Forever In Love With My Broth...

By Faded_May_Roses

(Second Book to Falling In Love With My Brother's Best Friend) Dylan landed the role of Stiles on the new sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 20

23.5K 448 419
By Faded_May_Roses

Okay, let me just say that the updates are horribly slow. I feel like I say this at the beginning of every chapter... I want to thank all of you that wished me a happy birthday (yes, I understand that it was like a week or so ago). I wanted to comment on every comment, but wattpad told me that I was posting things that they didn't like. *sigh*

FILWMBFF REACHED 1M READS!!! I was freaking out when I found out. I want to thank all of you for that too. I love all of you! I never thought my book would've gotten that many reads. I didn't even think it was going to get 100 to be honest.

Are you a 5SOS fan? My sister is doing a preference thing for them and is also taking requests. So if you're looking for something new to add to your library and like 5SOS go check it out. Her username is weird (believe me I've told her about it) but it's ConcertSlut. Even if you don't read it go write a message on her profile telling her that I sent you. Write her really weird crazy stuff! Please? For me? Haha, if you do comment below and I'll follow you if I'm not already! :)

Thank you my lovely readers! Love ya!

Love, El

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** That Night ***

"How long does this usually take?" Ryan asked as he laid his head on the back of the uncomfortable hospital chair.

"It depends." Dad replied with a yawn.

"I'm starving." Kyle said standing up. "Anybody want anything?"

"Coffee." Everyone around me said.

"So coffee trip! Who wants to-"

"I'll go!" Ryan and Luke jumped out of their seat and ran out of the lobby.

I looked back down to the ground.

"Call me if anything happens." Kyle told dad. "Callie?" I looked up to my brother's concerned stare. "Tea? Hot chocolate? Coffee?"

"Surprise me." I have him a small smile and he nodded before walking out. I turned to my side to look out the window.

"Babe," Dylan began, but before he got to finish the door to the lobby opened. Everyone watched towards it.

A man in his early thirties stepped through and looked around the lobby. An older couple, three men, and two woman stood up.

"Daddy!" A little girl ran to the man still in a hospital gown. He kissed the girl's head. "Is mommy okay?"

"She's just fine. So is your little sister." The girl's smile grew. The man looked to the group. "Would you all like to meet little Ashley?"

The door then opened again and a women in a wheelchair was being pushed by a very happy man. In the woman's arms were two little girls, one in pink and one in purple. The man leaned down and kissed his wife's head.

I stood up from my seat and walked out of the lobby. I walked past the elevator and opened the door to the stairs, trying to get down them quickly.

"Callie!" Before I could push open the door to the main floor I was stopped. Dylan stared down at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"What happened?"

"Is everything okay?" Josh asked stopping when he saw us. I looked past Dylan to see that Zac and Wes had followed.

Dylan brought my face back to his.

"Baby, I need you to stay strong. For me."

"Dylan,"

"I'm going through the same thing as you are. We are in this together. You and I." He pushed some of my hair out of my face. "This is just as hard for me as it is for you. Seeing you do this is the hardest for me." He placed his forehead to mine as he whispered his next words. "I need you to try to keep it together for me." I placed my shaking hands onto his face.

A few minutes later we were outside, next to Dylan's jeep. I sat in the backseat and Dylan stood in between my legs, while Zac sat in the passenger seat. The lights in the parking lot glowed, lighting the area around us up.

"You didn't have to stay with us." I told Zac. He looked up from his phone.

"It's not a problem. I needed to get some fresh air anyways." Dylan sighed as he pulled his head away from my neck. I gave him a small smile as my fingers ran through his hair. He closed his eyes and pulled me closer to him.

"You two need a break from everything."

"Tell me about it." Dylan mumbled with his eyes still shut. I leaned up and kissed his nose before placing my lips onto his.

"You two are handling this a lot better than what everyone else thought."

"Dylan is. I'm not." I ran my hands through his hair again.

"For what everyone else thought, you're doing great."

"What did everyone else think?" I asked curiously.

"That you would be in bed 24/7 with Dylan holding you as you sobbed, eventually becoming a vegetable. That you would go insane. The whole situation would cause you to be zombie like. That-" He listed off a few things.

"Stop." Dylan told him. My hands slid down to Dylan's chest.

"It's nice to know that my family really believes in me." I said sarcastically.

"Can you blame us, Cals?" I looked back to Zac. "You were at the point of no return before Scott woke up. Losing a child is much worse. We didn't know what would happen. We were all so scared."

"I told you-" I stopped Dylan and grabbed his clenched fists and laced our hands together. He looked away from Zac and sighed.

"I'm sorry." Zac sighed with a shake of his head.

"Don't be. I'm sorry I scared you." He looked up to me and smiled.

"What's going on?" Kyle asked.

"Just needed some air." Dylan told him looking down at me. I leaned up and kissed him.

"Let's go in."

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good now." He took a step back and held my hand as I got out. Luke, Kyle, and Ryan looked to the two of us.

"Where's mine?" Zac asked staring at the drinks.

"Here." Ryan said picking up one of the many coffees from the holder.

"Callie. Dylan." Ryan handed ours to us.

"Thanks." Dylan said for us.

"Callie, you good?" Kyle asked as I took a deep breath.

"Fine."

"You're always fine." Luke said. "Don't you have any other moods?"

"You're a dick." Dylan told him.

"I was just kidding."

"Luke, stop." Ryan told him. "Like she needs you to comment on anything." I looked to my brother, who smiled to me before going into the lobby.

Dylan led me to the couch we were at before. I rested my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my back.

"I'm sorry for running out." I told dad, Wes, Clara, and Josh. "I didn't mean to scare you, if I did. I just needed a few minutes."

"We're just glad you're alright, kiddo." Dad told me and patted my knee. Dylan kissed my temple.

"I'm sorry I reacted like that."

"Let's just forget about it?" I nodded.

Another hour had passed as we all waited. Now it's almost eleven at night. Being in here most of the day sucked, not just for me. Dad was on his phone. Wesley, Zac, Kyle, Clara, and Josh were playing a card game around one of the coffee tables. Then Luke, Dylan, and Ryan were sleeping.

Dylan's head was in my lap as he rested. I ran my hands slowly through his hair, making him smile. I leaned down and kissed his forehead. He made some sounds and grabbed one of my hands from his hair to hold.

"Can you lift your head for me?"

"Why?" He asked.

"I have to get up and stretch my legs." He began to sit up.

"I'll come with you." He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"No. Lay back down." I told him pushing on his chest. He held my wrist in his hand. "I'll be right back."

"I love you, beautiful." He said half asleep.

"I love you." I whispered with a smile. He kissed my palm before letting me go.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"I just need to go for a walk to stretch." I told him and walked off.

I had no idea where I was walking too, I just made random turns.

"I don't think I can sit in there any longer." Wes said as I stopped to look out the building window.

"You following me now?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Just needed to take a walk." I told him with a sigh. I looked back out the window.

People walking to and from their cars, some happy while others upset or sad. I sighed and looked out beyond the parking lot. The city lights looked pretty from up here. If we weren't stuck in the hospital I'd go out for a drive. I don't know what it is, but I've always had a thing for city lights.

"You've had that same look on your face since you came inside." I looked back to him. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm scared." I told him.

"Of what?"

"Going back there. I have no idea how I will react. Hopefully good and not run out or something. I know Scott would be pissed." I sighed and looked to my feet. "I just don't want to react badly." When I met his gaze I shrugged.

"I think you'll do fine and if you do happen to run out they will understand."

"Why am I like this?" I asked after thinking about everything.

"What?"

"I over react... I guess you could say. I mean my own family thought I was going to go crazy when I found out I had a miscarriage." He looked out the window. "Do you know how horrible that is?"

"Callie, we were expecting the worse."

"I know, I just wish that you guys would've had a little more faith in me." He pulled me into his arms for a hug.

Out of my brothers, Wesley had the best hugs. He was like a big bear.

"Did I tell you?" He asked me really excited. I was so happy that he changed the subject. Maybe whatever he tells me will get this off my mind.

"Tell me what?" I took a step back as I waited. He smiled and said nothing. I grabbed a piece of my hair and shoved it into his face. "I'm growing gray hair." He pushed my hand away.

"Dad got me my first big directing gig."

"No way. For what?"

"A new action film. The writer of the book saw some of my works that dad gave to him and wanted me right away." I hugged him.

"That's great, Wes." He chuckled and let me go.

"I'm going to have a little help since its my first film, but..."

"That's still good." Lauren and Zac are engaged, Wes finally got a big directing gig, and now Julia is having the baby. This all happened within a few days. I wonder what's going to happen next.

"Maybe we should get back there?" Wes asked, I yawned in response and began walking back to the waiting room.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was bumped into. I fell down to the cold hard floor.

"Ouch!" I grabbed my head in pain. I looked beside me to see Ryan groaning in pain.

"What's wrong with you?" Wes asked as he bent down to us.

"Sorry, sis." Ryan helped me sit up while Wes checked my head.

"You're not bleeding." I jumped as he touched my head.

"What happened?!" Dylan asked running towards me.

"Ryan just bumped into me." Dylan turned to my little brother. "It's not a big deal. I'm alright." I looked to Ryan and smiled.

"I am sorry."

"I know." I hugged him, before they helped me up.

"What's with the rush anyways?" Wes asked.

"Scott came to get us because our nephew has been born."

"Really?!" Wes asked. "Let's go! I bet Scott's super excited. I know I am. I'm going to teach that kid everything. I'll be his favorite uncle." Ryan laughed.

"We'll see about that. I'm the youngest so I'll be the coolest." Wesley rolled his eyes and the two walked off still fighting over who's going to be the best uncle. My smile dropped as I looked to Dylan.

"I'll be right next to you the entire time." He told me, lacing our hands together. I smiled down to our hands and nodded.

Scott was talking to dad with the biggest smile on his face. You'd think he was a child waking up to a ton of Christmas presents under the tree. Seeing Scott happy about this made everything temporarily slip my mind. I couldn't go into that room upset. That would only break my brother's heart. I just had no idea how I would react though.

"Cals," Scott smiled even bigger. "Would you like to meet the newest member of the Brooks clan?" I gulped and squeezed Dylan's hand, before slowly nodding.

"I hate to do this, but can you all stay out here?" Scott asked as we got outside of the room. "I want the Brooks family to meet him first."

"That's no problem." Zac smiled and patted Scott on the back. "You can do this." He whispered in my ear as he walked by.

"We'll sit out here." Josh told us. Luke, Zac, and Clara sat down on the benches. I looked to Dylan.

"I don't know. Maybe-"

"I'll be alright." He stared at me before he pecked my lips.

"I'll be right here." He whispered. I nodded and let go of his hand. Kyle placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Let's go meet our nephew!" He said excitedly. Scott smiled to us all before he opened the door. Mom and Lauren stood next to the bed, staring down into Julia's arms. Julia looked up to us and smiled. Scott walked over to her and kissed her head.

"You don't look so hot." Kyle whispered in my ear. Since we were right next to the door I was going to slowly make my way out. Kyle tightened his grip on my shoulders. "You're going to do fine." He whispered so low. "Don't walk out on this. Missing this little kids first moments of life."

"Will you hold my hand? Please?" He gave me a smile and kissed my forehead.

"What's his name?" Ryan asked, moving forward. I took a breath and stepped forward to see my nephew.

"Jonas. Jonas James Brooks."

"Why Jonas?" Wes asked.

"I've always liked that name." She shrugged smiling down to her son.

I tried to enjoy this moment, believe me. I tried to not think about what happened to me and think about how my first nephew just came into this world. But I was jealous and so many other things that I didn't want to feel. Jealous because my brother and girlfriend are enjoying their new baby as I just had a miscarriage.

I looked around to everyone of my family members. They all had smiles on their face, while smiling at the new member of our large family. I wanted to so badly be happy.

"Cals," Scott said bringing me out of my thoughts. As I blinked my vision cleared. "Would you like to hold your godchild?"

"W-what?"

"Scott and I talked it through and would like you to be his godmother." Julia told me. I looked up to my mom and back to Jonas. He yawned and grabbed Scott's finger.

"Honey?" She asked worried. She slowly made her way over to me.

"You're white as a ghost." Lauren said. "She needs some air." She grabbed my hand and we walked to the door.

"I'm so sorry." I cried to Scott and Julia.

Josh stood up from his seat as we walked out.

"Sit down." Lauren instructed. I placed my elbows on my knees and put my hands in my hair. Dylan's hand rested on my knee and I shakily grabbed it.

"Scott probably hates me. I walked out of there. He wanted-"

"Calm down, Callie." Kyle said bending down in front of me.

"I think you two should go home. She doesn't need to be here right now." Lauren told Dylan.

"Josh and Luke are you two coming?"

"Yeah." Josh said. Dylan stood up and I followed. I looked to Lauren and she pulled me into her arms.

"Tell him I'm sorry." Lauren wiped away the tears.

"He's not mad at you."

"He is. I know it. It was just a lot to take in and-"

"Callie, calm down." Luke said.

"Take her home." Ren said to Dylan.

Dylan wrapped his arm around me as we walked out of the hospital.

"I'm here if you need anything." Josh said as we went inside. Maverick ran up to Dylan and I.

"Hey, bud!" Dylan smiled and petted his dog. I walked into our room and put on one of Dylan's shirts and some sweats. I got under the covers and rolled onto my side. Not too long after, Dylan got into bed. I rolled around and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"I can't even see my nephew." I cried. "I wanted to smile and be happy along with everyone else, but I couldn't. Do you know how hard that is?" I sat up to try to calm down, Dylan following. I groaned. "I need to calm down. This is like the third time I've done this today." I leaned over Dylan to grab a kleenex. "I need help." I cried. He pulled me into his lap. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder.

"Please try to calm down." He whispered rubbing my back. "I hate seeing you like this."

"Do you guys need anything?" Josh yelled through the door.

"A glass of water."

"Alright. Come on, Mav." I heard him say from outside the door. Maverick barked and Josh laughed.

"Why are you still with me? I'm so emotional and I mess almost everything up. I take some things out of control sometimes. I can't-"

"Stop it!" Dylan gently pushed me away to cup my face in his hands. "I'm with you because I love you. I always have and I always will. I'm not going to leave you because you're too emotional. This situation is hard, for anyone. It will take a while for things to get back to normal and I'm going to stay by your side until that happens." Now Dylan was crying. "I love you so much, Callie. I'm not leaving you. Not now. Not ever." I put my forehead to his.

"Here's the-" Josh stopped himself when he saw the two of us. "Shit. I'm sorry. I- here's the water." He set it on the table and ran out. I momentarily let go of Dylan as I rolled onto my side. He soon followed and wrapped his arms around me. I grabbed his hand and put it into mine.

"I love you." I told him, squeezing his hand.

"I love you, baby." He told me and kissed my cheek. "I promise things will start getting better."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUTNU: Can you do any cool tricks or something unusual?

My answer from last week: Honestly I have no idea what my favorite song is as of right now. I have a lot, but if I'd have to pick it would probably be... Chocolate by The 1975. I love them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568K 12.7K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
469K 13.6K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc