Jacob Frye x Reader

By Soul-of-a-dragon

From a very young age, you were raised as an assassin to follow the Creed. After reading a letter meant for s... More

The Letter
Chapter 1 - Off to London
Chapter 2 - Henry Green and the Frye twins
Author's note
Chapter 3 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 1)
Chapter 4 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 2)
Chapter 5 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 3)
Chapter 6 - Conquering Whitechapel (Part 4)
Chapter 7 - Worried about (Name)
Chapter 8 - Worried? More like Scared
Chapter 9 - Meeting Alexander and Ned
Chapter 10 - More about Jacob and Evie
Chapter 11 - More about (Name)
Chapter 12 - Soothing Syrup
A/n
Chapter 13 - Unnatural Selection (Part 1)
Chapter 14 - Unnatural Selection (Part 2)
Chapter 15 - I'm sorry
Chapter 16 - On the Origin of Syrup
Chapter 17 - A bloody night
Chapter 18 - Torture
Chapter 19 - Overdose
Chapter 20 - It wasn't your fault
Chapter 21 - What the hell just happened
Chapter 22 - Friendly Competition
Chapter 23 - Jealousy's a bitch, ain't it
Chapter 24 - Research and Development
Chapter 25 - It had to be done
Chapter 26 - Oblivious
Chapter 27 - Distance between us
Chapter 28 - Survival of the Fittest
Chapter 29 - End of the line
Chapter 30 - The shocking news
Chapter 31 - Everything changes
Chapter 32 - A Case of Identity
Chapter 33 - A Spot of Tea (Part 1)
Author's Note
Chapter 34 - A Spot of Tea (Part 2)
Chapter 35 - A Bad Penny
Chapter 36 - Playing Politics
Chapter 37 - The Bodyguard
Chapter 38 - Driving Mrs. Disraeli
Chapter 39 - Motion to Impeach
Chapter 41 - Flashbacks
Chapter 42 - Triple Theft
Chapter 43 - Fun and Games
Chapter 44 - Final Act
Chapter 45 - I just got you back
Chapter 46 - Double Trouble
Chapter 47 - Dress to Impress
Chapter 48 - Remembering who I am
Chapter 49 - A Night to Remember (Part 1)
Chapter 50 - A Night to Remember (Part 2)
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Sequel!!!

Chapter 40 - Strange Bedfellows

1K 39 2
By Soul-of-a-dragon

After saying goodbye to father and making sure I had a few of my belongings as well as my cloak to make sure no one would see who I am, Mr. Roth and I had left the house. We begin making our way to the Alhambra Music Hall, where I would be spending most of the time as Mr. Roth seems to be there most of his time. Although I just met the man, I knew I was in capable hands as my father seems to trust him to a certain degree. Though a part of me felt like something was going to happen in the next few days, whether it be good or bad, I truly cannot say.

"Mr. Roth, how do you know my father?" I find myself asking in curiosity. I'm not exactly aware of the work my father does, he said it's to keep my safe, so I happen to find myself curious as to how he and Mr. Roth know each other.

"Ah, your father and I met...under certain circumstances...and have a sort of agreement with one another." He said in a rather cryptic way.

"Certain circumstances? An agreement? What is it that my father does?"

"He hasn't told you?"

"All he said to me was that there are assassins around London, and that I should stay away from them. That all he wants is to keep me safe from them."

"Ah, the assassins. I find myself rather interested in them to be honest, specifically one of them to be honest. It just so happens that I sent out an invite to one of them. You my dear, are in for a good time. Pity that you have to remain a secret, the look on their face would be priceless indeed if they knew who you were." I couldn't help but grow even more confused at his words. Just what is this man on about? And why would he invite an assassin when they are dangerous? Other than that, why would the assassin appear to have such a reaction if they saw me? So many questions, and not enough answers.

"Mr. Roth, if I may? Which assassin has peaked your interest?"

"The one and only Jacob Frye." My eyes widened in shock at the name, a part of me thrilled to see him once again and to try and find out just who he is to me and how he knows me. But another part of me is scared and should try and keep my identity from him. Instead of pondering on it, and mentally preparing myself to see him again, I changed the subject.

"Is there anything I should do to make sure no one knows who I am, Mr. Roth? I asked after a few moments of silence. I figured it would be best to not ask about anything else to do with the assassin, especially when I'm meant to stay away from them.

"Ah yes, your father made it really clear about you remaining hidden. Well then, since you'll be by my side, how about pretending to be a waitress around the theatre, and a sort of maid of mine when out and about? You won't be spending all your time in the theatre after all, oh no my dear, I've got a few ideas that will make things interesting for sure." I pondered his words and found myself agreeing with the idea.

"Do these plans have anything to do with my father?"

"But of course. But that will be our little secret." Nothing more was said as we continued to the theatre.

Jacob's POV

"A dinner invitation." I said as I held the letter addressed to me in my hands. 

"And with whom are you dining this evening." Evie said as she stopped what she was doing and turned towards me. 

"Maxwell Roth."

"The leader of the Blighter's? You're not going."

"Of course not."

Mini time skip

As the day begins to end, I make my way to the Alhambra Music Hall, but was not received upon checking the front entrance.

"Hmm. Better check the back." I muttered out as I made my way to the back of the hall. I found the back entrance and showed my invitation to the doorman. "I'm here to see Mr. Roth."

"Weapons?" He asked.

"No, thank you. I've got my own."

"You should be on the stage, sir. This way." I said nothing else and followed the man to a table where two people appear to be waiting. 

"Ah! Our honoured guest has arrived! Come sit." The man who I assume is Maxwell Roth said. As soon as he sat down, he got the person beside him to pour us a drink. From what I can tell, it was a woman underneath the cloak.

"Thank you love." I said after she poured my drink. There was something about this woman that seemed familiar, but I didn't think too much on it as Roth begins speaking.

"My dear, one of the waitresses appear to be missing. Might you fill in for the time being?" He said the to woman, who merely shook her head and walked off. 'I wonder why she's quiet.' I thought as I watched her leave. "Now then, I've had my eye on you for some time. I find your...heroics in battling the great Crawford Starrick quite magnificent."

"I've been picking off your soldiers one by one, doesn't that make you angry?"

"On the contrary. Surprise is the spice of life! Now, Mr. Starrick, that's a different story. I'm drowning in directives, all terribly boring. Let's say we work together and bring him down?"

"Aw, I'm not so sure about that..."

"My friend, if I fail to provide you the chance to cause Starrick some pain, well you can charge into this theatre and kill me yourself."

"What do you get out of this?"

"The chance to have a little fun with the bravest man in London!"

"You have a deal." With that, we clanked our beers together and toasted to a newfound partnership.

"Lewis! My carriage! Shall we?" With that said, we walked out of the theatre.

"This way!" Roth said as he walked ahead. "Well, you don't expect me to go alone, do you? Take the reins." I merely shook my head and took the reins of the carriage. "Drive! To St. Pancras! And don't spare the horses."

"I thought you and Starrick would be fighting for the same ends. What happened?"

"Oh, you know. He required my services to train his gang leaders. But the man is dreadful."

"You don't say."

"Freedom, Jacob. Stealing that is far more than a sin. It denies us our humanity."

"Right you are. And St. Pancras will ease our suffering?"

"The station contains a large shipment of explosives to be dispatched to Starrick & Co."

"And you intend to steal it?"

"What? No. I intend to blow it up!" It wasn't long before we reached our destination. We both dismounted the carriage and climbed a rooftop near St. Pancras station. "There's a train parked inside St. Pancras."

"Then I am to do away with Starrick's merchandise, leaving chaos in my wake."

"Why not, Jacob? Why not? As we speak, the up train is headed towards us. That may help you enter the station unseen."

"As long as it remains on the tracks."

"I'd say good luck, but you don't need it. I shall make certain any reinforcements from Starrick are kept away from the station." With that, he was off, leaving me to do what I do best.

Using the passing train, I managed to infiltrate the station and blew up the dynamite shipments there. "Someday, you Blighters will understand that I'm doing this for your own good." I said as I blew up the first. "Two down. Be a shame to stop now...One shipment left...Now to find somebody to drive this hunk of metal..." I found the driver of Starrick's train and grabbed him from behind.

"Oi! Get your bleedin' hands off me!" He yelled out.

"Hush, now. Please." I said nicely.

"What's you think you're up to?!"

"Do be quiet, sir. No need to make a fuss."

"What do you want from me?"

"I just need you to keep the engine stoked."

"All right! I'll help you! Don't hurt me!"

"There's a good lad."

"Mr. Starrick won't be happy." I took the driver aboard the locomotive.

"Would you be so kind as to get up some steam?"

The driver complied and drove the train further down the tracks, where Roth and his men awaited. I only noticed the woman from before, though how she managed to be there when she was left back at the theatre is beyond me. Rather than think on it, I merely shook my head and jumped off. As the driver was about to follow, Roth's men held him at gunpoint and boarded the locomotive.

"Splendid! Starrick will be on his knees in no time. My hat is off to you." Roth said as he, his men, and the woman boarded the train and started the locomotive. "Apologies, I must run. Do come see me again."

End of POV

What a night. I honestly wasn't expected what looked to be a simple night to be turned into one where one minute I'm pouring a drink for Mr. Roth and Jacob, to serving tables, only to be dragged over to where Mr. Roth appeared to be waiting for something. I was going to ask what we were waiting for, only to see Jacob with a locomotive.

"Why Mr. Roth, that was most unexpecting. I don't suppose I could get an explanation on what just happened tonight?"

"Just a bit of fun my dear. Now then, just sit back and enjoy the ride. We're just getting started." Nothing more was said after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 102 11
It's been twenty years since Jacob, Evie and (Name) have freed London from the clutches of Starrick and his men. All has been quiet since then, until...
40.2K 1.3K 20
Jacob Frye x Reader The year is 1868 and it starts as a good year for the actress Y/N but she is living a double life. On the stage she is a beautifu...
5.9K 214 26
London has fallen to the Templars. Their rule has been so long that it has been more than a hundred years since the Assassins were driven out of the...
126K 4.9K 21
You are a happy go lucky, creative young girl who finds herself shipped off to London by her parents to stay with her uncle, who happens to be the hi...