The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus...

By RebelChild99

The name is Evangeline Salvatore, my goal is survival. In a world of vampires and werewolves it's survival of... More

The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus Mikaelson Story)
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade
Chapter 4: Vamp-Napped
Chapter 5: Plans
Chapter 6: Richmond
Chapter 7: Klaus
Chapter 8: Mystic Falls
Chapter 9: Deals
Chapter 10: The Dagger
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 11: Drinks
Chapter 12: Kill Me
Chapter 13: AlaricKlaus
Chapter 14: Curse
Chapter 15: Stefan
Chapter 16: Ray Sutton
Chapter 17: Chicago
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: Mikael Mikaelson
Chapter 20: Illumination Night
Chapter 21: Hatred
Chapter 22: Compulsion
Chapter 23: Scotland
Chapter 24: Meetings
Chapter 25: Remembrence
Chapter 26: Broken Trust
Chapter 27:Polite Chit-Chat
Chapter 28: Kat
Chapter 29: Technology Sucks
Chapter 30: The Mikaelson Maze
Chapter 32: Asshat
Chapper 33: Decade Dance
Chapter 34: Doppelbitch
Chapter 35: Alaric The Indestructible
Chapter 36: Gone Wrong
Chapter 37: The Bitch Is Dead
Sequel

Chapter 31: We Can Break

7.2K 245 81
By RebelChild99

Evangeline POV:

Six shots fired from the speakers and each made me cringe as I looked to the screen from the letter in my hand. There was shouting as boys encircled the dying one; I could feel the tears coming on strong. It was a mystery why The Outsiders still managed to have me balling at the end, even though I have seen it more than any other movie.

My eyes quickly diverted back to the pile of letters on my lap, I wiped my eyes with a sniffle. All around me there were letters; on the floor, the chairs beside me, in my hands, on my lap, and the ones I had not read remained in the chest where I had found them. They never seemed to end.

I had categorized the ones I had read by century. Most came from between the 1100s and the early 1700s; I assumed this was the time where he was more actively killing human females. They started lessening around the time he arrived in New Orleans, 1711 according to Elijah.

The only real puzzling thing was why Klaus insisted upon doing this. It was bad enough he had killed them, but to keep a letter splattered with their blood to reflect on how you deceived them? That’s far worse than simply killing them.

Before my reflections could continue, there were footsteps. Someone had come back. I quickly put all the letters back and slid the box underneath my seat before getting up and exiting the room.

“Evangeline!” Someone shouted and I instantly deduced it as Elijah, not Finn as I had expected. I walked back through the kitchen on my way to the foyer. “I’m back.”

As I stepped into the foyer, I saw that it was not just Elijah. Kol and Klaus were also there, all of them dressed in dark colored clothing. “I’ve noticed, I was just in the theater.” I gestured in the direction I had come from before my eyes focused on Klaus.

The question of how he could’ve done what he did was back in my mind and I grew increasingly uncomfortable. “You were in there for 12 hours?” Elijah inquired and I glanced at the watch on my wrist, it was 10:45pm.

“Yes.” I nodded, wondering how on earth the letters had distracted me through nearly 5 movies for 12 hours. “I lost track of things after Dracula.”

More accurate of an excuse for my loss of time would have been during Dracula, that was the first movie I had watched and I was obsessed with the letters long before its conclusion. “That doesn’t surprise me; you have the attention span of a child.” Kol remarked and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Says you.” I retorted, it didn’t take much for Kol to lose interest in something either. “I guess it really does take one to know one.”

“You certainly do bicker like children.” I was frozen by the voice, this being the first time I had heard it since it was telling me to leave. My attention was immediately back on Klaus.

His smirk told me that he knew very well what was going on in my head now. I was caught off guard and completely terrified. “Precisely my point.” I spoke, my voice dry and scratchy. “I need to go speak with my brothers. Elijah next time I see you, you owe me an explanation.”

--

The door to the Boarding House slammed behind me and Damon was instantly in front of me. “Where have you been?”

“I told you this; I was at the Mikaelson house.” I reminded as I walked past him and into the living room. “Elijah needed me to make sure Finn didn’t come home.”

“So you knew what was happening?”

“No, Elijah’s going to explain later.”

“Well let me do it for him. While you were playing house, your boyfriend number 2 was kidnapping Elena to threaten us. You know, your family?”

“Elijah is not my boyfriend, he’s a friend. I’m sure he had a good reason—“

“Not one that should justify this in your head. What happened to caring about what happened to us?”

“Elijah was threatening Elena’s life, not yours or Stefan’s. Elena isn’t on my list of people to save. If he threatened you or Stefan then things would be different.”

“He did threaten us!”

“With Elena!” I shouted as I turned back to face him. “In case this still isn’t registered in your head, I do not care what happens to her! She is not my responsibility. I get that you and Stefan have a thing for her, but I don’t. Elena Gilbert is my enemy and she should be yours too! If she weren’t alive then Klaus would never have come here. If there were no Elena then Stefan would not be a ripper, Tyler would not be a hybrid, Caroline would not be a vampire, and I would not be like I am now.”

Damon remained silent so I continued. “If it wasn’t for the fact that she looked like Katherine then she would mean nothing to you, just another human. She plays you and tries to make you change, that bothers me. You shouldn’t have to change because then you wouldn’t be my brother Damon, you would be a Stefan clone. I need both of you not two of the same.”

“I’m sorry if my love life interferes with your plans, but what about you? You’re with Klaus! In case this still isn’t registered in your head, Stefan and I loathe him. Sure you hate Elena too, but us and Elena is hardly as bad as you and Klaus.”

“For your information, I am not with Klaus and you don’t have Elena. Elena has you. She acts as though she wants to protect those around her by sacrificing herself time and time again, but she never seems to be the one getting hurt. It’s always someone else who ends up dead while she gets to survive.

“Oh please Evangeline, That’s exactly what you said before you betrayed us for Klaus. At least Elena doesn’t force me to choose between her and my own family!”

“Oh that is rich! Eventually she is going to pick one of you and the chosen one will have to decide between losing her and having their brother or losing their brother and having her. Elena is not the saint you make her out to be, she’s worse than Katherine ever was.”

“Katherine played both Stefan and I, she pitted us against each other for her own amusement! Elena doesn’t do that.”

“Elena has also never done something for me or for you. Katherine has saved my life more than once and she protected you by giving you vampire blood. Katherine is the reason we aren’t six feet under right now. Can you say that about Elena? Of course not because all she ever does is put you in danger!”

“I don’t understand how you could hate her when she has done nothing but try to befriend you.”

“That makes you the stupidest person I know.”

“You do a fine job at stupidity yourself. You can’t blame Elena for Klaus coming to town because if it hadn’t been for you wanting Katherine to have her freedom then he never would have come here. If it weren’t for you leading him straight to Elena then none of this would have happened. It’s not Elena’s fault.”

I didn’t think before raising my hand and slapping Damon. His head jolted to one side and stayed there for a moment before moving to look me in the eyes. “I’m your goddamn sister, Damon! This is what she does! She turns all of us against each other and waits.”

No more words were spoken as Damon tackled me to the ground. It wasn’t long before his hands had wrapped around my neck, bringing me to the conclusion that this was hardly one of our play fights.

I grabbed Damon’s head and knocked it against the floor beside my shoulder before bringing my legs up and delivering a swift kick to the gut that sent him flying. He collided with the wall and it crumbled slightly. My assault continued as I went over and put him in a headlock, adding the pressure to snap his neck.

Before the action could be carried out, Damon had flipped me over his shoulder and my back hit the wooden flooring. He hovered over me, but was gone before he could do anything further.

I rolled over and found Damon lying on the ground across the room, standing beside him was Stefan. “Are you insane, Damon? That’s our sister you just attacked!”

“Stay out of this Stefan.” Damon groaned as I pushed myself to my feet.

“Not going to happen Damon! We don’t fight her, not ever. What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Ask her. She’s the one that started it.”

“Are you three years old or just brain-dead? You don’t fight our sister, not even if she was attacking you full on. She’s our sister, our only sister! She is the one that keeps us on our game and makes sure we don’t go too far. She is the one that we swore to protect with our lives. She is the only person on this earth that we cannot fight. The last time you fought her, we lost touch with her for 6 years! Do you really want to risk that again?”

I walked over to Stefan and tapped his shoulder. He turned and I hugged him. “That’s for being a gentleman and helping me out.” I drew back and instantly connected my fist with his jaw. “That’s for being a dickhead and shutting your humanity off.” Then I turned and headed for the stairs.

I was stood in my room within seconds. “And here I thought you Salvatores always got along.” The voice made me jump and I looked to Kol who was stood by my desk, looking at the framed photos I had there.

“We don’t” I hissed, hardly in a good mood. “We just don’t let people know that we can be broken. What are you doing here?”

“I came to say goodbye, I’m leaving town.”

“You cannot be serious. Why?”

“Well Esther and Finn tried to kill us so I guess that’s a good excuse.”

“They what? Is that what happened today?”

“Yep so I’m leaving. Elijah is too and I would hope Rebekah as well, but she’ll probably stay here with Nik.”

“You’re leaving me with Klaus?”

“And Rebekah, don’t worry. I’m sure he won’t bother you, he’s waiting for you to go back to him.”

“I know that, but it doesn’t mean I want to stay here with him around.”

“So come with me then.”

“If I do that then he will know I can’t be around him.”

“So quit complaining.”

“Why are you so bossy?”

“I’m not, you’re just picky.”

“I am not, I just don’t want to leave my brothers here.”

“Your brother just attacked you and then you punched the one that helped you. I’d say you aren’t exactly loved in this house presently.”

“So I’ll stay with Caroline.”

“The one Nik is interested in?”

“Fine, I’ll stay with Bonnie.”

“The witch who’s mother was turned into a vampire by Damon?”

“What the hell am I missing here? I’ll stay with Carol Lockwood. She knows what I am and she’s all alone in that house since Tyler left so I’m sure she won’t mind my staying.”

“Her son is Nik’s first hybrid.”

“Are you just going to protest against every other option I have?”

“Yep.”

“Well I’m not leaving. I’ll find some drama free person to stay with. Someone that has nothing to do with Klaus or my brothers.”

--

“Thank you for letting me stay here.” I stated as I entered the house. “I’m surprised you two even remembered who I was after a couple decades apart.”

“You turned my brother and I, it’s not like I could just say ‘I have no idea who you are even though you made me immortal’.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 26.1K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
63.4K 1K 44
In which two divorced people find their happiness again. DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against Danneel in any way. I just wanted to write a Jensen stor...
602K 11.3K 46
Adelaide Ackleson is one of a kind. She is half witch, half vampire. She is older than the originals, only three years but still, she is older. Afte...
488K 30.5K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...