Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 3

14.2K 396 163
By JillNapier

Disclaimer: This is a fanfiction, I only own what I come up with, everything else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Please feel free to vote and comment people :) Seriously...like rape the vote button! And comment freely! it makes my day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

I packed my rucksack excitedly and eagerly as I thought about going back to school. Regardless of this going to be a terrible year, what with the imminent death of a beloved headmaster and the possible doom of the wizarding world due to my father...I'm excited to go to school. Why? Because I hate being around stuffy deatheaters...that's why. They are so thick. They are so vile. They aren't my type of people at all. I can truthfully say that I'm 100% ready to leave Malfoy Manor. I will walk out of this place head held high, but the second I'm in the train compartment I'm going to start screaming with happiness about my freedom.

I picked up Jenna who was currently rolling around on the hardwood floor in tight circles. She was so adorably silly. It's refreshing, especially seeing as most of the death eaters have no sense of humor. They are either scared they will be blasted off their feet by my father and I. Or they take being a death eater so seriously that they feel the need to be serious about every freaking thing. Then you have death eaters like Bellatrix, who are kind of messed up in the head...and their sense of humor revolves around torturing people and putting them through pain...yeah Bellatrix that's loads of fun...very funny. Note the sarcasam.

I put Jenna in her cage and let Hamilton out to fly to the owlery. He usually prefers to fly there, I guess he likes to stretch his wings more than sitting cooped up in a cage. I don't blame him.

I made sure I had all my things together before I made my way downstairs with all my stuff. When I got downstairs, I noticed it was a lot less crowded.

" Where is everybody?" I said to my father who was staring intently into the fireplace.

" They are off destroying a muggle bridge." My father said never looking away from the fire.

" Fun stuff."I said emotionlessly as I put my stuff down and walked toward my father.

I stared down into the fireplace like him before saying " Do you see anything interesting? I for one see nothing."

" Ha ha. Very funny." My father said without any emotion, but you could tell he was a tad amused. " Now, are you ready to go to school? You've got all your belongings? Your pink puff thingy-ma-jigg? Books? Robes?"

I fought off the urge to roll my eyes. No dad, I decided to walk around naked at school, and decided that books had no place in school. " Yes. I've got everything. And she's a pygmy puff...and she's lavender, not pink ."

" It doesn't matter. Anyway. Have a good year. Keep a good eye on Potter for me, Dumbledore too." My father said finally looking up at me.

A normal person wouldn't be able to tell very easily that my father cared about me. He's naturally a very cold person. But my fathers closest death eaters and I can tell...like now for instance. You can see the careing love for me in his eyes, no matter how much he tries to mask it in front of others. It's suck an obvious spark, it's beautiful to see, even if his eyes are red and scary too look at. When I see him look at me like this...I can't help but hope for him, hope that he will see the light one of these days.

It was when I see this spark that I can momentarily forget that he killed mum. Killed numerous others. I try not to hold that against him because It's obvious he has no heart for anyone, aside from me. If you were heartless, you'd probably be off killing people too.

I leaned down and hugged my father and he hugged me back. He squeezed me reassuringly and I said " I'll keep an eye on them...and please father...if Draco isn't able to do the task...go easy on him...for me."

I saw a hint of annoyance in his eyes but it quickly went away. " Sure. Depends on how he conducts himself. I still want to see some progress coming from him."

" Of course." I nodded before walking back to my stuff.

" Ava?" My father called as I was halfway to my stuff.

" yeah?" I asked.

" Have a good school year. I love you." My father said sincerely.

" I love you too, dad." I smiled.

He nodded his head in contentment before he went back to staring at the fireplace.

I smiled even wider and grabbed my stuff and walked outside to Narcissa and Draco. Seeing as I'm not allowed to apparate, I have to do side-along apparition with Narcissa...which is retarded cuz I've been apparating all summer. My father is powerful enough to cover it up and to busy the Ministry by making chaos is both the muggle and wizarding worlds. So the workers have no time to do a simple case of illgal apparition for under age witches and wizards.

Anyway...dad did this to play it safe.

Narcissa and Draco smiled warmly at me as I walked out and brought my stuff over.

" Um...babe. You may want to put your pygmy puff in your cage." Draco chuckled.

" What are you talking about? I did put her in her cage." I said confusedly.

" Well, it looks like she came out." Narcissa chuckled as she pointed to my head.

I reached my hand to my head and sure enough... felt an extremely soft ball of fur on my head. As soon as I started to touch her, her weird humming purr came into effect.

" You little houdini!!" I scolded lightly as I brought her cute litte face to mine.

Narcissa laughed and she said " As hard as it is to admit it... She really is a cute little thing."

" I know!" I said admiring my pygmy " But I'm still trying to figure out why she likes riding on my head so much. She's always there..."

Draco laughed and came to me and kissed me on the forehead before taking my pygmy puff and putting her back in her cage for me. " Wow she's soft..." He murmured.

" I know right." I exclaimed.

" Now come on. We have a train waiting for us." Draco smiled lightly.

I nodded before checking him out. He was in one of his suits again. Yum.

I grabbed Narcissa's slim hand and felt the familiar squeezing sensation. I hated that. It's bad enough when you apparate alone, but when your with other people...the squeezing just gets that much worse.

We popped up in front of the train and I sighed at the familiar burgandy train. Hogwarts express.

Draco sighed too, but he sounded more sad. Probably because starting now he needs to start thinking of ideas on how to kill Dumbledore and to fix the cabinet.

I pat his arm soothingly before hugging Narcissa goodbye. " Bye Cissy, I'll miss you." I said."

" I'll miss you too! I love you ok? Be safe at school...don't let the future events scare you. You'll have a good year." Narcissa babbled saddly as she fixed my hair and my black clothing.

My eyes watered when she told me she loved me. I haven't heard that coming from a mom-like figure in so long. To long. I knew that Narcissa took it upon herself to mother me, and to treat me like a daughter she's never had. But I never expected to hear those words. Narcissa was truely a magnificent woman. She didn't even care about Draco and I dating when she found out. She was actually ecstatic.

" I love you too." I said with alot of feeling as I threw myself into her arms.

" Oh honey..." Narcissa said soothingly as she patted my hair soothingly.

I saw Draco smile slightly and realized I was making a scene. Oops.

I regained my composure and stepped away from Narcissa with a smile.

I walked toward Draco and said caringly " I'll see you in Hogwarts. Don't stress to much. I love you."

" I love you too, baby. I won't." He said as he hugged me tight " Now go find your friends. I'll be in the Slytherin compartment."

" Ok. Later guys!" I said before lugging my huge rucksack onto the train.

" Don't forget to write to me!" Narcissa yelled toward me before she hugged and kissed her son.

" I won't!" I yelled as I went into the train with my luggage dragging behind me.

I finally found my friends in a compartment and jumped in happily. Ron smiled and took my luggage and put it on the shelf above my head.

" Oh hey Ava...uh...what's on your head??" Harry said as he stared confusedly at my head.

" Ugh...is Jenna on my head again??" I whined. Jenna is a freaking beast, how else is she able to sneak out of her cage and onto my head without me knowing??

" She does that alot??" Ginny giggled as Arnold started to twitch his butt on her shoulder when he saw Jenna.

" Yes! I can never seem to keep her in her cage. Everywhere I go, she always seems to find me and climb onto my head!" I laughed.

" Oh, so that's a pygmy puff." Harry smirked at it. " I didn't think a goth girl like you would like a purple, fluffy, silly thing like that."

" This isn't the real me." I said gesturing to my clothing " You know that very well. This is just a disguise.... and who wouldn't want a pygmy puff, they are awesome!! I mean feel it!!" I said shoving my pygmy puff into Harry's face.

" Wow...that's soft." Harry said in awe as he pet Jenna. She began to hum lowly.

Arnold saw Jenna and began to scurry toward her. When he got to her he takled her and all you could see was a lavender and dark purple ball of fur rolling around playfully.

" They are so cute." Ginny purred " But... I hate to be a downer but I have to meet Dean. Come on Arnold."

Ginny picked Arnold up and said goodbye before leaving the compartment.

" Ugh." Ron said in disgust as he watched her leave. " Her and Dean."

" She is perfectly old enough to date, Ronald." Hermione scolded.

" I don't want to see my sister..." Ron began.

" Quit being overprotective Ron, you wouldn't want her to be all grumpy with you if you started dating." I said hushing him.

" I think Draco's a death eater." Harry said randomly.

" That's insane, mate. Why would You-Know-Who want a bloke like that as a death eater." Ron said.

" I don't know. But Hermione said she saw his dark mark." Harry said.

" I don't know what I saw!" Hermione cried out in annoyance.

Harry leaned back annoyed.

" Why do you care so much??" I asked wrinkling my nose in annoyance. Truthfully, it's creepy how much it's bothering him.

" He can't be up to any good this year." Harry said gruffly.

" Like he's up to good any year. Seriously mate, don't think to much on it." Ron said as he eyed the food trolley as it rolled through.

" I really mean it though! Why was he at Borgin and Burkes??" Harry said rounding on me.

" That's classified information. I'm a spy Harry, and I have strict orders from Dumbledore to keep everything I find out a secret. I'm not just going to up and tell you. I'm smarter than that...come on." I said rolling my eyes.

" He went there on Death Eater business, didn't he??" Harry urged.

" He went there to buy a special edition evil unicorn for his farm of evil animals." I said in a monotonous voice.

Everyone stared at me for a moment before Harry sighed in defeat, realizing I wasn't going to tell him.

" I'm going to the bathroom." Harry growled as he grabbed his robes and his invisability cloak. He tried to conceal it, but I saw it.

Hermione sighed and went back to her book.

" Why does he care so much." she muttered.

" Beats me." I shrugged as I subconciously played with Jenna.

" Where do you suppose he's going." Ron whispered even though we three were the only ones in our compartment.

" To spy on Draco, most likely. Not like he's going to get much information. Draco is smarter than to go around blabbing about his life." I said shaking my head.

" I don't know what you see in the guy. He's a bloody git." Ron growled as he leaned back in his seat.

" Quibbler?" An dreamy voice said.

I smiled at Luna and said " Please?"

I gave her 3 knuts and accepted the Quibbler.

Hermione and I read over a few articles of the recent activity of the death eaters...not like I didn't know before...the death eaters like to brag about their work.

We rode in comfortable silence for an hour before someone came in with a letter.

" Ava..." said a second year boy looking right at me.

" yeah?" I asked.

" Professor Slughorn wished to give you this." The second year said handing me a letter.

It read:

Ava,
       I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.
SIncerely,
Professor H.E.F. Slughorn.

"Who's professor Slughorn?" I asked randomly " And why does he want to see me?"

" Harry said he was a new Professor." Ron said shrugging.

I shrugged and made my way out of the compartment and toward the C compartment. I passed the Slytherins and saw Pansy leaning toward Draco giving him a full view of her chest. He looked surprised. I internally growled and went on.

I walked into the compartment and saw a man who looked remarkably like a walrus.

" Why, you must be....Ava Wilson...Am I correct...Oh I had your mother, she was a brilliant witch, she could do charm work better than anyone I've ever known!! I'm so sorry that she died." Professor Slughorn said excitedly.

"Yeah me too..." I said feeling uncomfortable.

Slughorn waved me to a seat that was across from Blaze, Neville, and Harry. Slughorn slid into the seat beside me and started to talk to the people here.

" Good to see everyone! And you must be Mr.Longbottom?" Slughorn asked Neville.

Neville nodded, looking scared. I looked around at the other seats and saw two seventh years I did not know, and Ginny squashed in a corner looking as though she was not entirely sure how she had got there.

" Does everyone know each other?" Slughorn asked Harry " Blaise Zabini is in your year, of course..."

Zabini did not make any sign of recognition or greeting, nor did Harry: Gryffindor and Slytherin students loathed each other on principle...but I guess it doesn't really count for me seeing as I'm dating a Slytherin.

" This is Cormac McLaggen, perhaps you've come actoss each other...No?"

McLaggen was the guy drooling over Hermione in the joke shop. he was a large wiry-haired youth. He was handsome, but you could see the arrogance leaking out of his eyes. He nodded to all of us in greeting.

" This is Marcus Belby..." Slughorn said.

He was a thin, and nervous looking. He gave a strained smile.

" This is Ava Wilson... She is a striking young lady." Slughorn said appraising me.

" We know her." Harry, Neville and Ginny said at the same time.

I smiled and waved with three fingers at everyone else.

" Lastly, Ginny Weasley... Well now, this is most pleasant. A chance to get to know you all a little better. Here take a napkin. I've packed my own lunch; the trolley, as I remember it, is heavy on licorice wands, and a poor old man's digestive system isn't quite up to such things....pheasant, Belby?"

Belby started and accepted what llooked like half a cold pheasant.

" I was just telling youing Marcus here that I had the pleasure of teaching his Uncle Damocles," Slughorn told us, now passing around a basket of rolls. " Outstanding wizard, outstanding, and his Order of Merlin most well-deserved. Do you see much of your uncle, Marcus?"

" Not...much of him no." He said nervously before taking a large bite out of his roll. I reached into the basket and pulled out a roll and started to nibble at it.

" Well, of course, I daresay he's busy. I doubt he invented the Wolfsbane Potion without considerable hard work." Slughorn said.

" I suppose," said Belby " Er...he and my dad don't get along very well, you see, so I don't really know much about..."

His voice trailed away as Slughorn gave him a cold smile and turned to McLaggen instead.

" Now, you, Cormac." Said Slughhorn " I happen to know you see alot of your uncle Tiberius, because he has a rather splendid picture of the two of you hunting nogtails in, I think, Norfolk?"

" Oh, yeah, that was fun, that was." said McLaggen " We went with Bertie Higgs and Rufus Scrimgeour...this was before he became Minister, obviously."

" Ah, you knBertie and Rufus too?" Beamed Slughorn now offering around small trays of pies; somehow Belby was missed out. " Now tell me..."

I drowned him out and listened to Harry's thoughts. Apparently Slughorn invited people because they were connected to somebody well-known or influential...everyone except for Ginny.

Zabini, who was interrogated after McLaggen, turned out to have a famously beautiful witch for a mother. Apparently she had married 7 times and every time her husband died a mysterious death, that would leave her with a lot of money. It was Neville's turn next: This was a very uncomfortable ten minutes, for Nevilles parents, well known aurors, had been tortured into insandity by Bellatrix Lestrange and a couuple of Death Eater cronies. At the end of the interview, I had the impression that Slughorn was reserving judgement on Neville, yet to see whether he had any of his parent's flair. Next was Harry...Oh dear...you could practically hear the worship in his voice as he talked about his past and of Lilly and James.

" Now on to our two young ladies!" Slughorn said after ten minutes of Harry.

" Ava!! You have amazing abilities I hear...I hear you are always getting all outstandings and you can perform a spell on your first try!"

" Yep." I said simply.

" And is it true you can perform wandless magic??" Slughorn beamed.

I held my palm out and felt a flame in the palm of my hand erupt. It was blue flame. I heard the people around the table gasp and stare. But I just extinguished the flame and went back to eating my tiny pie.

" Absolutely outstanding, my dear girl!! You have absolutely so much potential to be great!"

" Hmmm." I said as I looked away trying to ignore the eyes of the people around me.

" And Miss Weasley! I saw her do an amazing Bat-Bogey Hex as I was passing her carriage! I wouldn't cross her!"

Ginny stared almost disbelievingly at him for a moment before going back to her food.

It felt like that man talked for hours. It probably did. They already turned the train lamps on.

" Oh good gracious it's already dark! You lot, better be off to change into your robes and such!"

I was the first one to run out the the room, same for Ginny.

" He's a strange man. Isn't he." Ginny muttered as we walked toward our compartments.

" Oh yeah." I said as I waved goodbye to Ginny, seeing as she came to Deans compartment.

I walked into the compartment that held Ron, and Hermione.

" Where have you been? You've been gone for hours!" Hermione cried.

" A stupid meeting with the professor." I shrugged.

" Oh, well...we better change into our robes...Ron...come on, we need to change." She said shaking him awake.

" Hermione. I was sleeping." Ron said grumpily as he opened his eyes to glare at her for waking him up.

" That doesn't change the fact that we need to change." Hermione said as she grabbed her robes.

I was quick to follow and grabbed mine before walking out of the compartment. I went into a stall beside Hermione and put on my clothes.

Hermione beat me out before me and I heard her leave the bathroom.

I walked out of my stall, not really in the mood to go back to the compartment just yet. I've been sitting down for hours.

" Well, look who it is! The wretched boyfriend stealer." Pansy snarled at me from the bathroom door.

" What are you talking about." I said feeling alarmed. Did Draco dump her? Did she find out? What if Harry or one of my friends told her...What if a death eaters child found out I was with Draco and they told Pansy.

" Oh, don't be dim!" Pansy growled coming toward me " It doens't take a genius to know that there is something between Draco and you!!"

" Whatever." I said turning around and grabbing my brush from my purse to brush my long dark hair.

Pansy sniffled a little bit trying to hold back tears, but I could plainly see that her anger was stronger than her hurt.

" Draco has been growing distant from me for nearly two years!!! He hardly even looks at me, and  he won't so much as touch me anymore! He always stares over at the Gryffindor table...excuse me...YOU at the Gryffindor table. He gets mad at me when I try to hold his hand...he sneaks off from the Slytherin common room more often, and I KNOW that you're stealing him away from me!!" Pansy ranted.

" I'm sorry if Draco's being a jerk toward you, but I assure you...I am in no way connected into that. I'm not with Draco. Maybe you should just talk to him about it." I said as I put my brush away.

" UGH! Do you not get it?! I already know about the two of you!! I just want to let you know that you won't have him for long...because I've got some new tricks up my sleeves. Draco will be mine!! Draco Malfoy will be mine by the end of the year...he won't ever think twice about you ever again! So spend as much time with him as you can...because he will be gone soon." Pansy snarled as she left the bathroom dramatically.

I hesitantly watched Pansy leave the bathroom. Truthfully, I was a little unsettled. Pansy...well, she didn't look so pug-like anymore. She was actually pretty, like she went through a makeover. I fidgeted with the strap of my purse before letting the subject go. If I can't trust Draco about him leaving me, then our relationship will fall apart. Pansy may think Draco will crawl to her in time, but Draco has made it quite plain to me that he only loves me. That no one could replace me.

Even if he was in love with Pansy in his first and second year....

Stop, stop....I have to quit freaking myself out. Draco woulndn't fall for her again...

I pulled my purse over my shoulder and walked out of the bathroom and into our compartment.

" You took awhile in the bathroom." Ron chuckled as he held back laughter.

" Pansy held me back, you moron." I said rolling my eyes.

" Oh...you ok?" Hermione asked me in concern.

I shrugged. I didn't want to lie.

" What did she say?" Ron growled " If you want me to go curse her, all you gotta do is ask."

" Thanks Ron...but if anyone would have the honor of cursing her...it would be me." I said laughing lightly.

Ron smiled and said " My offer is still up though..."

I nodded as I sat down next to Jenna who was sound asleep on Hermione's lap.

" Is Harry seriously not back??" I asked suddenly.

" Nope." Ron said as he unwrapped a chocolate frog. Hmm he must have bought some.

Hermione and I shared a look before we felt the train start to slow down.

Hermione and Ron were about to leave the compartment when they saw I hadn't moved.

" You coming?" Ron asked.

" Yeah...I'll be behind you soon." I nodded.

" Well, ok...we'll save you a seat on the carriage." Hermione waved and left.

I waited til the sound of feet had died down before leaving toward the Slytherin compartment.

I noticed that the blinds were pulled down and felt immediately angry at Harry. He just never learns. No matter how many times Harry gets punished for being nosy, he never learns.

I opened the door and felt a fuzzy feeling. I looked toward the floor and could feel the magic. What can I say? I'm one of the most powerful witches in existance...if not ..THE most powerful witch in existance.

 Harry was probably petrified and under his invisablity cloak. I bent down and felt for the cloak and saw him staring up at me. Yep, definitely petrified. And he had a bloody nose, it looked broken. Ouch.

" Harry...I'm really mad at you you know." I said feeling worn out and stressed. I wish Harry would just listen to me for once. " Leave Draco alone, please. Do you not trust me enough to leave the situation to me? It's my job to watch over him and your making it difficult. You don't always have to be in charge."

I heard light footsteps enter the compartment and immediately knew it was Luna. She had the lightest footsteps.

" Luna...will you please help Harry... I think he's petrified."

" Of course." Luna said dreamily.

I didn't wait for her to help Harry, I hurried out and met with Hermione and Ron. We got on the last carriage and made our way to the castle.

" Where do you think Harry is." Hermione worried.

" I'm sure he's fine." I said still feeling irritated.

I'm sure my anger is probably unsensable to you. But I have a lot of stress in my life right now. I have a boyfriend who is having to do a horrible mission for my evil wizard of a father...and if he fails to do it...he dies....then there is a girl who is trying to steal my boyfriend. Then there is Harry being an annoying prick obessing over my boyfriend who shouldn't be having to worry about being caught. Then after all this, I'm feeling depressed because Dumbledore is going to die this year. I can only handle so much!!

Hermione continued to worry and fret about Harry until we got to the great hall. I actually put in one of those patented dream charms just to drown her out, she was annoying.

When I woke from my awesome dream about being in the Twilight saga as Alec's mate, I blinked to see Hermione hitting Ron with a book.

" How are you eating!! Your best friend is missing!!!" Hermione cried.

" Turn around you lunatic." Ron said staring at Harry.

I held in my laugh. Ron really was funny.

" Why is it is he always covered in blood." Ginny asked softly.

" At least it's his own this time." Ron said as Harry sat down imbetween Hermione and Ginny.

I watched as Ginny got a napkin and started to dab at Harry's bloody nose. I did a mental ' AWWWW.'

They ended up looking awkwardly away.

I watched the sorting unseeingly, and ate without tasting anything. I was a walking zombie and ready for bed.

After we ate, the headmaster stood up and began talking about how Lord Voldemort was back and how he has taken extra care in the protection of the school.
I saw a few people stare over at me when Dumbledore talked about Lord Voldmort. What are they staring at? They couldn't know he's my father...right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
304K 10K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
1.1M 47.7K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 53.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...