Waiting For My Mate

By Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 11

12.3K 328 132
By Veikari

Freed got dressed into the clothes Laxus had brought for him. They were obviously too big, but he didn't complain. They were so comfortable and smelled like Laxus, making his heart beat fast and when he was still alone he took a deep sniff of the shirt. Was it because he had inhaled too deeply or Laxus' smell he wasn't sure but for a moment he actually felt dizzy.

Once he recovered he let his green hair fall down, brushed it and tied it up in a high ponytail. Then the swordsman stepped out of the bathroom.

"Shower is free", he smiled at Laxus who was making something in the kitchen.

"Okay", the bigger man muttered.

"What are you doing?" Freed asked curiously and he came closer.

"Just some snacks, nothing complicated", Laxus said. "And some tea for you since you hate drinking coffee at this time of the evening."

"Thank you", Freed said with a smile. "That was really thoughtful."

"Nothing special", Laxus shrugged and he looked at his mate. "You look good in those clothes", he praised.

"Really?"

"You look cute."

Freed blushed. Cute? Laxus actually called him cute? At the same time he was flattered but also a little bit hurt. He was a tall, muscular man, not some cute little girl in big clothes. Surprisingly Laxus seemed to notice what he was thinking.

"You know I don't mean it the way you're obviously thinking it", he assured. "You're handsome and athletic and I just like it when I see you wearing my clothes. Just like last time", he said.

"Last time?" Freed asked and his face was burning red because of all the compliments Laxus gave him. He could hardly breathe normally.

"Yeah, you don't remember? We were on a mission like seven months ago and you forgot to bring an extra set of clothes with you so you had to borrow mine."

"Oh..." Freed muttered now recalling it. "We were in a middle of nowhere and if i remember correctly it was your fault I got all muddy", he reminded.

"Trifling matter", Laxus coughed. "We survived."

"Why am I always the one who ends up getting muddy or soaked or something similar?" Freed wondered raising his eyebrows at Laxus.

"Who knows, you're usually so proper and tidy I guess the universe finds you an easy target to have a little fun with?" Laxus taunted playfully.

"Or maybe my teammates rather than the universe", Freed grumbled. "Well, thank you for the clothes anyway", he said and poured some tea for himself. "They are comfortable."

"Good. Make yourself at home", Laxus said and went to the bathroom. "And don't go anywhere", he reminded before closing the door.

Freed smiled and sat on the couch and put his teacup on the coffee table. This was really nice. He took one of the books from the bookshelf. They were almost all bought by Freed and he was always happy to notice Laxus had kept them all.

He just sat there, reading a book and sipping his tea. At some point the shower was turned off and then the door opened. Freed took a look at the door and almost choked in his tea. Laxus was wearing nothing but his pyjama pants, blond hair still dripping water and his skin was damp. Freed's eyes were almost glued to stare those beautiful bulky muscles.

"Like what you see?" Laxus smirked noticing the glare from the younger man.

"Y-yes", Freed managed to stutter with a blush.

Of course he had seen Laxus before when they went on a spa or something like that. But this was totally different. It felt like Laxus was waiting so he could watch him as much as possible, adoring his abs and everything. Well, not everything since he still had his pants on though they were dangerously low...

Laxus brought the snack plate to the coffee table and sat down on the couch right next to Freed who was still cherry red.

"I like that book", Laxus stated noticing the book Freed had been reading. "It's good."

"Really? You actually read books?" Freed asked snapping out of his daydreams.

"Don't look like that, of course I read books", Laxus muttered pouting. "Not as much as you – only Levy reads as much as you do – but I still like some books. I have read every book you have bought for me. I might not like all of them but that one I really like."

"You don't need to read them if you don't like them", Freed assured smiling. "I won't get offended."

"Nah, when I start something I should finish it", Laxus said munching the snacks.

"I have more books like this if you would like to try them."

"Sure, thanks."

Silence landed in the living room for a moment as Laxus kept eating snacks and Freed got absorbed in his thoughts.

"Wanna watch something?" the blond asked lifting the remote.

"N-no..." Freed said to the sudden question. "Actually there is something we need to talk about", he said.

"What?"

"You know what. This whole situation, everything that has happened."

"What about it?" Laxus asked standing up and he went to a small cabinet in the living room. He took out a bottle of fine whiskey and wine, bringing them to the table.

"I-I mean... Don't you think this is weird?" Freed asked. He was really impressed how calm Laxus was with all this.

"No", Laxus said like it was nothing and fetched glasses from the kitchen.

"At all? How on Earth are you taking this so calmly?" Freed asked confused and impressed.

"How? Because I'm not you", Laxus answered pouring wine for Freed.

"How is that an answer?"

"I don't overthink things", Laxus explained and set the wineglass on Freed's hand. "This feels natural and right so what's the problem?"

"It is a huge change in our lives!"

"Yeah, I know. But it's not a bad change right?"

"N-no, of course not."

"So it's good. I've known about your crush for a good while now."

"Y-you have?" Freed stuttered in shock. Laxus just poured some whiskey for himself and sat back on the couch.

"You weren't that good at hiding it", he chuckled. "Almost everyone knew."

"They did?" Freed whined and he facepalmed. "Oh my god this is so embarrassing..."

"Don't worry, I'm not mad", Laxus assured. "I was flattered", he said wrapping his arm around Freed's shoulders and gently pulled the man close to him.

"You never said anything..." Freed muttered.

"I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure if it would be a good thing for us to date. We are teammates after all and you're one of my best friends. I didn't want to hurt you. I have already hurt you enough in the past."

"Once again I tell you, I have forgiven you and so have everyone else", Freed said with a smile. "You shouldn't worry about it anymore."

"You make it sound so easy", Laxus laughed. "Maybe you and the guild have forgiven me but I'm not sure if I can forgive myself for what I've done."

"Laxus..."

"That's just something I have to go through. I don't want to forgive myself just yet. I need to do my absolute best to keep Fairy Tail safe and help my guild mates however I can."

"Thunder Legion will always stay by your side and we will help you reach your goal", Freed swore, immediately snapped in the Captain of the Thunder Legion mode. "We will do whatever it takes so we can help you and the others."

"I know", Laxus chuckled. His captain was always so serious about his duties. "I'm glad I have you guys beside me. Especially you", he hummed and Freed almost fainted when he felt soft lips on his burning cheek. "I really want you to be my mate, Freed. I was really tempted to join you in the shower earlier."

"What?" Freed asked his eyes widening. Laxus actually had the same idea as he did?!

"Yeah, but then I thought that you might just get startled, since this is all so sudden. I want you as my mate but I don't want to ruin this by moving faster than what makes you comfortable." It wasn't easy, he really wanted to carry Freed to the bedroom but he had to restrain himself.

"B-but... What if it's just this season?" Freed finally asked what had been on his mind and suddenly his mouth felt dry. "Once the season is over, maybe you won't think of me the same way anymore?"

Laxus sighed. He should've known. Freed had some time to think and he had already sank in the worst possible scenarios in his head.

"You must trust me on this, Freed", Laxus said softly caressing Freed's cheek with his thumb. "You were gone the whole week, I had time to think this through. I'm not going to change my mind. I only want you."

Freed felt breathless. Laxus had really given this serious thought. He sounded so confident and it made his heart beat even faster than before. The Dragon Slayer probably could hear how it pounded against his rib cage.

"I know what I want", Laxus whispered in his ear making Freed shiver. "Now I only need to know what you want."

"I..." the Rune Mage said with shaking voice just staring somewhere ahead. "I want nothing more than your happiness, Laxus. That has always been enough for me..." he sighed. "I would never want you to feel hurt or regret something because of me."

"I would never regret anything if it's something I got to do with you", Laxus said. "Never."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Hey, you know that when I decide something nothing will change my mind", Laxus smirked. "Or at least it has to be something really remarkable before I would do so and I don't believe there is anyone who is against this, at least anyone who is important enough to convince me to care about their opinion. And I can be sure about this because I just know. I don't know how to explain things like this but I just simply know what I want. I want you, Freed. This mating season only confirmed my feelings."

"And made you ridiculously jealous", Freed chuckled making Laxus pout.

"I understand that maybe this was kinda fast for you", blond said sipping his whiskey. "I can give you time to think. But please stay here."

Freed sighed with a small smile.

"Alright", he said. "I'll think about it but I will stay here if that is what you want."

"That is what I want", Laxus murmured and he felt so relaxed and happy when Freed was here in his arms.

"Laxus?"

"Yeah?"

"You're purring", Freed smirked. "That's cute."

"Fuck you", Laxus pouted, but smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 159 11
Fairy Tail x Male oc bxb bl harem gxg cursing smuts depending on where the story is going. I don't own Fairy Tail I only own my oc
75.3K 2.3K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...
233K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
1.4K 54 21
My mother disappeared when I was merely five years old and I was alone. I cried everyday until I wandered into the forest and met my best friend, Pri...