45 Days to Save the Bad Boy

By AwesomeMC

Georgie Talbot is a nerd. She gets bullied daily, but does nothing to stop it. One day, a creepy man who is... More

45 Days to Save the Bad Boy
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Epilogue
Fun Facts! *May contain spoilers*

Fifteen

42.8K 1.6K 637
By AwesomeMC

Before we begin, I'd like to ask you to please at least skim the author's note at the end!  Thanks a bundle, enjoy!!

~~

Day 20.  Currently, Breton, Peter, and I are on our way to the school.  It’s about five o’clock in the evening on a Saturday.  Why are we going to school you ask?  We’re going to get Dallas back.  Not that he was ever really away from us, basically we’re trying to get him to forgive me.  Breton’s here because he’s “watching us to make sure there is not any funny business”.  I don’t know why he insists on thinking that Peter and I have feelings for each other.  Boys are weird.  Besides, Breton is the one that took my first kiss.  If anything, it would make the most sense for Peter to be watching Breton and I for “funny business”, which isn’t going to happen, so really no one needs to watch anyone.  Except Dallas, we all need to watch Dallas.

“Is she listening?” Breton asked Peter from the front of the car.  I ignored them and kept writing.

I really hope Dallas will forgive me.  He’s a good friend, I screwed up big time.  Besides, if I can get the bad boy to forgive me, Dallas shouldn’t be a problem.  

“The two of you aren’t dating?”  Breton and Peter spoke quietly in the front seats while George kept me company in the back.

“No way.  I know how you feel about her.  Besides, Georgie is like my little sister.”

I perked up as I heard my name, but kept my head down and pencil on the page as the cousins continue to discuss.

Breton’s voice got really quiet.  “So, do you think I screwed up?  When I kissed her?”

“Nah.  It was her first kiss, I’m pretty sure threatening you is the natural reaction,” Peter laughed.

Abruptly, the car came to a stop in the middle of the street.  My head flew forward in between the driver’s seat and shotgun, then jerked back to hit my headrest.  I blinked hard and restored my vision, then watched as Breton’s body twisted around in his seat so he was facing me.

“I was your first kiss?” he questioned.  Stunned, I just nodded.  Is this where the bad boy tells the good girl it was a mistake, and he was sorry, then the good girl’s feelings get hurt and she silently muses on how it wasn’t a mistake to her?  Because that seems really cliche.

“Georgie, why didn’t you tell me?”  I guess this conversation wouldn’t be taking a cliche route after all.

“How exactly do you bring it up in a conversation?  ‘Hey Breton, remember two seconds ago when you kissed me?  While that was the first time someone else’s lips have ever touched my own!  Congratulations, have some cake!’  I didn’t see that going over real well.  Plus, I was busy being stunned.”

“Ooh, is he really that good of a kisser?”  As Breton and I turned to look at him incredulously, Peter winked and made kiss faces.  “Don’t mind me, please.  Continue with your little make-out session.”

“Thank you,” I said.  “Wait, we weren’t making out!”

“But you want to?” Peter asked.

“Leave it Pete,” Breton warned, before turning back around in his seat and continuing to drive.  Thankfully, there hadn’t been any other cars on the street, or we would be roadkill.

After a brief awkward silence, I spoke up.  “So, what’s the plan to get Dallas’ forgiveness?”

“Alright Georgie, this is a complicated two-step plan, so stay with me.  Step one is we find Dallas.  Step two, you say sorry.  End mission,” explained Peter.

“That’s it?  No fireworks, no big finish?  You guys suck at apology plans.”

“It’s simple, but as long as you mean it, he’ll forgive you.  Trust us Georgie, we know what we’re doing.  Dallas is a friend of ours too you know.”

I sometimes forgot my friends had other friends.  Wow, I really am a bad friend.

As we pulled up to the school, I took a deep breath.

“I just want you both to know that I really appreciate you being there for me.  If things don’t work out with Dallas, I’m glad I have you two.  I know I’m not a really good friend, but I’m trying my hardest, and I hope you know that you are the two best friends I have ever had, even if you don’t necessarily think of me as a friend,” I finished my speech and looked down at my feet in embarrassment.  When reacting to emotions, this is my usual approach.

“Georgie, you aren’t a bad friend.  Heck, I bullied you for three years and you’re still friends with me.  You are the best ever, girl.  Peter Joel has your back!” Peter smiled and gave me a hug.  I giggled and got out of the car.  For a moment, I looked at Breton, but when he didn’t say anything, I closed the car door.  

Walking towards the back of the school where the bonfire would be held, I went over the game plan.  Locate Dallas, apologize to Dallas.  Locate, then apologize, find, then say sorry.  Stepping around the corner, I realized this might be harder than I planned.  Almost the whole school showed up.  I turned back to the Joel’s car.  Breton and Peter appeared to be arguing about something.  Crossing my fingers, I stepped out of their line of sight and began scanning the crowd for Dallas.  

I weaved my way in and out, between groups of people who hated me and those who didn’t care.  No one noticed I was there, but it was only a matter of time before I was even more publicly shunned by my classmates.  Finally, I spotted the back of Dallas’ head near the edge of the crowd.  He stood in the shade, and seemed to be talking to someone.  I walked closer, hoping it really was Dallas and I wasn’t walking towards some stranger.

“Dallas?” I spoke as I drew near.  “Is that you?”  No response.  I tip-toed closer, cautiously peering around the back of his head to see his face.  It was Dallas.  And Lucas.  In very close proximity.  Kissing at the back of the school bonfire.

“Called it!” I whispered to myself, fist pumping and dancing in a circle.  “Dallas and Lucas, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!  First comes a date, then comes marriage, then the adopted baby in a baby carriage!”

“Georgie?”  Dallas had apparently heard me.  Dang.  Lucas said several bad words and spun around, like he was looking for somewhere to hide.

“Hi….” I drew out the word, waving awkwardly at the couple.  “How are you?  Lucas, nice to see you!”  I trailed off when they both looked at me like I was crazy.  I get that a lot.

“What are you even doing here?” Lucas asked sharply.

“Oh!  Dallas, I came to apologize.  Even though it was unfortunate timing combined with my big mouth that let out your secret, so really it was all bad luck, I could have prevented it.  I shouldn’t have said anything.  I’m really sorry I was such a bad friend, and if you’re not super mad, I’d like to continue being your friend.  A better one.”

Dallas looked at me for the longest time.  Then he opened his arms and gave me a hug.  “Georgie darling, you’re just too cute to stay mad at.”

I hugged him back.  “Thanks Dallas.  Hey Lucas, want to join our group hug?”  

“No,” Lucas refused flatly.  “Get away.”  I jumped away from Dallas at once.

“Sorry, was I interrupting something?  I have really bad timing.  I’ll leave you two alone again.”  Both Dallas and Lucas blushed bright red, then Dallas leaned over and whispered something in Lucas’ ear.  Lucas scowled, then his whole expression softened and he nodded slightly.

“Thanks darling!” Dallas cried, before turning to me.  

“Georgie, I’d like you to meet Lucas, my boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you Lucas,” I replied, shaking Lucas’ hand with a grin.  “Can I borrow Dallas for just a quick minute?  I promise I’ll bring him back in one piece.”  Lucas reluctantly agreed, so I grabbed Dallas’ hand and dragged him along until we were far enough away from Lucas that he couldn’t hear us, but we were still able to see him.

“Oh my gosh Dallas I knew it!  You guys are so cute together!  He totally softened for you!  This is so amazing!” I cried, jumping up and down in place while my friend just watched me.  “Are you going to tell everybody?”

“Actually, that’s why we’re here tonight,” Dallas told me.  “Everyone accepted me so easily, and while they haven’t been supportive, I haven’t been bullied about it-”  I flinched, but luckily Dallas didn’t even notice.  “- so Lucas and I decided we’ll let everyone know about our relationship tonight.  In a way, this is all thanks to you, because if you hadn’t spread my secret, Lucas would never have approached me and I wouldn’t have ever gotten up the courage to tell him how I feel.  Thank you Georgie!”  

“So, since you’re okay with her spilling your secret, can you call off your fan club?  Because our friend is being bullied, and I don’t like it,” Peter said from behind us.  We turned and saw Peter and Breton standing there, arms crossed.  

“Oh, like you can talk,” Dallas shot back.  Peter glared, but didn’t have anything to add.

“Hey guys, it’s okay!  I forgive both of you.  And I mean, in Dallas’ case, I kind of deserved it.”

“No you didn’t,” Breton spoke up.  “No one ever deserves bullying.  No matter what you did, on accident or on purpose, or if you didn’t do anything at all except try to be yourself, you don’t deserve bullying.  No one does.”

I blinked back tears.  “Thanks Breton,” I whispered.  “That means a lot.”  Then I burst into tears and ran back towards the car.  Gosh, I am such a wimp.

********Peter’s Point of View********

“Look what you did!” Dallas yelled at Breton.  He tried to go after Georgie, but my cousin and I held him back.

“I didn’t do anything,” Breton protested, though I could see guilt in his eyes.  

“Look boys, Georgie’s been through a lot, and yes, I’m the cause of some of that.  But we need to calm down or we’re going to make things worse,” I said, trying to be a peacekeeper.

“Shut up Peter,” they both snarled at me.  My face hardened.  

“Look guys, this is it.  We’re having a talk right now.  We all have our own issues, but they aren’t going to affect Georgie anymore.  That girl is like a sister to me and if either of you hurt her, I’ll hurt you,” I growled at the pair of them.  They stop arguing and looked at me, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with my plan.  “Dallas, tell your boy-toy we’re leaving.  Breton, take a few deep breaths and meet us at the car.  I’m going to go get Georgie.”  I looked at them.  They didn’t move.  “NOW!” I yelled, prompting them into motion.  Guess I learned a few things from dear old dad after all.

When I neared the car I noticed Georgie sitting on the hood.  “Georgie?” I asked, to let her know I was there.

“Breton?” she replied, turning to look at me.  “Oh, sorry Peter.  You sound like your cousin sometimes.”  My heart broke for her.  I knew she wanted to see Breton, but right now if he tried to talk to her, he would ruin everything.  I couldn’t let that happen.  Maybe my uncle officially asked Georgie to save Breton, but I planned on doing everything I could to help.  Georgie needed a push in the right direction, which is where I came in.

“Hey Georgie, we’re going to take you home early.  Breton, Dallas, and I have some things to talk about.  I’ll get you before school tomorrow and we’ll all talk, okay?”  She nodded and slid off the front of the car, landing next to me.

“Thanks for being a good friend Peter.  Sorry I lost it back there.”

I swung an arm around her shoulders.  “No problem Georgie.  We all have moments where we lose it.”  Mine was due any second now.

We dropped Georgie off at her house, then I turned the car around and began to drive.

“Where are you taking me?” Dallas demanded.

“I told you already, we’re going to have a talk.  So shut your face and let me drive,” I replied, trying to keep my cool.  “We’re going to my house.”

“Is your dad there?” Breton asked me.  His voice sounded steady, but I knew how he felt.  My whole body was tensed and prepared. 

“No, he shouldn’t be,” I told him.  The rest of the drive was silent.

Finally, we pulled up to my house.  “Welcome home,” I noted dryly, reading the old sign above the door.  “Time to talk.”

********Georgie’s Point of View********

The boys were acting suspicious.  So I once again pulled out my - admittedly rusty - spy skills, and followed them.  While they did have a head start and were in a car, I had determination and an old bike.  No helmet, but I couldn’t be bothered by that now.  I hopped the bike and began to pedal, following my instincts on where to turn.  When I was completely, hopelessly lost, I stopped the bicycle and looked around.  

At that exact moment, Peter’s car drove past me.  Guess I had taken the short way.  Counting ten Mississippi’s after they passed, I began to follow them from a distance.  I was slightly worried they might look behind and spot me, but then I realized they were probably too busy arguing.  Soon, the car pulled up in a driveway and the boys got out.  I waited on my bike across the street.  Peter opened the door and said something to the other two boys, his expression twisting unpleasantly.  Only after the door closed behind the three of them did I pedal closer.  I leaned the bike up against Peter’s car and crept around the house.  Rounding the house a few times, I finally heard voices from the guys as I rested under a random window.  All that pedaling had really taken my energy.  I should get out more often.

Nah, that would require moving every day.  Better not.

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!” I sang before remembering I was spying and had to be quiet.  I stopped singing, but continued to hum quietly.

“So why did you drag me here?” Dallas asked.  Ooh, spunky.

“I told you -” Peter began.

“We need to talk,” they finished in unison, Dallas’ voice mocking.  I could practically feel Peter’s glare through the walls.

“We understand your need for conversation Pete,” Breton spoke up, “but what do we need to talk about exactly?”

“Georgie,” said Peter.  “We need to talk about Georgie.”

This better not be one of those cliche moments where Peter and Breton duke it out for my affections while Dallas stands on the sidelines as referee, I thought with a grimace.  That would be awkward, especially if Peter won.

“Is this when you confess your undying love for Georgie and challenge Breton to a duel while I watch from the side?” Dallas asked, reading my mind, even though he didn’t know I was here.  “Because that would be awkward and a bit cliche.”

In case you had any doubts, this is why Dallas and I are such good friends.  Because he’s a mind reader.  That and he understands me so well, but I like to think it’s mostly the mind-reading.

“Can we speed this up,” Breton asked after an awkward silence.  “I feel like I’m being watched.”  Not watched, listened to.

“Right, so first of all, I don’t have any feelings for Georgie.  I did once upon a time, and that’s why I started bullying her.”  Someone growled quietly but Peter ignored it and continued.  “After spending time with her though, I realized my feelings are more brotherly.  So no, there won’t be a duel, unless Dallas decides he’s not gay and wants to challenge Breton.”  

All talking stopped for a moment and I imagined Breton and Peter were looking towards Dallas.  As if cued by my imagination, Dallas spoke.

“Not happening,” he said in a tone of finality.

“Good.  Well now that we all have our feelings settled - ”  Once again, Peter was interrupted.

“Wait, why are you both presuming you’d be dueling me?  Maybe I don’t like Georgie,” Breton said defensively.

Ouch.  I put a hand up to my mouth to stop any sound from creeping out.

“Of course you like Georgie,” Dallas said impatiently.  “Everyone can tell just by looking at the two of you together that you’re going to get married and make cute babies. Even your mothers know.”

“Come one Bret,” Peter said.  “You kissed her, and then had a fan-girl moment about it!”

This time my hand was preventing me from laughter.  I fangirled too, but Breton?  Too funny.

“You like her,” Dallas and Peter told him in unison.  I couldn’t picture Breton’s face, so I cautiously rose up and looked in the window.  Breton wasn’t facing me, but I could see his profile.  He looked very serious and almost disappointed.  Double ouch.  

While I was spying on them, I glanced at Peter and Dallas.  My best friend also looked serious, but was trying not to grin at his cousin.  Dallas seemed bored, like he didn’t want to be here.  Then again, I supposed he did technically get kidnapped from the party.  Suddenly, Dallas’ eyes moved around and caught my looking in the window.  I froze as we made eye contact.

Ducking down, I breathed deeply and hoped maybe Dallas thought I was a figment of his imagination.

“Georgie?” I heard him ask.

“What?” the Joel cousins replied.  I heard whispers, then heavy footsteps.  The window above my head opened.  

“What are you doing down there?” Peter asked angrily.

Busted.

~~

Hahahahahahaha

Okay, I'm done now.  Wait...

Hahahahaha!  Haha ha ha ha ha hahahahha!!

Alright, now I'm done.  I needed to get that out.

So.... DRAMA!!  Gosh, I can't wait until the next chapter.  I love this story!

Before I go on, I just wanted to thank you all for your continuous support of 45 Days to Save the Bad Boy!!  I love reading your comments, and receiving your messages and just knowing that people actually read my stories!!  I love you all so so so so much!!

Now, I have big news.

I'VE BEEN INTERVIEWED ON WATTPAD!

The awesome princetonjulz13 sent me some questions, which I answered, and she posted!  Go check out her story in the external link!  Or search it up: Interviews with Who? by @princetonjulz13

I've also been interviewed by @BookBird210.  The link to her profile is on my page, as well as the link to that interview!

Two interviews in one chapter?  Hence my new status, because YES I FEEL FAMOUS!  Lol.  Anyway, thanks so much to both authors for asking for an interview!!  :D

Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to comvotefolad.  No wait, it's comment, vote, follow, add!  (Although I might start using comvotefolad..)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 65K 32
When Hope's father suddenly dies, no one can prepare her for the amount of grief she would go through, especially when her grandparents agree to let...
2.4M 58.9K 46
EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care enough to..." My rambling was cut short...
7.7M 321K 48
"Its a deal then". "Okay", he replied and before I had the chance to kick him out of my couch, outside my door away from me he placed his lips on min...
3.9M 90.8K 27
Hayden Marvel. Trey Parker. Total opposites. Hayden is sweet and innocent, and everyone who knows her just loves her. Trey is the star basketball pla...