Chapter Seven

[A/N: Dedicated to just_a_girl1800 because her comments made me laugh so hard I cried]

"Don't leave me lonely, now."

-------

The next morning I woke up late, and Niall wasn't too happy about it. "Niall, I swear my alarm didn't go off!" I attempted to convince him as I rushed to get ready. "I'll have someone look at it later. Lord Harry is going to have my head if you're not up at his quarters within the next five minutes." He sighed.

"Wait, Lord Harry's quarters?" I asked in confusion. "Yes. Ask questions on the way there, please." He said and dragged me from my room. My shoe still wasn't completely on, so I was hopping awkwardly down the hall.

Niall was laughing at how ridiculous I looked, but he was still stressed out. You could tell because the whites of his eyes were a little bit red and he had bags under his eyes. "Niall, what time do you go to bed?" I asked once I got my shoe completely on.

"Depends. On calm days around eleven and on busy days probably one or two in the morning." He said and my eyes widened. I never stay up that long. The only time I've ever stayed up past midnight was when my grandfather was dying and we had to be at the clinic.

"What time do you wake up?" I asked and he tilted his head from side to side as he was thinking. "Busy days four in the morning and calm days six." He said and I was shocked. He hardly ever gets sleep. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I didn't sleep a lot.

"Why are you asking?" He said shooting me a questioning glance. "You look exhausted." I said and he nodded. "I am." He breathily laughed. "I'm sorry." I said and he shrugged it off. "It's fine." He said and I nodded my head slowly.

"So, why am I needed in Lord Harry's quarters?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "He wanted to see you regarding yesterday." He answered and I felt panic arise inside of me. "Oh no. Did I do something wrong?" I asked and he shrugged. "I'm sorry, I don't know." 

Once we got up the millions of stairs we walked the familiar halls to Lord Harry's room. Niall and I didn't speak to each other for the rest of the duration of the walk. When we got inside of his office he was sat at his desk.

"Thank you, Niall. You're dismissed." Lord Harry waved his hand and Niall nodded then exited the room. "Come." Lord Harry said to me and motioned towards the chair in front of his desk. I nodded curtly and scurried to the seat and sat down.

"Have I done something wrong?" I asked and he gave me a hard look, debating whether or not to scold me for talking before I was spoken to. "No. Well, not until now." He said and I put my head down and looked at my hands.

"Sorry, sir." I apologized and he nodded. "I called you in here to talk to you about Ruth." He said and I felt a wave of confusion. "Who's Ruth?" I asked. "The foal."  He said and I made a disgusted face. "That's the name you chose?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay." I said, trying not to make him mad. I mean Ruth? For a foal? It doesn't really fit, but I wasn't going to be the one to tell him that. "What about her? Is she okay?" I questioned feeling worried for the foal. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about." He sighed in impatience. 

I stayed quiet and waited for him to continue. "My guards checked on her this morning and she was more ill then she was yesterday. I've called the veterinarian in to check on her in about ten minutes and I was wondering if you'd like to be there?" He said and I nodded my head eagerly. 

"Yes, I'd love to be there." I told him and he nodded with a smile on his face. "I figured as much." He chuckled then stood up. "Let's go then." He said and waited for me to stand up. I walked slightly behind him as we made our way to the stables.