The Imperfect Masterpiece

Autorstwa TonyStarks_Babe

"That artwork is not for sale." I say indefinitely, my arms crossing over my chest. Surprise was blatantly ap... Więcej

A/N + Characters
Chapter 1: "...The Devil wears Stilettos..."
Chapter 2: "...I'll show you how Alcohol works..."
Chapter 3: "...Viral Rivals..."
Chapter 4: "...Deal?..."
Chapter 5: "...'Erik' vs Prospèro..."
Chapter 6: "...Love at First Drink..."
Chapter 7: "...Dinosaur GRRRRR..."
Chapter 9: "...Ski masks and Black gloves..."
Chapter 10: "...Partners in Crime..."
Chapter 11: "...Taken..."
Chapter 12: "...Undeniable Truth..."

Chapter 8: "...Dinosaurs by the Sea..."

49 4 14
Autorstwa TonyStarks_Babe

Chapter visuals above ⬆️
A/N:
P: Hi guys... you have every right to be mad at us, but we are very sorry, especially me. Me and J kinda just weren't prepared for how much of a struggle it would be to update weekly and do everything else in our lives that was happening. Also there were a few surprises that occurred in our lives that kinda took first priority (no neither of us had a child 😑😂 ) so sorry about that. We're now on holiday tho, so we should be able to make the rest of the story. We've planned the whole story out so all we have to do is make them into chapters.
So just to recap, thanks and sorry for the wait and hope you guys understand.

Now enjoy this chapter and expect the next one to be just as enticing.

Love P & J

ANGELICA'S POV

"Dinosaur... GRRRRR!!!" Prospèro exclaimed suddenly.

"Oh god... you actually just did that..." I said, trying not to cry from how much it hurt to laugh.

Luckily, I could hear Prospèro laugh with me.

As I'm trying to calm down, I realised that I had never properly heard him laugh. It sounded so foreign to me, so unlike him. At best, I heard him chuckle smugly or huff out a briefly amused laugh.

But never have I heard a genuine laugh.

It was nice... like music to my ears. He sounded more carefree and pure, like he was actually just enjoying the moment and not trying to make a deal or make a scene.

It was fascinating to listen to for the brief time that I did, but when he finally calmed down, he looked at me and sighed in embarrassed amusement.

"You ready for our 'Sculptures by the Sea' stroll?..." he asked, gesturing to loop my arm with his.

Still smiling and slightly giddy, I loop my arm with his and we begin our stroll, descending down to the numerous pathways that led to different dinosaurs. Occasionally stopping to take photos with amazingly sculpted figures of dinosaurs with different materials.

Unbeknownst to me however, Prospèro was old fashioned and brought an actual Vintage Polaroid camera, like the gorgeous hipster he was.

Gosh... Even his hair fell in-front of his face as he waited for the photo to develop... like a hipster.

His jet black hair that curled at the ends, made him look pretty damn perfect.

Ughh... Why is such a handsome man like him, hanging out with an awkward, slightly insecure girl like me?!!

"Hey, If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean by, the artist and you have the same soul?" I asked, curiosity embedded in my voice.

I could tell that the question caught him off-guard, as he looked deep in thought and a little nervous.

He didn't speak for quite some time, but I waited for him to respond.

I need to know.

"Um... Well, uh-h I could see myself in the painting..." He trailed off, removing his arm from mine, and walking towards the railing overlooking the sea.

"Look... The only reason I'm asking you this, is because I've been in contact with the artist, and she's kinda stuck on what to create." I said, hoping that it would give him the confidence to speak.

"Well, I guess when I saw the artwork, it was just so raw with an unapologetic emotion that completely moved me. It just triggers a weird, yet strong response from me that just draws me to it... i-I just can't explain what I feel from the artwork, but whatever it is, I was hoping she could replicate that again for me. That's why I want her to paint whatever she wants..." He explained.

Well, that was both vague and insightful.

If he can relate to an artwork that I made when my mum died, I can only imagine what he could be relating this to. What could he possibly have felt that would make him feel that connected to me, especially when I was at my lowest?!

My most vulnerable.

When all my emotions were no longer held in, and it was just the raw and unfiltered me, in the most damned time in my life.

This got me worried...

"Hey, you've been quiet for a while now, you ok?..." he asked, nervously worried.

Blinking rapidly, I remember that I was walking among a plethora of dinosaur artworks with Prospèro. I smiled realising the reality of the situation.

"Yea, I was just in deep thought from what you said. I think that will help clear up the artists' mental blank... so yea, thanks." I said awkwardly.

"Oh ok, no problem then." He replied, as we continued to walk towards an 8 foot tall pink Tyrannosaurus Rex statue.

Snatching the camera from Prospèro, I tell him to go to the dinosaur statue and strike a pose.

What I got as a result, was not what I expected...

Rather than posing like a normal person, he decided to re-do the whole 'George dinosaur' pose. Sound effect and all.

Damn... I shouldn't be falling for him this quickly, should I?

"Alright, your turn!" He yelled, grabbing his polaroid and pushing me towards the T. Rex.

I guess, now he'll know I was never meant to be a model. And what I mean by that is... I 'pose' like I need to take a shit in chilly weather and put my hands in a praying position, doing the '#blessed' pose. The look he had on his face, was a mixture of laughter and confusion.

"Why?!..." He said as he looked at me.

"It's a meme, I guess... don't worry about it." I said, not wanting to explain how weird my mind works.

"No, I get that, but... just why?... out of all poses." He asked again.

"Why the fuck not?! So shut up and take the photo, I can't keep this pose up for much longer." I exclaimed, now trying my hardest not to laugh.

Shaking his head and chuckling, Prospèro finally takes the photo and I stand up again, relieved, because my poor legs weren't ready for a squat like that.

As we continue to walk through the exhibition, we take photos with a bedazzled stegosaurus, a neon green triceratops and a blue brontosaurus sculpture at the beach, that had bunny ears placed on its head. The brontosaurus was by far the best.

As we walked barefooted through the crowd of pterodactyls on the beach with claws painted bright colours, at some point I stopped looking at the sculptures and just started strolling across the beach admiring the sunset and waves. Not realising that Prospèro had stopped walking and was now just looking at me and taking photos, I continued on at my own leisured pace.

At some point, I stopped and just stood before the waves; cuddling myself in Prospèro's jacket, as the cool wind brushed through my hair, and just admired the sunset completely entranced.

"Beautiful, isn't it?..." Prospèro said, snapping me out of my hypnosis by the sound of the waves violently and sporadically clashing with the shore.

I turn to look at him and freeze with pure shock and almost tear-jerking awe. The light of the sunset managed to hit him in all the right places, somehow making him even more beautiful than he already was.

This truly wasn't fair.

Ughhh... Why can't I be this good looking?!!
How do I even compete with this?!

Girls must run after him like crazy with a gorgeous chiseled face like that. And his piercing eyes probably don't make it any easier. And let's not forget how perfectly the sun caresses his bronze god-like body and how the sun hits his hair in such a way that it looks like a halo, only adding to his heaven-like traits.

Letting out an annoyed sigh at how infatuated I am with him, I finally reply to his question.

"Yes, the sunset is rather captivating."

He let out another chuckle, only this time it was low and endearing. Now looking back to the view, Prospèro walks behind me and comes closer. Expecting him to take his jacket back, I brace myself for the chilly wind, but am taken back when he instead wraps his arms around me pleasantly adding more warmth.

"I wasn't talking about the sunset..." He whispered close to my ear, his voice deep and mesmerising.

His voice sends shivers down my spine, more than the damn wind does.

"Well, aren't you quite the snake charmer." I replied, while internally screaming at the fact that this was happening to me. It made me almost forget that I had planned to get him back for taking my artwork.

But now... I was getting second thoughts. I mean... after all, I was going to get it back; once I make him another one.

"Hmmm, well this snake charmer's getting cold. How about we go somewhere else to get warmer?" He asked, his voice deep with a trace of mischief embedded into it, which implied much more to his statement, making me blush.

"How about Eden? We can get a few drinks, dance a little, and even get... warm afterwards." I replied back, getting a deep 'hum' in response.

The drive to Eden was quiet but it was a welcomed silence; as we listened to classical music and enjoyed the scenery, occasionally stealing a glance from one another when we think the other wasn't looking.

I feel like I'm in highschool again. Completely and utterly fantasizing about a boy that I literally have no chance with. And he better not be playing with me! That cute shit he pulled about 30 minutes ago at the beach, better not be a load of bullshit.

Now outside the club, we drive to the VIP parking area, having told him to go there since Erika wouldn't mind it was us. We exit the car and walk over to the entrance but Prospèro grabs my hand, hesitating. I look at his cautious face and then to the direction he's looking and snicker.

"Don't worry, they won't kick you out as long as you don't make a scene again." I reassured him and gave his hand a squeeze before leading him into the club, sensing the glare one of the boys must've given him as he walked. As I begin to make my way through the crowd of dancing bodies, I start to sway to the music as well; occasionally looking back to Prospèro to make sure he was still there for some reason, even though we were still holding hands, his grip making it clear that he didn't want to get lost in the crowd.

At least I think that's the reason anyways.

Finally making it to the bar, I notice a familiar face working as the bartender tonight and call out before sitting down along with Prospèro on the stools.

"Kyle!" I exclaimed, waving at him for extra measure as I competed against the music for his attention.

After a moment of making a fool of myself, Kyle finally noticed and laughed hysterically as he walked over to us.

"A friend of yours?" Prospèro asked with a chuckle.

In that moment, I realise that he had probably just witnessed that entire ordeal just now...

Dear god, I just keep on digging my own grave.

"Y-yea we work most shifts here together. Which is why I'm surprised he's here today..." I added before turning back to face Kyle, with his friendly yet cunning smile. I had known this man enough to know that, that smile meant nothing good.

What scared me the most was that the smile wasn't targeted to me, but Prospèro.

"Why hello there lovelies, what brings you two here?..." He said with too much interest.

"We just came from a date and we decided to get some drinks before calling it a night." I replied, emphasising 'date' in hopes that Kyle will take the hint and behave.

And to my miraculous surprise he did.

"Is that so!?" Kyle said intrigued, but now more as a friend, toning it down with the eye flirting towards Prospèro and even respectively giving me a wink of congratulations and approval, which earned a chuckle from Prospèro.

"So what can I get you two?" Kyle asked reminding me that he was still at work and that we were probably slowing him down from attending to other customers.

Feeling a hint of guilt for interacting with a friend, I quickly choose the pina colada and Prospèro, a red wine. And with that he was off, making our drinks.

Not noticing Prospèro moving his chair closer to me, a shiver runs down my spine before I erupt in laughter when he whispers in ear.

"I think your friend there fancies me."

"Oh really Mr smarty pants!? What gave it away?..." I said in between burst of giggles.
Brow arched, Prospèro huffed out a smug laugh before unleashing the most seductive smirk and slowly moving towards me.

My cheek muscles now relaxing, I realise that it was no longer a laughing matter as he gets closer.

His lip now eclipsing over mine, I don't dare let out a single word as his shameless irises look to my lips and then pierce straight to my eyes mercilessly paralysing me in that moment.

If I wasn't a blushing mess before, I sure as hell am now.

"I like it when you're a bit jealous... Possessive you... it's sexy." He ruggedly said only millimeters from my lips.

Unable to comprehend what was happening I try to conjure up a retort; but before I could give up my attempt, I can already feel myself move closer to his lips.

My thoughts and past emotions faded into the muted background noise.

"Prospèro you bastard! Hands off! I saw her first!" A crude voice yells out, unwillingly dragging both me and Prospèro back to reality; noticing that our drinks were now here and so was Travis.

Looking at Prospèro's eyes I saw them go from lust and adoration to announce and outrage.
Accepting that the moment had now died and passed I close my eyes and let out a sigh in frustration before turning to see Travis's ridiculous face.

"For God sakes, Travis why don't you go somewhere else. You're drunk and I don't have time for your bullshit..."

"I'll leave when you get your hands off my woman!"

"Travis. I have never been your woman. We talked once in person and through text and then you got creepy." Is exclaimed bluntly.

With alcohol fueled rage, he spat out something that made my heart sink in pure horror.

"What! So I was only a tool for you to use against Prospèro? Was that it! Huh?! Well I guess that's why you've been ignoring me, you've clearly manipulated that thick headed caveman into falling for you on your own." He slurred in pure disgust and anger.

"What is he talking about?..." Prospèro murmured to me confused.

"I-" I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"What's this?! Little miss perfect over here, didn't tell you about how she was planning to get revenge on you through me?! Sorry to break it to you Prospèro buddy, but we've been played by this vexin of a woman." Travis spoke confidently.

Prospèro turned to face me and spoke,

"Is what he's saying true?" He said, his voice slightly hushed.

I dared not look at him.

I just stared at the ground. Which was probably not a good idea...

"Answer my fucking question!" Prospèro's voice raised slightly, his hand gently raising my chin so our eyes meet.

"Look. Please don't get mad. Just listen to me." I begged him, my hand gripping his arm tightly.

Prospèro starts to laugh... but it's not genuine.

He then lets out a defeated sigh.

"And to think I was starting to like you..." He said with such disappointment, taking his arm away from my grip.

Guilt and shame overwhelmed me, knowing that it really was my fault that he felt this way, but also I felt desperate in telling him the truth. The whole truth. He needed to know; that though I did plan on having revenge I never ended up doing it, and that I actually did care about him and that my feelings for him weren't a lie.

He at the very least deserved to know that.

But how. How could I tell him something that I was still unsure about.

"Nothing to say for yourself huh, Smith." Travis spat.

"SHUT UP TRAVIS!" I burst out as I turn to his direction once more, taking everyone aback and even catching the attention of some bouncers in the the club."GOD WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I BLOCKED YOU!?, I DIDN'T WANT TO GET BACK AT HIM ANYMORE, I DIDN'T WANT ANY REVENGE AND I CERTAINLY DIDN'T WANT TO BE AROUND YOU ANYMORE!!!" I yelled some more, but sadly in vein.

Turning around to face Prospèro, my expression and hope and frustration drops when I notice he wasn't there.

*ping*
I hear my phone go off and quickly claw at my pocket and yank it out, hoping it's Prospèro.

Opening my phone I see Prospéro's messages, which read...

PROSPÈRO: 'Left while you were arguing with your partner in crime.' The first text read.

PROSPÈRO: 'I really did start to like you, you know and the fact that all you wanted from me was revenge and my hard earned money... it's disappointing. What were you going to even do after you got revenge anyways!?' The second text read.

However, it was the final text that made my heart drop and my eyes water as I started to panic.

PROSPÈRO: 'and all of this crap for a damn painting that you didn't even make. To hell with you and the damn thing! I'm burning it! I don't ever want to hear from you again.'

Quickly I began typing...

ME: 'Look I'm frikken sorry okay? Please... I didn't mean for anything drastic to happen.'

ME: 'And BTW... This wouldn't have happened if you weren't rude to me in the first place. PLUS, we have a contract... You have to give it back to me.'

PROSPERO: 'Oh trust me... you'll get it back... in ashes..."

*You have been blocked*

And thus the panic settled in.

All the chaos in the club seemed to have been muffled as I slowly began to absentmindedly walk to Erika's office and lock myself in, with Travis still blabbing on, on the other side of the door.

But I didn't care.

Everything was falling apart and going horribly wrong. I couldn't handle this right now. I couldn't handle any of this.

At least not alone...

I call Erika.

~ END OF CHAPTER EIGHT ~

A/N:
Uh oh Prospèro's mad 😡
What do you think Erika's gonna do about it? 😏
Read + Comment + Vote + Share

Xoxo P. & J.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.3M 71K 42
"I think you've already starved me enough, Amia, just one taste. I promise I won't bite." Marcello implored, his hands slipping gently between my thi...
5.4M 187K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...
88.5K 4K 28
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #6 " O-one portrait.. " I whispered, and he replied. " That's all I want, Rose.. " He said, sounding very sens...
17K 371 43
"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confuse you. Blind you..." Not a traditional m...