the necklace ⇢ z.m

By TigerTay

Her necklace is the only thing separating her and her soulmate. Her necklace is the one thing that gives Zay... More

the necklace » zayn malik
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Epilogue (Part One)
Important Update

Chapter Nine

206 12 5
By TigerTay

"I wish I could wake up with amnesia."

-------

Once we got down to the ballroom it was madness. People were everywhere. I took in the surroundings and saw a few familiar faces. Of course, I didn't know any of them. I've just seen a few passing in the hall. 

My neck felt bare without my necklace. I had taken it and stuffed it in one of my empty dresser drawers for safe keeping. Every few moments I subconsciously would reach up towards my neck to feel for my necklace, even though I knew it wasn't there.

"Are you trying to choke yourself?" Harry joked and I blushed and quickly put my hand down. "What are you doing, though?" He asked curiously. "N-Nothing." I stuttered and he gave me an unsure look, but quickly shrugged it off.

He lead me through the crowd of slaves until we reached a bigger table decorated more elaborately then any of the others. I recognized Niall and Zayn's face immediately. Harry lead me over to the head of the table and pulled out a seat for me.

"Thank you." I said quietly to him as I sat down. He took the seat next to me then started a conversation with the brunette towards his right. I uncomfortably glanced around the table and saw no familiar faces. So much for a fun party.

 I looked around the room and I saw Sasha and Anette were just arriving to the party. I debated whether or not I should go over to them. While I was in my mental debate I felt someones stare on me. I looked around the table and then saw that Zayn was staring at me.

I was looking him directly in the eye, but he didn't seem to care. I started feeling uncomfortable, so I turned to Harry and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me. "What is it?" He asked, clearly wanting to go back to his conversation.

"May I go say hello to Anette and Sasha?" I asked and he looked around the room, looking for them. When he spotted them he turned back to me. "You may, but come back right after." He said with a crooked smile.

I nodded quickly and thanked him, then got up from the chair. I pulled my dress up as I walked, careful not to rip the material. When I got closer I smiled at them. "Hey, Anette." I said and she smiled at me. "Sasha." I curtly nodded.

"We were just talking about you!" Anette chirped. "You were?" I asked in confusion. "Yes! Look at you at the head table!" She exclaimed and Sasha rolled her eyes. "Yeah, you should see if Lord Harry will let us join you." Sasha said in fake sweetness.

"Don't be silly, Sash." Anette said in a motherly tone. "Don't talk to me like that. You're only two years older than me." Sasha rolled her eyes again. "Wait, you guys are sisters?" I asked and Anette nodded. "Sadly." Sasha sighed.

"Did you get purchased together?" I asked and Anette nodded. "We looked like twins." Sasha said and I still was confused. "So, how'd that-" I stopped talking when I saw Anette with widened eyes. "What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure that Lord Zayn is coming over here." She said with her eyes still widened in surprise. "Wait, really?" I said and turned around. Sure enough, there was Zayn five feet in front of me. He was making eye contact with me, so I knew he was coming here.

"May I steal Crystal for a moment?" He asked Anette and Sasha with his eyes still locked on me. "Of course." Anette said with a smirk. I made a mental note to slap her later, but I faked a smile at Zayn. He held his arm out, so I laced my arm with his.

"Where are we going?" I asked once we were away from Anette and Sasha. "Outside." He answered as we neared the head table. Harry shot me a confused glance. I shook my head with widened eyes showing him that I didn't know either.

He shrugged and waved for me to go with him. I nodded then walked outside with Zayn. The cold hit me like a ton of bricks. "You cold?" Zayn asked me and I nodded my head. He shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders.

He placed it over me and it was huge, but I was too cold to care. "So, why are we out here?" I asked with my lips pursed. "Everyone I knew was in a conversation, and it was too loud in there anyways." He said with a shrug.

"But, I was in a conversation." I said with my arms crossed. "Let me rephrase that." He sighed. "Everyone was in an important conversation." He said with a chuckle. "How do you know my conversation wasn't important?" I challenged.

"I could've been discussing my escape plan, for all you know." I joked and he squinted his eyes at me. "You weren't actually, right?" He asked and I shook my head quickly. "No, but I do wish I could see my family." I sighed heavily.

"I'm sure that if you ask Harry in a little while, he'll take you to them." He said and I nodded. "I guess." I said uncertainly. He walked closer to me and my eyes widened at our close proximity. He reached his arm around me and rested his hand on my hip.

My heart raced in fear and then he pulled his hand back, but he had something in it. "Just needed my cigarettes." He said with a smirk then backed up to the railing. He opened the pack of death sticks then took one out.

I crinkled my face up in disgust. "What?" He asked as he lit the end of the cigarette, causing a cloud of smoke to erupt from it. "My father got lung cancer from cigarettes." I told him and he gave me a blank stare.

I sighed, "He's dead." I told him and he shrugged. "If I were to get lung cancer, I have the money to pay for treatment." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm going back inside now." I said and turned towards the door.

"No, wait." He said and I turned around to face him. "I'm sorry." He said and I nodded slowly. "I'm still going back inside." I told him and put my hand on the handle. Right as I did that an alarm blared and the inside, where the party was, went dark.

I pulled the handle only to find that it was locked. "Zayn?" I said, trying not to panic. I turned around and saw him looking off the side of the balcony. "Zayn!" I yelled shaking the door. "What?" He said then turned around quickly.

His eyes widened in realization then, the alarm blared even louder through a speaker outside. "What the hell?" He mumbled to himself as he came to where I was standing. He gripped the handle and pulled as hard as he could, but it still wouldn't budge.

"Well, this is great." He said sarcastically. "What's going on?" I asked feeling the panic rush up my body. "Intruders." He said nonchalantly. "Why are you acting so calm?" I asked with fear laced through my voice. 

"Harry's probably handling it right now." He said and pulled another cigarette out of his pack. He lit it and leaned against the railing again. "What if he's not?!" I exclaimed and he shrugged. "They'll deal with it. This might even be a drill." He said.

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I went towards the railing and looked out. I've never seen the outside of the palace from this side. Only the horse stables in the back. There was a huge garden that was a thousand different colors.

It relaxed me, until a bang echoed through the silent palace. "Okay, so maybe it isn't a drill, and maybe they're not dealing with it." He said and I rolled my eyes. "What do we do, Zayn?!" I started panicking again.

"There's nothing we can do right now, Crys." He said calmly. "We're stuck out here. We have to wait." He said and I tapped my fingers against the railing then turned back towards the door. I walked towards it and pulled the door once again.

It wouldn't budge. I pulled and pulled until I gave up with a heavy sigh. "We can't just sit here and do nothing!" I yelled in aspiration. "Let me see." He said and walked towards the door. "There's doors like this at my palace." He said trailing his hand down the opening of the door.

"If these are anything like mine..." He trailed off and felt under the door and a click sounded. "Then it should open." He finished and opened the door with ease. "You could've done that in the first place!" I exclaimed and he shrugged.

I walked through the doors and looked left and right. The whole ballroom was empty. "That's weird.." I trailed off. "They're probably in their stations." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Their stations?" I asked and he sighed.

"Come on." He said grabbing me by my forearm. He lead me through the doors and to a dark room at the end of the hallway. "What is this?" I asked and he didn't respond. There was dust everywhere causing me to cough.

He pulled a latch and a hole in the floor opened. He motioned for me to go down so I did, but it was dead silent. As I walked down the last step I turned around and my eyes widened as a few men had guns pointed towards me. 

"Uhm, hi?" I said with a nervous smile. "Who are you?" A man demanded while cocking his gun. Just as he said that Zayn hopped down beside me. "What's going on here?" He demanded as he looked around the room.

Everyone's eyes widened in realization and the guns went down. "Lord Zayn, my apologies." The man who had spoken to me said with a bowed head. "Where's Lord Harry?" Zayn said with his voice echoing around.

"He hasn't come down yet." Someone yelled and my heart dropped. "Zayn, do you think he's okay?" I whispered to him. "I don't know." He muttered in frustration. "Let's go." He said and motioned for me to go back up.

"All of you stay here! The alarm will sound again when you can return upstairs." Zayn informed them all the followed me up the ladder. When we got out of the dark room Zayn started pacing back and forth. "Where would he be?" He asked himself over and over.

I started walking back down the hall as Zayn had a mental breakdown. "Where are you going?" He whisper shouted and I heard his footsteps quickly behind me. "You can't just wander off!" He said when he got closer to me. 

I heard a faint voice down the hall, so I quickened my pace to see what it was. As I got closer and the voices got clearer Zayn held his arm out for me to stop. "You're dying anyway, Harry. Someone has to know." A voice sneered.

I heard a loud cough and a slight groan of pain. Wait...Dying? "Zayn." I hissed through my teeth. He mouthed to me 'I know' and I was starting to get impatient. I walked a few steps forward then tripped over my dress causing my shoes to make a big slam on the tile floor. 

"Shit." Zayn whispered. The voices on the other side of the door got silent and I heard footsteps coming closer. "Run." Zayn whispered and we bolted down the hallways. "Hey! Get back here!" Someone yelled and started coming after us.

We ran into the ballroom and back onto the balcony. "What do we do now?!" I yelled in panic. "I don't know!" He said and slammed the door shut while locking it. "Stay. Quiet." He whispered to me and I nodded. 

I heard people talking and then all of a sudden glass shattered everywhere and a man stood there with a gun in his hand. Zayn was crouched in a corner and I don't think the man saw him. Whereas I was in the middle of the balcony like a deer in headlights.

What now?

-------

[A/N: Oh snap.]

*I didn't even realize it's been 2 weeks since I've updated. Yikes. I'm so sorry. I was in Boston for a competition then I went to New York for a few days then yesterday we were supposed to leave and my mom didn't want to so I came out of the bathroom and shes like "Do you wanna go home or do you wanna go see one direction?" SO YOU CAN GUESS WHAT I SAID. So long story short I saw One Direction last night in New Jersey and Harry threw water on me and blew me a kiss and Liam sang to my camera and I got to see my husband (Ashton) in person. SO YES THAT IS WHY I HAVEN'T UPDATED BUT I WILL TOMORROW I PROMISE.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 668 46
Kayla Malik. Zayn Malik. Brother + Sister The difference? Kayla is broken. Scared of Life. and Zayn? Well, he's a worldwide popstar. They haven't see...
2.1K 123 62
We were happy...harry and I. But will the challenges of dating a pop star break us apart or is our love strong enough to keep us together?!
1.8K 99 41
Harry and Reese were inseparable. As true and real as a couple can be. But when Reese has a huge secret and holds out to tell her boyfriend, it ends...
1.7K 49 19
Liza and Zayn tell eachother everything. Well, almost everything. When Liza begins reciving strange texts from an unknown number, she brushes it off...