The Crying Game

By FarFromReality03

Brandon Call was a once powerful teen. But when all crumbles down, he flees to La Push in hopes to reclaim ev... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty-One

1.3K 49 16
By FarFromReality03

It was plain to see that this was still new to us.

We were acting like school kids on the first date. We've done this before, but it felt like we were starting over. We both had something to prove to each other. But everything felt in place -right where it should be.

He continued to act like he had to sneak a glance at me- smirking with his half-smile while gripping the steering wheel. I tried my best to act as if I didn't notice, playfully acting as if it didn't make me blush like a fool -but I was. And staring out the window didn't seem to help every time I would turn to see him shake his head, letting out a silent chuckle.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" He asked, attempting to hide his eagerness.

"No," I smiled. "Just keep driving."

"Well, how am I going to know if we're going to the right place?" He's been pestering me to tell him what I had planned since I told him I was taking him out on a date this time.

"You'll find out when we get there," I said without budging. "Now turn left at the next turn."

Things seem to be getting back to normal –well as normal as they can get.

I moved in with Paul. Even though I practically stayed there most of the time and my clothes were in his closet, I showed up with the last of my things one morning and told him I was home. He teased me by saying that it took me long enough.

Jacob moved in with Bonnie after she moved into the house down the street from us. Like us, it just sort of happened. Jacob showed up at her door with his clothes and his things in the back of his truck, telling Bonnie that he thinks it's about time they take the next step in their relationship. I could tell Bonnie wasn't sure, but Jacob mentioned that now his sister was home with their dad, he wanted to prove that he could take care of my best friend.

The rest of the pack seemed to settle back into routines as well. Quil is staying by his imprint's side. Sam and Emily were married now. Rather than have some big wedding, they decided to have a small ceremony with a few others along with the pack to witness it. Jared was mostly sticking close to Kim.

Other than pack duties and courting some girl in Forks, Embry began getting in touch with a side of him that none of us knew about. He started training with Bonnie and me; learning the powers, he inherited from his mom's side, which was kind of crazy since he was already a shapeshifter.

He now became the first wolf with extra abilities.

Seth has been a different story. After everything that went down, it seems that we barely see the young wolf. He won't tell us of his sudden disappearances, or where he would spend his time. According to him, it wasn't anyone's business but his.

He was still dedicated to the pack, but I could see a part of him was no longer with us though it didn't seem like a bad thing. He was happier now, and I was starting to think that just maybe he met someone.

"Turn here." I pointed to the road that seemed to lead to nowhere.

"Brandon?" Paul gave me a questionable glance, "what the hell is this place?"

"The cars and the big screen doesn't give it away?" I teased him, "we're at a drive-in."

"I didn't know these still existed." He pulled up to the toll-booth.

I paid the admission fee before we finally found a spot. Paul grinned as I told him to park the truck rear-facing. He was surprised when I mentioned that there was a reason I packed blankets and a bunch of pillows with a cooler full of beer and snacks, seeing how the place didn't have a concession stand.

"I thought we were going camping." Paul chuckled, helping me lay the pillows out.

"Without a tent?"

"We don't need a tent." He mumbled in my ear, his teeth grazing the shell of my ear before kissing my neck and pulling me closer to his chest from behind.

"We're here to watch a movie, Paul." I turned and smiled, letting out a yelp as he lifted me onto the tail-gate, kissing me again.

"I know, I know," He smiled again, his hands on my waist. "Can't blame a guy for trying."

The sex topic came up a few times. I just wasn't sure I was exactly ready. It's not that I didn't want it, cause believes me -Paul was almost irresistible. I just wasn't sure how to approach it without acting like a chicken-shit. I almost felt like I needed to prove it.

"What are you doing?" He gave me a puzzled look.

The movie already started, and I was straddling his lap, pulling him in for a sloppy kiss. I didn't know what I was doing. It's not like there were many people there; in fact, there were only a few of us in the lot. Every vehicle was parked away from each other, and now I was sure I knew why.

"Making out with my boyfriend," I replied short-breathed.

"Yeah but..." He muttered before I silenced him with another kiss. "Brandon, baby, if you keep doing this..."

"Just go with it, Paul." I smiled mischievously.

"But..." He paused, looking at our surroundings. "Here?"

He was unsure, and so was I. But I knew if I stopped, I might never do this.

"Yeah," I mumbled. I was now breathing heavy as I ground my body on his lap.

"Brandon, baby, I won't be able to stop if we keep going..."

"Then don't," I said bluntly.

"But don't you want our first time in our bed at home." He pulled away, looking into my eyes. "I mean, I admit that I'm not much of the romantic type, but don't you want our first time to be something special?"

"Paul." I paused, "our first time doesn't have to be special." I pulled him in closer again, "it's every moment after this that counts. I don't want to keep feeling like I have to prove something to you, or if you feel the same way." He looked at me, confused. "The way I see it when we keep thinking about how we want our first time to be something great, we try to outdo ourselves, and it becomes uncomfortable for the both of us. I'm always going to wonder if I'd be good enough for you. If I could please you the way you need to be; I just want us to get over these butterflies, I keep feeling and give myself to you. I want to get over this feeling that I have and be spontaneous."'

"This may sound corny," Paul smirked, "but every damn time is going to be special." He pulled me in for a kiss. "Now get your clothes off so I can have my way with you."

Like a switch, I could feel my body ache even more for him. We didn't waste time before I realized he was already dominating me.

This was different. It felt right.

Our breaths were heavy; mouths latched onto each other while he held onto me with a bruising grip. His body pressed against mine — pleasure overpowering the pain. His deep thrusts impaled me. My body was crying for the invasion. My eyes rolled back. My bottom-lip gritted between my teeth to silence the moans that threatened to turn into screams of pleasure. His teeth grazed my shoulder, puncturing the skin as he dug deeper into me. My toes curled from the friction, my fingers digging into his back as he bit down harder.

His body shuddered with one last final thrust. My teeth were now biting his shoulder, trying to come down from the ecstasy-ride. My body responded in a way I never thought possible. Both of us were panting, trying to catch our breath, and refusing to let each other go until we could catch up with what just happened.

"What was that?" Paul panted. He was now lying next to me, our bodies sweating from such intensities.

"It's called sex, Paul." My breaths were still heavy as I laid my head on his arm next to him.

"I know that," his chest gleamed with sweat as he leaned towards me to kiss me, "but that thing you did. I've never felt that before."

I shrugged, staring into his eyes with what little light shined on us, "I guess I got carried away."

"It was like I couldn't let go of you once I came." He admitted.

"Doesn't that always happen that way?" I smiled.

"Not like that B," He pulled me in close again, "it almost felt like a constant orgasm. Like it was ten times more intense than I ever experienced."

"Umm..." I said shyly, "It's kind of something I learned." I admitted timidly. "I used magic to make it last longer than I could, I just didn't think it would work in such a way."

"Damn," he chuckled, pulling me in for another kiss, possessively gripping on to my rear. "I could get used to this."

"It doesn't bother you that I used magic?" I asked.

"How could I be?" He grinned foolishly, "I have to be one of the luckiest sons-of-bitches there ever was." He lifted me and pulled me in playfully.

I don't think we watched the rest of the movie. I knew Paul's had a big sex-drive, I just didn't think I would give into him so many times. He was literally like my drug, and I had the marks to prove it.

We went home far after the movie was over, enjoying our time together before we had to go back to our regular-not-so-regular life.

We couldn't hide what we had done. Bonnie told me the pack could smell it. She and Jacob weren't exactly innocent, either. It wasn't only us that the rest of the pack decided to tease with the immature noises they would make every time we entered the room. It was almost like a tradition to do so. Paul and Jacob and the others had done it to Jared when he found Kim and marked her.

We didn't have any other pandemonium's approaching other than Klaus and the other originals catching word about us. But that problem was pretty much solved before it could go any further.

Caroline and Elena told us about how Klaus was plotting to find me. He had a mission to challenge the imprint, but he backed out the moment he heard that not only had I revived my magic, but Embry was someone he didn't want to be close to associating with.

A wolf-witch was known to be far more powerful than any of them, and since Embry was tapping into his magic, he was using it to heal those who needed it in the tribe. He continued to discover his abilities to prepare himself in case Klaus tried to form an army like the Volturi had.

Word broke about us defeating Kai.

Well, Jacob's pack. Damon and Stefan warned Klaus about them. Tyler may have been somewhat a challenge for him, but even he promised that he and his pack wouldn't hesitate to stand with all the packs to get rid of Klaus. I found it hard to believe when I heard the news that even Kol and Elijah backed out when they understood just how powerful we could all be.

That was the last I heard about Tyler too.

I had to ask.

Caroline mentioned that she hadn't seen him since. As the year passed, no one has heard from Tyler either. Word has it that he was now a full-time vampire hunter. He and his pack hunted those who were out of control, especially newborns that seem to terrorize cities.

The Cullens left and haven't returned since.

From what I understood, the hybrid that was once Jacob's imprint found solace in another of her kind -another hybrid their family discovered in South America. They plan to return someday, but not anytime soon.

When word broke out that Bonnie and Jacob were expecting, we all decided that it called for a celebration. With everything going on, it was great to be looking forward to something other than the constant preparing for something that may never happen, which meant that an invitation would be sent out to our friends back at Mystic Falls.

The pack wasn't too pleased, especially Jacob. But Bonnie insisted that she wanted to share this moment with her best friends. I was just happy to be seeing them, surprisingly.

"Congrats!" Elena raced towards Bonnie with her arms spread wide open.

Jacob stood next to her with a painful expression. I could see that the alpha was struggling not to be so overprotective over his fragile imprint. I couldn't blame him seeing how they were both vampires touching his very pregnant-human fiancé.

I guess I forgot to mention that he proposed.

None of us were there to witness, but Bonnie came home from one of their dates with excitement, flashing her ring to aunt Tiffany and me.

"Oh, I missed you guys." Bonnie hugged her, then Caroline before handing the big teddy bear to Jacob.

"I can't believe I'm going to be an auntie." Caroline gushed.

As awkward it may have seemed with the number of vampires here, everyone managed to remain civil for the time being. Every man here except Embry and me stayed muted. Both wolf and vampire refused to associate as the women celebrated with the small party.

This would be the last time we would all see each other until the child was older, that was Jacob's request. Our vampire family wouldn't be included from the child's life, just until the pack was sure it would be safe.

"I can see that you're nervous," Paul whispered in my ear, standing next to me.

"I'm not nervous." I tried to cover my lie, shifting my foot moving closer to Paul as I watched the women talk. "Why do you say that?"

"You keep looking at the door." He chuckled, "is he even coming?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I doubt it."

I didn't mean to get excited when the front door opened, only to realize that Seth was had finally arrived. Paul noticed, and I hated that he did.

"It doesn't happen overnight." He smiled, kissing my temple as we watched Seth being his cheerful self.

"What?" I turned to him.

"Moving on." He held onto me, ushering me to follow him outside onto the porch. "I get it B, and I'm not mad."

"I'm sorry." I sat next to him on the bench. "Thanks for understanding that I'm still trying."

"It'll happen." He spoke casually. "Until then. I'll be here. I'm not going anywhere."

"Good, cause I'm finally happy where I'm at." I smiled leaning in.

"Brandon? Paul?" We both turned to see Embry peeking out the door. "Jacob's calling everyone."

We went inside to see that Jacob was standing in the center of the living room, nervously clasping his hands while looking at Bonnie with a smile. She smiled back and stood up next to him.

"We're here to celebrate a time of moving forward." He spoke clearly. "With the future of the pack starting, we are also here to say a short farewell to a few people."

Everyone puzzled.

"Priority is to ensure the safety of our child," he held onto Bonnie with love, "which some of you know that the moment is bittersweet as Bonnie says goodbye to her best friends for a while. I promised Bon-Bon that this would only be temporary, and I'm hoping with what I have to say next would be temporary as well."

It was strange to see him turn to Seth, who was standing behind him, signaling him to step forward and speak. The man cleared his throat, glancing at his puzzled sister, then Jacob as the alpha nodded for him to talk finally.

"I decided that I'm leaving for a while."

"Leaving?" Leah stepped interrupted. "What? When? What the hell, Seth?"

"I already spoke to mom Leah," Seth said. "I decided that I want to go and see the world before I won't get the chance to. I want to find out a life outside the rez, and maybe one day I just might come back."

"What do you mean might?" I asked this time.

"The pack is strong, and we will always be." He replied, "besides, I'll always be a call away. Jacob will know how to contact me."

"But where are you going?" Leah asked, upset.

"Seattle." He continued. "I'll be doing a six-week training, and then I'll see what happens there."

The announcement seemed to bring the party's mood down. But we still showed our support.

"I'm leaving tonight." We were all shocked, but Leah seemed distraught from the news. "I didn't want to tell you, Leah, because neither of us is good at goodbyes."

It was evident that we were all shocked with Seth's decision except for Jacob, Sam, and Sue. After calming Leah down, she seemed to finally understand that her brother just wanted to venture off before he would have to come back and be a part of the pack again. But I couldn't help but feel like this was a goodbye.

They hugged it out before Sam brought him, his mom and Leah to the bus station where Seth would be catching the late bus out of Forks. I congratulated him just as Paul had, wishing him the best and reminding him that this would always be home for him.

Now we had to say goodbye to Caroline, Elena, Stefan, and Damon. It was sad to see them go once again, but I figured that time would pass and we'd meet again.

Paul and I were the last to leave, driving home in silence.

"What?" I realized he kept looking at me with a foolish look, grabbing my hand as he pulled me closer.

"I just realized that I'm happy."

"Are you now?" I teased, moving in closer, leaning on his shoulder.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He chuckled, "The pack is together. Jake and Bon are having a kid and getting married. You seemed to have all your powers back finally. You reunited with your aunt and your cousin - let's not forget that Embry has some badass powers too."

I laughed.

"We defeated one of the worse things we could come across..." He put the truck in park. "... and you brought me back to life. I'm one lucky son-of-a..."

"Man..." I interrupted.

"You could say that." He opened the door.

Before I could follow, he pulled me with him, lifting me above his shoulders and slamming the door. He smacked my rear while carrying me into the house over his shoulders, ignoring me as I begged him to put me down.

"Never. I'll never let you go." He put me down in front of him, both his hands on my cheeks as he leaned down to kiss me. He stared into my eyes with a blank expression. "Marry me?"

"What?"

"Marry me!" He lifted me again, wrapping my legs around his waist before carrying me up the stairs, kissing me.

"Are you serious, Paul?" I giggled, falling onto the bed while he lifted his shirt over his head and tossing it aside.

"Damn rights I'm sure." He knelt above me, stealing another kiss. "Not because I know we both want you to, but because I need you to."

"You need me to?"

"Being without you doesn't make sense." He pressed his body on top of me, his heat comforting me, "and I don't want to make sense of it. Marriage didn't mean shit to me until I realized that it's not what makes the person, but what the person makes it." He pulled me to lay on his chest.

"I don't need a reason, just the need to know that I can do so much better with everything I accomplish." He glanced down at me. "Especially when I'll have you there helping me."

"Answer me this first?" He nodded. "What about kids? What about a family?"

"That's two questions." He chuckled then stared at the ceiling for a moment, "the best thing that ever happened to me was when you never gave up on me. That made me realize that even if we never find a way to have a family, I still get to wake up next to you."

"Okay." I thought for a moment.

"Besides..." he pulled me in and smothered me with kisses, "I'm not ready to share you with anyone yet..." we both laughed. "... especially with some needy kids."

"You sound like a needy child." I teased and leaned in, "and my answer is yes."

"Really?"

"It's always yes."

*^*^*^*

"Promise to keep in touch, right?" Leah asked her brother, hugging him for the fourth time.

"Yes, I'll make sure to call," Seth replied, annoyed, trying to hold back the lump in his throat. "I'll call when I get there."

"Where exactly are you going?" Leah asked Seth.

"Would you let your brother be," The sibling's mother nudged her daughter then hugging her son again, "he's going to miss his bus."

"I love you squirt," Leah said, hugging her brother again.

"I love you too Le... and I'm going to a friend's from high school." He picked up his backpack and gave his ticket to the drive before stopping to look back at his family. "I love you guys. Tell Sam to tell the guys that I'll miss them."

"Love you, honey." Sue waved, Leah, standing next to her mother, refusing to let the tears fall.

"He'll be back." Sam approached from behind, waving at Seth through the bus window. "He's our brother. He will always come home."

Seth waved at his family and his alpha through the tinted window, sighing as the bus hissed before exiting the depot.

The man often wondered if he was doing the right thing -if he should have told everyone back home to why he was always absent from the pack.; to why he was practically only home for meetings and patrols –which now was rare for that task.

Seth stared out the window, watching the lights dim as the bus pulled out onto the freeway, bringing him to Port Angeles. His phone dinged, his sister sending an 'Already miss you' text, only to be dinged with another text that had read 'are you on your way?'

Seth couldn't help but smile before pressing his thumb on the home key, replying with 'Yes, the bus had just left, I should be there shortly.'

'Can't wait.' Seth smiled, another text notification, 'did you tell them?'

'I told my mom to tell them when she gets back.'

The conversation was left at that.

There were a lot of things Seth wanted to say to his pack and all of the council and imprints, but he didn't feel that they needed to know. But there was one person that he thought he owed some sort of explanation, but Seth wasn't sure how he could approach it.

"All passengers arriving in Port Angeles, your luggage will be brought to the side as you exit the bus." The driver announced.

Seth grabbed his things and found his luggage case on the side area. He maneuvered his way through the small crowd and made his way through the bus terminal building -searching for the individual he came to meet.

'I'm outside waiting.' The text read.

Seth smiled as he exited the building, noticing the truck parked across the street. He pulled his luggage across the street and met the man in front of him. Without hesitation, the man lifted the case in the back and pulled Seth in for a hug, then kissing him with a little bit more passion than Seth expected.

"Someone missed me?" Seth teased.

"I did." The man smiled, "it's just good to have you here with me."

"I know."

"Did you talk to Brandon?"

"No, But I asked my mom to give him a letter." Seth sighed, "I'm not ready to talk to him and try to explain to him that I fell for you."

"We can tell him together when we come back then, well at least talk to him."

"Okay, thanks Tyler." Seth kissed the man again "for everything."

"Let's go." Tyler led Seth to the front of the truck. "Our first stop is Canada."

"Can't wait."

Vote & Comment?

Finished. There won't be a sequel -was never really good with them. But I hope everyone enjoyed reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.1K 15
After having lost her father, her uncle going back to Florida, accidentally killed a young teenage girl and having triggered the werewolf curse, but...
311K 7.4K 99
"I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" "No, I've lived here my whole life, but my parents don't allow me outside of the house, someth...
455 1 23
Imogen hadn't planned to return to La Push until the late summer ahead of starting University in Washington. But when Bella revealed her dark secrets...