Chapter twelve

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I woke with a start as I realized I smelled food. I looked for Lucius but he was nowhere to be found.

"He went out for a while, dear." The mother of the young boy said politely.

Lucius went OUT? I thought to myself, he knows how dangerous it is to travel alone.

"Here, dear, I made some eggs that the hens had laid this morning out back. Take as much as you like." She said.

I was a little frightened to take food from this stranger, as Lucius and I had learned the hard way not to take anything from strangers. Finally, I accepted, thinking about Lucius as I did so. Where was he? Was he alright? There were things I just didn't know about my chocolate-haired new boyfriend.

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

I sat outside the barn and waited for Joules to wake up. The nice mother of the boy had given me food which I knew wasn't poisoned because I watched her make it. I wanted to make sure that Joules actually got a full meal for once, instead of insisting that I take it. Being Joules, she's probably worrying her head off about where I am right now. I suspect she will come out soon.

No more than three minutes later did I hear a worried voice shriek, "You had me so worried, Sparky, next time I'll blast you into tomorrow!!!" I smiled and turned to face my girlfriend. She had a cute pouty expression on her face.

"What? C'mon Joules you know I wouldn't go far. Besides, I found out that if we concentrate really hard, we can shoot a bolt of electricity without ever touching someone." I said, and her face lit up at the challenge of mastering a new move. Joules being Joules, she succeeded right away.

She beamed at me when she succeeded, and I couldn't help but pull her in for a quick peck on the lips. Her lips parted, but I pulled away. "Not here," I said, looking at her disappointed face. I led her to the forest behind the barn, sneaking glances over my shoulder to make sure we weren't followed.