Chapter Thirty Two

"I wanna take my heart to the end of the world."

-------

I stood frozen in the elevator. I was unbelievably confused. I just knew I had to investigate. I stepped out of the elevator and the doors shut behind me. It was too quiet down here, it was freaking me out.

I started on the left side of the room. There were 3 doors on each side of the room. I felt like if I opened a door I was going to find a bunch of dead bodies. I had a chill run down my spine at the thought. I shook my head and tried to get back to what I was doing.

I opened the first door and it was just a bunch of security cameras, including a camera in the actual security room. I guess he had to be sure they were doing their job right too. I entered the room and looked at all the monitors.

There was a camera in literally every room. Even in the bedrooms. God, this was creepy. I looked from screen to screen. I saw Harry in one camera talking to a security guard and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I looked at the panel in front of me. It was all confusing digital buttons. I pressed a button that said camera 27, which was the number labeled under the camera I saw Harry on. It enlarged and the audio came on.

"I directly told you to not let him through the gates." He seethed. The poor guy looked terrified. "I'm sorry, sir. I must've forgotten." He said nervously. "You're fired." Harry said firmly and the mans eyes widened.

"Please, sir. I need this job. I have a family. I have to support them!" The guy begged and Harry shook his head. "Get off my property before I make you." He snapped and the guy let out a defeated sigh and walked away from Harry with his head down.

My stomach was sick at the sight. That poor man. Does Harry have no compassion? I exited the camera room and made my way to the next door. I pushed open the door and I realized it was a weapon room.

Probably in case of emergencies. I figured it'd be best if I got out of there as soon as possible so I exited that room. I opened the last door on the left side and it was a work room. It looked like somewhere employees would go to hang out and eat during work.

I shut the door and continued onto the next side of the room. I opened up the first door and I was shocked by what was in front of me. It was a large study room. There were books covering the walls, but they weren't like normal books.

They looked like journals. Could he possibly have a journal for his entire life?  I walked to the book shelves and pulled a journal out. I skimmed through the pages to find most of them had been drawings and plans for battle. 

I put that journal back and went to the other side of the room and pulled out another one. I opened it and the first pages were blank. It was probably just an unused one. Or so I thought until I saw an entry on the page.

I don't understand any of this. How could they do this to me? All I wanted was peace and equality. Now, here I am living on the streets. How could this have happened?

I got chills down my spine as I read it. Surely this couldn't be Harry's? He could never be homeless or unwanted. I could never believe it. I sat the journal back down and browsed through the room. There wasn't much to it. It was quite small.

I sat down in the chair at the desk and looked through the drawers. Harry would have my head if he knew I was in here. I shook the thought from my mind, the curiosity being too much for me to leave the room.

The first two drawers only had paper, pens, pencils and other stuff like that. I opened the last drawer and saw a journal that was bookmarked. This had to be a recent one.  I opened the first pages and saw it was dated around the time I got here.

I skimmed through the pages not finding anything really interesting other than more plans for security and wars. I finally saw an entry that intrigued me. It was only written a few weeks ago, which sparked my interest more.

I knew something was going on with Zayn. If he acts on this I will make sure he is killed. I love her and he can't take her from me because of some old tradition. Who even pays attention to those necklaces anyways? 

I know she cares about the necklace or she wouldn't wear it everyday. Unless, she just likes the design of it. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself. I can't tell her about it. What if she does care and she leaves me?

I need to make this marriage final before I tell her. I can't have her leave me. I won't allow it. She's mine and no one's going to take her away from me. Not a necklace, not anything, not anyone. When we're married everything will be perfect.

My heart sped up as I read the entry. A million things rushed through my head at once. My stomach felt sick. This couldn't be happening. My necklace. Zayn's my mate.  I heard a cough and my head snapped up.

"What are you doing with that?"

-------

(A/N: yikes af she knows now.)