Chapter 34

(A/N: ok so I think this is the last chapter, guys. Unless I write an epilogue. Who knows. The epilogue will most likely be short if I write one though. I really hope you liked reading this. If you made it this far that is. I loved to write this and I'm taking suggestions on what to write next. Just write something on my message board if you have a request. Thanks guys!)

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

I've been waiting for three days now. It's been two days since we won the war (underdogs rule!) and I've been waiting to ask her. On the bright side, everybody who sided with us in the war bought us a house. I'm happy that we don't have to run anymore.

In case you haven't figured out who "her" is, take a good guess. I'm sure you can guess what I'm going to ask her, too.

I'm just scared she'll reject me, I guess. We're both super young, and I really don't know what else to do. I mean, I love her. I just don't know if she's ready for this.

"Hey, Lucius, what's up?" Joules asked, and nodded to my sparking hands.

Should I ask? I've never been one for speeches, but I have to do this. I need her.

Here goes nothing, I think. As I sit on the couch with Joules. Granted, if she doesn't run away screaming, I'll have to change positions, but who cares?

"Joules, I never knew just how much you meant to me until I lay dying under that landslide. I never realized that all that time in the woods, I would've been lost without you. You mean so much to me Joules, it hurts. Dani hit the nail on the head when she said that a Destiny Bond can be so strong that the two fall in love. I think about you day and night. Whenever I'm not with you, even for a minute, I get worried. I always want to be beside you. And, I never understood why I loved you so much, but the Destiny Bond helped me figure it out. You're so strong, and beautiful, and have the most love I've ever seen. I never want to be without you. Even if it means jumping into your window in the middle of the night. So, Joules, I guess what I'm asking is," I pause, sliding off the couch to get to one knee, "Will you marry me?" I ask, flipping open the box I pulled from my back jeans pocket.

Joules' hands flew to her mouth as she looked at the ring. It was a brilliant white gold with a blue stone in the middle that would sometimes crackle. The shop owner called it a thunderstone, extremely rare and would electrocute a normal person. I hoped Joules would like it.

Joules' eyes were shining, but she was silent. I wanted her to say yes, but I wasn't going to push her. We're still young, after all.

After what seemed like forever, I heard her say one word. One word that made me overjoyed.

"Yes."

Joules' POV

___________________________

When Lucius told his speech, I was assuming it was Lucius just having a Lucius moment. The last thing I expected was for him to get down on his knee and ask, "Will you marry me?"

He flipped the box he was holding to reveal a beautiful ring. White gold with a blue stone in the middle. It was breathtaking. The blue stone crackled, revealing something I recognized. A thunderstone. Dani showed me the one book of hers that they were in. Rare stones, only a few left in the world. I had once told Lucius how much I wanted a thunderstone. He must have remembered, after all this time.

He looked up at me, hopefully, but understanding. He knew we were young, but he wanted to marry me. He seemed nervous, and I didn't blame him. To heck with being young, "Yes." I said, causing his eyes to light up. He slid the ring onto my finger and picked me up. I squealed in happiness, and laughed. Lucius laughed as well. I had never seen him so happy.

"I love you, Lucius." I said, nuzzling his neck.

"I love you, too, Joules." He said, returning the nuzzle. "Now come on! I think we should go alert those nice people who fought with us. Surely there is a pastor or somebody who's among our crowd!" He said enthusiastically, and I laughed. I followed out, happy as could be.