Swimming Lessons | AI

By lovebug5sos

Ambitious college student, Raegan Mills, had it all planned out until 5 Seconds of Summer band member Ashton... More

Cast List
Turbulent Waters
2 - Grand Theft Auto
3- Too Drugged
4- Google
Chapter 5
Chapter 6- Approached
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- Wasted
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15- Ears Open
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18- New Years Eve
Chapter 19- Apologies
Chapter 20
Chapter 21- Penthouse Suite
Chapter 22- Unexpected Shopping with Michael Clifford
Chapter 22-Blurry
Chapter 23- Back Tracking
Chapter 24- Played
Chapter 25- Motherly Advice
26- Advice Followed
27- Unsupportive
28- Prove Them Wrong
29- Old Bed Room
30- Hidden Beach
31- Happy

Chapter 7

121 14 1
By lovebug5sos

Ashton's POV- A few days ago

I fell onto my queen sized bed, exhausted from the small performance we did. I was on a high from the adrenaline from preforming and it felt amazing. I took a couple of deep breathes and let them out slowly. My blood was still pumping and I needed to calm down.

I pulled out my phone and got on Twitter. I scrolled through my feed reading things the fans were talking about. Most were talking about the upcoming album, it's been so long since we released one I was excited to finally be at this point where they soon would all be listening to it. Others were talking about the performance we just did. Reading everything they were saying made me smile.

I continued scrolling as I heard a knock at the door. "You decent, mate?" I heard Calum ask as he slowly opened the door, peaking his head in. "That show was the shit. I really think they like hearing the new song." He plopped down on the other queen sized bed beside mine. "You feeling okay?"

"Other than being complete wore out from the show I feel great. I can't wait until we do it again." I say still scroll and like things. My feed and notifications were now going bonkers because people noticed I was being active. " How are you feeling about everything?"

"I'm pumped to play the new stuff. I can't wait until album releases and seeing everyone's reactions. Have you gotten any new leads on finding Raegan?" Calum stretches out across on his bed before taking his own phone into his hand.

"Aside from her attending Stanford, no. I can't find much else because her name is too common." I said to him sighing from the slight frustration I was developing from the issue. "I'm half tempted to just walk on campus and search for her but I can't exactly do that without being recognized. Plus, I don't know when her classes are or if she even stays on campus. I need an insider but I don't know who I can trust to get information without shouting out to the world I'm looking for her."

"Hire someone?" Calum suggested but I shook my head. "Then I don't know, Ash."

It got quiet as both Calum and I messed with our phones. I could feel my stomach starting to rumble but I wasn't ready to move from my spot. I just about to exit Twitter when I noticed something on my feed someone had retweeted. It was a picture, a picture of Raegan. It wasn't posted from her account but someone else's and it was posted only a few hours ago.

I study the picture with the caption: Glad my bestie is back with me. It was of two girls, one whom was Raegan and the other was someone who looked familiar. I thought back to the day of the accident and then it hit me. The other girl was her frantic friend who I exchanged quick words with. I tapped on her icon which took me to her profile. I scroll through it and see more pictures of them together and my lips curve into a smile. "Calum I think I found her best friend."

Calum looked over to me before rolling off his bed and crawling over to mind. I shift and hand him the phone. "You think she'll be cool about it?"

I shrug, "I hope so because I don't really have another choice."

I tapped the follow button and then waited to see a reaction from her, but nothing happened. "I don't think she's on right now."

"Well lets go eat with the guys and you can check back on it in a bit." Calum says as his stomach let out loud noticeable noise.

***
Calum, Luke, Michael, and I sat around a table in the downstairs restaurant of our hotel. Normally, we would just order room service but tonight we decided to venture out of rooms and eat. I was just happy to be surrounded by my best mates with a beer in hand after having a kick ass show. It was definitely shaping up to be a good night but the only thing that could make it better would be a reaction from Raegan's friend on Twitter.

Every few minutes I would be checking and eventually Michael called me out about having my phone at the table, like it was actually an issue. He always has his phone out while eating so I roll my eyes and then explained why. 

"That awesome." Luke says as our food appeared in front of us.  "I bet this food is awesome too."

I take one more look at my phone before retiring it while I ate and finally she tweeted. I smiled and then tapped on her message button.

Ashton: Hey I think we met before, right? You're Raegan's friend? I've been trying to find her but once she got released from the hospital I lost track of her. I wanted to see how she's doing. Can you help me contact her?

I hit the send button and then dug into my food.

It wasn't until I was sprawled out across my bed about to fall asleep from the food coma I was in that I checked for a response. I scrolled through my messages until I found her and I smiled as I opened it.

Hailey: Oh my god yes. I seriously can't believe this is happening right now. Yes I'll help you. She's being so stubborn right now and won't contact you because I've tried getting her too. She and I go to Stanford. It's a pretty laid back place, can you come here? You can talk to her. Our dorm usually stays quiet enough. Or if you prefer I can try to get her to met you at a place if your choosing?

Ashton: Your dorm will be fine but I just don't know how easily recognizable I'll be to people there. I know press isn't allowed on the campus so that will be good. I just wanted to talk to her so I really appreciate you helping me. Just tell me when and where your dorm is and I'll work it around my schedule.

Hailey: We stay in the Sutton-Alfred dorm, room 214. It's on the far west side of campus. We have to leave for class by 11 on Thursday. Maybe then?

Ashton: Perfect. I'll be in a interview that morning so I won't be too far away and I should be able to slip over for a bit before then. Are you going to tell her?

Hailey: Nah, I'll let it be a surprise.

***
All through the interview I couldn't help but think I'll be rushing off in less than an hour to see Raegan and finally be able to talk to her. It was hard to stay focus and I'm sure my unusual quietness was noticeable because I'm always talking during interviews. This time I just sit back and let the others talk l unless something was directed towards me.

Once the interview was over I jumped to my feet and rushed out the door because the interview ran over and I was late. I quickly typed out a message to Hailey, telling her I was late but I was on my way. I waved down a cab and jump in before Landon snatches me up for ditching. Luckily he was not in sight.

The cab let me out at the front circle drive at Stanford University and drove off after I handing him money for the ride. I look around, taking in my surroundings. All the buildings looked old but were wonderfully kept. I take off walking and finally I came across two guys with books in hand.

"Excuse me, mate. Can you point me in the direction of Sutton-Alfred dorm?"  I asked them hoping they didn't recognize me.

"It's in the back. Just follow this sidewalk all the way towards the back and you'll run right into it." One of them pointed and I quickly thank them before taking off.

I check my Twitter DM to find out Raegan and Hailey had left for class but Hailey sent directions for the building they were headed to. At least I was closer to that building so I continued walking. It wasn't until I noticed a group of girls who looked younger and out of place I began getting nervous. The fans knew I was here.

I dash inside the nearest building and watched through the window until they were out of sight. I let out a loud sigh and then swung the door open, waking back outside. I continue down the sidewalk until I came across the building Hailey and Raegan were going to go. I looked around for them and I see them off in a little further down still walking. I also then notice another group of girls who stuck out and shouldn't be here. I nervously watched as they approach them. I could make out they were talking. I smirk as I then watch as they took pictures with Raegan. My fans I swear.

I quickly walk around them as I kept out of a sight. The girls left in the direction I just came from as I hid behind a large oak tree behind them. I made sure the girls were out of sight before walking up behind Raegan and Hailey.

I could hear Raegan as she turned to Hailey and said her, "What did you do? Why did they think Ashton is here?"

I smile as she accuses her friend. "Because I am here." I spoke up and they quickly turned to look at me as I closed the distance between us. "Can we go somewhere hidden because that's not the only group of girls out looking for me and I don't have much time?"

A/N: If you like it please Vote, Leave a comment, and if you really love me share the story? :) I got big plans for this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 72 51
This girl's voice has been the center of my thoughts and dreams for a very long time. When she is brought to us unexpectedly to promote our band, 5...
655 136 34
Hailey goes on a trip with her 3 best friends to a cruise ship to see her favourite band 5 seconds of summer. She can't believe this is all real. But...
8.9K 285 33
this is about a young girl named violet who has cancer. she is inlove with the band 5 seconds of summer and for her birthday gets to meet them. but...
1K 43 55
5 SECONDS OF SUMMER, a well known pop punk bad all over the world. Calum Hood met a fan and only a fan of their music. She doesn't fangirl and all. T...