His Secret [Completed]

By _soph_9

Despite Sophia defying the odds and securing a job at the most prestigious company in New York City, she stru... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
End
Original: Chapter 1 - Joey's
Original: Chapter 2 - Mr Noah McKenzie
Original: Chapter 3 - Married?
Original: Chapter 4 - Let's talk...
Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!
Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...
Original: Chapter 7 - Is he on his period?
Original: Chapter 8 - Date?
Original: Chapter 9 - The Gala [1]
Original: Chapter 10 - The Gala [2]
Original: Chapter 11 - The Gala [3]
Original: Chapter 12 - Brooke?
Original: Chapter 13 - Sleep well Princess
Original: Chapter 14 - God I hate that bitch
Original: Chapter 15 - Complicated
Original: Chapter 16 - Strong, Independant Woman
Original: Chapter 17 - The boat house
Original: Chapter 18 - Inside the mind of Noah
Original: Chapter 19 - Hawaii
Original: Christmas Special - A trip to the past
Original: Chapter 20 - Jasmine
Original: Chapter 21 - Revenge
Original: Chapter 22 - Brad
Original: Chapter 23 - Revenge Plan
Original: Chapter 24 - Pizza and Chick-fliks
Original: Chapter 25 - Quad Bikes
Original: Chapter 26 - Party
Original: Chapter 27 - Unwanted Guest
Original: Chapter 28 - Dragon
Original: Chapter 29 - Hangover
Original: Chapter 30 - James
Original: Chapter 31 - Shopping Trip
Original: Chapter 32 - Clothes, Money, Men
Original: Chapter 33- 25th Birthday
Original: Chapter 34 - The envelope
Original: Chapter 35 - How much!
Original: Chapter 36 - Vacation
Original: Chapter 37 - 12 hours
Original: Chapter 38 - Midnight walks
Original: Chapter 39 - Love affairs
Original: Chapter 40 - Investments
Original: Chapter 41 - Transfers
Original: Chapter 42 - Family Is Everything
Original: Chapter 43 - Sorry
Original: Chapter 44 - Reunited
Original: Chapter 45 - Trackers
Original: Chapter 46 - The Plan
Original: Chapter 48 - To Win You Have To Lose
Original: Chapter 49 - Pain
Original: Chapter 50 - Bonus Chapter

Original: Chapter 47 - Fear

11K 399 24
By _soph_9

Noah's POV

I kept my eyes on the road and didn't say a word the whole car ride back to Lia's apartment. The Noah before all of this happened wouldn't have cared about her feelings, yes she was my friend from years ago but since college, I had changed; but now I feel like I'm back to who I want to be- the Noah who I should never have strayed from.

"Lia I can't begin to thank you enough for helping me," I said as I pulled up outside her building.

"...I don't think I can do this..." she whispered, clearly feeling useless.

I kept quiet, I need her and can't risk throwing everything away if I say the wrong thing. It wouldn't be right to manipulate or force her to continue with the plan, again the old me would have had no problem with that.

"...he tried to force himself onto me just like Sophia and who knows how many others. He needs to be punished but I'm...well I'm scared. If something goes wrong...if he gets away..." she was starting to panic, "he'll come after me...he'll get to my fam-"

I cut her off by gripping her hand that was resting on her leg, "Lia I'm not going anywhere, I will protect you regardless of what happens. I know I couldn't protect Sophia when she needed it but now I have what I need to take that motherfucker down, and truth be told I can't do it alone. You know I've never been one to ask for help when I need it but honestly Lia, I can't do this without you. I need my best friend."

"Can I sleep on it?" She asked and I nodded. "What would...well what would our next step be?"

"I guess the next move would be to track him, see where he goes. From the information I've been given by my PI, Brad has been involved in drug trading under the radar which goes through the Police station undetected. If we can locate the base of operations, that info along with the recording you got should be enough to incriminate him, and if not we'll keep trying."

"So what you're saying is that we have to hope he buys or sells drugs within the next couple of days, and if not the proof I gathered is useless?" She said.

I shrugged in reply and there was an awkward silence.

"It's late, thanks for the ride. I need to speak to my girlfriend and try to explain some of what she saw today. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

We said our goodbyes and I drove back to my apartment.

It got later and later as I laid in bed tossing and turning unable to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I could see her staring back at me after I confessed my true feelings at the hotel. She doesn't know what's going on with Brad and it's best that she doesn't- for her own safety.

I've had my suspicions about what his plans are. The only logical move for him is to drug Sophia and take her to a foreign country far away from here. He can do whatever he wants with her; marry, torture, he can do anything and that's what I'm afraid of.

I've never been one to admit my fears because quite frankly there's not a lot that I am scared of, failure maybe, but that's it. Now Sophia being in danger is my second, so I guess it's my biggest fear.

I picked up my phone from my nightstand and scrolled through my recent calls. The icon showed 26 missed calls all from my younger sister. Not one member of my family has managed to get in contact with me since the night I practically dragged Sophia out of their lives.

It's been almost a week since I have spoken to anyone other than a couple of my employees and Lia. Mother is going to kill me once I get back in contact...I guess that's another fear of mine- upsetting my mother. She has always been there for me and not only because she is my mother, she supports everything I do. Some may say that she is my number one fan, but how can you have 'fans' if you are a terrible role model.

Mother knows about the blackmail and she doesn't judge me for doing something that I could have figured a way out of. I could have figured a way out of it if I had tried hard enough, but it was either lose my business and my family's good reputation or hurt someone who meant little to me at the time.

If only I had taken the time to get to know her, we could have figured this out together and neither of us would be in this situation. She would be by my side, she would be mine to love and cherish, not in danger from that asshole who wants nothing more than her body.

It was 11:30 so I knew Kelly would still be awake. I clicked her caller ID and waited for an answer on the other end of the phone.

"...It's about time you dick," she yelled causing me to pull my phone away from my ear slightly.

"Are you busy?" I asked her.

"Why?" 

"I'm coming to pick you up, I have some explaining to do," I said and ended to phone call. I pulled on a pair of pants and a hoodie along with my trainers and raced down the stairs to my car.

Once arriving at my parents' house it was close to midnight but I knew that I needed advice and Kelly is the only one who would give me the no bullshit approach. I climbed on top of the gazebo that was located underneath Kelly's bedroom window. I felt as if I were a teenager again trying to sneak back into my parent's house after a night of drinking with my friends.

I tapped lightly on the window and saw her shadowy figure spin around and glare at me. She stormed over to the window and lifted it. I gestured for her to climb out. Once we both had our feet safely on the ground again she turned and punched me straight in the stomach.

"That's for ghosting on me," she punched me again, this time a bit harder, "that's for forcing Sophia to leave," she punched me once again, "and that..." she paused. "Is because why the hell not! You've been an asshole!"

"Can I explain?" I said sternly.

"Yes"

I explained everything to her on the way to our destination; the tracker in Brad's phone, his plan to kidnap Sophia, take her to another country and even my reconnection with Lia. I can't live a life of lies anymore, so it's best to clear the air with someone who I can trust to keep a secret.

"Does anyone else know?" Kelly said.

"I can't trust anyone else. You know how irrational Jackson thinks and acts, I can't trust him with this and as for Mother and Father, they try to solve everything by the books and that won't work this time. I'm trusting you to keep this quiet."

"Mom and Dad have a right to know Noah..."

"Kelly," I warned.

"She was living in our house for months after you kicked her to the streets, she became like a daughter to them, they will understand."

I sighed, "no they won't, some of the things I have done and will have to do are illegal. Regardless whether I'm their son or not they work for the government. That's who they answer to."

"Noah you know I'm a terrible liar,"

"Well, you better get better then because I'm sure you would appreciate me not telling our parents that you have been sneaking out every Saturday to spend time with that boy Mason. Oh and how about that evening you spent together in Hawaii. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to find out you are in a very..." I emphasised the next word, "...very serious relationship with him."

"Yo- how did you know tha-" She stuttered.

"I'm your older brother I watch out for you," I said simply. "So we understand each other? No talking about any of this. Got it?" She nodded in response.

We arrived at the destination. A place I hadn't been to in a very long time, it was a hill. There was nothing special about this hill except having a picnic table set up at the top under a shelter which overlooked a drive-in movie theatre.

"I can't believe I've never been here before," Kelly said in awe of the view. A movie was playing on the screen but we could not hear it. It set a calming and relaxing tone for us to continue our conversation away from civilisation.

"Sophia. Does she know about Brad's plans?" Kelly asked the question I've been waiting to hear.

"No," I said simply. "She can't know, not until I have fixed this mess.

"Why? She has a right to know."

"It's my mess I need to sort it," I started to get frustrated.

She put her head into her hands and rubbed her face, a gesture I have been known to do from time to time, "why are you always trying to be the knight in shining armour Noah! For once just accept help when you need it. I thought you told me all of this for my help, but it still seems like you are trying to fix this to make yourself feel better and trust me that's the wrong reason to do this. You need to fight this battle for Sophia and for yourself. You two are meant for each other..."

I was about to interrupt her but she held a finger up.

"I've never seen you look at anyone the way you look at her, I know you love her and she loves you too. I know you're scared that you will lose her, so don't risk everything just to make yourself out to be the hero. I will help you so just tell me what you need and consider it done."

"Are you sure?" I asked my 22-year-old sister who is clearly able to take care of herself after that speech. She nodded.

"In that case, I need you to purchase some drugs." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 1.4K 58
[EDITING] It's been four years since we broke up, since I last saw him. I am no longer the person I used to be. I have gained a reputation as the mo...
293K 10.5K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
204K 7.6K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
2.4M 51.2K 37
𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓭 "Hey Daddy," she swerved slowly, her chocolate brown eyes dancing with mischief as she inspected me. "I don't fuck with you Sophi...