How Do I Love You? (Connor x...

By Styla_Mythic

"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? We... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/n: Character Models!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
A/n: .....
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
A/n: THIS IS AMAZING!
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
A/n: I wrote a song...
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
A/n: Thank You!!

Chapter 11

28.8K 972 1.3K
By Styla_Mythic

Connor's POV

I had only closed my eyes for a second, but I was back in the garden. I felt slightly disappointed. I had wanted to open my eyes to the TV, fireplace, couches around me, and sleeping body of (Y/n) next to me. It wouldn't matter though. I would still be there when I went back anyway. 

I walked across the bridge toward Amanda. I stopped a few feet away from her. She was watering her roses.

"Hello Amanda." I greeted. She turned.

"Hello Connor. I would like to have a word with you." She said. I listened. "It seems you have not been making much process in the past few days. You have been preoccupied with other things. Things not important to your mission." She said calmly, clearly unhappy with me.

"I don't understand. I have been going to the reported sighting spots and while I haven't made much progress yet I know I can solve this case." I insisted.

"There is little time Connor. Little time to be doing other unimportant things that have nothing to do with the success of your mission." She said.

"I still don't understand Amanda. I am focused on my mission." I said.

"And yet right now you are resting next to Ms. (L/n) on one of her living room couches. You took care of her for a full day instead of trying to find deviants." Amanda said. I forced myself not to flinch.

"I was only ensuring her health because she is important to the mission. She is very smart and she knows what she is doing. If not for her and her pet, Nova, we would've never gotten so close to catching one of the deviants." I explained.

"She hesitated." Amanda said.

"What?" I asked.

"Ms. (L/n). She hesitated to catch that deviant. I would hope that you would not have had a second thought about it. She let it escape." Amanda said.

"Humans cannot be perfect at everything, this is true. She said it caught her off guard. I believe she would've caught it otherwise." I said, trying not to snap at Amanda. Why did I want to yell at her? Why was I upset? Was it because she was talking about (Y/n) in such a rude way?

"You need to make more progress with your mission Connor. No matter what the cost may be, you must succeed. Do you understand?" Amanda said.

"Yes Amanda." I replied.

"Then hurry Connor." She said.

"I won't let you down Amanda." I said. She nodded. 

I opened my eyes and I was next to (Y/n) again. I picked her up carefully and carried her to her room. I placed her on her bed and then I left. I walked out of her house, but I had a nagging feeling inside of me. I didn't like the feeling. It made me want to run back to her. I forced myself to keep going. Amanda was right. I had to focus.

Your POV

*The next day*

You woke up on your bed. You were confused. You sat up and looked around.

"Connor?" You called gently. He was gone. You felt sad. Why had he left? You sighed. It doesn't matter. You got up and got dressed. You had breakfast, brushed your teeth, and then drove off to work. Hank wasn't there and neither was Connor. You sighed. You worked on your computer for most of the day until you got a call from Hank.

"Hey Hank." You greeted.

"Hey. We got another place to check out over here. You comin'?" He asked. You smiled.

"On my way." You said and hung up. He texted you the address and you were off. You met up with Hank and Connor outside the building. Connor refused to meet your gaze. You frowned. You all walked in and you stood next to Hank in the elevator. You didn't understand. Why was he avoiding you? The doors opened and you followed Hank out. Connor didn't follow.

"Hey Connor!" Hank called. His eyes opened. "You run out of batteries or what?" Hank asked.

"I'm sorry, I was making a report to Cyberlife." He replied.

"Well do you plan on staying in the elevator?" Hank asked.

"No! I'm coming." Connor replied. You followed after Hank, not saying anything. Connor didn't say anything either.

"What do we know about this guy?" Hank asked.

"Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody is supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." Connor replied.

"Oh Christ, if we're gonna have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise we're gonna need more cops." Hank said. Connor knocked on the door. Nothing. Hank shrugged. He did it again, louder this time. 

"Anybody home?" Connor called. "Open up! Detroit Police!" Connor shouted. There was a crash sound. Hank and Connor looked at each other, alarmed. Hank looked between the both of you.

"Stay behind me." He said.

"Got it." Connor replied. You stood next to him as Hank pulled out his gun. He kicked in the door. Nobody was there. Connor followed Hank in and you followed after him. Hank busted down another door. Pigeons flew out and Hank ducked to avoid them.

"What the fuck is this!?" Hank shouted.

"A lot of birds?" You said, confused yourself.

"Jesus, this place stinks." Hank said.

"I live with four brothers. My nose is still sharp, but you think this is bad?" You said. Hank chuckled a little.

"Not the cleanest when you were younger?" He asked.

"Let's just say the only brother I wanted to be around was Kent." You replied with a grin. You both chuckled a little. Connor looked around, ignoring both of you. 

"R.T. Probably initials." He said.

"He put his initials in his jacket? That's something your mom does when you're in first grade." Hank retorted. Connor looked at the license. 

"The drivers license is fake." Connor said.

"Cool! At least we didn't come for nothing." Hank said semi sarcastically. Connor went into the bathroom. You followed him. On the wall RA9 was written over and over again. "Any idea what it means?" Hank asked.

"RA9...written 2471 times. It's the same sign Ortiz's android wrote on the shower wall. Why are they obsessed with this sign?" Connor questioned.

"Looks like mazes or something..." Hank said.

"Maybe it's a code, or a place." You said.

"Maybe." Hank agreed. You both walked back out, leaving Connor there. "Agh! Jesus I hate these things!" Hank yelled as more birds flew around. You laughed a little. 

"Afraid of birds Hank?" You teased.

"Ah shut up!" He retorted.

"It's LED is in the sink." Connor said.

"Not surprised it was an android. No human could live with all these fuckin' pigeons." Hank said. You laughed again. Hank found some birdseed.

"Birdseed? I can't believe it. This nutjob was actually feeding these fuckers." Hank said.

"And caring for birds is a bad thing why?" You asked.

"I'm not saying it's bad I'm saying that this," Hank began, gesturing broadly to all of the birds scattered all over the apartment. "is crazy!" You laughed, but you didn't notice that Connor had found something else. He walked over to a chair next to a hole in the ceiling. Suddenly, somebody dropped down and crashed into him, knocking him over. Pigeons flew up blocking Hank's view.

"Ah! Stupid fucking pigeons!" He yelled. The deviant ran out. "What are you waiting for? Chase it!" Hank yelled. Connor took off. You followed after him. You both hurried to catch up to it. Connor was faster than you, but you had an idea. Based on where it was headed, you had an idea of where it was going. You quickly went the other way and hurried to get there on time. 

"Hank! This way! We can cut it off!" You called. He hurried after you. You both ran at full speed to get there on time. 

You made it there on time and ran into the deviant.

"Hold it right there!" You yelled, pulling out your gun. It charged you and you shrieked. You fell backward. You screamed as you barely caught the edge of the roof. Your grip was slipping. If you fell, you'd die. You saw Connor chase after the deviant. You were stunned. He just ran past!? 

"(Y/N)! HANG ON KID!" Hank yelled he ran over and grabbed your arm. He pulled you up and you hugged him. "It's okay. You're alright kid. You're alright." He said, hugging back.

"H-Hank...I-I was slipping and Connor just ran past me." You whimpered, still shocked that Connor almost let you fall. Hank looked angry.

"Come on." He said. You both hurried over to Connor and the deviant. You both caught up to them. "Don't you fuckin' move." Hank growled at it. Then he slapped Connor. You gasped.

"Hank!" You exclaimed.

"You bastard! You saw (Y/n) was gonna fall and you'd rather let her die instead of fail your fuckin' mission, huh?!" He yelled.

"I had to make a choice-" 

"I thought she meant more to you! I thought you actually cared about us, but oh wait, I forgot that you just want to complete your mission! What are we to you!? A zero!? A fuckin' one in your program!?" Hank yelled. 

"Hank-" You didn't get a chance to speak.

"What are we to you?!" Hank yelled. You snapped.

"HANK ENOUGH!!!" You yelled, standing up for Connor. They all looked at you, stunned. "Connor was just trying to do his job right! It was my fault! I was the one that fell and I shouldn't be Connor's responsibility! I need to take care of myself! Don't go yelling at him, for something he didn't do!" You yelled.

"Exactly! He didn't even-"

"I DON'T CARE THAT HE DIDN'T HELP ME! You helped me and I'm fine! So far it's been my fault we haven't made any progress, so I don't blame Connor for going after this guy! What's the point of having me around if I just screw things up anyway...?" You said, feeling guilty. Hank looked stunned. He didn't say anything to you.

"Whatever. Come on." Hank grabbed the deviant and cuffed him.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked Connor.

"Quiet." Hank growled.

"You're one of us." 

"Shut up!" Hank said.

"You...you're a human and you stood up for him?" He said turning to you. "Why? Humans hate us-"

"I said shut up!" Hank yelled at him. You all began to leave, but then he muttered,

"RA9 save me." He broke free of Hank's grasp and jumped.

"No!" You shouted. 

"Damn it! We had it!" Hank growled. You felt even worse now. It's my fault... That's why Connor didn't save me....he knows I'm useless.... I'm just so useless......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 8.7K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
9.9K 286 11
[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; Deviants is what they have been called. C...
4.7K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
28.7K 813 14
"My name is Connor. I am the android sent by CyberLife" Connor is a prototype android sent by the foundation CyberLife. He has one mission and one mi...