Beautiful You (✔️)

By -pcyxoxo-

Highest ranks on Wattpad: #4 in Humor #4 in Romance #5 in badboy #1 in romcom Book I Meet Oliver Lee, who... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Seasons of the Year- New Book
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Important Announcement -Book 2
Chapter 80-The End
Updates about "Beautiful Us"

Chapter 7

22.6K 881 59
By -pcyxoxo-

Narrator

Liana lost hope of the job she was hoping for. It was Sunday morning, Liana was groaning. She hated today especially because there is family gathering where all her cousins are coming over. She did not like her cousins at all especially Melody

Melody, likes to show off and especially since she got promotion in her job and Liana knew that Melody was waiting for this gathering to boast about it.

She went over to her family home where her mom and aunts were already preparing food for the large family get together. She saw few of her younger cousins chatting and playing with their phone.

"Liana." Melody's mother came over. "How are you?" she asked.

"Great." Liana said with a fake smile.

"Melody said she will be a little late." her Aunt laughed

"Nice." Liana thought to herself.

"How about your job? You found one?" Before Liana could answer, her Aunt interrupted. "I am sure you heard how Melody got promotion in her job, that's why she will be late. She is busy even in the Weekends." her Aunt laughed and looked at Liana.

Liana faked smile. "How hard-working." she said.

"You know how Melody is, she was a great student, always getting A+ and one time when she got an A, she couldn't stop crying for days. She was the Class President also and-"

Liana felt like blocking her ears and rolling her eyes, but just then Melody's father came.

"Liana, how are you? You busy girl! So hard-working. I heard you are managing three jobs at once."

"So what? Melody's dad, even our Melody is very hard working." She laughed.

"Sure." her dad said. "You are growing well." he said smiling at her. "Your dad and I are planning to go to Europe for some days." He said.

"That's great! Where is he? I haven't seen him yet."

"He is in the kitchen.... making his famous lasagna ." her Uncle laughed.

"Thank you, see you later." she greeted her Uncle and Aunt and freed from there as soon as possible.

Liana's Dad owned a Restaurant in the city. He is a great chef and is very passionate about cooking. Her dad used to work in an office and loved cooking during weekends and off. Liana and her sister motivated his dad to quit the job and start a Restaurant on his own. It was a very difficult decision for the family that time, but soon they were able to rent a store and start a business and eventually they bought the Restaurant after it turned out to be successful and now they have two floors for themselves for that restaurant.

"Dad." Liana said greeting her dad as she walked into the kitchen.

"Lianaaaaa." her dad sang. "You stopped coming to meet your old dad." he pouted.

"You know I still visit from time-to-time."

Her dad laughed. "I will never get old of your excuses."

"I am not making excuses." she said.

"If I was your priority, you would have made an effort." her dad joked but that actually hit Liana's heart.

"Don't take it seriously, you know I always joke around." her dad said looking at Liana's frowning face.

"I just had other thoughts." she said as she came up with yet another excuse."

"What thoughts?" her dad asked.

But just then her Aunt and Mom came in with the food that they made and was ready to fry them.

"We need to fry them now. Liana, Melody is here." her Aunt said as soon as she saw Liana. "She is looking for you."

"Of course." Liana thought to herself. Introducing Melody. Melody is same age as Liana, Liana was good in her studies but Melody seemed to be better for everyone. Melody knew different languages, learned music and arts and was the definition of a perfect daughter in her family. Melody was hired in a company as an assistant of a Manager and after her promotion she is working under a Director and training new Assistant in the company. Melody wore a white dress with flower prints and was sitting in the living room talking to the younger cousins.

"Liana, I was looking for you." Melody said as soon as she saw Liana.

"Doesn't seem like. You were sitting here all along and made no efforts to look for her." Mia said loudly.

Melody glared at Mia and then she faked a smile.

"So Liana, you found a decent job yet?" she said emphasizing on the word decent.

"She have decent jobs to pay her bills unlike you, who doesn't have a decent attitude, yet got hired" Mia said.

"Mia!" Liana said shocked.

Melody was pissed but she put on a fake smile. " They saw how good my resumes and marks are and saw how hard working I am."

"You mean cleaning your nails is hard work? I saw your SNS and what you keep doing in your work-place." Mia said.

"Mia" Melody said with a hint of annoyance. "When elders are speaking, you are not suppose to interrupt."

"Elders? You admit that you are aging?" Mia said.

"Mia,Mom is calling." Liana said trying to ensure they stop arguing.

"You heard your sister, now go while I speak to Liana." Melody said shooing Mia.

"Don't let her take advantage of you." Mia whispered to her sister as she walked towards the kitchen.

"As I was saying-" Melody said but Liana's phone started to ring. Melody rolled her eyes because she was interrupted again.

"Hello." Liana said as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Hello, Ms Liana Parkwe?" a female voice said.

"Yes?" she said.

"Congratulation! You have been hired as a colorist in the Comic Centre. My name is Jasmine and I am the Managing Director of the Comic Centre. You are officially hired in the company. Can you come this week to take the documents and sign it and join us as soon as possible?"

Liana was speechless. It took her everything and she stuttered.

"Y-Yes, how about tomorrow or Tuesday. Which is more convenient for you." she said nervously.

"Tomorrow sounds great. The faster the better for us." the woman said. "Can you come at 10 am sharp and look for me in the reception and tell them you got hired and was called by me."

"Yes sure." she said.

"Sorry for calling you in the weekend. We are just urgently looking for a colorist."

"I understand. See you soon." and that's how Liana got hired into the company.

As soon as her called ended she saw her families and cousins staring at her with anticipation.

"Who was it?" Mia asked.

"Jasmine." she answered.

"Who is she?" her mom asked.

"Managing Director of Comic Center. S-she called to say that I was hired and to come tomorrow to collect documents."

There was a brief silent, then her dad broke it.

"That's great! We have double celebration today!"

Melody's mom then said. "Goodness, Comic Centre,that big building in the main city?"

Just then the door bell rang. The smallest cousin of the family who is 10 volunteered to see who it was and soon came back with a bouquet of flower.

"Who are those for? Me?" Melody said.

"Liana." The child answered.

"From who?" Liana asked.

The child looked at the name. "It says Jason Kyle and there is a box along with it. I will get that too."

"Goodness, who is that?" Liana's other Aunt asked.

"Liana found a man for herself?" Melody asked.

"He is the managing Director of the company." Mia said looking at the attached card. He left a message. Everyone came forward to read the attached card with the flowers.

"You have got to be kidding me." Melody said out loud.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 74.5K 49
Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream job, interning at Gloss Magazine. ...
303K 10.1K 46
"There's always a rainbow after the rain". Maddie had the worst summer of her life. What happened? Her boyfriend cheated on her with her old friend...
2.3M 32.8K 60
All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marriage, and have a perfect life. She all s...
10.9M 253K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...