The Crying Game

Por FarFromReality03

Brandon Call was a once powerful teen. But when all crumbles down, he flees to La Push in hopes to reclaim ev... Más

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Thirteen

1.1K 38 1
Por FarFromReality03

Things were moving too fast, though I couldn't admit it to Paul.

We were caught in the moment. I was a fool to let it slip so fast, but Paul made it so easy. Maybe he was a changed man?

Everything he said and everything he did was out of the kindness of his heart. He wore his on his sleeve, and yet mine still had a brick wall around it, slowly falling into pieces with every action he had done -every word he spoke, I couldn't help but fall hopelessly into his arms.

When we arrived at his house, he even carried me on his back without question. As awkward as it was, I couldn't find myself to get down until he brought me inside and raced to turn on the lights and rush down the hallway. I stood at the doorway, soaked and cold from the rain, he returned with a towel and a pair of joggers and a t-shirt that was a bit big for even me.

"Bathroom is down the hallway, first door on the left. " Paul informed me as he left once again.

I nodded and made my way down the hallway.

Once I entered the bathroom, I grabbed my phone to text Bonnie, but the thing died and ended up just as soaked as I was.

After drying my hair and my body, I pulled on the baggy clothes and gathered my wet clothes and made my way back to the living area where Paul was packing in a few blocks of wood to get the fire going. He hadn't said a word but smiled as I sat on the couch where he told me I could cover up with the blanket.

"Do you have a phone I can use?" I asked before he went back outside, "I should call Bonnie and aunt Tiffany before they worry."

"Yeah, in the kitchen on the wall." He pointed in the direction.

As I dialed, I come to realize that it was the same place as before, but much cleaner and a bit empty. Paul had a TV, couch, and a recliner in the living area. The walls were bare, the table sat in the middle of the dining room, unused and a bit dusty

"Hello?" Bonnie answered.

"Hey, it's me!" I said.

"Where are you? I was beginning to worry since you hadn't answered your phone." She spoke a mile a minute, "how come you're not answering your phone?"

"I'm at Paul's." I replied, trying to whisper in the receiver, "my phone is dead, I'm guessing the rain had something to do with it since the stupid thing was soaked."

"Are you coming home tonight?" She asked.

"No, I don't think so." I replied a bit nervous, "I told Paul I'd spend the night."

"Is that a good idea?" she asked unsurely.

"I don't know," I admitted, "but if you need me, you guys know where to find me."

"Okay, be safe!" She giggled.

"Ugh, you're sick, Bon," I laughed.

"That's not what I meant," she fended, "but now that you mentioned it."

"Goodnight." I interrupted.

"Goodnight B, love you." She chirped.

"Love you too."

By then, Paul had already started the fire in the fireplace. It didn't take a genius to know that he hardly used that either. I was beginning to think that Paul was barely here himself. The place almost seemed like it had were abandoned, only used when the time was needed.

"You should be warm soon enough." He informed, now taking off his jacket and his boots. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Sure." I smiled, sitting on the couch again and wrapping the blanket around me as I watched the flames slowly dance in the fireplace.

Not long, he came back in his pajama pants and a muscle shirt. He offered to make some hot chocolate while he told me to pick out a movie to watch. The fact that I was tired didn't seem to stop me either; I was looking forward to spending more time with Paul, even if that meant I was too tired to do it.

It took longer than I expected to pick out a movie since he had nothing but old action movies and those of the horror variety. So I settled on an action flick.

He handed me the hot mug before sitting next to me. I didn't expect him to sit close to me, but I didn't say anything. It felt good to feel the heat coming from him, too, which made me wonder if the heat coming from the fire was a bit much for him.

"Does the fire bother you?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Not really. But once it gets hotter, you'll know once I start taking these off." He pulled on his shirt and pants. I probably seemed uncomfortable. "It was a joke."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Well you can open the window if it does, I don't mind. I can at least warm up where it looks like you guys take a while to cool down."

"Well, I am pretty hot most of the time." He chuckled. "Pun intended."

"Do you all use that joke?" I laughed, "I'm sure that puts a foot in the mouth at times."

"I wouldn't know." He shrugged, "I don't think the other's are hot."

"I don't know," I smirked, "I have to admit that I was looking in the beginning."

"No, you weren't." He sounded so sure, "they were nothing compared to me."

"Conceited?" I took a sip, "not so sure about that."

"Not conceited." He sat up, "just confident."

"Okay, I'll change the subject." I smiled as I placed my mug on the coffee table. The movie had already begun at a low volume. "What about your pack? How did you end up being a part of it?"

"It's not something I joined; it's nothing like a cult." He leaned back.

"I didn't mean it in that way. I just wondered how it all happened to you."

"Well." He placed his hand on my knee; I looked for a moment before he moved it again to the side, "well, I was the third to phase."

"Really? Who was the first?"

"Sam." He continued, "his story on being the first is entirely different from how we all started. Since he is the oldest, he was the first to phase, but that didn't mean he was born alpha. But he was our alpha in the beginning. When he phased, he ran in fear of what he was and disappeared for a couple of weeks. I was too much in my world to even realize any of this. But when he came back, we sure the hell noticed him."

"How?"

"He began to walk around like he owned everything, cocky bastard flaunted everything walking around with his jean shorts and nothing else." He smirked and chuckled nervously. "And he was taller a gained quite a bit of muscle."

"Am I sensing a bit of jealousy?" I teased.

"Hell yeah." He admitted with a laugh, "it was messing with my game at the time, every chick wanted him, but Leah had him at the time. They envied her, and we envied Sam for playing like the idiot and not noticing any of the other girls. But that changed soon when he imprinted on Emily. I thought it was messed up how he was so in love with Leah at the time, and just in a blink of an eye, Emily was his world. Then Jared phased."

"I'm guessing he started flaunting it?" I teased.

"Yeah, and It pissed me off even more because I was his best friend." He continued, "when he phased, he wasn't allowed to talk to me. He abandoned me because of alpha orders, and I was left to myself, pissed off with the world and even more pissed that Jared was the talk of the rez too."

"Then, you phased?"

"Yeah." He smiled again, "when I phased, I panicked. I didn't know what was going on, and I thought I was going crazy the moment I saw my wolf's reflections staring back at me. But I soon adjusted after being reacquainted with Jared and getting to know just who Sam was. But then came the consequences of it. The constant heat, the anger, the sharing of our thought's in our wolf forms, and I used to say imprinting."

"But you don't anymore?" I asked unsurely.

"With Rachel, she made me hate the idea of it. Because she was such a bitch to me, I thought I was screwed in this whole deal. I thought that I was being punished for all the shit I cause with the girls in my past." He said, only stopping when he realized what he said.

"It was only girls in the beginning, right?"

"Yes." He leaned forward and leaned his elbows on his knees, staring down at the floor, "only because I never really looked at another man."

"But you never were attracted to another guy before me though?" I wasn't even sure I wanted to know his answer.

"No." He stared at me. "You want the truth?" He turned to me, "no, I never did look at another man until you. Whether it is the imprint or not -whatever it was, I felt it in the beginning; the moment I met you. You don't get it when I say this, Brandon. When you imprint on someone, no other should matter to us, but for some damn reason, you did. You gave me some hope to move forward."

"I didn't mean to upset you," I said in a dead tone.

"You didn't." He replied, frustrated. "Look B, I admit, this all still scares me, but I haven't been so sure that this is it, that you're it. You need to trust me, and I will never break that promise."

"I do," I muttered. "In some crazy way, I do."

Nothing much was left to be said after that. We had been conversing since the beginning of the date I was sure that we had enough to tell each other's stories. Often Paul would stare at me figuring I hadn't noticed; I guess something I would have to get used to. Then there was the dozing off. Try as I might, I found myself exhausted and just wanting to sleep, so I did. My eyes closed before I could fight the sleep.

I wish I could say I was heading to dreamland this time.

I knew I'd be back here.

The darkness. The eerie atmosphere, the fog dancing across the grey ground, the chill that snuck up on you; all of it felt so real.

The same trail led me to my destination. This time, I knew where I was going. This time maybe I could make sure that I get to the point a lot quicker rather than questioning our situation. Whoever was after Elena, perhaps we could reveal the next one too.

'It's about time!' I turned to see Bonnie with Elena in tow, 'I had to go looking for Elena while waiting for you.'

'It's not like I did it on purpose.' I said in defense. 'Have you seen anything yet?'

'Nothing.' Bonnie replied.

'Something's not right.' Elena interrupted.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'I don't know, but I've been hiding because I can't help but get the feeling that something is out there.' She looked panicked. 'I can explain it, but it doesn't feel good. I haven't seen any of the others yet either.'

'Are they hiding too?' Bonnie asked.

'I'm sure of it.' Elena replied, 'the last time you left, it was as if the atmosphere shifted into a darker phase, when I seen the others disappear, I knew I had to.'

'We need to find the others!' Bonnie demanded, I nodded and began to walk faster to the clearing, hoping something or someone would show up.

'It's here!' Elena panicked, holding onto Bonnie's arm and mine. 'It's close by.'

We stood still, waiting for anything to appear in the shadows at least until we felt the intense shiver run through us. Something wasn't right. And if we couldn't find the others, it could be a possibility that we might be too late.

Then the hollering came. Unsure of whom it could be, we stayed on the lookout. Watching our surroundings, we watched the direction where the voice was coming from, one that neither of us was familiar with. It was a man; I was sure of it now. That was until we could hear the howls of a wolf.

For the first time, what was a sizeable shadowy figure coming towards us began to change into a human shape quickly? We knew by then it was a shapeshifter. At first, I worried that it might be Paul, but I would have recognized his voice as the man shouted at us to hide.

By the time his face came into view, he was shoving us in the opposite direction and moving us deeper into the forest.

'What's going on?' Bonnie and I asked.

'I don't know what it is, but it's not good.' The man spoke.

Following him, I still had a hard time getting a clear image of his features, knowing that it had to be one of Sam's pack brother's, but who? Everything was happening so fast that we could hear a roar in the distance. The man had finally led us to a hidden area where he told us to stay put.

'What about you?' I asked him.

'I'll be fine.' He muttered as peeked out, 'I have to go back and find the other one.'

'One what?' Bonnie asked in a panic.

'I don't know, but I get the strong feeling I know who it is.' He replied about to leave, 'now stay here! I have to go.'

It was then I finally was able to see who it was. The man looked distraught, worried, and doubtful -just as panicked as we were. With one glance, I questioned him.

'Jacob? Jacob Black?'

It was a nightmare. I was sweating by the time I had woken up. I had no clue of my whereabouts, just that it was a dark room with the window shining the dimness of the moonlight. It was still the middle of the night, and I was a bit shook from the adrenaline. I needed to know why and what happened, and why Jacob Black was protecting us from someone or something.

Then the door creaked open. I turned to find Paul standing there, in the shadows, asking me if I was okay. As I sat up, he moved in closer and sat next to me. The thing was, I wasn't sure if I'd be okay, or that I could answer him honestly. I needed that comfort, but I didn't know how to tell him. Maybe he knew since he moved in closer and wrapped his arms around me, shushing me and letting me know that everything was going to be okay. I didn't know that I was still crying.

My hands gripped onto his shirt, and I moved in closer until I was nuzzled right into his chest. Before I could comprehend what exactly was happening, he lifted me until I was lying next to him. My head now rested on his bicep as he wrapped his massive frame around me.

I couldn't mutter a word. The more I thought about it all, the more disturbing it was for me. Even though it was Jacob haunting my dreams with his fears, it almost felt that I should be worried about Paul -like I should be protecting him too.

The morning came sooner than I could recall, I fell asleep in Paul's arms, not realizing I was more drained than I thought. By then, Paul woke me up to bring me home, refusing to leave me alone when he was sure that something was up. It wouldn't take him long to hear about this either, and I didn't know how to explain any of it to him.

When I arrived at the Call house, aunt Tiffany already had breakfast prepared. Bonnie had already been on her second cup of coffee, looking a bit distracted and unsettled as I was. Inevitably the discussion would pick up, but I needed to say bye to Paul before she started asking me questions.

"Are you going to be okay?" His hands were on my waist as he leaned down, his chin resting lightly on my head. I nodded. "I shouldn't be too long; my patrols should be only for a few hours since the others are still in training."

"Be safe?" I muttered as I rubbed my cheek to the back of his hand.

"Always," he grinned as he kissed my cheek, leaving a warm sensation before disappearing into the tree lines.

"G' morning sweetie," aunt Tiffany handed me a coffee before offering a muffin.

"Is it that good?" I asked curiously, mostly for Bonnie's attention.

"It should be," she smiled with a giggle, "Paul did in fact, just bring you home."

"We didn't do anything." I defended. "We just talked."

Thankfully, the subject changed, and they minded their own business. I wasn't really up to reminiscing about the date when it seemed that we were at a deadline with whatever the hell was going on, which made me wonder, how Kai was able to strengthen his abilities so much when it seems to be taking us a while. How did he get in touch with the spirit realms and practically take control of the portals? It wasn't making sense.

"I've got nothing." Bonnie exclaimed, "the more I think about what we saw, the more worried I am. If something is after us, or this Jacob guy, then what can we do? For once, I'm lost."

I shrugged. "I think we awakened the spirits," I admitted. "Whatever it is, could be a danger to all of us."

"But who else was it he had to save?" Bonnie asked, "he mentioned that there was another out there that needed his help, but I don't think he knew."

"Renesmee?" Tiffany questioned. "I think that's her name — his imprint. Usually when something like this happens, if he felt the need to be there, then it usually has to do with a wolf's imprint. Maybe she's the other one."

"Could be." Bonnie sat in thought. "But what does this all have to do with Elena?"

"Well assuming that this Renesmee is the last piece to this puzzle, how does she fit in with the rest." I began to wonder, "we have the two of us, Elena, Jacob... but there's still one missing."

"Well, what about you two?" Aunt Tiffany asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"How did you feel?" I looked at Bonnie.

"Nothing."

"Worried," I admitted. "Like I should've gone with Jacob. Like I needed to be somewhere too; as if someone needed me."

"Could the other be Paul?" She asked.

I looked at my aunt for a moment in worry, "I was afraid of that."

"Really?" Bonnie looked confused. "How?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "but I can tell you how relieved I was when I saw Paul the moment I woke up." I muttered, "honestly, it felt as if I had already lost him, and I still barely know him."

"It's the imprint." Aunt Tiffany explained, "it's running it's coarse. Everything you face from here on, you will face with him. Perhaps you're the reality of what could happen."

"What do you mean Tiff?" Bonnie asked.

"I still believe it has something to do with what Brandon had done with Paul." She poured another cup of tea. "When Brandon came here, we almost lost hope until he was able to call out to Paul and break the chains that imprisoned Paul. Maybe another imprint needs to be broken?" She looked a bit suspicious as she sipped on her tea.

"Do you mean Jacob?" I asked.

"But why break Jacob's imprint? Hasn't there been enough of that?" Bonnie asked.

"All I'm saying is that it could be possible. The more I think about it, the more I can think about how everyone didn't approve of the imprint in the first place." Tiffany debated. "Jake caught so much flack for it, and Embry was finding it hard to stick up for him when he felt that something wasn't right."

"How do they feel now about the imprint?" I asked.

"Unsure." She responded almost blankly, "Sam had to enforce a few rules to be safe. She may be Jacob's imprint, but she's still not allowed across our boundary lines, but pack laws still protect her."

"But you said she's half-human you said?" Bonnie thought out, her reaction as if she had an idea.

"Yeah." Aunt Tiffany shrugged nonchalantly.

"So her heart still beats?" Again, she nodded. "Knowing the gist of it all, I can only understand that she may be a part of this, after all."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Before Bonnie could explain her theories, Embry came charging through the door in a rush, racing towards me as he grabbed me without question, dragging me along with him before explaining the chaos.

"You need to come quickly!" He demanded as I followed.

"What's going on?" I asked in a panic.

"It's the Tyler guy!" He began pulling his shorts off, "he's been intruding and come across Paul's path; it doesn't look good." Before I could respond, he ordered. "Get on!"

In a flash, in place of Embry was a grey wolf, kneeling forward for me to climb on. By this time, Bonnie and Tiffany were climbing into Bonnie's car to follow us. In a breakneck pace, Embry had already begun running. To keep from falling, I stayed as close as I could to his body, holding onto his fur on the side as I ducked my head and watched as everything passed in a blur.

Just as I was sure we were arriving at the scene, Embry let out a howl. As everything came into sight, I could see the pack standing in attack mode, watching intently just as sure as I saw two wolves tumble across the forest's ground. Caroline and Damon were even there, but they seem to stay in their place as they shouted for Tyler to stop, only to fall upon deaf ears.

My adrenaline had already shifted into gear by the time Embry stopped abruptly, almost sending me flying if I hadn't caught a grip and landed beside him. With a quiet apology, I ran towards the fighting wolves.

"Are you crazy!" Caroline blocked me, protecting me from falling in the line of the collision, pushing the pair in the opposite direction.

"I have to try something!" I maneuvered myself around her before she could grab me.

Everything was happening so fast that I didn't have time to see any of the others respond. I figured that Paul and Tyler would realize that I was here, but that hasn't stopped them from their feud. I was freaking out about this time, unsure what I could do other than having to interfere myself.

"I said, STOP!"

Just as they came close, I swung my arms until my palms clashed, sending a sound wave that was sure to bother those in a mile's radius. Regretfully, everyone felt it. I even felt guilty that both Paul and Tyler collapsed in pain as the sound reached their ears. It was almost like an echo of a whistle, making everyone grip onto their ears as they practically fell to the ground in pain.

All I could do was watch the others gather their composure.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" I asked, upset.

Vote and Comment?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

69.2K 1.2K 30
"What is making you act this way towards me? Is it Sam?" He doesn't meet my eyes. "Just drop it Gemma, there is no future with me. We can't do this a...
1.1M 47.8K 28
{Completed} Break-ups are hard. They are even harder when you have a jealous ex who refuses to let you move on. Carter was heartbroken when his boyf...
442K 13.3K 27
❝her blood sings for them, and that is way more dangerous than being involved with shapeshifters❞ In which Genevieve returns home after her fath...
32.8K 936 44
❛ 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❜ ⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the broke...