Pursuit of Serenity (gxg)

By Diamond_

se·ren·i·ty /səˈrenədē/ noun -the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. ____________________________... More

Pursuit of Serenity Teaser
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
No Love💔
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Hey, My Loves...
Secret Admirer
Chapter Eighteen
Secret Admirer
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Two (Continued)
Chapter Twenty-Three
New
Updates
About Epilogue
Pursuit of Serenity Sequel !
The Sequel is here!

Epilogue

676 38 4
By Diamond_

New Year's Eve (Months later)

"Baby, I promise, you look fine. " Alivia said as they pulled up to her childhood home. Both women are slightly nervous. Alivia never brought a woman home to meet her family and she was scared about what they are going to say. She never went into much detail in describing Jada because she didn't want them to judge her. Her family isn't really judgmental, but she knows they will have something to say about her age.

"Okay, Okay! I'm just really nervous. I never met anyone's parents before." The younger girl said fixing her hair in the mirror. All she could think about was saying or doing something wrong in front of Alivia's parents. Alivia tried to reassure her that her parents are really nice, but she could see the slight anxiety in her eyes. Though they have a lot in common, they have a lot of visual differences.

"Lani, baby? Wake up, we're here." Jada reached back softly waking her daughter and unsnapping her seatbelt. The little girl's eyes fluttered open and wonder curiously out of the window. Without thinking the girl opened her door and hopped out of the car.

"Lani, wait!" Alivia and Jada said, following suit. Excited Lani reached the front door and rang the bell before the couple reached the steps.

"Lani, what did we tell you about jumping out of the car?" Jada said as they made it to the top of the stairs.

"What!? The car wasn't moving this time, Mommy." She said seriously. Both of the women chuckled and shook their heads.

As Jada looked up at the huge red door, she almost felt intimidated. Everything about the house screamed privilege. From the circled driveway to the plaque the says "James Residents". Alivia's penthouse is modern and chic, but this house is a traditional, Cape Cod type of house. It's beautiful, she thought.

"Howie, they're here!" They heard a woman yell from the other side of the door. Alivia chuckled. Seconds later a brown skin older woman, slim, with big beautiful curly hair answer the door. She wore a yellow dress with an apron over top.

"Livy!" The woman yelled as she pulled Alivia in a tight hug.

"Hi, Mom. " Alivia whispered back as she embraced her mother. As they had their moment, Jada pulled Lani closer to her and looked on. Warmness and a bit of jealousy stung her heart as she thought about her own mother. She shook it off and took a deep breath as Alivia and her mom pulled away.

"Oh come in, come in!" Her mother said to them. As they followed her inside, Jada looked around in awe. The house is beyond what she could imagine. It screamed 'American Dream.'

"Mom, this is my fiance, Jada... and this is Lani. " Alivia said introducing us to her mother. Her mother smiled at us without a glint of judgment.

"Toya. It's so good to finally meet you, Jada." Her mother said extending her hand. Jada shook it, smile and said likewise. They shared a warm smile before her mother bent down and extended her hand to Lani as well.

"And I have heard a lot about you too Miss Lani, I'm glad to finally meet you. " Toya said sweetly. Lani shyly placed her hand in hers, while hiding behind Jada's leg. Alivia and Jada looked at each other and both shook their heads at Lani's sudden shyness.

As Toya and Lani got acquainted, a light skin man, tall with salt and pepper hair and beard walked out of a room and approached them.

"There's my baby girl!" He said with a huge smile on his face. Joy jumped in Alivia's eyes as she walked over to her father and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Hi, Daddy. " Alivia said pulling away. They shared a quick moment before her father looked over at Jada confused.

"Baby girl, I thought you said your fiance had one daughter." He said looking at Jada and then back at Alivia.

"I-" Alivia started, but her mother stood up with Lani's hand in hers and corrected her husband.

"Howie, this is Jada. Our soon to be daughter in law." She looked at him with a knowing look.

"Oh, Hello. I'm Howard. It's a pleasure." He said to Jada a little embarrassed. He extended his hand and she shook it.

"It's really nice to finally meet you. Alivia talks about you guys all of the time." Jada said kind of nervous. Alivia was nervous as well, she knew something like this would happen, but what was she supposed to say over the phone? 'Oh hey mom and dad, by the way, my soon to be wife is 15 years younger than me', she thought.

"Now that we have all met, how about we go into the dining room ? I prepared dinner." Toya said as Lani held on to her hand. Jada smile at how comfortable Lani got with Alivia's mother in that short time, but Alivia already knew that was going to happen. Her mother always had a way with kids.

____________

Jada (Christmas)

"You like your gifts, Pumpkin?" I asked Lani as I leaned back on Alivia, with my hot chocolate in my hands. Lani made sure to wake us up extra early this morning, she couldn't wait to see what Santa got her for Christmas.

"Yes! I love everything! Can I call Nana on my new phone?" She asked looking down at her phone.

"Sure, baby. Take everything to your room first." I told her and she got up, gathering her things and after a few trips, she disappeared into her room.

"So, my pumpkin... Do you like what Santa got you for Christmas?" Alivia asked jokingly as she kissed the back of my neck.

I giggled, "Of course baby, thank you so much." I looked back and pecked her lips a few times and she smiled.

Life have been going so good for us. I got a job at this company thanks to Alivia, so no more mediocre jobs for me. I can finally use my degree, that I worked hard to get. I haven't been more happy in my life. Alivia has been on the straighten arrow and I no longer worry about her cheating on me, which is great in its self. We barely argue, but when we do, Alivia always make it up to me before it goes any further. What's funny is that most of them are about Ashley... She still hates her and I don't blame her, but I don't hold grudges. Ashley is very respectful of our relationship, but when I hang with her, I have to convince Alivia that everything is platonic. Alivia doesn't buy it for the most part, but that's just how she is. Overprotective and I love that about her. She's everything that I could have ever wished for.

"Good, but I have another one for you." She said getting up from the couch we sat on and headed upstairs to our room. I shook my head and sighed. She loves spoiling me even when I ask her not to. What she doesn't understand is that I don't need all of these expensive gifts to see her love for me.

"What!? Babe, you got me a lot already." I whined as she walked back down the stairs.

"Nothing is ever enough for you, my love." She said holding a little Tiffany & Co. bag on her fingers.

"Baby, you got me earrings, a necklace, and a tennis bracelet from Tiffany. You got me enough, Alivia." I said as she stood in front of me. She just rolled her eyes, ignoring me and started to pull it out of the bag.

"Wait! Close your eyes!" She said pausing her moments. I sucked my teeth and obeyed anyway.

I felt her moving closer to me, while taking the gift out of the bag. I heard a flapping noise and then she told me to open my eyes.

When I opened them, my heart stopped at the sight before me. Tears rushed to the rim of my eyes and my hand instinctively when to my mouth. I looked down at her hands and then back up to her eyes. I can't believe she's doing this! We never even talked about getting married. We've just been enjoying our time together with no complaints. We talked about trips and vacations for the future, but never marriage. She never brought it up before, so I just assumed that wasn't something she wanted. And I was okay with that, just as long as I was with her, that's all that mattered.

"Jada Marie Cater, I remember the first time I looked into your eyes... They were filled with fear and sadness... And that broke my heart, but that wasn't all I saw. I saw a person that needed to be loved and who needed help healing... and I thought about how I wanted nothing more than to give that to you. But what I didn't know was that you would give me the same thing..." She said with tears falling from her eyes. "The moment you and Lani came into my life I knew that I couldn't lose either of you. I failed a couple of times, but fate always brought us back together. And who are we to fuck with fate, huh?" She said causing both of us to laugh.

"So today... I am asking you, Jada, my love... Will you be my wife?"

We both cried as she spoke things to me that she had never said before. I'm just looking at her crying and she's looking at me crying... we both crying, this is all a lot to take in. I look down at the ring again and held my breath. This is a big step...  Then I looked into her eyes and I see so much passion and love in them and that told me that she meant every single word she said. This just may be the step I need to take...

I reached over and cupped Alivia's face and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"I would be honored to be your wife, baby."

With that, she smiled brightly and pulled the ring out of the box. And when I say that the ring is gorgeous!

"Whoa!" I whispered when she slid it on my finger. It's huge too

"I love you, Jada."

______________________

"Ma, where's Oliver? I thought he was going to go with us tonight?" Alivia asked her mother as we sat at the dinner table.

"He said he'll be here soon, but you know how he is." Her mother said before cutting her steak.

"Yeah, he better make it. He promised. " Alivia continued.

I just sat back and listened as they got caught up on each other's lives. I enjoyed hearing their conversations. It's like a scene out of the movies, when the family get together for dinner. This is how I always imagined my family would be like.

"So, Jada. What do you do? I mean you're still young, you're probably still trying to settle in your career, Right? I mean you do have a Job?" Howard asked me and Alivia started chocking on her drink. I just looked at him and smiled even though all of this shade caught me off guard.

"Dad... Yes, she has a job." Alivia said to him annoyed.

"Oh, she can't speak for herself. She's not that much of a child, baby girl." He spat back.

"Howard that's enough." Toya said warningly.

"No, it's okay. Yes, I have a job. I am actually the head of HR at this company-"

"Yeah, it's actually a Fortune 500 company." Alivia chimed in.

"Oh, that great, honey. Alivia told us that you went to college back in California." Toya cut in, smiling at me.

"Thanks and yes I did. I was doing the same type of job there before I moved here. " I said to her before taking another bite of my food. I look cool and collected from the outside, but I'm shitting bricks on the insides.

"Did you get that job contact through Alivia?"

"Dad!"

"What!? I'm just trying to get to know my soon to be daughter in law... who has a 7-year-old child, but is only 24. And I'm sure you weren't married to the father at what? 16?"

When those words left his mouth my jaw clenched and I almost reverted back to my old ways. But then I thought about how that would look and I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

"Howard!? You-"

"Babe, I'm going to go check on my daughter and Toya, dinner was great. Thank you." With that, I got up and headed to the room Alivia showed us to earlier. Lani wasn't hungry and wanted to lay down.

After what just happened I feel so many things right now... I feel insulted by his words, and sad at the fact that he obviously doesn't like me. He's a big part of her life and I don't want his disapproval to break us. I think that if he knew the real story, he wouldn't have been so quick to judge, but I imagined that Alivia didn't want to tell her parents how much of a mess I really am... Uhh.

"Fuck!" I whispered to myself as I thought about not being her wife over this. My tears decided to make an introduction when I reached the room. As I walked in there, Lani was too busy on her Ipad to notice that I had came in. So I just breezed past her and went into the conjoined bathroom. I didn't want her to see me cry, right now. She likes them and I don't want that to change over this.

I huffed at the thought of her father telling her not to marry me It took over my brain and I literally started to have a panic attack. This is too much. This is really too much.

"Hey, baby. Where's Mommy." I heard Alivia ask Lani on the other side of the door.

"Bathroom. " She said quickly, I assumed to get Alivia to stop interrupting her video.

"Babe?" She said knocking on the door. I just ignored her and continued to cry in my knees as I sat on the floor against the tub. I can't take this right now. This is not how this was supposed to go. They were supposed to love me and we were supposed to eat dinner and talk and then go back into the city to see the ball drop... It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

"Baby..." She said when opened the door and seen me on the floor.

"Jada, it's o-" She started.

"Please... you don't leave me, Alivia. I know your Dad is super important to you, but you don't have to break it off. Maybe he'll come around. I mean I can explain what happened and maybe-... Baby just please don't-" I cried out to her, but she stopped me.

She shook her head rapidly and she grabbed my face. "Jada, stop it! I would never leave you! Who said I would leave you? And why would I after I fought so hard to get you back? Yes, I love my Dad, but baby... I asked you to marry me. You're not marrying my father. He can think whatever he wants, but he damn sure will not be disrespecting you again, trust me." She said with all seriousness prevalent in her voice.

I shook my head and pulled her hands away from my face. "I didn't want to cause trouble with your family, Alivia."

She chuckled and I looked at her confused. "Baby, there is no trouble. My mother put him back in his place, believe me. No worries, okay?"

I looked at her unsure for a moment, but the calmness in her face did its job in reassuring me. I signed and wiped my face. I feel like I just over reacted for nothing like I always do...

I looked at her and slightly smiled. I'm so lucky to have someone like her who is willing to be my serenity in the misty of my inner chaos.

"Okay... You and Me forever?" I asked.

She stood up and held her hand out for me.

"Forever, my love."

______________________

Alivia ( A year and a half later)

Destiny Child's song, Love played in the background as my cheek was pressed against hers. She sang in my ear as we suede back and forth. All I could think about was her and our new life together.

"And you keep doing things to show you're proud of...

Thirty beauties in the room only me you see
The confidence you give lives in me
I vow to never break your heart
I'll never let you down
For better or worse, I'll always be around
And with you here to share my life, so complete
And because of you I know how it feels to
Be (love)

Through you I live and love again
Open the path to happiness
Through you I learn to smile again
I thank God for you
Through you I live and love again
I trust you just guide me take my hand
Through you I learn to smile again
I love you, I love you, I love you"

She sang and I felt her tears fall on my shoulder and I held her tighter.

"I love you too, Mrs. James." I whispered back into her ear and kissed her neck as we continued to dance close. All of our family and friends watched on and I couldn't help but close my eyes in satisfaction. 

This is the moment I have been waiting for my whole life and it's finally here. I always knew that I was going to get married, but I had never envisioned Jada. Even though she is younger than me, she forced me to grow up in ways that I didn't even know were immature. She showed me how to love properly and she also showed me how life-changing being a mother could be. Not only did I find my forever person, but she came with my first daughter and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Jada and I have been working on having another child, but the first two time it failed. Me being older, my body rejected the treatment and the pregnancy test never came back positive. I was heartbroken for a while, so was Jada, but we pulled through and now I have a surprise for her. I guess the third time is a charm.

I signaled for the Dj, my brother, to stop the music, while I pulled away from my wife. All eyes were on us and I smiled at them all as I waited for the mic. My brother and I planned how I was going to reveal the big news last night and it's finally time!

"Baby, what's going on?" She asked confused.

"I have a surprise for you. Well for you and everyone else." I said smiling brightly.

As I waited, I beaming at how beautiful she looks. I can't believe we just got married! When we first saw each other at the alter, we both was star struck. All night I couldn't stop telling her how sexy she is and how she is all mine now. Her dress is my favorite part of the night actually. I can't wait to take it off of her later tonight... It's a mermaid styled dress with lace and it's very flashy. Me on the other hand, not so much. Our dresses are the complete opposite, where my dress is short and kind of plain, but they both go together in a way. Her hair is curled, but pint up in the back and mine is hanging down on my shoulders. We both picked out our dresses by ourselves and I can say that Jada knew exactly what she was doing when she picked that dress.

"Babe, stop looking at me like that." She blushed.

Right on time, Oliver walked over with the mic and the little gold bag. It held a little purple box where her surprise sat.

"Hey everyone, I hope you all are having a great time, but we have to pause the fun for a moment. I have a little surprise for my wife." I said to everyone before turning back to Jada who was looking at me suspiciously.

I giggle and continued. "Alright, babe this is for you. Before you open it, face everyone so they can see it too." I handed her the bag and she pulled the box out with shaking hands.

"Babe! I'm so nervous! What is this!?" She said squealing.

She pulled the top off of the rectangle box slowly and my heart sped up. I can't wait to see her reaction.

When she took the top off completely, her face read confusion, but then she caught on. She pulled the test out of the box and jumped up and down showing everyone.

"We're having a baby!" She screamed and then jumped in my arms.

______________________

The End!

I'm not sure if I want to leave it here or do a sequel...

What y'all think?

Sorry this took so long btw.
(Still editing)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 17.5K 66
• Rhea just finished her first year of college, but with a strained relationship with her parents... she has no home to come back to during summer br...
44.8K 2.7K 39
'It's a survival of the fittest, you've got to survive today to fight another day. Everyone wants to live through a fight to tell the story another d...
95.1K 3K 45
*UNDER EDITING* In the intricate web of high school, Coen and Serenity shared a close friendship, until life took its toll. Then, out of the blue, a...
697 17 16
"ℳ𝓎 𝒽ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓋ℯ𝓈 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝒽𝒾𝓂" ♕ꨄ♕ 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐲𝐫𝐨𝐮, the psychopath. that doesn't believe in love, she thought of it as stupidi...