Waiting For My Mate

By Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 16

9.7K 248 12
By Veikari

Freed was sitting on the couch looking at lacrimavision, but couldn't really focus on the show. He was merely just staring ahead but did not see anything. It was already long past dinnertime and he had done some stew yet he couldn't even think about eating.

He was too worried about Laxus. He had no idea where the man had gone or if he might even come back.

The lacrimavision was turn off and Freed got on his feet. He was hoping that Laxus would come back home in two or three hours but it was starting to seem like that was not going to happen. What happened was such a shock for both of them Freed wasn't even surprised Laxus did not come back. He should've guessed this would happen.

The Rune Mage went to take his faithful old red coat and his sword. He had to do something. He couldn't just sit here comfortably while Laxus was somewhere out there probably hating himself because of what he almost did.

Freed had to make sure the Lightning Mage understood that he was not angry or scared of him. It definitely was a scary moment but he had encountered many scary situations before. Besides, he knew Laxus would've never done anything like that if his instincts weren't disrupting his mind.

Freed stepped out of the house and locked the door. Maybe he should start his searching from the guild. Who knows, Laxus might have said something to Makarov or maybe the old man knew some place where Laxus might go when he was freaking out. He could already guess Laxus most certainly wouldn't go to places Freed already knew since those were the places where Freed would search him first.

The Fairy Tail guild house was loud as usual when Freed opened the door and stepped inside. He greeted some of his guild mates on his way to their usual table on the second floor.

"Ever", he said when he saw the brunette.

"Freed", Evergreen said surprised. "What are you doing here? I was sure we wouldn't see you or Laxus for at least a week", she smirked mischievously.

"Not that it's any of your business but well, we are taking things slowly", Freed lied. He couldn't tell Evergreen what happened. She would only get furious and wouldn't listen to anything what he had to say for Laxus' defense.

"Really? That's surprising", Evergreen hummed and looked somewhat suspicious. "And why isn't Laxus with you? The way he was acting before I thought he would follow you everywhere and guard you like the most precious treasure", she giggled.

"Nothing is wrong, Ever", Freed assured and tried to smile convincing. He was well aware that lying was not something that he could do well.

Evergreen just stared at him saying nothing.

"Is Master here?" Freed asked trying to sound casual. "I have something I want to talk with him."

"He's in his office", Evergreen said. "Do you need me to come with you?" she suggested.

Freed knew it very well that even if she seemed self-centered and straightforwardly bitch sometimes to the others, Evergreen was actually the one who was most protective of them all when she feared something was wrong with her teammates.

"No Ever, I'm fine", Freed assured. "I will see you again later", he smiled and stepped in the hallway where Master's office was located in.

He stopped in front of the door and knocked.

"Come in", Makarov said and Freed opened the door.

"Good evening, Master Makarov", the Rune Mage greeted closing the door.

"Hello, Freed", Makarov smiled and put away some papers he was going through. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thank you. I was wondering if I could bother you for a while?"

"You should have at least brought me some beer then", the old man laughed.

"I will be right back", Freed nodded and he almost grabbed the door handle when Makarov stopped him:

"Just get back here, brat!"

"But -"

"I was just joking", Makarov sighed crossing his arms. "Always so formal. We're family, you should just do like the others and barge right in or it feels like you've come to meet someone stranger. We are not strangers, we are family. And as my grandson's mate, you of all people should not be afraid to approach me if there is something wrong."

"I'm really honored of your kind words, Master", Freed smiled.

He had not even thought yet how Makarov was dealing with this whole thing, his only grandson dating a man so it was really soothing to hear he was not against it. If Freed and Laxus would ever get married, he would actually be part of the Dreyar family.

"So, is something wrong with Laxus?" the old man asked and Freed jolted. "He came here a couple of hours ago and he was going to take a mission that would last a month and was pretty far away. Were you two planning on something?"

"Did he take that mission?" Freed asked quickly and now he was worried.

"No. I had a feeling that something was wrong and I told him it was not a good idea and did not give him a permission to take that job", Makarov answered and the swordsman sighed relieved. Thank god!

"Is he still here?" he asked.

"No, he left almost immediately. I got a little bit worried because he didn't even argue one bit, he just simply left. So something is wrong? He looked so disoriented and even scared of something. It has been a long time since I've seen him acting like that."

"Something did happen", Freed admitted. "But it was nothing we can't solve."

"Tell me what happened, Freed", Makarov told and he sat down on his desk as Freed sat on a chair.

He started from when they left the guild house with Laxus. How Laxus was acting and what he had noticed in his behavior. And how in the morning he met Levy and Lucy, then they went to separate Laxus, Natsu and Gajeel. Freed was little bit worried what Master would say when he heard about the destruction, but the old man just told him to continue.

It was not easy to tell Makarov what happened. He hoped that Makarov wouldn't get angry at his grandson.

"And I haven't heard of him or seen him since then", Freed ended his story. "I need to find him and tell him that everything is okay. He was angry and jealous so his dragon side took over. This is new to him so he doesn't yet know how to handle these kind of situations or how to control his dragon side fully."

"You're surprisingly calm with all what happened", Makarov noted, maybe just a little bit worried how calm Freed actually was.

"I'm not that easy to scare off", Freed chuckled. "Not when we are talking about Laxus. Yes, things could have easily turn worse but that did not happen and even if something had happened I still wouldn't hate him. But I knew he would hate himself for the rest of his life so I didn't let it happen. He probably wants to avoid me for a while, at least until the season is over but... He shouldn't feel bad about himself", Freed sighed. "What he did was wrong, but he did not do it on purpose. He did not decide to do it and if he would've never done it."

"I'm happy to see how much you trust Laxus", Makarov smiled. "Even after something like that."

"It was not his fault. But now I need to find him, so I was thinking maybe you knew some place where he might be. He wouldn't go to places I know."

"You're right", Makarov nodded. "He didn't go to a mission but that wont stop him from going where ever he wants. I know some places near Magnolia but nothing more."

"Could you point them out for me?" Freed asked. "I need to find him."

"I understand", Makarov said and jumped down from his desk.

The old man went to a cabinet and he pulled out a map, rolling it open on the desk.

"Somewhere here, here and here", he said tapping locations on the map. "They are places where he goes when he wants to be alone. I can't guarantee that he'll be in any of these places but at least it's better than just flying around aimlessly."

"I see", Freed muttered. "Terrain around those places is hard to travel so not many people even try to enter there."

"With your wings you shouldn't have any problems getting there", Makarov said. "But he might flee in the moment he realizes you found him."

"That is true... I should erase my scent with my runes again so he can't smell me before I find him. If possible, I should trap him in the area so he has no other choice but to hear me out."

"That is a good idea."

"Please, don't tell about this to anyone", Freed said when looking at the old man. "Especially Bickslow and Evergreen. I'm not sure how they might react and I don't want them to worry."

"If you're sure", Makarov promised.

"I'll start searching right now", Freed said making a copy of the map and he marked the places.

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this alone?" Makarov asked opening glass doors to the balcony.

"Yes", Freed nodded and purple wings appeared on his back. "I know Laxus is ashamed of himself right now and I can guess he is hating himself deeply so I will not bring more shame on him by letting someone see him in that stage."

"Then I can't do nothing more than just wish you good luck", Makarov said. "I hope you'll find him but don't push yourself too much."

"Thank you, Master", Freed said with smile, nodded and he flew off from the Guild.

First place was in a mountain area. Freed wandered around and tried to spot something. But in the end he only saw some mountain animals. He circled the area at least four times before he finally landed. Laxus was not here so he should head to the next place. He took out the map, studied it and nodded.

Next area was just next to a river. It wasn't that hard place to reach but there were really nasty creatures around. Leeches, ticks, venomous spiders, snakes, mosquitoes, butterflies that could kill... No one wanted to go there voluntarily but with Laxus' electricity, he could keep those critters away.

Freed as well didn't want to land there. If he hated something it was beetles. No, hate was too mild, he absolutely loathed them. And here they were huge, as big as a fist, fast and some of them were venomous. Shivers ran down Freed's spine when he even thought those creepy crawlers.

He just circled around the area above the trees and fought off some big birds that tried to attack him. Laxus was not in here either.

Third area was an island far away from the mainland. Freed knew it looked like a perfect place where to sail for a day, but it was actually surrounded by treacherous reefs and the marine animals there were extremely aggressive. They would sink every boat that tried to approach.

This was the most promising place out of those three. The Rune Mage got closer to the water that splashed by his speed above it and he landed on the shore. This was his first time here but he had heard there were big animals living in this large old forest. Big and wickedly vicious. Perfect training ground for someone like Laxus who could be even more ruthless if he wanted.

Sun had already set when Freed finished drawing runes. He had surrounded the whole island with his runes so Laxus didn't have a chance to leave. It took a large amount of his magic but he had no choice.

Freed wheezed silently when his stomach let out a growl. He should have eaten something before he left... Tiny piece of cake in the morning was not enough to give him enough energy. And after all that flying around, using runes to hide his scent and now this huge trap... He really did hope that he wouldn't encounter too many animals here. He was not sure if he might have enough magic to fight them of.

But he was determined to find Laxus so he straightened his back and stepped into the forest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 52 11
(Y/n) (L/n) isn't new to Fairy Tail. She was away on a mission for a few years. Sadly, her job she went on failed. She wasn't able to complete her m...
2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?
233K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
13.2K 287 5
Laxus is a blonde Lightning Dragon Slayer and he's developed feelings for the captain of the Thunder Legion, his personal bodyguards, named Freed. Th...