined him•
•brother•
•nothing•
•dinner ends with a date•
•originals•
•the code•
•wolf hunt•
•chicago•
•senior year•
•the ex ghost•
•homecoming•
•bad birthday's•
•dinner wakes•
•give me love•
•letting go•
•understand•
•remade•
•the bond•
•danger magnet•
•new hunter•
•selfish•
•pain of the past•
•truth•
•she loved, so she lost•
•the deal•
•save myself•

•1960•

4.3K 80 42
By everlovleyjewel

"ᴡᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏᴀᴅᴇᴅ ɢᴜɴ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀs ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ"

~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'ɴᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ'

It was morning and just and I was just about ready leave the house for the day. I was surprised because as I opened the door Isobel was standing on the other side.

"Hello Allison." She said and I squinted in confusion.

"Isobel, what are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to see her anywhere near this town.

"May I come in?" She asked and I just moved to the side, and invited her in.

"So what's up?" I asked taking a seat at the breakfast bar while she stood.

"I heard about your brother, and I wanted-" She said but I stopped her.

"Please." I said being completely over all of the sympathy.

"Right. You've always been so closed off with stuff like that." Isobel said with a sad nod.

"So why are you here?" I asked and she sighed.

"I just came here to see you, see how things have changed since the last time we spoke. You seem happy." She said and I shrugged.

"As happy as I can be with my life." I said honestly.

"I heard you're with Elena's little brother, that's nice." She said and I raised a brow.

"I compelled the dirty blonde quarterback." She said and I made a mental note, Matt really needs to be on vervain.

Checking her phone nervously Isobel looked away for a moment.

"I need you to do something for me. Take a step back, take a look at where you at right now. Everything's calm and quiet as it can be for Mystic Falls. Your life will never be like this again because once you cross paths with Klaus-" Isobel went to say but stopped herself. She knew a secret Klaus kept but she was compelled not to say.

"If I were you I'd get the hell out of this twisted town but I know you all to well my dear niece." She said placing a hand on my cheek, she genuinely looked sad.

"Goodbye Allison and good luck." She said and began walking away.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked walking after her.

"There's a storm coming, and there will be mass destruction and I won't be around to see it." She said as she reached the front door.

"Aunt Isobel." I said causing her to stop all movement. As she slowly turned around I hugged her. After she just walked out the door in silence.

About a half an hour later my phone rang, it was Ric.

"Al, I'm on my way to see Jenna. Isobel just showed up at Elena's and Jenna found out she's still alive." Alaric said into the phone.

"Oh..did you need me to meet you or.." I trailed off awkwardly into the phone.

"Did she come see you too Allison?" He asked and I stayed silent for a moment.

"Yeah but it wasn't anything bad..I think she was just saying goodbye." I said and he let out a frustrated sigh.

"Just uh don't stay home alone." He said sounding quite nervous.

"I'll be fine Ric, I'll see you at the dance." I said hanging up the phone and leaning against the door.

"Take a step back." I mumbled to myself.

"Klaus is coming and life will never be like this again." I said squeezing my eyes shut and sliding down the wall onto the floor.

"He's the hurricane."

Right now I was petrified but I was an Argent woman and I couldn't admit that to anyone so I picked myself up off the floor and grabbed my car keys. I drove over to the boarding house, I wanted to talk too Damon. He was the only one I felt comfortable expressing myself to besides Ric.

Without knocking I stormed into the house. "Damon! Are you home?" I yelled out but stopped short seeing Katherine standing in the parlor. I only knew it was her because of the curled hair, dark lip stick and push up bra.

"Oh and you must be the hunter. Katherine." She said smiling as she waved her hand.

"Damon!" I yelled walking past her and towards the stairs.

"Hey daggers, what's wrong?" He asked coming down the stairs redirecting me back towards Katherine.

"I came to talk but I see you have you hands full. When did you open the house to strays?" I asked glancing over at Katherine.

"Feisty, I like that." She said walking over biting the air seductively.

"Knock it off." He said looking at her and then back to me.

"Believe it or not she's here to help. We have a mutual enemy." Damon said attempting to chalk up what Katherine had claimed earlier when Stefan was home.

"You look so much like her you know, Marie Jeanne." Katherine said staring at all my facial features.

"Elijah Mikaelson has had many affairs in his life as a vampire but he's only loved two so far one being her." She let slip her lips causing Damon and I to look at her oddly.

"Why else do you think I snapped her pretty little neck? I needed them both to love me, just like you and Stefan." Katherine mused while Damon scoffed in annoyance.

"You did it yourself? Even with the hunters curse?" I asked and she laughed psychotically.

"When you know a good witch you can be protected from anything." She said with a smirk.

"And look where that got you. Running from the strongest man on the planet, what do you think he's gonna do to your pretty little face when he gets his hands on you?" I asked her and her face dropped slightly.

"He won't kill me, he'll let me go but continue to chase after me. A fate worst than death, always looking over my shoulder." She said and Damons eyes widened shocked with this interaction.

"I guess you can chalk it up to the doppelgänger curse." I said and she laughed shortly.

"Does your bloodline come with one?" She asked and I shrugged.

"We fight and we loose the ones we love but in no way are we selfish like yours." I said and Damon squinted a bit knowing Elena was included in that.

"What's so selfish about us?" She asked and I shook my head a bit.

"You fall for them both and you tear them apart." I said and it got me thinking..did that happen to Klaus and Elijah too?

Damon had walked away to answer his phone while Katherine and I stayed in each others company. I didn't mind her as much as before. Yeah she killed someone in my bloodline but we've all killed people.

"Isobel is you aunt?" Katherine asked looking me up and down.

"By mariage." I replied and she nodded.

"That makes me your very great aunt." She said with a chipper smile as Damon walked back into the room.

"Bonnie thinks the new kid is dead we need to her there." Damon said and I nodded.

"We can bring Jermey too." I said and he rolled his eyes before waving his hand at Katherine and walking out of the door.

"Later." I said following him leaving the doppelgänger at the house.

The four of us walked to the door of the Martin's apartment and waited for Damon's lead. He opens the door and notices he can step over the threshold.

"Yep. Everybody's dead." Damon said walking into the apartment as we followed behind. Luka's corpse is in the living room.

"We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe." Bonnie said while Damon and I stood over Luka's corpse.

"You know, we could just get another match and cremate him." Damon said and I held back a laugh.

"Don't be disrespectful. Not to him." Bonnie said and I knew Damon had very widely rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I'll bury him." Damon agreed.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jermey asked as I glanced around the apartment.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently." Bonnie said taking grimoires from the shelf.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close." Damon said and I looked over at her. Neither did I, I guess we really were pulling apart.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message. If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it." Bonnie said and Damon sighed sarcastically.

"Great. We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead-witch power." He said.

"You know where the witches were burned?" I asked him as everyone turned towards him.

"Did I forget to mention that?" He said pursing his lips with a smirk.

"Are we gonna have to read through every one of these books till we find the right spell?" Jermey asked looking up from the book in his hands.

" Not exactly." Bonnie said as she looks at the shelf, closes her eyes and raises her hands. All of the books fall and one of them opens right in front of her. She takes it.

" It's this one." Bonnie said while Jermey looked at her in amazement, I forgot he hasn't really been around this stuff.

"Great. Grab the rest. Let's go." Damon said to Bonnie.

Damon checked his phone before looking towards me. "You and I have to get to the house." He said and I nodded.

"Can you two handle this?" Damon asked and the pair nodded.

Damon and I had went back to the boarding house and met Elena and Damon in the library to discuss the meeting Elena and Stefan had with Isobel.

"Do you really think Isobel's telling the truth that words gotten out about the doppelgänger?" Elena asked and I sighed as I sipped the glass of burbon Damon had put in my hand.

"I don't want to worry you Elena but if it's gotten to Elijah, it's very much possible that others know too. Especially Klaus." I said and Stefan moved from the wall he was leaned against over to Elena.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning, especially one from All." Stefan said to her and I nodded. I didn't know much about Klaus but I did know the fear I heard in both Isobel and Louis' voices.

"You know, you should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you." Damon said and I held back a sarcastic comment. I mean of course he'd panther here.

"You idiot any vampire can get in here she'll be safer at my house." I said but then stopped remembering Isobel was invited in.

"So we'll stay there." Damon said and I rolled my eyes.

"So is that the plan? None of you will let me out of your sight again?" Elena asked making a good point but this wasn't the time for this, this was about keeping her safe.

"Let me know when you come up with a better one." Damon said I chuckled a bit.

"Fine. Then one of you three bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon." Elena said and I immediately backed out by shaking my head no.

"That'd be me." Stefan said no so surprisingly.

"Not us. We have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie." Damon said and I hopped off my seat on the desk.

"Does that mean that you're taking her to the-" Elena went to say but Damon held a finger to his lips and shushed her just as Katherine walked in.

"Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell." Katherine said and none of us said anything.

"Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust." Damon said while Elena smiled at Katherine.

"Come on Daggers." Damon said and I followed him out of the house and when we got onto the porch he stopped.

"You know it's going to take forever to walk in the woods." Damon said and on cue I rolled my eyes.

"Watch your hands." I said and he smirked as he picked me up bridal style and sped into the woods.

When we reached where Bonnie and Jermey where walking Damon put me down and I walked beside Jermey grabbing his hand.

" Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" He asked, smiling over at me.

"Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned." Damon said.

"How do you know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie asked him as we kept walking.

" 'Cause I tried to save her. Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." He said and Jermey and I both laughed. We stopped in front of an abandoned and run-down house where the witches used to live.

We walked into the house and as we began to walk around suddenly Damon is unable to move.

"Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't. It's not funny." Damon said and I laughed.

" I'm not doing anything." Bonnie swears as Damon looks around confused.

"Oh this is great." I said assuming it was the hundred dead witches screwing with him. I guess my comment didn't help because just as it left my lips his skin began burning.

"Do something." I said looking at Bonnie who began concentrating. He began to move again.

"They don't like you being here." Bonnie said and I gave Damon a face full of laughter.

"Yeah I got that. I'll be outside." He said and quickly retreated from the house.

"You guys don't have to stay for this." Bonnie said and I looked over to Jermey who just shrugged.

"It's witch stuff." Bonnie said with a small smile.

"We'll get out of your hair then Bon." Jermey said and I nodded retreating from the house with him.

I was woken up pretty late by a knock at my front door. Jermey was fast asleep beside me and my father was god knows where. I carefully got out of bed and went downstairs to find Bonnie at my door.

"It's all done." She said and I smiled and nodded as I let her into the house. We walked into the kitchen to talk.

"How do you feel?" I asked her and she closed her eyes before flicking every light on in my eyes. I looked out the window to see the same thing happening to everyone on my street.

"That's a lot of power Bonnie." I said and she shook her head.

"I know." She said with something in her voice indescribable all I know was it scared me a bit.

The next morning Jermey and I woke up late we didn't make it to school on time. We weren't that late but I felt bad coming into Alaric's class late so I didn't go at all. Instead I dropped Jermey off and went home to find an outfit for the dance tonight.

When I finally found something to wear it was around twelve and I knew it was Alaric's lunch break so I grabbed a burger from the grill to go and headed to the school. Just as I assumed he was in his classroom so without knocking I walked in.

"Hey uncle Ric. You hungry?" I asked dropping the bag on his desk as I sat onto of the desk facing his.

"Allison what a surprise." He said and I smiled and looked past his using of my full name. It felt weird coming from him but didn't trigger any response.

"Sorry about missing class. Jermey slept over and I forgot to set an alarm." I said and his eyes widened.

"You and Jermey Gilbert? Really?" He asked and I laughed.

"Funny Ric." I said assuming he was pretending to be shocked.

"Where's your father? I'm sure Chris wouldn't like his daughter alone with a boy." He said and I shrugged.

"Out of town I assume. We still aren't really talking." I said unknowingly giving this man all the information he needed.

"Will you be at the dance tonight?" Ric asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I-" I went to go say but stopped as my phone was ringing. It was Damon.

As soon as I picked up he was screaming in my ear. "Where the hell are you! Stefan said you weren't in school and I'm at your house now." He said and I rolled my eyes as Alaric squinted questionably.

"I woke up late so I didn't go and I'm with Ric for lunch." I said and he groaned.

"You can't just go MIA when we have a psychotic original out there." Damon said and I chuckled slightly.

"I can take care of myself you on the other hand need a babysiter." I said while Alaric oddly looked at me. What was so odd, Damon and I always joked like this?

"If my babysitter looked anything like you-" He went to say but I cut him off laughing.

"In your dreams Salvatore." I said before ending the call just as the bell for next period to begin.

"I'll see you at the dance uncle Ric." I said with a smile before leaving the man with many questions. Like for starters, how the hell did she get so close to a vampire? He hadn't seen anything like this since her frusteratedly Marie Jeanne.

I was using one of the many guest rooms of the boarding house to get ready while everyone was downstairs discussing the plan. I didn't need to hear it for the millionth time but there was a new addition. Bonnie had to die to trick Klaus, of course she wasn't really going to be dead but that was Damon and I's secret.

I didn't want any part of going against Klaus or his family but it also wouldn't be very Argent of me to back out.

When I was done getting ready I went downstairs to see Damon promptly rolling his eyes at Elena and Stefan as they kissed.

"Don't worry D, you can drive Jer and I do the dance." I said and he scoffed.

"Lucky me." He said sarcastically before grabbing his keys.

The dance as usual was set up very nicely. Jeremy had went to go check up on Bonnie and instead of nervously pacing around I went to go find Ric. We began discussing Klaus.

"What do you think he looks like?" I asked Alaric as we both stared out the the crowd of dancing teens, Alaric smirked creepily but went ignored.

"That's a good question." He said and I turned quickly to face him.

"He could be anyone..young or old, short or tall. He could probably speak any language. He could've been here the entire time just waiting for the right time to strike." I rambled quickly, causing Alaric's eyes to widen.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked, his all of a sudden accent went unnoticed, my head already being jumbled.

"It's nothing." I said and he gave me a look causing a sigh to leave my lips.

"Okay it's about Isobel and what she said earlier, she thinks I won't be safe when Klaus comes and she wanted to say why but it was like she couldn't and I don't know I guess I'm just worried." I rambled and Alaric sighed.

"Klaus is not here for you, he's here for Elena and as nice of a girl she is your life is not worth hers." He said and I hummed gently.

"If not Klaus, then what about Elijah? He told me he used to love someone who looks exactly like me. What if one day he snaps and then snaps my neck?" I asked letting out a heavy breath.

"Elijah is a good man, he's good on his word and if anything the love he once had for Marie Jeanne will be the reason he keeps you alive." Alaric said and I nodded lightly.

"Thanks Ric, for you know everything. It's nice having someone to talk too, my FHA's. So thank you." I said as his eyes followed Jermey on the other side of the gym.

"Where's Jermey going?" He asked and my head followed his eyes towards the door.

Without another word I took off towards the door to find him but first stopping by my secret locker where I grabbed my bow. When I finally caught up he was surround my three threatening guys.

"Do it and that'll be the last time you use that hand." I said causing the three boys to look my way and Jermey's eyes to widen.

"Look who had to save your ass Gilbert, your little girlfriend." One of the boys taunted him.

"That's it." Jermey said going to charge at him.

"Jer don't it's a distraction." I said but he didn't listen.

Two of the boys grabbed him by the arms while the one with the loud mouth punched him straight in the face.

I used my bow and baseball swung it hitting the boy in the head, knocking him unconscious.

Jermey was now able to pull away from the two boys and punched one in the face knocking him out.

The other one just didn't falter as he charged towards Jermey.

Jermey quickly moved out of the way while I swung hitting him.

"Go find Stefan." I said going to walk around him but he stopped me.

"Al-" He went to say but I stopped him.

"Stefan. I gotta find Elena." I said pushing past him and running down the hall.

I turned the corner heading towards the cafeteria when I practically ran into Ric.

"Uncle Ric-Elena thank god I just told Jermey to go find Stefan." I said and Elena squinted accusingly to Alaric.

"You said Jermey was in danger you-" She stopped as the creepy smirk on his face glistened.

"This isn't Ric." I said retracting an arrow and aiming it at him.

"Klaus." Elena said fearfully.

"Elena get out of here, go find Stefan." I said taking a threatening step closer to Klaus.

"I'm not here to fight you, love." He said with a smirk that sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm looking for a certain Bennett witch." He said and Bonnie stood in the door way of the cafeteria.

"Bonnie no!" Elena shouted as Klaus smirked and walked towards her.

"Run Bonnie! Get away from him." I yelled but she stayed put.

"I'm sorry." She said as Klaus stepped into the cafeteria and the doors slammed shut behind him.

Soon Damon, Stefan, and Jermey came. The two vampires fought with the doors.

"She's going to kill Ric." I said attempting to fight with the doors as-well.

"Bonnie knows what she's doing." Damon said and I just frusteratedly hit the door.

"We didn't plan for this!" I yelled as Bonnie's body hit the floor. Alaric or better known as Klaus had left before the doors flung open.

Elena was the first one to reach Bonnie. "Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena yelled as tears streamed her face.

"Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please! Stefan, please! Just give her blood, do something, please!" Elena yelled as Stefan slowly looked up at her.

"Damon?" I whispered over to him but he shook his head. It wasn't safe yet.

"Stefan, get Elena out of here. we'll deal with the body." Damon said placing a hand on his brothers shoulder.

"What do you mean, deal with it?" Elena yelled grief stricken.

"The sheriff can't know about this. Last thing we need's another mysterious death." Damon defended.

"This is Bonnie!" Elena yelled as Damon just looked away and moved towards the body.

"Get her home. So we can clean this up. Take Jermey with you." I said and Stefan ushered Elena out while Jermey stared at the scene with tears.

"I'm going to stay and help." He said and I smiled softly at his attempt to be strong. Damon had no argument so Stefan left with Elena.

In the car it was like twenty questions with Jermey starting with what the hell is going on. When we were finally at the only which house we told him. Bonnie was alive.

He had even offered to stay and help her set up the FaceTime call with Elena so I could go get some rest. He really is such a great guy.

Damon drove back to the boarding house and as soon was we walked through the door Elena immediately yelled at Damon. It even got so far that she slapped him.

"Elena! Listen to me Bonnie had to die. Klaus using Alaric's body was a total surprise. She wasn't prepared for that. And he wasn't going to stop, and we weren't going to be able to stop him until he knew she was dead. He had to believe it. She cast a spell. Bonnie's okay." I said looking deeply into Elena's sad eyes.

Damon walked alway as Stefan followed after him. I went upstairs to gather my clothes from before the dance.

I heard someone coming up the stairs, it was Damon. He saw me folding my dress from the dance and stopped at the door.

"You can stay if you want. No one uses the room and since Chris is MIA and Alaric is unavailable at the moment. It's fine by Stef and I." He said with a light smile before walking towards his room.

I took him up on that offer. He knew I hated being in that house all alone. It held too many memories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 1.2K 7
ᵃᵘᵗᵒᵖʰᵒᵇⁱᵃ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵉᵃʳ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵉⁱⁿᵍ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ
988K 24.1K 55
𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭...
22K 885 15
𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧...