Why I Run

By animallover003

Hi. My name is Joules. Yes I know, odd name. But let me tell you how I got that name. Three years ago, when I... More

Chapter one
Before
Before part two
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter twelve

1.6K 72 1
By animallover003

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I woke with a start as I realized I smelled food. I looked for Lucius but he was nowhere to be found.

"He went out for a while, dear." The mother of the young boy said politely.

Lucius went OUT? I thought to myself, he knows how dangerous it is to travel alone.

"Here, dear, I made some eggs that the hens had laid this morning out back. Take as much as you like." She said.

I was a little frightened to take food from this stranger, as Lucius and I had learned the hard way not to take anything from strangers. Finally, I accepted, thinking about Lucius as I did so. Where was he? Was he alright? There were things I just didn't know about my chocolate-haired new boyfriend.

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

I sat outside the barn and waited for Joules to wake up. The nice mother of the boy had given me food which I knew wasn't poisoned because I watched her make it. I wanted to make sure that Joules actually got a full meal for once, instead of insisting that I take it. Being Joules, she's probably worrying her head off about where I am right now. I suspect she will come out soon.

No more than three minutes later did I hear a worried voice shriek, "You had me so worried, Sparky, next time I'll blast you into tomorrow!!!" I smiled and turned to face my girlfriend. She had a cute pouty expression on her face.

"What? C'mon Joules you know I wouldn't go far. Besides, I found out that if we concentrate really hard, we can shoot a bolt of electricity without ever touching someone." I said, and her face lit up at the challenge of mastering a new move. Joules being Joules, she succeeded right away.

She beamed at me when she succeeded, and I couldn't help but pull her in for a quick peck on the lips. Her lips parted, but I pulled away. "Not here," I said, looking at her disappointed face. I led her to the forest behind the barn, sneaking glances over my shoulder to make sure we weren't followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 252 28
I know what you must be thinking. Why not name this title ' the adventures of Sharkboy, lavagirl and whatever my name is'? Well because that would of...
358 36 30
Unable to age, unable to die. So many people want me, but they can't have me. They want to experiment on me and use my blood to make more people like...
Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.5K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...
831K 27.3K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...