The Memoriam Files: Minds [ED...

By Unlock-Your-Mind

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒉 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’Žπ’Šπ’π’…π’”." π“π‡π„π˜ should have been free. They sh... More

π™Όπ™Έπ™½π™³πš‚
π™Ώπ™»π™°πšˆπ™»π™Έπš‚πšƒ
| πš™πš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ
| πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷
| πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸
| Chapter 4, Joining forces
| Chapter 5, Dream landscape
| Chapter 6, Through the Flat Trans
| Chapter 7, The tunnel
| Chapter 8, Scorch and trials
| Chapter 9, Tattoos
| Chapter 10, Two strangers
| Chapter 11, Sisters
| Chapter 12, Possessed
| Chapter 13, Dust and sand
| Chapter 14, Memories
| Chapter 15, Lightning and thunder
| Chapter 16, Calm after the storm
| Chapter 17, Jorge and his Cranks
| Chapter 18, A deal
| Chapter 19, Seperated
| Chapter 20, Fighting monsters, battling demons
| Chapter 21, Lost souls
| Chapter 22, Let's hurt tonight
| Chapter 23, Monsters and humans
| Chapter 24, Rose took my nose
| Chapter 25, The killer inside
| Chapter 26, A friend
| Chapter 27, Alive
| Chapter 28, The real leader
| Chapter 29, Invitation
| Chapter 30, Party with the Gone
| Chapter 31, Rescued
| Chapter 33, The journey continues
| Chapter 34, Group B
| Chapter 35, Fallen Angel
| Chapter 36, The last few miles
| Chapter 37, Awaiting the storm
| Chapter 38, Fighting the odds
| Chapter 39, Bleeding out
| Chapter 40, Goodbye
Word of thanks!

| Chapter 32, Young Gods

132 9 3
By Unlock-Your-Mind

|I'm a king and you're a queen and we will stumble through heaven

|Song: Young god, Halsey

|||

Lisa's P.O.V.

My heart started beating faster. Just seeing him was enough to make me forget all about the klunk situation we were in. Then I remembered me desperately screaming his name last night but I quickly shook that off me. Minho was here, and he was alive! He looked horrible, but he was alive. 'What...how...' Thomas stammered. Minho smiled, a very welcome sight. 'We'd just found you. Did you think we were gonna let these bunch of shuck-faces do anything to you? You owe me. Big-time.'
A small smile appeared on my lips, it was good to see he hadn't changed one bit.
'What do you mean you found us?' Thomas asked, a bright smile forming on his face.
M

inho walked forward and started cutting the tape. 'Jorge's been leading us through the city, avoiding Cranks and finding food.' He finished up with Thomas and went to free Brenda, still talking over his shoulder.
Somehow it hurt that he left me for last.
'Yesterday morning we walked to the mountains, carefully. Dawn was peeking around the corner into that alley up there just as those shanks pulled a gun on you. We got mad, started planning our ambush. Most of those shucks were wasted or asleep,'  Minho finished with Brenda, who immediately pushed her way out of the chair and past Minho.
She walked towards Thomas but hesitated. She was mad, and I wondered what had happened between them.
Thomas stood up as well but plopped back in the chair. 'Oh, man. Anybody got some asprin?'
Minho laughed.
Brenda made her way to the bottom of the stairs and watched with her arms folded how Minho cut me free from the tape. I ripped the tape off my mouth and stood up.

We simply stared at each other for a while and then I wasn't able to hold myself back anymore. I threw my arms around him and pulled him into a hug.
For the longest moment he simply stood there, completely frozen, then he awkwardly patted me on the back and finally returned the hug.
'Thank you,' I whispered, trying to keep the hurricane of emotions from breaking out of me.
We let each other go and Minho nodded, his eyes avoiding my face at every cost. 'It was nothing really.'
A small smirk formed on my face as I shook my head and walked towards the stairs as well. I couldn't wait to see the others.
'Let's get out of here,' I told Brenda.
She nodded and together we made our way up stairs.

The smell hit me first, like sweat and vomit. Carefully I opened the door. Bodies lay all across the floor, some were sleeping, some shivering and a few looked dead.
Jorge, Newt, Aris and Dawn were there, standing guard slowly turning in circles and keeping their weapons ready. The other Gladers were standing by the door, also weapons ready.
Relief washed over me when I saw them all standing here. Alive and well. Just be sure I counted them.

Ten.

They lost one.

I took a deep breath but decided to shake it off me and walked towards Dawn.

She had a gun in her hand and pointed at Blondie, she had a grim look on her face. I narrowed at the weapon and noticed it was Blondie's gun. Once I reached them she looked up and smiled at me. Slowly she lowered the gun and gave me a strong hug.
I laughed. 'There's no need to squeeze me to death after I just got back,' I coughed.
Dawn let me go with a smile on her face. 'I'm just happy you're okay.'
I gave her a slight smile back. If she only knew...But now was not the time to tell her. So I nodded. 'Happy you're okay too.'

Suddenly someone wrapped his arm around me shoulder. It was Newt. 'Glad you're not bloody dead, you too Tommy. Really, really glad.'
I gave him a genuine smile. His words awoke a warmth inside of me that I was unable to describe. It felt good knowing they had missed me. Just like I had missed them.

'Has everyone made it so far? Where'd you guys go? How'd you get here?' Thomas asked all in one breath. 'We lost one along the way,' Dawn said, having her gun pointed at Blondie again. There was a bitterness in her voice that I knew all too well. 'We were attacked by Cranks. One of us died, but we killed all of them.' Suddenly I was very proud of my sister. She killed Cranks, survived a city full of monsters and yet she was so calm and fierce.
'Any sign of Barkley and the rest of them? Were they the ones who set off the explosion?' Thomas asked.
Jorge, who stood close by the door with a huge sword in his hand, answered. 'Haven't seen 'em since. We got away pretty quickly, and they're too scared to come deeper into the city.'

Thomas nodded as an answer. Newt released his arm from around my shoulder and stepped towards Thomas to talk to him.
I looked back at Dawn.
'Hey,' I said, taking her attention. 'What did he ever do to you?' I nodded at Blondie.
A faint smirk appeared on Dawn's face. 'This ugly slint-head here tried to kidnap my friends, so he's in big trouble.'
I let my eyes wonder over Blondie who lay on the ground like some lost puppy. 'Well, he has a nice face, I saw that way back in the alley,' I started and noticed Minho roll his eyes. 'Would be a pitty if something happened to it,' I finished.
Dawn looked at me. 'I'm not going to torture him,' she said sternly.
I didn't look at her. Rage was filling my body as I remembered his hands going all over my body. 'But I might,' I mumbled.
Dawn looked at me. 'Lisa don't.'

Before she could say something else I took a knife out of her belt and pushed it with all my strength into his foot. Blondie let out a scream as blood started to spread out on the ground. 'Lisa!' Dawn yelled, shock and terror in her voice. She lowered the gun and took me by my shoulders. I didn't react and just kept staring at Blondie who lay on the ground. Crying and whimpering.

I felt no remorse.

Dawn shook me out of my thoughts. 'Are you insane? What happened to you?'

Finally I looked at her but then wished I never did. There was more than just anger in her eyes. There was disappointment. I took a deep breath but my chest wouldn't stop aching. 'Just...' I started and shook her hands of my shoulders. 'Just leave me alone,' I snapped and folded my arms over my chest.
'Lisa...' Dawn whispered, her voice worried.
Sharply I turned towards her and noticed everyone staring at me. 'What?' I mumbled.
'Your eyes,' she spoke softly.
Fear hit me as I looked into a mirror on the wall and noticed a red glow in my eyes. I closed them for a second and bit my lip. This went wrong. This was all wrong. 'I need some air,' I breathed and pushed through the Gladers to make my way outside.

I threw the door open and stormed outside. Hot tears falling down my cheek. I lost it, I completely lost it. This was the end.
There was no way I could stay with them like this. What if I suddenly pushed a knife through Dawn's arm? Or worse, through her head? I grabbed my head with both my hands as I leaned against the truck we slept in last night. Maybe I should just stay here. Go crazy and dance all night, seemed to be the only thing I couldn't mess up.

'Lisa!' I rolled my eyes, great Minho was coming after me.
Quickly I wiped away my tears and with an annoyed expression on my face I turned around.
'What,' I hissed dangerously, although I knew it wouldn't have any effect on him.
Minho walked to me with his eyes narrowed.
I swallowed and tried to keep staring at him, but suddenly it was hard to breathe.
'I thought you had it under control,' Minho mumbled as he reached me.
'I thought so too,' I answered, my voice suddenly soft.
Minho studied me for a while and I felt uncomfortable under his gaze.
'I guess this is it then,' I said, breaking the silence.
A small frown appeared on his face. 'What'd you mean?'
'What do I mean? I mean that I can't stay with you! Who knows what will happen if I do, I could hurt one of you,' I swallowed. 'I could kill someone, don't you get that?'
Minho nodded slowly. 'Yeah, yeah I get that but that doesn't mean you can just stay here.'
'Watch me,' I replied and turned around, done with this conversation.

I was about to walk away but Minho took my arm in a firm grip and turned me around. Shocked I stared at him, a sudden anger was written on his face.
'Don't be such a sissy, you're not going anywhere,' he said, his voice low.
I pushed his hand away from my arm. 'I don't really have another option, now do I?' I snapped at him.
'Stop complaining and hit me,' Minho said, crossing his arms over his chest.
I narrowed at him. 'We're not in the Glade, Minho, this won't work.'
'You don't know until you try, hit me,' he simply replied.

I stared at him for a second until I suddenly lashed out and hit him right in the face, an angry yell escaping my lips.
He stumbled backwards and then smirked at me. 'Good, again.'
I narrowed at him, slowly walking towards him as I reached out and hit the same spot again.
Minho let out a soft groan but made no attempt to defend himself.
That only seemed to anger me more as I suddenly let out an angry scream and kicked him full in his stomach, throwing him on the ground. Then I jumped on him and started punching him, all over his face, his chest, everywhere.

The world around me seemed to disappear as I kept on throwing punch after punch, screams coming out of my mouth.
All there was left was the red glow surrounding me, forcing me to hurt him, wanting me to kill him.
Suddenly I stopped, my fist still in the air, breathing heavily I stared at Minho. His nose was bleeding, just like his eyebrow and lip but he smiled at me, completely taking me off guard.
Quickly I jumped up and tried to calm myself down, my heart still racing in my chest.
Minho came standing as well, stumbling on his feet.
I reached out and took his arm, keeping him from falling. 'You idiot,' I mumbled. 'Why didn't you fight back?'
Minho glared at me, his smile growing wider.
I shook my head at him, not amused at all. 'I could've killed you, shuck-face,' I snapped, not understanding his joy.
He shook his head at me. 'But you didn't.'
A sudden realisation of what he had trying to do dawned on me and my eyes widened.
'See,' he said, wiping the blood away from his face. 'I knew you cared too much about me, you could never kill me.'
A small smirk appeared on my lips. 'Well, if you pull something this stupid again I won't need to get angry to do it.'
He nodded at me and I felt a glow of happiness spreading through me as we stood there smirking at each other like two complete idiots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481K 10.8K 52
When she goes through the swipe and forgets everything about her friends. The closest being Minho and Newt, she gets sent to the glade. On accident...
2.2K 73 21
Cue the shitty description!!!! -------------------------------------- She woke in the box scared, but she made a few friends. She even managed to mak...
4.7K 101 25
|The conclusion to the Edge of Insanity Trilogy| a Minho/TMR fanfiction After escaping the Maze and WCKD's trials, Ari and her friends thought they...
231K 7.7K 45
❝You are all still here because of an uncanny will to survive.❞ Solving the Maze was meant to be the end. No more tests. No more puzzles. They though...