Chapter 28: Kat

(Song to the side is like Katherine and Evangeline's theme song xD)

Evangeline POV:

It was silent for the briefest of moments before Kol broke it. “Well I’m going to speak with Rebekah. You two have fun.” The underlying tone in Kol’s voice was one that said ‘just kill him’, but I simply waved as Kol walked off.

“Are you going to elaborate on your defensive assault on my arm?” Xavier queried and I looked back at him.

“Just some bad history. Usually when someone grabs my arm it’s not a good sign or it’s my one of my brothers; either way.”

“I’m not going to ask. Is there anything else I shouldn’t do? I don’t need a broken arm or something.”

“No, not really. Just don’t grab my arm.”

“Got it. Your brother seemed-“

“Annoying? Strange? Protective? Trust me, I know. I’ve spent the past hun—twenty-two years dealing with him.”

“You said you had another brother; what’s he like?”

“Well he’s normally brooding and judgmental; unless he’s writing in his journal. Then he’s also got a bit of deep feelings and sappiness.” I put finger quotes on the word ‘journal’. “Damon likes to bother him about it whenever they see each other. Do you have any siblings?”

“A half-sister, but she’s going to a boarding school in Nova Scotia so I barely see her.”

“I honestly have no idea; it was our mother’s decision. I guess she was just being rude and temperamental.”

“I suppose you two don’t get along?”

“Not really, it’s good that I don’t have to see her much.”

“Well I don’t know what I would do without my brothers. They keep me sane while driving me insane. It’s also good entertainment when they bicker.  Just get a blo—bag of popcorn and take a seat. As you can tell, I get bored easily.”

“How is that possible? You must have a lot of things you want to do.”

“If you include trying to hit the ceiling with a football then yes, lots to do.”

“Don’t you travel?”

“I do, but my siblings and I meet here ever so often and stay for a while; until we decide to leave again. I’m stuck.”

“I see. Why didn’t your brother seem happy to see you here earlier?”

“I wasn’t supposed to be here. I have a bit of history with some members of this family that they don’t exactly approve of.”