Demons Who Lurk In The Dark

De Rose7272

A young woman, Elaine hopes to find a place in the world to fit in as she becomes a woman who will begin maki... Mais

Chapter One: Skeleton Key
Chapter Two: Heart of the Forest
Chapter Three: The Dark Realm?
Chapter Four: Dinner With A Demon
Chapter Five: The Decaying Forest
Chapter Six: The Mansion
Chapter Seven: A peek of the past
Chapter Eight: Queen of Werewolves
Chapter Ten: Mysterious Woman
Chapter Eleven: Vulcan's form
Chapter Twelve: The Truth
Chapter Thirteen: The Witch
Chapter Fourteen: The Devious Plan
Chapter Fifteen: WarWolf Games
Chapter Sixteen: Distracted

Chapter Nine: The Void

1.4K 84 48
De Rose7272

🌹🌹🌹

"Elaine?"

My attention was pulled away from mine and Lolette's conversation when I saw Vulcan hurry into the room. The look of horror is displayed on his face when he spots my collapsed body.

We watch as he hurries past us over to my unconscious body that was sprawled out on the floor.

"Elaine," He breathes out softly as he lifts me into his arms. "What happened?" His voice changes from his soft tone to a very dark one. Vulcan looks around the room for the cause when his eyes land on Lolette's body. His eyes narrow angrily for a moment before his attention draws back to me.

"Elaine, you need to wake up sweetheart," He shakes my body receiving no response. "Please, open your eyes," he desperately demands.

Vulcan clearly begins panicking when he pulls me closer in a protective manner. "I can hear her heart beating, relax Vulcan. Her heart is beating," He whispers to himself.

His fists close tightly, his jaw clenching in pure anger. He breathes in, letting out a shaky breath. He repeats it a couple more times to calm himself.

My heart starts to ache like I was missing some huge part of me. This man, why does he care so much about me?

I reach out to try and console him, but the Lolette grabs my hand and pulls it back. "He can't see, feel, or hear us. We're astral projecting."

Anger fills his eyes as he lands his fist on the ground making the marble floor crack underneath us.

"Vulcan? You ran off suddenly, what's happened?" A man came into the room staring down at Vulcan with his golden eyes. He took in his surroundings and spots the Lolette on the floor.

"Not again," the man sighs. He must be the King, Kaspar.

"I don't feel her presence," Vulcan stated.

"Lolette is Astro projecting," the man tells Vulcan. "Fuck this is not good Vulcan. We must prepare for the worst immediately."

"What do you mean?" Vulcan growls dangerously up at the man.

Unfazed by Vulcan's aggression, the man simply crosses his arms explaining the situation. "The last time she had done this she didn't come back for awhile. What felt like days to her were weeks of hell for me. Everything is normal until the third day hits, then we will be fending off demons until they return. If their bodies die, then their souls are trapped in the void forever."

Vulcans eyes widen up at the King. He opens his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Vulcans anger consumes him and the veins start popping out on his forehead.

"Elaine," Lolettle's calls me. "We must go, so we don't worry them too much longer."

She is right, the longer I stay watching him the longer it will take for me to return. I nod my head agreeing. For a moment, I wonder why she hadn't told them we would be doing this but it made sense now. She had her reasons because they would stop us, but even I no longer want to wait for the answers I'm seeking.

Lolette waves her hand in the air in front of the wall revealing a black hole. It was like a door leading to a dark abyss of hell, but despite fearing it Lolette grabs ahold of my hand without hesitation and pulls me through.

As we walk into the blackness it turns into a tunnel, dark and moist. At the end of the tunnel, there was a light. In the distance, I could hear laughter from a little girl and a familiar voice yelling my name.

"Elaine! Where are you?" The mans voice is playful as in echoes around me.

I take a deep breath in as we near the light. This is it, after all these years I will know what happened and why my uncle took me in.

"As we pass through time in the voids we must be careful, if you hear any voices other than mine in darkness make sure to ignore it," Lolette warns me.

"Voices?"

"Yes, between the present time and the past is the void, a realm of lost souls. Beyond that is a even darker place where the wicked supernatural are sent to. A prison far more scarier than hell itself." She explains, seriousness laced in her voice.

Well, that's comforting.

We stepped out into the light to find a small home made of red brick with various amounts of different kinds of plants surrounding it. They flowers were blooming, their colors like a rainbow shining under the sun. Pine trees stood tall and thick around the house indicating we were far in a forest somewhere with no other surrounding homes.

The air was crisp and clean and the sun was warm, too warm if I'm being honest. I tug at my sweater pulling it back and forth in a fast pace in effort to cool myself down.

"There you are," Vulcans voice was right behind me and I turn to look directly at him. He was walking towards me with his beautiful smile on his face. My heart nearly leaps out of my chest. My eyes widen as I wonder how he had found us.

"Vulcan-" I began to explain, but his body passes right through me. The feeling was much like falling down harshly on your back and your breath being knocked out of you.

I sucked in air as soon as my lungs were capable. My head spun around to see him walking away from me. Lolette and myself see him approaching a large tree and behind that is a little girl giggling.

"You found me!" The little girl squeals while Vulcan stares brightly down at the child. Little arms wrap around his neck as he picks up the small girl. Her black hair was long and perfectly tied up in a high ponytail with a red ribbon.

My heart stops the moment I see her face. The child Vulcan holds in his arms was no doubt, me.

"Vulcan, it's your turn to hide now!" The small me giggles as Vulcan puffs up his cheeks. Little hands touch his cheeks pushing down on them as he blew out onto her face. The little me squeals and puts her arms up in defense.

"I think it's your turn again," Vulcan sets her down on her feet when she suddenly crosses her arms clearly pouting.

"Why do I always hide?" She stomps her foot in frustration.

Vulcan leans down close to her face with a smirk. "Because I enjoy finding the princess," he tells her.

"I don't want to be just any princess though! I want to be a fairy princess so I can fly," the small me held out one leg and stuck her arms straight out.

She focuses pretending to fly while balancing on one foot when Vulcan boops her on the nose.

"Go hide," he laughs as begins to count down from ten.

"You were an adorable child," Lolette says as we watch them play.

"Was Vulcan always with me like this when I was a child?" I ask, my eyes not leaving them for a second. I couldn't believe what I am seeing.

"He has always been there watching over you and protecting you from demons that lurk around you."

"Why does he do that?"

This still doesn't answer why Vulcan wants me by his side as his wife.

"Would you like to see why?" Lolette asks as she opens another black hole for us to go through.

I nod my head as we enter the dark doorway leaving behind the scene of Vulcan playing hide and seek with me as a child.

"Elaine..." A voice whispers closely to my ear.

I try to ignore it, but the whispers get closer and louder. My eyes focus on the light ahead of me and Lolette's presence next to me.

A cold feeling rushes over me like the wind is blowing at my back. Then suddenly Lolette is gone and nothing but darkness surrounds me.

My attempt to stay clam backfires as I begin to panic. My heart is already racing as I assume the worst is to come. Did Lolette somehow split from me? Could it be too late for her to come back for me? Did I succumb to the darkness for just listening to it call my name?

The questions run through my head so quickly I couldn't quite grasp on what to process in this situation besides stand still. My eyes haven't moved from the spot where the light had been in fear of what may be in here with me.

"I know what you're seeking Elaine," A woman's voice cuts through the thick air like a knife. Her voice cold and menacing.

Oh fvck me, where's Lolette?

"Don't worry about your fox friend, we have some catching up to do."

                           Vulcan's POV

"What do you think is happening?" I ask Kaspar while I watch Elaine lay there like she is asleep. Even though her body is still breathing and acting as if she were alive there was no soul present.

Kaspar sighs. "She is so mischievous," he whispers to himself before he looks at me.

"She is most likely showing Elaine pieces of her past in attempt to help her remember you," he says when he suddenly slams his fist down on the frame of the bed. "How can she do this to me again, she's still new at this! It's only been a few years since Letty was brought here. I'm concerned with what's she's done will become an even greater problem."

"I knew asking her would lead to something like this that's why I came to see you first," my heart feels like someone has been squeezing it. "I shouldn't have left Elaine alone with her."

Elaine was the most precious person in my life, her bright soul lightens my dark one.

"Don't worry, Letty will protect Elaine. She is incredibly strong," Kaspar convinces himself, however I am not. Lolette may be part fox, but she is technically still a newborn.

"Have you told her yet?" Kaspar asks trying to lift the tension in the air. Him speaking kept his lycan calm as well as myself.

"No, she only recognizes me as a demon. I fear telling her what I am will only make her more afraid of me," I truthfully confess.

"She thinks you're a demon?" Kaspar found this amusing as he chuckles at my predicament.

"Yeah, it's ludicrous," I smile at the thought of her making crazy assumptions of me. "However, I will let her make her decisions. If she decides she doesn't want me after her memories are back. I shall let her go."

The thought of her gone will drive me mad. These past ten years were already hard enough. Every single day I would wait at sunset near the heart of the forest. Waiting for the day she would come. The only days that she would come there though was the day she would sit at the edge of the water and cry. As much as I wanted to comfort her I knew she was there mourning the loss of her Uncle.

"Vulcan, not after you tell her what you are," Kaspar gave me a reassuring look, but he is wrong. She would hate me. I almost regret taking her from her human life, but my selfishness overcame me.

"It doesn't matter what I am, it's what I have done. I may as well be seen as a demon for being so monstrous."

My past can testify to that, there are many lives that I have taken. None being humans, but they were still lives. I am ashamed of what I was and what I could become without her.

"What about your promise?" Kaspar asks concerned. His entire family has accepted me for who I use to be and I could never be more grateful than I already am.

"I hoped that upon seeing the ribbon it would help spark a memory for her, but nothing happened," I laugh at myself for thinking a miracle would happen.

"Being a lycan like yourself or even a werewolf must be nice. Having a soulmate that's fated to you the day you are born is like a dream," I tell him. "The way you look at Lolette and the way she's looks at you. I can see the undying love you have for each other. I want that," I say hopelessly.

"It will be the same-"

"No. It won't" I cut him off, "I am only being selfish. When she returns I should take her back to the human world so she can live a life that I can't give her. It was foolish of me to think that we can be together," I take in a deep breath and let it out, "I knew from the start we could never be together physically, that is my fate. My curse that is bound to me."

Not that having intercourse at all with Elaine would matter to me, her presence alone is enough to satisfy me.

"Don't give up quite yet, Rina will find a way to break it," Kaspar is probably right, there are other ways around it.

No curse is unbreakable.

🌹🌹🌹

Please vote and comment❤️

With love,

Loraine🦋

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

59K 2.9K 33
Moving out of the city was not her idea. Moving to the middle of nowhere in a foreign country was definitely not her idea, and leaving everything she...
5 0 5
Deep in the heart of Valeterra, the birth realm of humanity, a wide expanse of countries were being infiltrated and decimated by a vicious band of sc...
650 475 27
Awakening in an unfamiliar forest with her memory a blur, Alora finds herself at the heart of a mysterious and perilous journey. As she navigates thr...
Dusk De des

Vampiro

20.7K 1.4K 61
**MATURE CONTENT & COMPLETED** A smart-mouth 23 year old girl looks normal, but is anything but that. She's a highly skilled hunter who trained day a...