To Steal the Heart of a Thief...

By Serena-Daniels

As I write this letter to you, all I have to say is... I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I lied to all three of you... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: The Start of it All
Chapter 3: This Should Be Interesting
Chapter 4: Night at the Ranger School
Chapter 5: The Mean Girl
Chapter 6: Visitation Day
Chapter 7: The Leap of Faith
Chapter 8: Busted
Chapter 9: Advice
Chapter 10: What Makes You Tick?
Chapter 11: Is This Going to be a Problem?
Chapter 12: The Outdoor Class
Chapter 13: Blackened Glory
Chapter 14: Opening Up
Chapter 16: The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 17: Pull Yourself Together
Chapter 18: The Friendship Bracelet
Chapter 19: Family Matters
Chapter 20: Breaking the Rules
Chapter 21: Only You
Chapter 22: Heartbreak
Chapter 23: The Internship
Chapter 24: The Transformation of One's Self
Chapter 25: Oh My God, Stop
Chapter 26: The Mile
Chapter 27: Confiding in You
Chapter 28: Keep Those Lips Sealed
Chapter 29: Graduation Day
Chapter 30: Summer Break
Chapter 31: It Must Be Done
Chapter 32: As Time Went On
Chapter 33: Confrontation
Chapter 34: Interrogation
Chapter 35: Repudiation
Chapter 36: Dance the Night Away
Chapter 37: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 38: End of Shadows
Chapter 39: A Price Paid
Chapter 40: Begin Again

Chapter 15: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

3.5K 374 222
By Serena-Daniels

(Rena's POV)

I laughed and shoved Keith to the ground in Ascension Square. "You idiot! That's not what I meant at all---AH!" Keith grabbed my arm as he fell down and pulled me down with him, and I landed hard on the ground right next to him. "Ow..."

"Gotcha!" Keith laughed alongside me, and our laughter filled all of Ascension Square and the School Yard. "And I know, but I just had to mess with you!"

I just rolled my eyes. "You jerk! You're always trying to mess...with...me..." I slowly stopped talking as I felt a shadow being cast over us.

I held my hand up over my eyes to block out the glare from the sun, and who did I see standing over both Keith and I?

Kim, of course.

"Oh." Kim smiled devilishly. "There you are, Keith." She tore her hateful gaze away from me and smiled innocently at Keith. "I was just about to go to the Training Gym and practice some captures, and I was just wondering if you wanted to come with."

I just rolled my eyes, sitting up from the ground. "Kim, I thought you were training to be an Operator. Why would you need to practice captures?"

Kim shot me a hateful gaze in order to get me to shut up, then continued to bat her eyelashes at Keith.

"Nah, I'm good." Keith yawed, placing his hands behind his head. "Besides, I'm kinda busy hanging out with Rena right now."

Kim's eye twitched, and she gritted her teeth so hard I could've sworn they were seconds away from breaking. "O-oh...I see how it is. Fine then." She turned on her heel and stormed off, huffing the whole way.

I just shot her a weird look as she walked away. "What's her problem?"

Keith sat up from the grass, then shrugged his shoulders. "Don't know, don't care."

________________________________

I'm late I'm late I'm late I'm late!!!

I quickly ran past everyone in the hallways, trying to make it to Ms. April's classroom on time. I BARELY made it through the door before the bell rang.

DING DONG! DING DONG!

Phew...

I collapsed into my desk chair, getting weird looks from everyone in the classroom. Typically I don't run very late, but I had to stop by the Teacher's Lounge to grab a stack of papers Ms. April asked me to get for her. When I was in there I ran into Kim, and we got into an argument, and that's why I was running late.

Ms. April walked up to my desk and grabbed the stack of papers I had retrieved for her, sweatdropping at me. "Thanks for getting that, but I'm sorry I almost made you run late..."

"It's...fine..." I panted, trying to catch my breath.

Keith snickered at me for almost being late. Without tearing my eyes away from the front of the classroom, I kicked him really hard from under our desks.

"OWW!"

Ms. April just sweatdropped, then awkwardly began her lesson. "Anyways... Today we will be going over a new topic: Poke Assists."

As I reached down to pet Mightyena, I could hear a small commotion coming from outside the classroom. We were all back inside now, and Ms. April was in the midst of giving her lecture on Poke Assists. Oh, who knows. It's probably nothing.

"Now, class." Ms. April addressed us all. "For those of you who have family Pokemon with you, I'd like you to send them on up to the front of the classroom for a demonstration."

I gave Mightyena my nod of approval, and he soon joined Buizel and the other Pokemon at the front of the classroom.

Ms. April pointed down at Buizel, who was standing next to her feet. "Now, since Keith's Buizel is a Water-type, his Poke Assist is---"

Suddenly, I was distracted from Ms. April's lecture by a note that was quickly passed onto my desk. I looked over at Keith, who was grinning at me brightly. I just rolled my eyes and unfolded the note, reading it to myself.

"Hey, wanna hang out later? I need someone to help me procrastinate studying for that test on Friday."

I just rolled my eyes, shaking my head a little. I tore off the corner of my notes and scribbled my answer onto it, which was, "sure, why not," and I passed it over to Keith.

Keith read the note to himself, then smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!"

The whole class jolted with surprise, nearly leaping out of their desks at the sound of Mr. Kincaid's booming voice. We all froze in place, then listened to the sound of him stomping towards our classroom.

WHOOSH!

Mr. Kincaid shoved the door open and stormed into the classroom with Kim by his side.

"Mr. Kincaid!" Ms. April yelled with surprise, a little annoyed that he interrupted her lecture. "What on earth is the matter?!"

Mr. Kincaid narrowed his eyes at all of the students in the room. "The school's entire supply of School Styler's has gone missing, and I have an eye witness saying that one of your students took them from the Teacher's Lounge!"

The entire class gasped with surprise, and they all shot each other nervous glances.

"Mr. Kincaid!" Ms. April's face reddened with anger, and she stepped up to the ridiculous teacher. "How dare you accuse one of my students of such a thing without proof!"

"Ms. April, we do have proof." Mr. Kincaid stiffened his posture, then placed his hand on Kim's shoulder. "Kim, can you tell us which of Ms. April's students you saw taking the Styler's from the Teacher's Lounge?"

"Absolutely." Kim sneered, stepping up a little. I grew nervous as she approached my desk, and I gulped when she pointed at me. "It was Rena."

The entire class inhaled sharply, staring at me with the most shocked look ever. They all began whispering to one another, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Wait what?" Mr. Kincaid blinked back his surprise, staring at Kim. "Umm...are you sure it was her?" He awkwardly cleared his throat, acting way out of character.

"Yes." Kim menacingly leaned closer to me, shooting me a soul-piercing gaze. "I'm positive."

"What?!" My face reddened with anger, and I shot up from my desk. "That's ridiculous! I don't have any idea what she's talking about!" I defended myself, standing tall.

"Yeah!" Rhythimi stood up, walking over and wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "Rena may be a trouble maker, but she's no thief!

I just sweatdropped at how ironic what Rhythimi just said was.

"She didn't do it."

I flinched at the sound of his voice, and I turned to face Keith.

Keith stepped up to me and wrapped my hand in his behind our backs so no one else could see us holding hands. I just let it slide for now.

"I'm telling you, she didn't do it." Keith repeated what he said once again, looking down at me. "She's one of us, and she'd never stoop to something so low. Kim has to be lying." He glared over at Kim, tightening his grip on my hand.

"What!?" Kim raised her voice, then quickly calmed down. "I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth! I witnessed Rena lugging a huge bag of the Stylers out of the Teacher's Lounge and heading up to the dorm rooms!"

I dropped my jaw at how painfully obvious that lie was. "What?! No! That's a lie! I never stole the Stylers!"

"Miss Daley..." Mr. Kincaid lowered his voice to Kim warily. "You do realize what exactly you are accusing Miss Deveraux of, correct? The school's supply of Stylers is worth about 200,000 poke dollars, and the theft of them is a major felony..." Mr. Kincaid nervously ran a hand through his hair. "If she's proved guilty, not only will she be facing expulsion, but also a few years in prison..."

My eyes just widened in horror. Expulsion? Prison?! No! That can't happen! I'm in the middle of a job!! If I'm expelled and sent to prison, not only do I fail the job and not get payed, but my fingerprints will be run through the criminal database and my true identity as Raux will be revealed!

"Yes." Kim grinned evilly at me. "I know exactly what I'm accusing her of."

"You liar!" I lunged for her throat, only to be restrained by Keith and Rhythimi.

Ms. April stepped forward and began defending me on my behalf. "Mr. Kincaid, surely you don't believe Rena is responsible. She's a model student, despite her reckless nature."

Oh wow. Thanks Ms. April.

"I know..." Mr. Kincaid seemed conflicted. "...but we have to face the facts." He glanced at me, then looked at Ms. April once again. "Did she or did she not, in fact, run late to class today?"

Ms. April hesitated. "Well, she almost did, but that's only because I asked her to get something for me from the...Teacher's...Lounge..." Ms. April slowed down her explanation as she came to a realization, then nervously glanced back at me. "Surely it's just a coincidence, Mr. Kincaid..."

Mr. Kincaid sighed heavily. "I'm afraid that we have no choice but to believe Miss Daley's testimony until the authorities arrive to question Rena."

I nearly choked on air from my surprise. "You called the cops on me?!"

Mr. Kincaid looked at me regretfully. "I had no choice. A crime has been committed, and a pretty serious one at that. As the prime suspect in the case, you will be taken into custody for questioning. However, since you are just barely a minor, I managed to convince them to keep you on campus for questioning."

I tried to jerk out of Keith and Rhythimi's grip, completely enraged. "This is ridiculous!"

"But Mr. Kincaid, Rena's innocent!" Rhythimi pleaded him, still holding onto me. "I promise you, she's innocent! Kim's lying!"

"No I'm not." Kim smiled innocently, stepping over to Keith. "I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe you'd like to talk to me about it later?"

Keith jerked away from Kim as two Police Officers stepped inside the classroom. "No. I'd rather not."

Kim hid her annoyance pretty well when Keith jerked himself out of her grasp, and I couldn't help but smile slightly at that.

"Is that her?" One of the cops pointed to me, asking Mr. Kincaid the question.

Mr. Kincaid hesitated, very reluctant. "...yes, I'm afraid so."

"Rena Deveraux, you're being taken into questioning in regards to the missing lot of School Stylers." The second cop stepped up to me and turned me around, slapping handcuffs on my wrists. "You're now being taken into custody."

"NO!" I yelled, trying to jerk out of his grip. Mightyena started barking at the Police Officers trying to drag me out of the classroom. "I'M INNOCENT! I DIDN'T DO IT!" I thrashed in the Officer's grip, trying to break free.

"Stay still!" One of the Officers holding onto my arms commanded.

"Let her go!" Keith pushed his way through the crowd of students, trying to get to me.

"Keith!" I called out to him, actually afraid for my life at present. "Help! I'm being set up!" I barely got to finish my sentence before the cops got me to the classroom door.

"Don't worry!" Keith's eyes lit up with fiery determination. "I'm going to do everything I can to prove you're innocent!"

And that was the last thing I heard before the classroom door was shut behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful fan trailer was made by @ruby-marie94 :) thank you, love!!

Heheh :3 cliffhanger....

Well, I'm going to run away now before you all murder me for updating 3 times in a day and leaving you with a really bad cliffhanger XD eheh...

*runs away screaming "Read, comment, vote, and enjoy!!!"*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 214 26
The drums of war have just been sent roaring!! Now whom is my Father's grand army fighting against???, Well no one is entirely sure, but to instill m...
3.2K 98 14
It was the drunk diver who started it. With one swerve killed both my parents and sent me and my brother into some foster place. Then it was that fev...
32.4K 516 20
"We love you both to no end. We'll always love you... 'Till the very end." Spark, a 15 year old in an advanced version in the Pokémon world where Pok...
1.6K 35 8
*Featured book* [HIGHEST RANKING : #1 IN #controlfreak ] " I HATE YOU".. trying to hide my tears by taking a step back and suddenly felt his hand gr...