The Crying Game

By FarFromReality03

Brandon Call was a once powerful teen. But when all crumbles down, he flees to La Push in hopes to reclaim ev... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Nineteen

875 37 2
By FarFromReality03

I never felt so helpless -so powerless, so useless.

Never in my existence have I ever faced a predicament where practically everything was rendered inadequate. I'm accustomed to having some source of energy to help me figure things out, but now it seemed if that disappeared as well. I couldn't summon the spirits or any source of magic. I would stare at my palms in hopes that something might happen.

Paul looked at me as if I was crazy most of the time. I still call him Paul. I don't know what else to call him other than Paul's wolf. At least I know for sure that this wolf is the exact replica of the wolf Paul changes into, but I can prove that this is the man that I love. He sure seems fond of me, which doesn't make much sense.

At least the moment he had arrived I haven't felt entirely alone. It was as if he was watching over me. That's what made me convinced that Paul was in there somewhere, and gave me hope that I might get to see him again –at least I hoped.

With my every effort, I didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I tried summoning the spirits, but nothing happened. I tried calling upon my powers, but nothing would budge or move. I felt trapped that I couldn't seem to do anything to help.

This place was terrifying at most. I couldn't sleep much because I found myself waking up from my nightmares of being stuck here for an eternity before someone found me; this even made me try harder.

Still -nothing.

As I found myself wandering off to look for life, Paul followed me without hesitance. I couldn't stay at the place that reminded me so much of what I lost, or what I been through. I had to move on to someplace where I was sure could be better than this.

The roads were empty — a few vehicles abandoned on the sides -weeds and shrubs growing through them. The highway began to crack and look like something out of apocalypse movie. I was starting to wish something might even pop out to make me believe that I had a chance, but that hadn't happened.

I continued, and Paul continued to follow me with his tongue hanging out, trotting next to me as if he hadn't a care in the world. It made me wonder what was going through his head, and if he was the bit of the slightest worried about us. There had to be a reason he was here with me, and there had to be a reason I was looking for something. I had to believe that.

In that instant, it felt as if everything changed at that moment. First thing I noticed was Paul's reaction, how he quickly stood next to me, on guard. I leaned in closer and stared in the direction he was looking, not seeing a thing. But that didn't stop him from snarling and growling as if we were in danger.

"What is it?" I whispered to him, expecting some answer.

Without hesitation, he began to nudge me and push me in the opposite direction. Rather than argue with him, I let him lead me to an abandoned truck where he made me hide between the massive tree and the small opening where the rear tire should've been. I quietly asked him again, but he gave me a saddened look before sneaking back around the truck.

It made me want to take back about wishing something would appear. Something was out there, and I couldn't do anything. I had to wait, and it felt as if I waited longer than I wanted to. I tried listening for something, but it was dead silence in the air.

I worried for Paul more than ever. It had to be over fifteen minutes, and I still had no clue what could be happening. I had to do something. But Paul didn't want me to move. As much as I tried to ignore him, something told me that I should be at least listening to him by now. That was until I hear the horrifying shriek coming from the same direction Paul went.

I had to do something.

So I did.

In a quick second, I found myself moving before I could stop myself, and in the same direction where I could hope to see Paul. This time it was a howl I that echoed, and I knew Paul was up against something, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what exactly that something was. But I would soon find out just as the shrieking roar came again.

I could only see the blur now.

One I knew it to be Paul; the other, well that was something else.

I couldn't see what it was until Paul's wolf attack and was able to shove the creature until the blur became noticeable.

On one side of the area, Paul's wolf stood in attack mode, his ears pressed back, his canines exposed like razor-sharp knives, his fur erect, his feet pounding into the forest floor, preparing himself to attack again.

On the other side, something I had never seen before stood on its own two feet -a creature that looked like something from a horror movie. It stood on its hind legs before falling forward onto its front legs with a thud, but its paws looked like hands as they dug into the ground. It looked like a wolf, too, but it was bigger than Paul -harrier, and more vicious-looking. Its tail was bushy; its eyes were red as blood, its fangs just as sharp, perhaps even more so than Paul's. Sadly, whatever Paul had, this thing had twice as better. The only thing that came to mind what this thing could be was a werewolf.

It had to be.

I waited for some sort of reaction from either, but something unexpected happened before I could respond.

Paul was moving in my direction, and I couldn't understand why that was until I realized that the monster had spotted me. Either I was dead, or Paul would die before me. I didn't want to admit this, but I was sure by now that we were doomed.

We needed a miracle.

~*~*Paul*~*~

After explaining to Sam about my dream, he was on board on helping me find out what could be happening. I had to agree with him when he suggested we call on Bonnie and her other friends to help us. As much I hated them for getting us in this predicament, I realized that they could be my only hope in getting Brandon back -and soon.

With everyone gathering, it seemed that we were all at rut when it came to planning on what we could do. Every fucking plan came to a dead-end, and I wasn't too pleased with our strategies.

I knew there had to be a reason my wolf could see him and I couldn't, nor could Brandon see my but my wolf. When I brought it up to Bonnie, she was left clueless too. No one seemed to know how or why. That was until someone had finally spoken some truce that I could believe.

"It can't be the spiritual plains." Embry suggested, "You mentioned that your wolf was there Paul, right?" I nodded, the others listened, "well, according to our legends, our wolves remain on the plain where only lost spirits exist. A plain where there's no place for them to be until they can either be claimed or disposed of."

"But why would my wolf's spirit remain there if I claimed him when I phased?" I asked, annoyed.

"Have you tried phasing?" Sam asked.

I shrugged. "No, not for a while to tell you the truth." I thought about it. "Even when I was pissed with Brandon, I felt like I didn't want to bother anymore."

"This could be bad," Jacob added. I stared at him, concerned. "Your imprint was in need Paul, and you've been rejecting him, you've been rejecting everything about you, including the warrior that helps you."

"That's impossible; I can still phase," I argued.

"Prove it." Jacob urged to annoy me.

"Fine!" I replied angered. "I will."

Try as I might, I couldn't. With every one of the pack's eyes watching me, I found myself standing in my shorts, with no hint or ability to change into the wolf I've grown to trust and need, and for once, I hadn't felt so damn empty.

"This is bad." Jared panicked, then I panicked.

"Why is this bad?" I asked, worried, "I can phase again? Can't I?"

"Not without your wolf." Sam spoke, "seems to me, from what you said, your wolf has left you to the one thing you should have."

"He's right Paul." Jacob continued, "When Brandon needed you, your wolf is the only one that had come to his rescue."

"But, but," I argued, "Brandon didn't look as if he was in danger. He looked fine."

"He could be, for now." Embry spoke, "but the empty plains doesn't exactly mean that it's empty."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, pissed off.

"Hold on," Embry replied, "Jake, I need you to call Bonnie and the others again."

The man nodded and left for a moment. I sat in down for a moment, holding and pulling my hair in frustration. I hadn't realized until now just how much I may have fucked things up. I put my imprint in a dangerous situation, and I acted like a jackass doing it. I had been nothing but a major fuck-up. I needed to fix this. I needed to find a way.

"You mentioned something about this plain you were at?" I looked up to see Embry question Jacob's new imprint. She nodded with her hands in her pockets, standing nervously next to her vampire friend. "What was it exactly is it that you saw?"

"You mean other than us?" She asked. He nodded. "I don't know what it was; we barely had a chance to see what it was other than the blur."

"Do you know why it was there?" He asked her.

"Brandon figured it was because of Renesmee and Jacob's imprint." She shrugged, "but it should've vanished when the imprint had broken."

"Maybe, maybe not," Embry spoke.

"What do you mean?" Bonnie asked.

"I'm saying, because the imprint existed in the first place, it developed something that could hopefully exist," Embry continued, "I know it's hard to make sense, but because of the possibilities of the imprint, and because someone has been to the plain where this thing was created, it still exists there. Either someone is meant to claim it, or it has to be disposed of."

"That can't be, how is that possible?" Bonnie asked.

"You said that it could be the future spawn of the imprint that wasn't supposed to happen!" Embry said bluntly. "It's the reason you broke the imprint, but because you entered the same plain where existed, everyone who was there, tampered with it. Something that had been created can no longer exist unless it finds a way; it needs to be destroyed."

"So that monster is still there?" I asked. Staring blankly, "with my Brandon? With my wolf only to protect him?"

"It's possible," Embry replied, his expression changed at that moment as if he had come to an epiphany. "Which means we have to go to."

"WHAT?" Jared shouted.

"What do you mean?" Quil asked.

"He means that if we don't act quickly, then our pack brother could be facing death at this moment and we're here yacking about nothings..." Sam spoke. "We don't have much time if this is the situation."

"What do we do then?" I stood up in a panic. "We have to do something; we can't just sit here. I'll lose everything. We have to save Brandon at least."

"Tiffany?" Bonnie gave Embry's mom a stern look. She nodded and reached for her son's and Quil's hand. "Everyone in the pack, join hands with us, we'll do our best to bring you to them."

"But you can get hurt." Jacob held onto his imprint.

"If I don't, everyone will be hurt from this," she stared into Jacob's eyes, "this is what I do Jacob, you have to trust me, or this isn't going to work."

With hesitance, Jake nodded. "I trust you."

With everyone in the room, and as everyone in the pack joined hands with the witches, I could already feel the energy flowing through us. Whatever was about to happen; I had to have faith that I could be there to save Brandon -it was my mission.

"It's not enough..." Sam shouted.

"What do you mean it's not enough?" I panicked again.

Before any of us could react, Embry began to chant along with his mother. Behind us, we could feel the elder's presence, each of them with a hand rested on our shoulders as they began to follow the chant.

That's when I could feel the powerful energy coursing through our bodies. My eyes could only see the blurry pictures before me until I began to recognize the experience; I knew that we were close to our destination. I have it all, whatever hope I had, I prayed for the first time in my life and asked that I be brought to my imprint's side somehow.

Then there he was. I hadn't been so happy in my life. I was ecstatic, but he wasn't. He looked frightened. It was then I realized just what was making him react in such a way. It was the beast across from me. The monster they spoke of. It was hideous and looked as if it was thirsting for blood.

So I reacted.

I went straight for my imprint, howling for anyone I hoped could hear me.

~*~*~*Brandon*~*~*~

I couldn't move.

I was so afraid that I couldn't react. I knew I should at least run, but I just couldn't. I was frozen in my spot, and yet Paul was putting himself in danger to save me, even if that meant he might die doing it.

I tried; I tried so hard. But I couldn't do it. I needed some sort of push. I prayed that I could do something.

"BRANDON!"

It was as if someone metaphorically thumped me over the head; I could hear familiar voices. How? I wasn't sure, but the moment I had turned to where I once was, Bonnie and aunt Tiffany stood, panicking and calling me over to get out of the way. The only thing I could do react was to jump out of the way quickly.

I tumbled to my left to avoid the blow from either Paul or the beast. I knew then I was happy to see my best friend and my aunt; it's just finding out why they were here in the first place. Strange as it was, I could feel the pain of what was going on now. It was as if someone had pushed the reality button, and I was trying not to focus on the fact that I landed on my arm hard.

I turned to find that the beast had attacked Paul, and unfortunately, Paul wasn't doing so good when it came to his defense. The monster took hold of Paul and threw him across the abandoned lot.

"Come quick." Bonnie grabbed onto me; aunt Tiffany grabbed my other arm.

"We need to get you to a safe spot."

"I am so glad to see you guys." I said in a heavy breath, "but how did you get here?"

"Thank Paul for that," Bonnie added, looking in the direction where Paul was.

"Paul?" I watched as he attempted to stand, realizing that something was a bit different. "Is that him?"

"I'm sure it is now." Aunt Tiffany spoke, now holding up my arm as she began to create a sling.

"We have to help him." I panicked.

"You can't; you're hurt," Bonnie replied.

"But he'll be killed."

Just as I said it, a blur went passed us, then another, and another, and another. I hadn't been so relieved just as I realized just who it was. The first to attack was the massive brown wolf I knew was Jacob.

He viciously latched onto the beast's arm just as the dark wolf known as Sam grabbed onto the other arm with his large fangs. The monster cried out and began to fling the wolves off of it. Just he had, two others came from under him, snapping at his ankles and knocking the beast down, causing it to snarl at them. By the time Seth and Quil joined, all of the wolves had the creature surrounded.

It was amazing to see them work together, but that didn't mean that the monster was about to give up. It also didn't mean that the pack would back down without a fight either. I was correct to think once Paul bolted forward with Jacob and Sam at his flank.

One by one, the beast swung them aside like rag-dolls. Jared, Quil, and Embry went in and made their move, followed by a sneak attack from Seth, and yet none of it seemed to work as the monster seemed to be one step ahead.

"They're not doing too good," I said worriedly.

"Have faith in them." Aunt Tiffany spoke, "they'll come up with something."

I tried to stay positive about the situation, but it seemed that the werewolf had them where it wanted them. Sam was slammed against the truck next to them while Jacob and Paul were tossed against the power poles. Poor Seth was kicked before the beast swung and slashed him across the back. Jared and Embry were still recovering from their injuries as the monster slashed their sides. Quil was still trying to keep the thing occupied while the others could get back into battle mode.

"We have to do something!" I begged as I watched Paul struggle to keep his balance.

"But what can we do, we're powerless," Bonnie replied.

"But if we can feel the pain and agony of it, we should be able to tap into some of our magic," I panicked, still watching as Quil kept the monster busy.

"Maybe you can give them power now that you're their imprints." Aunt Tiffany spoke.

"But how?" I asked, noticing Sam get back into the fight.

"By connecting through your binds, you've done it before." She explained, "Give them power and use them as tools to strengthen their abilities."

"You're not making sense auntie." I panicked as I watched Paul attack again.

"Become as one!" She shoved us forward and grabbed our hands, "both of you!"

Before I couldn't understand what she had meant, everything that I had experienced, magically, led me to this one moment: the power, the spells, the strength, the hope, and the need -my purpose.

With effort, it was as if I could see through Paul's sight -watching as he attacked the monster in front of him. Rather than letting him get a hold onto us, I demanded Paul's wolf to twist his body quickly under the werewolf's massive frame and latching onto its bicep. Just as we made a connection, I noticed that Jacob's wolf was grasped onto the monster's side, both of the wolf's teeth sunken into the beast's flesh. I began to send shockwaves that coursed through Paul's wolf and into the monster's.

The hold was long enough for the other's to respond. The pack gathered in rapid speed and sunk their fangs into the werewolf, pulling the flesh and tendons from the beast's skin. As we let the thing fall, we didn't quit; it had to be killed; that we knew.

So just as I ushered Paul's wolf forward, so did Jacob's wolf, and together we severed the head and pierced the monster's chest with our claws, crushing the heart until the thing stopped breathing.

Just then, we pulled back, and I took a deep breath before realizing I was back in my body, falling to my knees as I caught my breath. Sweat dripped down my face as I realized the effort put into the spells. But I come to understand one thing was for sure; we were becoming stronger.

"We didn't faint," Bonnie muttered, chuckling as she kneeled back, Aunt Tiffany hugging the both of us.

"You can say that again," I laughed as I wiped the sweat from my brow.

"I knew you could do it." Aunt Tiffany said with joy.

"Thank you for that." I hugged auntie back, "if it weren't for you pushing us to try, then we wouldn't have made it."

"It's only because I believe in you, all of you," she smiled and hugged us again.

"BRANDON!"

I turned to see a very naked Paul running towards me. I stood unsure how to react, but was open to the open arms he had for me. I was a bit surprised to realize that he picked me up and held onto me as our lives depended on it.

"I'm okay..." I gasped a little, Paul realizing he was squeezing a bit too much.

"I'm just so happy that you're okay." He was crying, kissing my cheek before grabbing hold of me again.

"I hate to ruin the happy moment you guys," Embry came running towards us, "but we don't have much time to get back."

"Everyone join hands again," Sam ordered.

"Brandon! You're in the middle!" Bonnie ordered.

"I'm not letting you go again." Paul interfered, his arms wrapped around me, "I can't do it."

"You have to Paul; it's the only way." Aunt Tiffany instructed. "He'll be fine."

"I will be Paul." I looked into his sad expression. "I promise I'll be right here when we get back."

"But what if you're not, I can't go back without you."

"You won't be," I assured him, "because this time, I have you to bring me back. Trust us all. I'll be okay."

"You better be," he slowly let go, "Cause if you aren't, I'll come back..."

"I know, I know you will." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "See you on the other side."

"I better."

Vote &Comment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 5.5K 28
Citlali Cadwell has her life together. That's until her boyfriend of three years, Embry Call breaks up with her with no reason at all, at least that'...
310K 7.4K 99
"I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" "No, I've lived here my whole life, but my parents don't allow me outside of the house, someth...
1.9K 93 10
I must've done something wrong to be left so lonely. Twilight / Paul Lahote screamstu, 2023