Chapter twenty

Zoran's POV

_________________________________________

That stupid Lucius. He kicked me out! And that little twerp Joules really had loved him. If she was his girlfriend, I'd think so. I told the police where the barn was, but it turned out they'd left.

How do I know this? I'm sitting in jail for running away and threatening one's life. Even though the one I threatened was the one they wanted.

But I vow revenge on them. Joules, yes, but mostly Lucius. Oh, I'll make him pay.

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

Joules and I eventually found a small cave. A step down from before, but we'll take it. We had traveled all day just to find someplace kinda safe, and this was all we found.

I lay down on the cave floor, and this time, Joules didn't hesitate to lay down next to me. Sparks traveled across my body because she was so close to me. I found out that when I touched her hand, or held her close to me, sparks traveled along my body. Not sparks that would hurt her, of course, but are simply there because I love her.

And, thanks to Zoran, we shocked each other today when we saw that I didn't die when he shocked me. It stung a little, but didn't kill us. White electricity would definitely kill us though.

Joules rolled over and placed her face in my neck and nuzzled me. Sparks appeared where she touched. Something like a purring sound rumbled in my throat.

I ran my hands up and down her back, causing her to moan when I kissed her. She tugged at my shirt, and seeing how she didn't care about my scars, I didn't hesitate. She ran her hands along my bare chest, causing me to growl and bite her lip. She moaned my name as I kissed her neck, telling me she loved it.

Electricity sparked off our bodies, literally, and I pulled away to put my shirt back on. She whimpered when she felt me pull away.

I laughed at her expression. "What?" I said, chuckling.

"You stopped," she said, disappointed.

"I had to. It's hard to stop myself." I said truthfully, blushing a little.

"Yeah, me too," she said.

I hesitated a minute before pulling her back against me as I said, "I love you, Joules."

She snuggled into my jacket, and said, "I love you, too, Lucius."

She fell asleep, but I didn't. I could hear wolves outside our cave, and I mean right outside. On leashes. I looked closer. They weren't wolves, they were dogs. The police had come.