Into The Woods (mxm)

By LunaMoon1947

This is the old version of Into The Woods. The ENTIRE book will be redone soon as it is much needed. The new... More

Prologue
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
New Cover Pics (no longer valid)
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Options
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
A/N (please read)
Another A/N
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Epilogue
Among The Darkness
New Book

Two

9.3K 491 24
By LunaMoon1947

Ansel

I watch from the bottom of the palace stairs outside as many people filter into the palace's Throne Room. The sky is a deep blue with a smidge of orangey yellows still present from the receding sun. A crescent moon begins to show in the sky.

Men in fancy suits are accompanied by women in elegant dresses. Many children dance into the room as well, giggling with friends and family.

          The throne is connected to the ballroom. They are both made to fit the entire kingdom so they could all witness the next royal member's crowning.

           I have my face and body covered by a green cloth so no one will know from my attire that I am the prince. Not one single commoner outside of the palace knows what I look like. Portraits of me are only made public when I come of age, which is tonight.

          When everyone is seated I will walk through the Grand doors and approach the three thrones. Father will present me with my crown. After, we will dance the night away.

          Then I sneak off to stay safe during a possible attack my uncle's pack was making threats saying that if we didn't give back what was theirs they would take it by force. Whatever that was. Women and children will be put in a giant safe zone. I will be isolated for my safety.

Darius, a warrior wolf, walks up to me. He was tasked to make sure that no townspeople missed the ceremony.

Darius is a very close companion of mine. He was tasked with keeping an eye on me. A personal guard. I prayed to the Moon Goddess every night. Hoping that Darius would be my mate. But Darius had found his mate earlier this year. I was happy for him but the slightest bit disappointed that we were not mates.

"It is time Your Highness." Darius grins, holding out his hand for me to take. I grasp his hand tightly as we make our way to the entrance. Darius hurries through the side entrance. I knew he would be stationed on the far end of the throne room, and I feel a little less nervous knowing that he is there for me.

I ditch the stuffy clothes and take a deep breath of the cool air. I am dressed in a royal blue outfit. Blue was chosen to be my color. One that I would be seen in most of the events I will attend.

           Just as Father's color was red and Mother's is purple. It was a tradition to wear the same color jewels as the past king's color.

            I step forward, confidently pushing the doors open. The throne room's walls are gold decorated in red curtains. Crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling. The three thrones are placed at the top of a set of five steps. Red cloth coming down the aisle and up the stairs to Father's throne. His throne was gold with a softly cushioned seating. Mothers' seating was a deep purple color. Mine was a royal blue.

Mother smiles at me from her seat. She wears a royal blue ball gown to represent me. Her silver crown with purple gemstones gleams atop her head. Her black hair in an elegant updo. Jewels adorn her ears, and around her throat and wrists. Her brown eyes meet mine. She gives me a gentle encouraging smile. I smile back.

Everyone turns in their pews to get the first look of their prince. They all take in my scent to memorize me and to recognize that I was their prince. I begin striding down the aisle, walking as Father does. Head up. Shoulders back. Making what I hope is a serious face. The crowd begins to erupt into cheers, smiling at me. I feel my cheeks heat up.

         I reach the end of the aisle pausing at the foot of the steps. Everyone is hushed as Father steps down to where I am. I gracefully sink to my knees and bow my head just like I had practiced doing earlier.

Father holds a new crown on a blue pillow with golden tassels hanging from its edges. One made especially for me. This one was gold with shimmering blue jewels on the tips of the crown and around its middle. Small designs are carved into the crown. This was my first time seeing my crown. Father said it had taken months to plan and make my crown. I would have to make sure to thank the royal staff before I leave later tonight.

"Do you," Father begins. "Ansel Blackbourn, promise to take the role of the crowned prince. Therefore carrying out your duties and putting the needs of your pack, your people, before yours? To vow to stay loyal to your kingdom and later take on the role of an Alpha King once you should find your mate?"

I take a deep breath, raising my eyes to Father's.

"I do." I finally say. Father smiles before signaling me to stand up.

"My people. My wonderful people. I present to you," Father says raising the crown above my head. He then gently placed it upon my head. We both turn to the crowd. "My son, Prince Ansel."
The whole pack kneel and bow their heads in respect. One person begins to clap and soon all the rest join in. I can't even hear myself think over their loud cheering. I make sure to smile wide and not look too uncomfortable. I've never been around this many people before.

I look around until I find Darius. He gives me the thumbs up and grins. He mouths congrats to me. I was about to start making my way into the ballroom when I hear the splintering of wood. Crashing sounds can be heard from the entrance. The room fills with fear.

"They are attacking!" A woman screams, holding a small baby close to her. She doesn't need to clarify who is attacking. We already know that it was my uncle's pack. But we didn't expect them to attack tonight. My face pales as I stumble backward. My father catches me, then roughly pushes me behind him.

My crown falls off of my head, tumbling across the floor. Disappearing underneath a table. There is a cloth that goes down to the floor covering the table so I have no idea if the crown kept rolling or had stopped. But now is not the time to be thinking about this.

Warrior wolves move to the front as people run about in absolute panic. Mother grabs me and cradles me to her chest.

"I love you, my sweet sweet boy. Always remember that."

Father leans down to me and kisses my cheek. He places his crown atop my head. The red rubies glinting in the light as he passes it over to me. I gasp.

"Keep it safe for me." Father gently strokes my cheek. Only Father could stay this calm amongst the chaos. "We will see each other again. A couple of warriors are going to take you to the safe house. Your mother and I will stay here and protect our territory. We will meet you at the sage house when the battle is over. I love you, Ansel."

I sob, burying my face into Father's strong, warm chest. I hug my parents tightly before a warrior pulls me away from them.

"Come, Your Highness. We have to hurry." The warrior tugs me away from the throne room and up the main stairs, which are dangerously close to the entrance. We are almost up the stairs when the doors to the palace burst open. I scream as wolves begin to flood into the palace.

            I drop to the ground as an intoxicating smell fills my senses. The warrior tugs on my arm telling me to get up. I don't listen.

I can't...

He reaches down to pick me up. I breathe in deeply, smelling the scent of rose. My favorite smell is the rose water I use on my skin when I bathe. The smell is far away but it gets stronger every second.

          I am knocked back into reality when a couple of wolves break off and stampede up the stairs. The warrior pulls me up and into his arms. He takes off down a hallway turning left towards a staircase.

No! He took the wrong turn!

        The right hallway leads to the maids' quarters where we could easily escape unseen. This turn leads up to one of the towers. We would be stuck up there.

            "No! We are supposed to go the other way!" I cry out, struggling to get out of his tight grip. The warrior swears under his breath.

            "It's too late to turn back now Your Highness. I am sorry. But I have yet to fail. I will protect you even if it means my death."

            We reach the top of the winding stone stairs and come to a single door. The warrior rushes into the room slamming the door behind us. Be begins to push anything in sight in front of the door. A heavy bookcase. A desk. A chair.

              We both know it won't keep them out forever. But it will give us some time to think of a way out.
               I run to the window pulling on its handle. The window's hinges squeak, but it refuses to open. I cry out in frustration, picking up a candelabra on a nearby table. I begin to smash at the glass, willing it to break. The warrior begins to help me by punching the glass. As it begins to crack, the door breaks behind us. Pieces of wood flying to the floor. Wolves begin to push back objects to get to us.

             The warrior manages to break the glass enough for me to fit through.

"Go," he says to me, pushing me towards the opening. "I'll try to hold them off to the best of my ability. Be careful and climb to the watchtowers. Then escape down the ladder. Go now!"

            "Thank you." I whimper as the wolves get past the last of the objects. I climb through the window, slicing my arm open from shoulder to elbow. I begin to cry. I blink away my tears. I need to be able to see to climb.

            Just as I am about to take another step forward, I am harshly yanked back through the glass. More glass shards rain down onto the floor. I spot the warrior in the corner of the room. He appears to be breathing. Just unconscious. I let out a small whine as I look up at my captor. He is naked, with only a mask covering his face. I tremble as he places me in a circle of wolves. He steps back to pull some pants on. The others shift and do the same.

             I begin to scoot back. But the man you yanked me through the window growls deep and threatening.

             "Don't you move another fucking inch. Do you hear me!" He snarls.

I choke on a sob and curl into the fetal position. My knees touching my chin as I cry softly. This day could not get any worse.

              The man walks over to me past the other men. He grabs onto me and pulls me up. He grips the front of my shirt pulling me up off the floor. He winds back his fist. I flinch as it flies towards my face. Pain explodes behind my eyes in a flash of red before the world fades to black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 22.8K 20
Copyright © 2014 by CozyBXBLover. All rights reserved. {__BoyxBoy__} { W A R N I N G: This story is gonna contain adult...
115K 4.8K 21
Book is very unedited! Torrence the soon to be alpha of the Eastern Sen Pack, finds his mate and future Luna of the pack. A tall blonde haired omega...
333K 8.7K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...
23.8K 1.6K 23
Book 4 of Into The Woods Series *Can be a stand-alone* Zaire had never known true love until he brought his children into the world. Most of his lif...