The Makeup Artist | j.jk

By Ichiranramen

"Noona, will you touch my lips?" BTS Jungkook x Reader What do you think would happen if you were the makeup... More

New Job
Training
Traveling
Osaka it is
Dinner
Dress Rehearsal
Sweat
Chap Stick
Going Out
Four
Bathroom
Wind Down
Undercover Missions
Photo Shoot
Screen Saver
Round Two
Chile
Get Up
Second Grade
Entangled
April Showers
The Truth Untold
New
The Only Exception
Too Early
Coward
Pineapple
The Confession
Lies
Crazy
Stare
What If's
Won't Let Go
The Deal
Lost Stars
Texting
Rejection
The Pizza and the Pursuant
Hawk
I Know
Guilty
Hope
It's Done
Bring May Flowers
Begin
Bound to Find Out
I Miss You
Surprise
Thank You

Get to Know You

33.3K 1K 699
By Ichiranramen

SURPRISE! I updated today! I know I said I wasn't after everything deleted, but I've been hard at work and have an update for you guys! I don't think I've ever typed so fast, so please ignore any mistakes along the way!

Yes, I know what some of you are thinking, this chapter was already published. If you were one of the bunch who happened to read it while it was up shortly, I apologize! Somehow the original version got uploaded, and all of my revisions were then deleted. That is why it was probably extremely confusing for y'all to read! I'm sorry, but here is the ACTUAL update!

-

Okay y'all. Here's the deal. You don't need to staple your wigs down or anything just yet, but the story is going to be progressing more in these next couple chapters! Enjoy!

Sorry for late update! *runs away and watches Charlie Puth's music video*

-

"I didn't know I'd collapse like that," Jungkook says when it's his turn to explain the incident to the camera. He laughs halfheartedly, shaking his head lightly. "It's the first time that happened to me." Looking down, he adds, "I was very flustered. I was overworking myself. My body knew it... I knew it."

-

The managers continue to get him cooled down the best they can. You kneel down, and begin to put the ice pack you brought in on his forehead. "Ah, I've got it." The man says, taking over the position your hand had on his forehead.

Nodding your head, you retreat back to the side of the room. You want to help somehow, but know that they know what they're doing. There's no doctor's, so you take that as a sign that his situation isn't life threatening, which brings you some relief while you watch.

The other manager that kneels by the lower half of Jungkook's body grabs the hem of his shirt and moves it up and down, allowing air to flow into it. "Take off his socks." The man that fans Jungkook's face says. "He said he's fine, but I think he should take them off."

Eyes closed, laying flat on the floor, Jungkook weakly shakes his head. "Don't..."

"You're okay?" He asks again.

The other manager continues to take off his socks nonetheless, lifting up his foot. "No, don't." Jungkook breathes, his voice giving out towards the end. You watch as he swallows harshly, eyes scrunched. He's been in so much pain, but barely showed it while preforming. It amazes you.

"Your socks are your pride?" The manager jokes, adjusting the pack on his head. Jimin laughs for the first time since you got here - before Jungkook got like this - while sitting in a chair next to him. "It's a little embarrassing, right?" The man laughs, then sighs out of relief. "It's okay."

He smiles.

Jungkook smiles. Like Jimin, for the first time since before the show began. Through his closed eyes that hide his pain, he smiles.

***

"Noona..."

"I know, I'm sorry." You apologize while picking at the instant ramen cup. "This is the best I could do. I promise I'll take you out for real next time."

Shaking his head quickly, he eats a bite of the ramen from his cup. "No, no..." He pauses, chewing the noodles that bask in the salty, flavored water. "I like it! See?"

You smile gently with a small chuckle. "Thank you, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind when I promised you ramen." You nervously glance around the practice room that you sit in the middle of. Going out for ramen with an idol is a lot harder than you thought, so you resorted to treating him after his practice today as the least you could do.

"Well it's a good thing I don't remember the details." He says, referencing to last week at the concert.

"If you can make it through this and show everyone how strong you really are, then I promise to take you out for ramen when we get back home." That's what you had told him, and you're not one to break a deal, so here you are in the middle of the practice room at BigHit, eating ramen on the floor.

"Yeah..." You trail off, thinking back on the disaster that happened only a week back in Santiago. "I- everyone was really worried about you. I haven't really asked, but how are you doing?"

Setting his cup down on the floor, he folds his hands in lap. "I'm fine, really. That's never happened to me before, so I didn't know what to think of the situation. I just kept going."

"You did," With a slight chuckle, you recall the events as if they just happened.

"How are you doing? I mean, how were you doing, back then? My mind was moving so fast, that I don't even remember most of what happened." He asks, his eyes showing his worry. You could see that he's wanted to ask you this for a while.

Meeting his eyes, you answer his question. "To be honest, I wasn't okay. I came to that show with a migraine from to start with, but that ended up being one of the smaller problems as the concert progressed." You explain, fidgeting with your fingers as you form the sentences in your head. "Everything didn't make sense at first."

You open your mouth to continue, but nothing comes out. "Jungkook," You say, defeated. "I wasn't okay." With a breath out, you gently shake your head, breaking your gaze with him. "And I hate that I'm saying that because of how much pain you were in."

"I'm sorry," He says quietly. You look back at him, only to see that his head is down. About to say something, you stop when he goes on. "I made everyone so worried. All I could think of during the show was that I didn't know the next time we would be able to come back to our fans there. So, I worked my body until I couldn't anymore."

"Don't apologize. No one intended for this to happen, especially you." You say sternly. "I mean, it was stupid of you to work yourself to such extent, but you wouldn't have done it if you knew what would happen. Just," You sigh, "Think back on what happened last week whenever you think of doing that again. It affects everyone around you, too."

Looking back up, he nods his head, lips pursed. "Thank you, Noona."

"I haven't done anything - well, unless you count me giving you old, instant ramen." He laughs, his cute teeth making an appearance once again. "Anyways, what were you saying before?" You ask as you pick up the unfinished ramen cup; he does the same.

He looks up at you while swallowing the noodles he put in his mouth moments before. "Oh... well, never mind."

"That didn't sound too convincing." You say while poking at the cup that sits in front of you.

Avoiding eye contact with you, he concentrates on the floor. "Noona, I- well I just want to know more about you."

"Oh," You peep, taken aback by his words. You think- you know that he means it as a friendly gesture, but the question underlying the sentence is present. Could it mean something more?

Scratching the back of his neck, he looks down nervously. "Ah, just forget what I sa-"

"No!" You cut him off quickly, trying to fix the situation. "No, I just wasn't expecting that. I guess I want to know more about you too, Jungkook."

You hear him let out a breath of what seems to be relief. "Um... I- I'm sorry. I don't really know how to do these kind of things." He stutters cutely while glancing up at you, his legs crossed and hands cupped around the ramen cup.

"Let's just starts easy," You suggest. "Where are you from?"

You see him relax, glad that you saved him once again from the awkward situation. "Busan."

"I've lived here in Seoul all my life." You say while setting your chopsticks in the cup, giving up on it completely. "You can ask a question now."

"Uh, what's your favorite color?" He asks, tensing up again.

Chuckling lightly, you respond, "I like red."

"I like red too!" He exclaims, acting as if a third of the populations favorite color isn't red.

"Why do you like red?" You ask next.

Again, you see him relax, even though it's just a little. "I don't know. Well, I guess it's because it reminds me of hip hop."

You nod your head before giving your reason. "I like it because it expresses many things. Red can mean anger, energy, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire... and love." You list, looking him directly in the eyes. "I think it's a very beautiful color, filled with many intense emotions."

He stares back at you, lost from words. You too are surprised in yourself with the way this simple question led to you saying that. You awkwardly shift in your spot on the hard floor, waiting for him to go on. "That was..."

"A lot. I know," You sigh. "I'm not the best at doing these things either."

"That was a lot," He nods. "But... it was good."

"Good?" You question, not understanding what he means.

He shakes his head. "No, not good. It was very meaningful, but I understood all of it."

A shy smile made it's way to your face. "Thank you."

"Uh," He clears his throat, "It's my turn. Why'd you choose your career?"

Your smile turns gentle upon his question. "My Mom, she was a makeup artist. People would tell her that she was crazy for wanting to be one, and that she would never be successful." Looking up, you meet his eyes. Leaning back, your hands support you on the hard floor. "She proved them wrong. I was little when she passed away, but I never forgot about her. And here I am today."

"She sounded very brave. Your mom, I mean, much like what I've seen of you. I'm not in much of a position to say this, but I think if she saw you today, she'd be proud." Your smile catches his eye. "What is it? Did I say something stupid again?"

You shake your head while still smiling. "No, it's not that. You didn't pity me. Usually when I tell people that my mom passed away, they apologize to me. I know they have good intentions, but," You sigh. "I don't know. It just makes me happy when rather than apologizing, they say something like you did. It makes me think of the memory of her, not the memory of her passing away."

"I'm glad I did something right this time." He chuckles. "Noona," He begins, glancing up to meet your vulnerable eyes. His eyes, silver like lightning, anchor you on. "Has anyone ever told you you have quite a way with words?"

"E-excuse me?" You involuntarily say.

You watch as his mouth gapes open, and he shakes his head. All signs of temptation gone from his eyes. "No, no, I didn't mean it like that! I just meant that the way you say things is very expressive." He sighs, while looking down, his hand clenched in a fist. He's clearly annoyed at himself. "I'm sorry, Noona. I swear, I didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay," You say hesitantly. He explained himself, and you believe him, but for some reason you still blush. "Hey, it's okay, really. It was actually quite funny, watching you get all flustered." You say jokingly, even though you're heart is still pounding.

He scratches the back of his neck that continues to hang low, while groaning in defeat. "Noona, I always say the wrong thing around you."

"I said it's okay, but you still haven't answered the question!" You assert, trying to change the topic as quickly as possible. "Why'd you choose this career?"

Pausing before moving on, he finally looks up, revealing his flustered face. "Well, I don't exactly know why or how I came to where I am today. I mean, as a kid singing was as much of my life as anything else was. I knew what I wanted to do, but I never imagined to make it this far."

You nod your head once again, glad that at least some of the unpleasantness is gone. "Do you have any hidden talents? Other than the obvious of course."

"I like photography." He answers without hesitation, showing his cute smile while talking about the subject that seems to make him more comfortable. "When we travel, I usually take lots of pictures when we have time. I guess I don't know if it's a talent, but I take care into making them look good."

"Can I see some?" You ask without thinking anything of it.

"Oh," He pops. "Well, I don't have them on my phone, but I- um, I'll download them on my phone and then I can show you some time."

You smile gratefully at him. "I'd like that, but if it saves you any of trouble, do you just want my number?" You ask him, and you see his pupils widen as he takes a gulp. "I mean, just because the staff doesn't like us on our phones while working and all that. I just thought it'd make it easier, that's all." You quickly say, trying to make the question less of a big deal than it's set to be.

"Y-yeah," He stutters, shifting on the hard floor. "That makes sense."

***

Laying on your bed later that night, you stare at your phone like a teenage girl waiting for her crush to call. Except, you're neither of those things. That doesn't stop you from waiting for a text that may or may not come tonight. After thinking it over, you do think it's a little rushed. Heck, you just gave the guy your number a few hours ago. He's probably still busy.

Thinking back on the conversation you had with Jungkook, you smile. The whole conversation practically consisted of both of you saying something, then doubting yourself, before the other would agree quickly. It was awkward, he was awkward, you were awkward...But somehow thinking back on it makes you smile.

Rolling on your back, you set your phone down to the side of you. Staring up at the ceiling of your bedroom, you close your eyes. It's not even near the time you usually go to bed, but you're somehow tired. Although, your brain is still spinning. It's as if nothing you do will satisfy what you need.

But then, you don't even know what it is you need.

"Food," You say aloud the moment the word comes into your mind. Food solves problems, right?

Getting up from the comfort of your bed, you waddle into the kitchen of your apartment. Opening up the nearly empty fridge, you hastily grab the last bottle that practically screams memories of your childhood.

The small carton of banana milk seems like it's made to be held by you. The coolness the simple yet delicious milk-and-water blend brings to your throat is just what you needed to relieve your cluttered mind.

Humming in approval, you pull away from the silky goodness, and are left with a milk mustache lining your lips. You wipe the excess off with the back of your hand before taking another sip. Leaning against your now closed fridge, you sigh.

What is it about you that makes me want to know more?

[A/N]

Unedited.

Hello everyone! I hope this chapter is a little more happy than the passed few! I want you guys to find joy in my writing, that's one of the biggest reasons I do all this! Please be patient with me and my updates. I really want to give you guys the best version I can, and sometimes that take a little time!

I've been working hard on writing a story that will hopefully be published after I'm done with either Fallen or The Makeup Artist (whichever get's done first) so please make sure to follow me if you'd like to read future content! It's a lot different from the stories I have out there at the moment, so make sure not to miss it!

Back to the story, do y'all like when things are in Jungkook's POV? Let me know in the comments because I'm debating on doing that for future chapters. Of course, this won't be a normal occurring thing, but how did you guys like it in the last chapter?

That's all I've got for you today, and as always, have a nice day!

-Ichiranramen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 1.7K 47
Completed! "I love you!" "What? Excuse me?" "I saw you! You were only visible to me?" "What do you mean?" What if Jin and Jungkook know each other ev...
1.4K 49 20
Some Scenarios about you and a BTS member! Imagine this: What if you were in a relationship with your BTS bias? Or you met him, or all of them? ...
411K 9.2K 57
a very fluffy story about how you and jungkook fall in love
65.1K 1.4K 39
What happened if one day Y/N fell in love with someone she didn't expect. ONE DAY: Jungkook:"Fine I will marry Rosé" . . . . . . Y/N:" JUNGKOOK PLEA...