Moving Forward ~1

By Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... More

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Founder's Parties All Day
Carwash and Cemeteries
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Fireworks
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
Doppelgรคnger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
Mother of a Ball
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Three Sacrifices
Prom
Graduation

Darkness Is Coming

12.1K 276 88
By Vampirediaries1996

Enjoy another update. I hope to hear from more of you guys on how you're liking this story.

When we got to the Falls everyone was with their friends either drinking or just having a good time. Growing up in a small town there's not much kids can do to have fun, but this yearly back to school tradition makes the new school year bearable. Bonnie can't stop gushing about Elena and Stefan. I can't blame her. He defended her in class from Tanner and asked if she was coming to this party. He's definitely interested.

"Admit it, Elena."

"Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty."

"Lenny, he has that intense romance novel stare."

"Sof's right. Stefan looked deep into her eyes, piercing her very soul." We are in a fit of giggles.

"So where is romance novel boy?" I ask looking around for his perfect hair and gazing green eyes.

"I don't know. Why doesn't Bonnie tell us since she's psychic and all." Elena teases.

"Right, I forgot. Okay, so give me a sec. Grams says I have to concentrate." Bonnie closes her eyes taking this seriously.

"Wait, you need a crystal ball." Elena then proceeds to pick up an empty beer bottle and hands it over to Bonnie. When Bonnie grabs for it her whole face changes. She quickly re-tracks her hand from the bottle.

"Bon, are you okay?" I ask her as I rub her arm trying to comfort her.

"That was weird? When I touched, you I saw a crow." I looked to Elena worried that our friend has finally lost it.

"What?"

"A crow. There was fog, a man...I'm drunk. It's the drinking. There's nothing psychic about it." Elena and I are just speechless on what we just witnessed. "Yeah? Okay, I'm gonna get a refill."

"I'll go with you. I need to find Ty anyway." I leave Elena to accompany Bonnie. I look everywhere for Tyler but he's nowhere to be found. I've asked around and people said they saw him. I spot Matt first talking to a few of his friends from the football team. "Hey, Matty." I greet him with a hug.

"Sof, cheerful as always." He hugs me back and hands me a drink. I gladly take it and sip on it.

"Have you seen Ty? I've been looking for him and..."

"Uh, he's somewhere."

"Oh, it's just he told me to meet him by the keg when I showed up and here I am and he's nowhere." I look around more for him.

"I think..." Matt stops talking. I follow his gaze and see Tyler coming from the forest with a pissed off expression.

"Oh, I guess there he is. Do you know why he looks so pissed?" He shakes his head. "Okay, I'll talk to you later Matt." I throw away my drink and head over to Tyler's direction. "Ty!" I call out for him. He tries walking away but I catch up to him. "What the hell is wrong with you?" People are now looking but I don't care.

"Just leave me alone Sofia!" He tries shoving past me but I stop him.

"What's got you so upset?"

"Nothing. I need to get a drink."

"Can you at least talk to me?" I rest my hand on his hopping he would simmer down. "I waited for you by the keg but you didn't show and you didn't' pick up your phone."

"I was busy."

"With what?"

"None of your concern."

"Ty, please talk to me." He hates sharing his feelings. It's one of the things we're trying to work on. I share my thoughts and dreams but he closes himself off. I blame it on how his parents raised him believing that a man doesn't show his feelings.

"It's nothing to do with you. I just had a bad day and I need to let off some steam."

"Then let's blow off some steam together? Want to start a beer pong game?" Tyler kisses the side of my head and takes my hand.

"Let's get some food." Tyler leads the way and I let my mind wonder what had him so riled up.

__________________________________
Elena's POV

"I like Bonnie. She seems like a good friend."

"Best friend in the world besides my sister."

"Sofia seems like a very supportive sister." I nod my head. Stefan and I are finally getting our alone time without others prying in on our conversations. "She also knows a lot about the town's history."

"Yeah, Sofia is the best sister and friend I could have ever asked for. And she's a huge history buff. It's her second favorite subject."

"What's her first?"

"Sofia's an amazing violinist. She hopes to apply to Julliard senior year."

"That's amazing. Have you two always been close?'

"Our parents used to say it was almost impossible to separate us. We were so similar that when they would tell people that we're fraternal twins, no one believed them. We have always been there for each other and I would not be here today without her."

"What about Matt? He can't seem to, uh, take his eyes off of us." I knew Stefan would want information on my ex but it's a difficult subject. Matt has always s been in my life and now we're the most distant we've ever been.

"Matt's that friend since childhood that you start dating because you owe it to yourselves to see if you can be more."

"And?"

"And then my parents died, and everything changes. Anyway, Matt and I together we just, I don't know, it wasn't, um..." I'm lost for words on how to describe Matt and my relationship.

"Passionate." Stefan hits the nail on the coffin.

"No. No, it wasn't passionate."

"And Sofia and..."

"Sofia loathed Tyler since they were young. My sister has always been too serious for her own good. She would be the person who would take charge of all the group projects and assign people tasks that covered every meniscal detail. Tyler is the total opposite. He is reckless and most of the time a hot head, but somehow, they work. She has calmed down is majority douche like manners and he makes her laugh and live life."

"And she didn't see your parent's death as a reason to not date?"

"Unlike my relationship, Tyler didn't change for the worse he made himself better for her. He would come over early or late at night always making sure she was okay."

"And with Matt and you?"

"Matt, and I uh...together we just, I don't know. It wasn't, um..."

"Passionate." Stefan knew exactly what to say and it was refreshing to hear his take on everything.

"No. No, it wasn't. I've always admired what Sofia and Tyler have. They can be gone from each other for days but is someone mentioned one of their names their whole face would light up. Tyler didn't care if Sof was embarrassed that he wanted to kiss her in public. If he wants to plant a hot and passionate kiss on her then that's what he's going to do. I don't know if they will be with each other forever, but right now he's exactly what she needs." Stefan nods. It feels so good being able to say this. I've been keeping this all in since everything changed. As I stare into Stefan's eyes I notice his eyes are becoming red with irritation and his skin is doing something I've never seen before. "Hey, um, are you okay? Um, your eye. It just...it's"

Stefan looks away and rubs his eyes. "Yeah, no. It's um, it's nothing. Are you thirsty? I'm gonna get us a drink." He doesn't even wait for an answer before he heads off not looking back.

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?" Tyler whispers into my ear as we sway to the music.

"You could tell me again." I say kissing his cheek.

"Well, you look stunning. The most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on."

"You're just trying to sweet talk me because you think you'll get lucky tonight."

"Will I get lucky?" I lightly shove his shoulder.

"Not going to happen Ty. Besides I can't stay out too late."

"I'll drive you back home if you would like?"

"Look who's the gentleman." I rest my head on his shoulder as we continue to dance. Tyler has been one of my rocks in life. He's more than just my boyfriend, he's my best friend who made all the dark days okay.

"I'm always a gentl..."

"Somebody! Somebody help!!" Ty and I separate as we look for the sound of the shouting. I see Elena coming out of the woods with Jeremy carrying what looks to be Vicki.

"Vicki? Vicki, what the hell?" Tyler and I rush to Matt side as he goes to check on his sister.

"What happened to her?" Tyler asked.

"Somebody, call an ambulance!" Matt orders.

"Everybody back up, give her some space!" Tyler is shouting at the crowd of people hovering around her.

"It's her neck. Something bit her. She's losing a lot of blood." I take off my scarf and hand it to Elena.

"Here put this on her neck. Press on it to stop the bleeding." I instruct.

"Vicki, Vicki, come on open your eyes, look at me." This can't be easy for Matt. His sister is all he has and if anything were to happen to her I don't know what would happen to him.

__________________________________
Stefan's POV

The moment I heard that Vicki was bitten I knew another vampire was in town. My cover would be blown. I race past Zach after sharing the disturbing information with him. I knew before I even made it to my room that someone was there. The sound of a crow was heard before it came flying into my room. And with that came him.

"Damon."

"Hello, brother." He continues to smirk at me. With Damon always comes death and the unexplained killings should have been a clue to me from the start.

"Crow's a bit much, don't you think?"

"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog."

"When'd you get here?"

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day at school." Damon roams around my room picking up some of my belongings. "Your hairs different. I like it."

"It's been 15 years, Damon."

"Thank god, I couldn't take another day of the nineties. That horrible grunge look?' He chuckles to himself. "Did not suit you. It's important to stay away from fads."

"Why are you here?"

"I miss my little brother." I call bullshit. He can't stand me and does everything in his power to be as far away from me as possible.

"You hate small towns. It's boring. There's nothing for you to do." I state the obvious to him and he rolls his eyes.

"I've managed to keep myself busy." I knew it was him causing all the killings.

"You left that girl alive tonight. That's very clumsy of you."

"Ah. That can be a problem...for you." He continues to smirk at me and I just want to know why he's here.

"Why are you here now?"

"I could ask you the same question. However, I'm fairly certain, your answer can be summed up all into one little word...Elena. She took my breath away. Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine. Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?"

"She's not Katherine." I defend Elena to someone who lacks moral judgment.

"Well, let's hope not. We both know how that ended." Damon's now right in front of me almost in a challenging type of way. "Tell me something when's the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?"

"I know what you're doing, Damon. It's not gonna work." He shoves me a little.

"Yeah? Come on. Don't you crave a little?"

"Stop it." I shout.

"Let's do it. Together." He shoves me back again. "I saw a couple of girls out there." He hits me again. "or just, let's just cut to the chase, let's just go straight for Elena!"

"Stop it!" I finally shove him back with force.

"Imagine what here blood tastes like! I can. And her showstopper of a sister. We can make a two for one deal!"

"I said stop!" My face changes and I lunge for my brother taking us both out the window. We plummet to the ground with a loud thud. I groan as I try to pry myself off the ground.

"I was impressed." Damon is leaning against the hedges glaring back at me. "I give it a six. Missing style, but I was pleasantly surprised." I finally stand up and face my arrogant brother. "Very good, with the whole face." He imitates my vampire face. "Thing. It was good."

"You know, it's all fun and games, Damon, huh? But wherever you go, people die."

"That's a given."

"Not here. I won't allow it."

"I take that as an invitation."

"Damon, please. After all these years, can't we just give it a rest?" I hoped he would rethink his dark ways, but I may have been too naïve to think he would change.

"I promised you an eternity of misery, So, I'm just keeping my word."

"Just stay away from Elena and Sofia. They have nothing to do with this." Damon's gaze shifts down.

"Where's your ring?" I feel for it and find it's not there. "Oh, yeah, sun's coming up in a couple of hours, and poof, ashes to ashes." I feared he would let me die but then I remembered Damon wouldn't let me off that easy. "Relax." He walks towards me. "It's right here." I take it from his palm and place it on my finger when he grabs me by the throat and chucks me against the garage. He comes to stand over me looking down at me. "You should know better than to think you're stronger than me. You lost that fight when you stopped feeding on people. I wouldn't try it again. Oh, and by the way, if I want a snack I'll take a bite from Sofia so you can then explain to Elena that she's next." Damon strolls into the house not caring what he has just done.

Also, if you haven't already checked out my other stories you should do so. I have a Gossip Girl trilogy and I'm currently working a Flash book along with this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 154 21
,,My name is Hailey Carter-Mikaelson.When I was little, Rebekah found me by the side of a road and saved me. She was like a mother and an older siste...
29.5K 716 40
when y/n goes back to mystic falls she may just get more then she asked for with her confusing relationships with the TVD men *This story doesn't re...
237K 10.1K 36
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
167K 4.2K 78
(rewriting) หœ"*ยฐโ€ข.หœ"*ยฐโ€ข๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž-๐จ๐Ÿ-๐š-๐ค๐ข๐ง๐. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž. ...