Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

Please vote and comment! Pretty please with sugar on top!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

I was so relieved that McGonagall was taking us seriously. I didn't hesitate, I ran into my room and grabbed my robe and put it on before I ran into the common room to meet McGonagall.

" Weasley, you ought to come too," Professor McGonagall said up to Ron who was staring down at us from the stairs with a scared expression.

Ron ran up to put on his robe too and ran back downstairs anxiously.

We followed Professsor McGonagall past the silent figures of our fellow 5th years and out of the common room, through the portrait hole, and off along the Fat lady's moonlit corridor. I felt as though the panic inside me might spill over at any moment; I wanted to run, to yell for Dumbledore. Mr. Weasley was bleeding as we walked along sedately... and what if those fangs had been poisonous?? In a few minutes we had reached the stone gargoyles guarding the entrance to Dumbledores office.

" Fizzing Whizbee." Professor McGonagall said.

The gargoyle sprung to life and leapt aside; the wall behind it split in two to reveal a stone staircase that was moving continuously upward like a spiral escalator. The four of us stepped onto the moving stairs; the wall closed behind us with a thud and we were moving upward in tight circles until we reached the highly polished oak door with the brass knocker shaped like a griffin.

Though it was now well past midnight, there were voices coming from inside the room, a positive babble of them. It sounded like Dumbledore was entertaining at least a dozen of people.

Professor rapped on the door three times with the griffin knocker, and the voices ceased abruptly as though someone had switched them all off. The door opened of it's own accord and Professor McGonagall led Harry, Ron, and I inside.

The room was in half darkness; the strange silver instruments standing on the tables were silent and still. The portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses covering the walls were all snoozing in their frames. Behind the door, a magnificent red-and-gold bird the size of a swan dozed on its perch with its head under its wing.

" Oh, it's you,Professor McGonagall....and...ah..." Dumbledore said quite unhappily as he caught sight of Harry.

Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk; he leaned forward into the pool of candlelight illuminating the papers in front of him. His eyes were fixed intently upon Professor McGonagall.

" Professor Dumbledore, Potter and Wilson has had a...well nightmare," McGonagall said " They say.."

" It wasn't a nightmare." I said at once.

McGonagall looked around at Harry and I, frowning slightly. "  Very well, then, go on and tell the headmaster about it.

" I...well...we were asleep..." said Harry desperately.

I could feel Harrys irritation that Dumbledore wasn't looking at him and I felt nervous. Harry's temper was rising.

" But it wasn't an ordinary dream...it was real... I saw it happen..." He took a deep breath, " Ron's dad...Mr. Weasley...has been attacked by a giant snake."

The words seemed to reverberate in the air after he had said them. There was a pause in which Dumbledore leaned back.and stared meditatively at the ceiling. Ron looked from Harry to Dumbledore, white-faced and shocked.