'Part of a Machine..?' // Det...

By NightMidNight1

I should never fall in love with an android, but I think it's a little too late for me... How could I not fal... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter -12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter -15
Chapter - 16

Chapter - 9

169 11 0
By NightMidNight1

~**(Sooo I might have accidentally switched apart that should've came before this... But I have an idea and it'll still work out in the end. At least I think so...Hope you like it..!) **~

We got into the elevator and I watched Connor do some coin tricks. Hank looked madder by the minute. But damn he was good... Just then Hank grabbed it.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Hank said looking at him.

"Sorry, Lieutenant."

"Awe, I thought it was pretty cool." I said smiling, looking at the both of them. Connor grinned and look almost like he was sad... The elevator door opened. Hank walked out followed by me and Connor.

"Hi hank, (Y/n)." A officer said turning to look at us then back to what he was reading which I guessed was for the case.

"Was there a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank said and I smiled agreeing.

"Yeah, it was all over the news, so everybody's butting there heads in. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

"Damn Feds." I said and Hank looked back at me.

"I knew this was going to be a shitty day." He said turning back around I look at Connor.

"Coming?" I said and he nodded walking beside me. The cop walked about how four androids new the place like a back hand restaurant. Three androids were controlling the broadcast room and nobody even noticed them. Turns out the deviants took two humans hostage inside the broadcast room also. And then made their getaway from the roof. Using parachutes... We finally walk into the broadcast room.

"Oh Lieutenant, this Special Agent Perkins from the FBI." The officer said, and I stopped. I knew this man... Hank walked towards him while I was weary, "Lieutenant Anderson is in charge of investigating for the Detroit police. Oh- And this is Investigator (L/n)." Perkins looks at me then Connor.

"Whats that?"

"I'm Connor. The android sent from CyberLIfe."

"Androids investigating androids, huh?" Perkins looks back at me, "And (Y/n) Still allowed to work, eh? I'm not surprised."

"That wasn't my fault I-..."

"Shh- I've heard enough." He said looking back at Hank, at that moment I wanted to slap him, "You sure you want androids hanging around? After everything that happened?" I though he shouldn't be bringing things up like this since its were suppose to be working.

"I don't think this is a talking matter Perkins." I said getting angry, I think Connor could tell.

"Whatever... The FBI will be taking over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case." He said grinning that horrific grin.

"Pleasure meeting you, have a nice day." Hank said walking away.

"And you watch you're step. Don't fuck up my crime scene." Perkins said walking away...

"What a fuckin' prick." Hank replied.

"Agreed, Wish I never knew him in the first place."

"What happened?"

"We'll talk about it later." I said looking around, Connor went his own way to investigate. Noting the workers hat on the ground I guessed that they probably dressed as workers.

"They didn't break in?" Connor asked and the officer replied 'no sigh of force entry'.

"There are cameras in the hallway. The staff would've seen what was happening... Why did they let them in?"

"Maybe they didn't check the cameras?" Hank said and I responded.

"Unless one of the androids that were in here were a deviant?" Connor looked at me.

"Maybe..."Connor deiced to check the footage closer. Bringing up the speech. I saw Perkins watching from a far. He then turned to me, but I wouldn't back down my glare, he turned away. I then look and see Connor walking my direction.

"I think they probably dressed as workers." Connor looked down at the hat, I though I saw something like a flick of lights in his eyes, "Con, are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't know, (Y/n)." He said looking back up to me.

"You're acting strange." I put my hand and his shoulder. His LED flickered for a moment before he turned getting back to work. I deiced to look at the androids that they put in the staff room since one of them might be a deviant. I walk in there looking at them all, after awhile Connor comes in.

"I'll interrogate them." Connor said, I backed up leaning against the table.

"Have at it."

"State your model." Connor said to the very left one which looked off.

"Model JB300, serial number 336 445 581." At that moment I thought it eyed Connor but surely not...

"What is your function?"

"I am a broadcast operator."

"Hmm..." I said Connor looked back at me before asking it some more questions.

"Have you been in contact with any androids recently?"

"Only station androids in the normal course of my function."

"How bout when the deviants broke in?" I asked.

"I do not remember."

"Run a diagnostic." Connor said, suddenly the androids eyes twitched like it was having a seizure.

"All systems fully operational..." Connor turned to me and looked like he needed some inspiration so I gave him the thumbs up. He grinned before turning back around to continue to question them. Damn he's adorable.

"One of you saw the the attack on the surveillance cameras and said nothing. Which means there's a deviant in the room, and I'm going to find which one it is." Connor said like a bad ass. Maybe he can be what I thought... He continued, "you're going to be switched off. We're gonna search your memory and tear you apart."

"And I thought Hank was bad..." I muttered.

"Turn yourself in, or two innocent androids will be shut down because of you." Just then the left android pushed Connor against the counter. I quickly got off the table and tried to pull him off, but in response hit me in the face hard. I hit the ground hard.... "(Y/N)..!" I hear Connor groan in pain I open my eyes and see him missing a part and with a knife through his hand. I looking around I find the part on the ground, I crawl quickly towards it while Connor pulls out the knife from his hand landing on the floor.

"Got it." I said crawling back towards him and finally handing it to him. His LED flickers before he gets up, "Are you alright?" I asked, he holds out a hand and helps me up.

"We gotta stop that deviant." Connor said and runs out of the room followed by me. We make it to the hallway and Connor calls out, "It's a deviant stop it!" Everything felt as it was slow motion. The deviant grabbed the FBI's AK and was about to shoot, but Connor just in time grabbed a pistol and shot him. I was in shock.

"Nice shot Connor." Hank said help another police officer up.

"Yeah, a damn good shot, Con." I said trying to steady my breathing. I bend down to stretch.

"I wanted it alive."

"You saved human lives..." Hank said and paused, "you saved my life." Connor looked at Hank then walked over to the body. I patted Hank on the back and grinned.

"Agreed..."

....

I open my eyes and check my phone which read 1:21 am. I look around to see snow and we're at a park...? I see Hank sitting with Connor standing next to him. So I decide to get out the car and head over to them.

"Hi lady's, was I missing out?" I asked walking over to the ledge.

"How bout you tell him 'the story,' (Y/n)?" Hank asks me and I turn around. He nods.

"Well Hank had a son named Cole..." I pause looking a Connor. I didn't want to say much since I had my own fair experiences. I cough pulling out a tissue. Hank looks at me with slight concern, "Eh, I think we should talk about something else.."

"We're not making any progress on this investigation. There's no similarities between any of them..." Connor walks around with arm motions..

"They want to be human." I say looking at him cautiously.

"Their virus... Although, they do have this Ra9." Connor returns the look.

"A god." Hank says as we both look at him. Although he's drinking... "Fuck, what's this world coming too..?" I lean over the rail shaking from the cold, but I knew I could last a while longer.

"I do think these deviants are very much like humans. How they just feel things ya know." I said looking at nothing in particular.

"Like the two Connor and I saw at the Eden Club... They looked in love." Hank said as Connor walked closer to him.

"You look troubled Lieutenant." Connor said sounding like a jackass. I was about to saying something smart ass-y, but Hank got there before me.

"How bout' you Connor?" Hank asked. I turned to watch this heat up, "you look human, you sound human, but what are you really?"

"I'm whatever you want me to be. Your partner... Your buddy to drink with... Or just a machine. Designed to accomplish a task."

"You could've shot those two at the Eden club, but you didn't. Why didn't you shoot, Connor?" Hank said pushing Connor. I almost intervened, but deiced not too, "Becoming a deviant?"

"No, I just deiced not to shoot that's all." Just then Hank pulled out his gun.

"Whoa, chill Hank." I said putting my arms up. He didn't listen.

"But are you afraid to die, Connor?"

"I would hind it regrettable to be... Interrupted before I can finish the investigation."

"What would happen if I pull this trigger? Hm, Nothing? Oblivion? Android heaven?"

"I doubt there's a heaven for androids."

"Having doubts, Connor? Sure your not going deviant too?" Hank said looking at me I look at the ground.

"I wish..." I said as I knew the both of them looked at me, but I didn't care. "Honestly, Connor. Whatever you may feel it means something, and I think that's good."

"I know what I am and what I'm not." Connor said and I looked up from what a stern voice he used. Hank put his gun down and turned from Connor. Hank started to walk away.

"Where are you going."

"To get drunker. I need to think."

"I'd think I would join you on that one Hanky." I said and started to walk after him. Although I hated leaving Connor... Poor Con Con...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
156K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
939K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
72.9K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...