Jet Black Heart•Kol Mikaelson

By everlovleyjewel

ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ɪ'ᴅ sɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs sᴛᴀʀɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ғʟᴀᴍᴇs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ... More

prologue
Cast
•new year, new secret•
•the brother•
•other guys•
•the date•
•halloween fright•
•road trip•
•other girls•
•his inocence•
•triple date•
•all i need•
•isobel•
•strong feelings•
•la mére•
•bad timing•
•ruined him•
•brother•
•nothing•
•dinner ends with a date•
•1960•
•originals•
•the code•
•wolf hunt•
•chicago•
•senior year•
•the ex ghost•
•homecoming•
•bad birthday's•
•dinner wakes•
•give me love•
•letting go•
•understand•
•remade•
•the bond•
•danger magnet•
•new hunter•
•selfish•
•pain of the past•
•truth•
•she loved, so she lost•
•the deal•
•save myself•

•162 candles•

6.5K 150 43
By everlovleyjewel

"ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ."

~ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ 'ʙᴏʜᴇᴍɪᴀɴ ʀʜᴀᴘsᴏᴅʏ'

I found myself knocking on the Gilbert Door very earlier in the morning. I waited a day since everything happened but I though it was time to go see him.

Jenna answered the door with her usual friendly smile.

"Hey Jenna?" I said and Jenna just smiled.

"He's studying. Jermey is studying. Can you believe it caused I can't." Jenna said with a chuckle.

She led me inside and I found him sitting at the dining room table.

I stood aside and just watched as he was so deeply concentrating on the work in front of him.

I still felt terrible, it reminded me as if it was Mikey. If it would of been in front of him.

That's why I insist on keeping him out of this.

"Elena and Bonnie are upstairs. But I have a feeling you didn't come to see them." Jenna whispered with a wink before walking away.

I took a deep breath before leaving the Gilbert house and driving over to see Stefan. It was about time I settled whatever this was especially since I know I won't kill him.

The door was answered by a blonde woman with a nice smile.

"Hey, your way to pretty to be knocking on these bozos door." She said causing me to laugh.

"Where are my manners I'm Lexi. Now are you Elena or Allison?" She asked and I smiled.

"Alli. Nice to meet you." I said and she nodded for me to walk inside.

"You too." She said and behind her I saw Stefan coming downstairs.

"I see you met Lexi." Stefan said walking over. She noticed the tension between the two and decided it was best to exit quickly.

"Another vampire Stefan! Do you actually mistake my kindness for weakness?" I questioned.

"No, no. Lexi is my best friend she's just in town for tonight and she's the one who got me on the animal diet." Stefan explained and I sighed.

"If anyone dies-" I started but he cut me off.

"I promise Alli." He said and I nodded.

"Don't forget to invite her to the party." Lexi said causing Stefan and I to turn to see her watching us on the stairs.

"What party?" I asked raising a brow at him.

"At the Grill, Caroline's throwing it and Damon wants us to go." Stefan said and Lexi smirked.

"Your leaving out the best part. It's his birthday." She said and he sent her a glare.

"Oh. Now I kinda feel bad for attacking you." I said and he smiled.

"It's fine Alli really." Stefan said and I nodded.

"Well I'm gonna get going." I said and turned to leave but stopped.

"Oh and Stefan. Happy Birthday." I said and with one last smile I left.

At the Grill the party was in full swing when Caroline walked over to Bonnie and I.

"Bonnie I've been looking for you. I'm totally sorry to do this I know it's so Indian giver and I know we're not even supposed to say that anymore but I need my crystal back." Caroline said.

"Why? You said you hated it." Bonnie asked confused and slightly uncomfortable.

"Then I saw it on you and I realize how great it is, and I've got three outfits I can coordinate it with so...." She trailed off.

"I can't give it back to you." Bonnie stared.

"Well, I didn't want to tell you this but I'm your friend, when you wear it makes you look fat. There I said it, but it's because I'm your friend so..." Caroline said and my eyes widened.

"Caroline!" I said and she just shrugged.

"I'm sorry Caroline, I can't." Bonnie said and went to walk away but she stopped her.

"What do you mean you can't Bonnie it's mine." Caroline said growing irritated.

"I thought you said it was Damon's." I questioned and Caroline just looked dazed.

"It is." She replied quietly.

"So he's the one who really wants it back." I said she looked stuck for an answer.

"No. Maybe, just..." She trailed off before trying to rip it from Bonnie's neck causing her to get shocked.

"Are you wearing polyester?" Caroline asked.

"You were really gonna pull it from my neck. What the hell is wrong with you?" Bonnie snapped before walking away.

I walked over to the bar and took a seat. My parents got back in town this morning and said that uncle Ric's coming to town.

Apparently the vampire that killed his wife was here so after the party I had to go meet him at his apartment.

"Jenna said you stopped by this morning." Elena said with a light smile as she stood beside me.

"Just checking on Jermey since." I trailed off as Lexi came to the bar.

"Two shots of tequila. Make that four." Lexi said smiling at us.

"I need to see some ID." The bartender said and so Lexi compelled him otherwise causing Elena to walk away..

Lexi handed me a drink with a sweet smile.

"So I take it Elena's not your biggest fan." I said as I was drinking the shot.

"She may or may not of found me in a towel at the house." She said and I chuckled.

"I know your an Argent but hunter or not don't let that keep being the greatest friend you'll probably ever have in your life." Lexi said with a small smile before skipping over to Elena with a shot in hand.

I was soon joined by Damon who just ordered me a drink and silently slid it over.

We sat in silence until my dad  walked over and took a seat beside me.

"Chris." Damon said with a smirk as he nodded to the man.

"Damon. She's a little to young to be drinking." He said sliding the drink away from me.

"Yeah but she had a rough one yesterday and she's a good kid." He said and I looked at him confused as he sent me a wink.

Lexi walked over and placed some shots in front of Damon who just looked at her confused.

While they talked I looked over to my dad.

"Since when have you known Damon?" I asked him.

"Liz introduced us today. Listen there's one in here Liz is gonna have a witness point them out." He said and I turned around nervously.

I watched as the girl who stood beside Liz pointed to Damon and Lexi.

"Dad wait." I went to say but he was already injecting Lexi with vervain.

"What are you doing?!" Damon exclaimed.

"Thank you for the vervain; now if you'll excuse me." Liz said and her and my dad escorted Lexi out.

I went to follow them out but my dad stopped me.

"Wait in here. You don't want to cause a scene in front of your friends." He said before leaving causing a deputy to block the door.

I followed Stefan and Elena outside a back door. I watched Damon stake her with the wooden point my dad handed him.

As I connected eyes with my dad I knew I could come out of the hidden alley.

"Did you know her?" He asked and I looked at Damon.

"Can't say I did?" I said giving him a look in disgust.

"Why don't you head over to see your uncle." My dad said and I just nodded before proceeding to my car.

At the apartment there were still a few boxes with odds and ends but everything else seemed to have found there place.

"Did you find a job?" I asked him as I poured two cups of coffee.

"Your dad didn't tell you.." He trailed off.

"I'm your new history teacher." He said and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You better not wind up like the last one because there's no bourbon where we're going." I said and he chuckled.

•••🖤•••

In history class the next day, I walked in and left a '#1 teacher' mug on Ric's new desk before taking my seat.

"Good Morning everyone." Ric's said before turning around and writing his name on the chalkboard.

"Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce "Alaric" but it's "Alaric," okay? So, you can call me Ric. I'm your new history teacher." Ric said and a few laughs were spread in the room.

I was listening to Bonnie explain her crazy dream to Elena when I  was cut off by Tyler tapping on my shoulder.

"Didn't know my girlfriend was such a teachers pet." He said and I laughed.

"He's my dad's distant cousin but we're close so I call him uncle Ric. We were at his house this summer." I explained and Tyler nodded.

"But Matt said you were hanging out at the Duke Campus all summer." Tyler said and chuckled.

"He lives right by it but there's more to collage than frat parties and beer pong Ty." I said and he gave a reassured smile.

After school I hung out with Tyler
until I got a call from Bonnie about a slumber party at Elena's.

I guess it wasn't super upset about being a few minutes late. I mean I missed some fighting but then again I arrived right in the middle of a fight.

"Why are you such a little liar, Bonnie?" I heard Caroline shout through the door causing me to just walk in.

When I reached them in the kitchen I saw Caroline holding the creepy necklace Bonnie said was giving her nightmares.

"I'm not lying to you, Caroline. I swear." Bonnie said in a desperate tone.

"It's true. I watched her throw it into a field!" Elena defended.

"Then explain it." Caroline sighed in frustration.

"Emily." Bonnie said.

"Who's Emily?" I asked.

"The ghost." Bonnie said and my brows raised.

"Oh, the ghost has a name now?" Caroline said in a mocking tone.

"Caroline, please." Elena begged as I turned to Bonnie.

"A ghost! I'm not trained for any damn ghosts." I said panicked.

"I wonder why she won't leave me alone." Bonnie said ignoring my statement.

"What is going on? Why am I not a part of this conversation? You guys do this to me all the time." Caroline whined.

"That's not true." Elena said and I scoffed.

"Yes it is." I countered and she gave me a look.

"I can't talk to you. You don't listen." Bonnie snapped.

"That's not true." Caroline said.

"I'm a witch." Bonnie said bluntly waiting for her reaction.

"And don't we all know it?" She replied causing me to scoff.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to tell you something. You don't even hear it." Bonnie yelled.

"I listen. When do I not listen?" Caroline said and I so badly wanted to comment.

Elena and I let them go into her bedroom alone to sort out there problem.

"Hey we never got to talk after what happened to Vicki-" Elena started but I cut her off.

"You mean when I killed her. It's okay Elena, it wasn't my first time." I said and her eyes widened.

"Really?" She asked surprised.

"Well I never killed my friends girlfriend before but that's how I spent my summer Elena." I said before walking away and into a bathroom.

When I finally brought myself to go back into Elena's room I found them sitting on the floor with candles around them.

"What the hell did I walk into?" I asked staring at the odd sight in front of me.

"Summoning Emily. Now come sit." Caroline said and without arguing I just sat down.

"Now what?" I asked.

"I don't know." Elena said with a shrug.

"Be quiet and concentrate. Close your eyes. Now take a deep breath. Bonnie. Call to her." Caroline directed.

"Emily, you there?" Bonnie called out.

"Really? "Emily, you there?" That's all you got? Come on." Caroline snapped and I lightly chuckled.

"Fine, geez. Emily. I call on you. I know you have a message. I'm here to listen." Bonnie said and immediately the candles flare grew stronger.

"Did that just..." Elena trailed off.

"Yeah, it just happened." Caroline said nonchalantly.

"It's just the air conditioning." Bonnie said nervously.

"Ask her to show you a sign. Ask her. Emily, if you're among us, show us another sign." Caroline said and nothing happened.

"See? It's not working." Bonnie said standing up and the windows burst open, scaring her.

"I can't, I'm done." Bonnie said ripping the necklace off and throwing it on the ground next to the candles, which blow out, scaring her more.

"Get the light. Please, get the light!" Bonnie shrieked.

"Hold on. I got it." Elena said flipping on the light switch.

"You guys, the necklace. It's gone." Bonnie pointed out putting fear in all of us.

"Okay, fun's over, Caroline. You made a point, and I get it. Now give it back." Elena said.

"What? Well, I didn't take it. What? What happened?" Caroline questioned.

"I don't know. Nothing. Jeremy, are you home?" Elena said walking out into the hall.

"Guys..." Bonnie said but by the time Caroline and I turned around the door slams with her inside.

"You guys open the door! Help me!" Bonnie banged on her side of the door.

"Bonnie! Bonnie! What's going on, Bonnie?" I yelled trying to force the door open as Bonnie screamed for help.

"Try the other door. I'll check the hallway." Elena said as her and Caroline parted ways.

"Bonnie! Bonnie! Unlock the door!" I yelled and heard the other girls doing the same. The door opens. Bonnie stands with her head in her hands.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Elena asked.

"I'm fine." Bonnie said.

"Unbelievable. You were totally faking it." Caroline said and I rolled my eyes.

"Caroline, come on." I said to her but she shook her head.

"No! You scared the hell out of me." She yelled.

"Bonnie?" Elena said looking at the girl confused.

"I'm fine. Everything's fine." Bonnie said before rushing down the stairs.

The three of us followed behind Bonnie.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked her.

"I must go." She replied oddly.

"She's leaving. I'm leaving." Caroline said and Elena sighed.

"You guys can't leave." She said.

"I can. I've had enough freaky fake witch stuff for one night." Caroline snapped.

"Thank you for having me. I'll take it from here." Bonnie said as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Back to where it all began." She said causing me to realize.

"Emily." I said and Bonnie immediately turned around.

"I won't let him have it. It must be destroyed." Bonnie/Emily said and before we could stop her she ran out the door using her magic to shut it.

"What's happening?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know. The door, it's not..." Elena went to say but the door opened causing us all to scream.

"What the hell?" Jermey said being the one who came through the door.

"I'm outta here." Caroline said before walking past Jermey and out the door.

"Call Stefan." I said to Elena who nodded before walking into the kitchen.

"Is anyone gonna explain what the hells going on?" Jermey asked and I fakingly chuckled.

"We just watched the scariest movie." I said and he raised a brow.

"Stefan's coming to get us." Elena said grabbing her jacket.

"The conjuring. Scary movie." I said touching his arm as I walked around him and outside with Elena following.

"I have to go home and pick up some equipment." I said walking over to my car.

"I thought you said you weren't trained for ghosts." Elena said and I nodded.

"I'm not but this isn't about Emily, it's about what Damon's gonna do when he realizes she's stopping him." I said getting in my car.

After picking up a cross bow from home I rushed out to Fell's Church in the woods. When I got there I found the brother's arguing.

"You're blaming innocent people for something that happened 145 years ago." Stefan yelled.

"There is nothing innocent about these people, and don't think for a second it won't happen again. They already know too much, and they'll burn your little grandwitch right next to us when they find out. Trust me." Damon said not even looking at Stefan but Bonnie.

"Things are different now." Emily said.

"Don't do this." Damon spat.

"I can't free them. I won't. Incendia!" Emily yelled causing the pentagram Emily carved into the dirt around her is set ablaze, and flames create a wall between Emily/Bonnie and us.

"No! No please." Damon begged.

"Bonnie!" Elena cried out.

"No! Damon yelled once again.

Emily throws the necklace into the air, and it explodes above them. Once the spell is complete and the crystal is destroyed, Emily departs from Bonnie's body. Bonnie finally reawakens, and looks around in horror, having no idea what had just occurred.

Damon is furious, and since his deal with Emily is off, he bites Bonnie and feeds on her. But before Elena could scream or Stefan could stop him an arrow went flying missing his heart by an inch.

Stefan ran over to Bonnie and checks her for a pulse.

"She's alive, but barely. I can save her." Stefan said bitting his wrist and dribbles his blood into Bonnie's mouth.

"Her neck, it's healing." Elena said in shock.

"It's the only thing vampire's are good for." I spat and Stefan noticeably tense.

"I don't understand, Elena, what happened to me? He attacked me, and his face was like..." Bonnie trailed off as her, Elena and I were walking towards the car.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?" Elena asked her.

"I'm fine. It's just this blood. I don't..." Bonnie stopped as Stefan approached.

"Talk to him. I'll take her to the car." I said shielding Bonnie, who was shaking from Stefan.

"How-how were you able to do that? Bonnie stuttered out a question.

"Bonnie I promise, Elena and I-" I went to say but she stopped me.

"I want to hear it from you. I told you from the start about the witch stuff. So tell..what the hell are you." Bonnie demanded and I sighed.

"I'm an Argent. Vampire Hunter by blood." I said and he eyes widened.

"Elena will explain the rest." I said opening the car door for her to get in.

"And Bonnie.." I said and she looked over.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized even though none of anything that was happening was relatively my fault. I just felt guilty, I wanted to protect her. She's my best friend.

When I saw Elena walking towards the car with tears in her eyes so I got out and walked, the way she was coming from. I found him leaning against a tree with sadness in his eyes.

"What's going on? Why's Elena crying?" I asked and he sighed.

"I told her I had to leave, too many people have died. Too much has happened." Stefan said.

"Your right Stefan. Too much has happened for you to give up." I said but he didn't say anything.

"I've gotta tell my parents about you and Damon." I said and he nodded.

"I understand. You have a code." Stefan said.

"But I'll make sure they know about you and how your not bad. I'll make sure they know it was all Damon." I said.

"Why would you do that? Everything bad started when I got here. I saw your face when you had to kill Vicki If I-" Stefan said and I scoffed.

"I was brought into this before you got here Stefan. I've killed others before Vicki and I bet they'll be more if you leave." I said but he still looked guilty.

"We are friends Stefan and even if your leaving I'll make sure your left out of the hunt." I said and he sighed.

"Thank you." He said and I nodded before heading home.

It was time to break the news that I know who the vampires are.

"Your home early. I thought it was a sleepover." My dad said inside the garage as he cleaned his gun.

"I need to tell you and mom something is she still awake." I said and he nodded.

He walked to the door and opened peaking into the living room.

"Hey Vic, can come out here." He yelled and she quickly excused herself from Mikey who was watching tv.

When the door shut they both looked at me waiting.

"I know who the vampires are." I said with a sigh.

"I've known since the founders party." I said and my mothers eyes widened.

"I thought we took care of this. You killed the girl." She said looking at my dad.

"Lexi wasn't the problem..she didn't kill anyone-" I went to say but my dad cut me off.

"Lexi? I thought you said you didn't know her." He said and I sighed.

"Not important. Damon Salvatore is the problem." I said and my dad shook his head.

"He killed the vampire. He gave mayor Lockwood vervain." He said confused.

"It's his facade. They've been alive since the Civil War." I explained and my mother raised a brow.

"They?" She questioned.

"His brother Stef-." I went to say but my mom stopped me.

"You've known about the both of them." She said in shock.

"Yeah but It's not Stefan! He shouldn't be punished for the things his brother does." I tried to fight but they just sent me hard glared.

"He's a vampire Allison. We're made to hunt them." My dad said.

"To go after Stefan is breaking the code. He feeds off animal blood, he isn't breaking our laws." I fought back.

"Why are you protecting him?" My mother said seeing through my hard eyes.

"Answer me Allison." She demeaned but I refused to say anything.

"Do you care about him?" She asked.

"He's my friend...he's just ask much normal as I am." I said quietly.

"Yes because normal people drink blood." My dad scoffed.

"I'm done talking about this! You want to hunt Damon then I'm all in but I won't hurt Stefan." I snapped before walking inside and up to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 884 16
𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰...
95.2K 2.3K 33
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 ── ❝𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘔𝘴. 𝘈𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦�...
77.7K 2.9K 11
𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐟 /𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐫3𝐯/ 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐡 𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦�...
21.4K 939 9
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐞...