I Choose You | ✓

By darlingkarlee

❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to... More

Introduction
Cast
Trailer
Chapter 1: Saturday Night's Party
Chapter 2: The Dare That Changed It All
Chapter 3: First Day of Senior Year
Chapter 4: "You guys are meant to be. It's fate!"
Chapter 5: "Frozen like a deer caught in the headlights."
Chapter 6: "What is this girl doing to me?"
Chapter 7: Cafeteria Mishaps
Chapter 8: The Search
Chapter 9: Spilled Secrets
Chapter 10: "You don't have to hide, Shortcake."
Chapter 11: "You'll have to catch me first."
Chapter 12: "I'm not interested."
Chapter 13: The Text
Chapter 14: Forgiveness
Chapter 15: Sparks Are Flying High
Chapter 16: "It was magical!"
Chapter 17: "Admit it!"
Chapter 18: "That was cheeky."
Chapter 19: Road Trip
Chapter 20: Out in the Wilderness
Chapter 21: Vitamin Sea
Chapter 22: "Always full of suprises."
Chapter 23: "I'm not a miracle worker."
Chapter 24: "Shattered into millions of pieces."
Chapter 25: It's Not What You Think
Chapter 26: Disaster Strikes Again
Chapter 27: The Morning After
Chapter 28: "Unbelievable."
Chapter 29: "Lost her."
Chapter 30: "Don't you dare say that, Sophie."
Chapter 31: The Boy Who Made Me Believe
Chapter 32: Further Complications
Chapter 33: Goodbye For Now
Chapter 34: "Daltophie?"
Chapter 35: "Bon Appétit."
Chapter 36: "Back To You."
Chapter 37: The Ways of the Universe
Chapter 38: Caught in a Dilemma
Chapter 39: Sorting Things Out
Chapter 40: "It's almost time!"
Chapter 42: "Something special."
Chapter 43: Tricks Up Her Sleeve
Chapter 44: Eye Of The Storm
Chapter 45: Third Time's Not A Charm
Chapter 46: "Don't call me that."
Chapter 47: "Hours of moping."
Chapter 48: "Help me."
Chapter 49: Wise Words
Chapter 50: Eight Letters, Three Words
Epilogue
Afterword + Other

Chapter 41: "Says you."

13.5K 376 48
By darlingkarlee

Flashback

S O P H I E   W I L K I N S

That same day the New Year's Eve ball dropped, school began shortly a couple of hours later. I dreaded going back to that wretched place, but seeing Andrew's face throughout the day made it worth it. I'm sure people knew there was something going on between Andrew and me, but I didn't know when or if Andrew wanted to make our relationship known.

But when I arrived at school that morning, he sure made it clear that I was his when Bree pulled into the parking lot and pointed towards me yelling, "Hey everyone, that's my girlfriend!" with a wide smile on his lips. Andrew certainly earned a lot of stares and I as well earned many scowls from the girls watching.

He ran towards me with full speed and swept me off the ground, twirling me around in his arms. I squealed and he gently pushed me against Bree's car when he returned me to my feet. Peppering tiny kisses on my face, he held onto my waist tightly as I giggled, holding onto his biceps.

"God, it's only been a couple hours since I last saw you, but I've missed you so much." His lips smacked against mine and his body crushed mines further against Bree's car.

"This is cute and all, but can you tone down the PDA? I can feel my breakfast resurfacing," Bree mocked, faking a gag. Then, Bryan came over and gave her a long, deep kiss.

"Says you," I muttered under my breath.

As we strolled throughout the hallways, many girls continued to whisper and glare at me as Andrew's arm slung around my shoulder. When we passed Aria, she leered at me and I winked back at her, insinuating more anger within her. I chuckled as I heard her stomp off in the opposite direction.

Present (Four Months Later)

"Hello, my drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend," Andrew said with a kiss on the forehead, slipping his hand on the small of my back. Tingles sparked throughout my body at hearing his deep, soothing voice.

"Hello my beautiful god-like sculpted boyfriend," I reply with a chuckle. I tilt my head back to meet his dark chocolate eyes and think, Wow, how did I manage to snatch a guy like him?

There were still a few girls that glare discreetly in my direction when I pass through the halls; but eventually, most of the female population at our school had glumly accepted our relationship. Of course, Aria still hasn't accepted the fact also.

The other day, she tried to pull her little stunt by sticking out her foot discreetly while I passed through the hallway with Bree. But I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and leaped over it. "Not today, bitch!" I shouted as I walked away, earning a few snickers around me.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Andrew asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, nothing. Just...stuff."

Andrew gives me an incredulous look but decides to take my lie.

As we stroll through the corridor, heading to our next class, various posters advertising about prom are plastered across almost every seen surface of the school. Banners hanging down from the ceiling, large ads covering up almost all of the free wall space; even some are posted in the bathrooms and the floors of the different halls.

I sigh internally as the posters bring a slight rain on my parade. Prom was a week away, and Andrew still hadn't asked me yet. I began to speculate that he didn't really care for that type of thing, but I remembered that he went to winter banquet. Could he really only handle one dance?

I really wanted to go to this year's prom, especially because it was our senior prom and I would be able to go with my boyfriend, unlike winter formal.

"Hey, what's with the sudden frown?" Andrew's expression suddenly turns into a worried one as he pushes my face up to make me look at him. A rogue strand of hair flops onto his forehead and I brush it away as I give him a tender smile. My fingers slowly trace down his temple and cheek. He gently grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles a few times.

"Just thinking about our History test coming up in a few days," I lied, giving him a soft smile. He removes his arm from my shoulders and steps in front of me, causing us to pause in the middle of the overcrowded hallway.

"Turn that frown upside down," he said, pushing up the corners of my mouth. I pout at him playfully and he leans down and plants a kiss on my lips. My mouth curves up into a smile and he removes his hands.

"There, that's better," he smiles.

"Oh yeah, I'll be a little late after school."

"Why?" He asks, puzzled.

"Well, Bryan secretly asked me to help him with his promposal to Bree. He's gonna do it after school in the middle of the field in a giant T-Rex costume since the prom's theme is Hollywood." I discreetly put an emphasis on the word prom, but Andrew, unfortunately, didn't seem to catch it.

"Okay, cool," he states causally. The bell rings just as we enter the class and class immediately begins.

***********

Is everything ready?

Yup, you can bring Bree

I shove my phone into my back pocket and turn around to grip onto Bree's shoulders.

"Hey Bree, I got you a gift. I couldn't bring it inside though because it can't fit in here, so I left it in the parking lot," I grin. Bree gives me a puzzled look.

"Is it a new car?" She asks eagerly and I shrug my shoulders. "Just wondering, but why are you giving me a gift? My birthday isn't coming up until a few months later, and there's no holiday coming up."

"Can't I just give my best friend a gift just because?"

"If this is a new tradition that we're starting, don't expect much from me. My ass is broke af," she jests. I chuckle at her words and cover her eyes.

"Come on, I don't want to spoil it for you!"

After a few bumps against various doors here and there, we finally managed to make it put to the field. When we passed through the halls, people picked up on what was happening, and slowly followed us, cameras pointed at Bree and me.

A cool spring breeze brushes against the front of our bodies and the smell of grass clippings become more prominent. Up ahead, a boy standing in a giant, inflatable T-Rex costume waits in the center of the field with a giant blank sign, waiting to reveal the message behind it. I place her a few meters away from Bryan.

"I'm gonna remove my hands but don't open your eyes yet," I instruct. I slowly slip my hands away and pull out my phone. I stand to the side of her with my back facing Bryan as I hit record.

"Okay, now you can open them." A wide grin spreads across my face and her eyes immediately land on me. She chuckles and strolls towards me. My brows crease together in confusion as I don't get the reaction I had hoped for.

She grips tightly onto my shoulder and spins me around, pushing me forward in the process. My body jerks forward and I almost face plant.

The boy in the T-Rex costume flips the sign around and it says:

I'll be there for you at P.R.O.M.
Will you be there for me too?

I slowly lower the phone as I watch the costume deflate. I should've known.

Instead, Andrew popped out of the T-Rex costume and ran a hand through his hair. He started to sing along with the sign using the Friends jingle and I chuckled at his efforts.

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He quickly moved the sign out of my way and returned the embrace.

"So, is that a yes?" He chuckles. I bury my face into the crook of his neck and nod as I feel the vibrations from his throat.

I return back to my normal height and then, loud cheers erupt around us, someone setting off a confetti cannon in the midst. I laugh with glee as I hold my hands out and catch some of the colorful confetti.

I turn and look up at Andrew, only to find him already staring at me. He leans down and brushes his lip against mine.

Then, Bree comes up to us and I glare at her playfully, "I cannot believe I fell for it again."

"What did I tell you, Soph? My acting skills are impeccable." She fills her hair modestly and chuckles.

I let the moment sink in and a feeling of jubilation overwhelms me.

_______________________________

Hey! Thanks to Pinterest once again for the sign idea!

Don't forget to VOTE and comment if you liked this chapter and thank you again for the umpteenth time from the bottom of my heart! ❤️❤️

Buckle up, the Aria drama train is about to take off soon!!

See you in the next chapter! ~Karlee 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
2.8K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...
856 154 29
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...