𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄─𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦...

By paradiseearth

[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in... More

cast. + graphics
note from author.
00. prologue
01. earth bound
02. reunited
03. mount weather
04. river monster
05. surprise
06. finding jasper
07. dinner
08. let's take a hunting trip
09. fog
10. oh, hello
11. killer within
12. time limit
13. healing
14. raven
15. the search begins
16. flares
16. the chase
17. best friend
18. hold on
19. oh brother
20. antidotes
21. relief
22. the beyond
23. captive
24. the lucky one
25. faulty
26. the return
27. disease
28. quarantine
29. survival of the fittest
30. observer
31. target practice
32. burn baby burn
33. shortage
34. come home
35. try me
36. revenge
37. revelations
38. ka-boom
39. our home
40. choices
41. war
42. warriors
43. mountain men
44. new beginning
45. serendipity
46. suspicions
47. pretending
48. worries
49. secrets
50. escape plan
51. horror
52. freedom
53. the escape
54. alone
55. alive
56. denial
57. different
58. pain
59. the truth
60. reality
61. (don't) fear the reaper
62. healer
63. no apologies needed
64. revitalization
65. hold on
66. the beginning of the end
67. my brother's keeper
68. empty
69. a memory
70. broken
71. remembrance
72. now I lay me
73. final goodbye
74. innocence
75. surrender
76. another goodbye
77. changes
78. down
79. loud and clear
80. directions
81. breach
82. gameplan
83. now or never
84. safety
85. three simple words
86. coping
87. add it up
88. azgeda
89. fresh start
90. forgiven
91. back again
92. ka-boom (take two)
93. frenemies
94. a ghost
95. tensions
96. crumbling
97. doubts
98. truth
99. divided
100. betrayal
101. last hope
102. surveillance
103. chaos
104. death row
105. hidden
106. remorse
107. hostility
108. chipped
109. family ties
110. EMP
111. together
112. return to arkadia
113. ghost town
114. payback
115. more goodbyes
116. the map
117. signal fire
118. safe passage
119. infestation
120. back to the beach
121. ice nation king
122. to polis
123. up the tower
124. at war in peace
125. between life and death
SEQUEL

37. pleading

24K 618 334
By paradiseearth

Bellamy's face was full of rage as he began marching towards Murphy, "You said you would let them go, both of them!"

Murphy pointed the gun a Bellamy, "Ah, ah, ah, stop right there." He warned, stopping Bellamy before he could get too close.

Bellamy's eyes flickered over to me as he tried to calm his breathing, "Avery, it's going to be okay. I won't let him hurt you."

Murphy let out a laugh that made my skin crawl, "Don't make promises you can't keep, Bellamy".

Warm, fat tears were streaming from my eyes as I tried desperately to free myself of the gag that was still in my mouth. Bellamy noticed, and with shaky hands he motioned towards her, "At least take the gag out of her mouth" he pleaded Murphy.

Surprisingly Murphy smiled, "Good idea, that way I can hear her beg for her life."

Bellamy clenched his jaw as Murphy moved towards me, harshly pulling the cloth out of my mouth.

"Murphy, please don't do this." I begged, my voice thick from crying.

He ignored me as he turned back to Bellamy, throwing a pile of seatbelts that had been cut free towards him, "Start tying these together."

Bellamy stood his ground, "Not until you let Avery go."

I flinched as a bullet made contact with the metal floor, sending a loud echo through the ship, "Start tying or the next one goes in her head." Murphy ordered.

Octavia's worried voice came through the radio, "Bellamy? Avery? Are you guys okay."

Murphy kept the gun pointed at Bellamy, "You want her to know you're okay? Do what I said."

Bellamy reluctantly dropped to his knees and began tying the belts together. I sat in the chair, still bounded and unable to do anything to stop this.

Murphy held the radio out in front of Bellamy, allowing him to reply to Octavia, "We're fine, it was a miss fire. Now stop worrying and get back to work-all of you," Bellamy paused, his eyes moving up to Murphy, "And tell Raven to hurry the hell up."

I didn't know what Raven was doing, but if I knew her as well as I thought I did, I was hoping she was currently working on a way to get us out of here.

Murphy retracted the radio, "That's long enough. Tie those two ends together." He ordered, shoving the radio back into his pocket.

I began trying to pull against the ropes that held my hands together. If we had any hope of getting out of here alive, I had to do something. "Murphy, " I tried to pull his attention towards me, "Please, you don't have to-"

"Stop-" Murphy said, swinging the gun towards me, "Stop saying that. You two made me do this, this is on you, not me!" he yelled, causing me to shrink back.

When he saw I wasn't going to make anymore of a fuss he turned back to Bellamy, "Now tie the two ends together".

Bellamy's eyes were on me as he did what Murphy said, tightly tying the ends of the belts together so they were forming a loop.

"Now get up and toss it over" Murphy ordered, motioning to a large beam that ran the distance of the ship.

It was then that I realized what Murphy was doing, he was having Bellamy tie is own noose.

I shook my head rapidly as Bellamy stood and threw the belts over the beam. "No." I begged, "Murphy, no!"

For what felt like the hundredth time today, Murphy pointed the gun at me, "Stop talking before I put a bullet in your head" he snapped, fury in his eyes.

Bellamy stood up, "What do you want me to say?" he asked, drawing Murphy's attention away from me, "Do you want me to apologize? I'm-"

Murphy cut him off, thrusting the gun closer to Bellamy's face, his eyes wild, showing no sign that he was going to surrender anytime soon.

Bellamy sighed, "I'm sorry."

Murphy smirked, "You've got it all wrong, Bellamy" he paused as Bellamy stared back at him in confusion, "I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel the way I felt. And then," he added, "I want you to die."

Bellamy's face paled at Murphy's words. My heart dropped simultaneously.

Murphy then swung back around to me, moving towards me and grabbing me by the arm, "And I'm going to have your little girlfriend here watch the whole thing. She's going to watch the life drain from your eyes," he gave me a bone chilling smile as he pulled me towards Bellamy, "Won't that be fun Avery? And after you're dead, she's next."

I felt like I was going to throw up as my wide teary eyes looked to Bellamy who was seething with a mixture of fear and anger. "Leave Avery out of this. She didn't do anything to you Murphy, she begged me to save your life, I didn't listen to her. None of what happened to you is her fault." Bellamy explained, throwing himself under the bus to make me look better.

Murphy shook his head as he pushed me to my knees, the barrel of his gun pressed against the back of my head, "She left me with the Grounders. She made me a promise and she didn't keep it. She's a lying, manipulative, little bitch!" he snapped, pushing the gun further into my head, causing me to wince in pain.

"Now get up there." he demanded, motioning with his eyes to the noose that was looming overhead.

Bellamy hesitated, "Let Avery go and I'll do whatever you want."

Murphy let out a sigh of frustration, "Get up there or I'll kill her right now, I swear to God."

I shook my head at Bellamy, "Don't." I pleaded.

Murphy groaned, "You're both dying either way. I really don't care who goes first."

Bellamy locked eyes with me as he pulled a stool towards him, using it to stand up on. I felt my heart drop to my stomach as he eyed the noose. "Bellamy, get down right now." I ordered, tears beginning to blur my vision.

"Put it over your head." Murphy ordered.

Bellamy kept his eyes on me for a moment before looking back at our tormentor. "This is insane. The Grounders-"

Murphy cut him off by sending a bullet wizzing past my head towards the far wall. The air was knocked from my lungs as the bullet merely missed my head. My ears were ringing from the noise as I looked back up at Bellamy, who's face was covered in defeat.

"Put it over your head." Murphy repeated, grabbing the other end of the rope and wrapping it around his hand a few times.

Bellamy did as he said, pulling the noose over his head so it was resting around his neck. I felt like the world was crashing down around me as he looked to Murphy, "Happy now?"

Murphy pulled on the belts so noose tightened around Bellamy's neck, "You're so brave aren't you? I mean you came in here thinking you could turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me and your friends would come and help you. Well, what are you thinking now Bellamy?"

My face was soaked in tears as I turned my head slightly to look at Murphy who had backed off with the gun, "Just kill me!" I cried out, my words causing everyone in the room to freeze. I pivoted on my knees so I was facing Murphy, "Just kill me instead okay? I left you with the Grounders, you're right. I made you a promise and I didn't keep it. Bellamy, he was just trying to protect the group, like he always does. This camp needs Bellamy to survive, they don't need me." I paused, letting out a shaky breath, "You don't want to hurt everyone in this camp, if you kill Bellamy that's what will happen. So, just kill me Murphy, let Bellamy walk out of here and let me take his place" I looked up at Bellamy who was already beginning to interject, I cut him off, not being able to handle his arguments, "And if Bellamy cares about me the way you are so convinced he does, then he will hurt enough, okay?"

Murphy wore an amused smile, "I appreciate your bravery Avery, but you can't save him. Nothing can save either of you. You're both going to die."

-an-

ah so here we are, murphy has finally lost his mind. as much as this whole situation sucks, it is definitely starting to reveal how much bellamy and avery care for each other...i mean both of them have offered up their lives for the other

sooo let me know what you guys thought of this chapter! let me know if you enjoyed :))

-maddy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 199 18
BOOK 2 of ?? After Mount Weather and killing all of the people in there, Madison left without even saying goodbye to no one, she didn't want to go ba...
403K 5.9K 31
Based upon Season One of The 100 - - "Bellamy Blake. You're a lot of things. A rat, a janitor, a criminal, but I would have never thought you'd be a...
221K 6.7K 27
‎ ❝ Disappeared from the Ark without a trace? ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 from her life on the Ark, Clove Everhart find...
264K 5K 25
' She's a lost girl in her own little world, she looks so happy but she seems so sad. ' - disclaimer: i do not own the 100! all rights to the creator...