Leon Pride: A World of Demons

By blue_jay

What were you doing on December 21, 2012? Well, on that day, the world was introduced to a race that would co... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Lauren
Chapter 2 - Party Town
Chapter 3 - Leon
Chapter 4 - Vega Industries
Chapter 5 - Archway
Chapter 6 - Nick
Chapter 7 - Street Fight
Chapter 8 - Extermination
Chapter 9 - The Queen
Chapter 10 - Limits
Chapter 11 - Adapt
Chapter 12 - Raven
Chapter 13 - A Vision
Chapter 14 - Operation: Scrap Metal
Chapter 15 - What Color Do You Bleed?
Chapter 16 - Rumble Under the Dome
Chapter 17 - True Colors
Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon
Chapter 19 - Tranformations
Chapter 20 - Vega's Fall
Chapter 21 - Calamity
Chapter 22 - Working Things Out
Chapter 23 - Third Party
Chapter 24 - Family Bonding
Chapter 25 - Father's Regrets
Chapter 26 - Calamity is Born
Chapter 27 - The Favored Son
Chapter 28 - Battle With The Shades
Chapter 29 - Warning Shot
Chapter 30 - Breaking Points
Chapter 31 - Trechery of Demons
Chapter 32 - Kane VS Kayos
Chapter 33 - Family Ties
Chapter 34 - The Collaboration Festival
Chapter 35 - "We Are Too Strong"
Chapter 36 - Match Made in Blood
Chapter 37 - Gods of Strength
Chapter 38 - The New God
Chapter 39 - The Last Hurdle
Chapter 40 - Challenging the New God
Chapter 41 - Skorge The Calamity
Chapter 42 - Seeds of Distrust
Chapter 43 - Vega's Legacy
Chapter 44 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 45 - Brutal Encounter
Chapter 46 - Ugliness of Humanity
Chapter 47 - Divided
Chapter 48 - Violence Repeated
Chapter 49 - Enter the Fury
Chapter 50 - Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 51 - Savage
Chapter 52 - Limitations
Chapter 53 - Mind of a God
Chapter 54 - A Losing Battle?
Chapter 55 - The Last Straw
Chapter 56 - Calling the End
Chapter 57 - Earning The Name
Chapter 58 - The Calm...
Chapter 59 - ...Before the Storm
Chapter 60 - Student of Kane
Chapter 61 - City of Demons
Chapter 62 - Rematch?
Chapter 63 - The Vicious Cycle
Chapter 64 - Beginning of The End
Chapter 65 - End of an Era?
Chapter 66 - The Heir of Kane
Chapter 67 - Broken Chain
Chapter 68 - Meeting of the Calamities
Chapter 69 - Gods and the Beast
Chapter 70 - The Gloves Are Off
Chapter 71 - The Light and The End
Chapter 72 - Bang
Chapter 73 - The Fallen
Chapter 74 - Savages
Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT
Final Arc - Prologue
Final Arc - Chapter 1
Final Arc - Chapter 2
Final Arc - Chapter 4
Final Arc - Chapter 5

Final Arc - Chapter 3

19 3 0
By blue_jay

"So from what I gather; you fear becoming like your father, yet at the same time you hold him up as a figure." Zhione said while she looked over her notes. Leon was about to protest but she held up a hand. "I wasn't finished. You hold him as a figure of what not to be. Kayos for you as hell is for many human religions. An eternity of agony and despair so you do everything in your power to ensure that he never happens again.

"You told me that the two of you actually fought not so long ago." Leon nodded his head as the memory of that battle within Bjorn's world came to mind. "Were you satisfied with the outcome?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't remember what happened." Leon said with a sigh. "Whether I won or lost it doesn't matter to me, I just need to know what happened."

"Have you asked him?" 

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"It'd bring you closure." Zhione said clicking her pen over and over. "Don't you think you deserve that? Some closure on that part of your life? You seem like you really don't care about the result of the fight but you want to know what actually happened.  Why? Because Kayos has lost his power, you will never get the chance to face him again in battle. At least you won't be able to face him and feel good about the outcome."

Leon looked down at the floor just then. Was that really the reason, he wondered. Kayos was little more than a human at this point, all of his strength and power has left him. He couldn't even heal quickly anymore let alone fight at the level a demon of his rank should be able to.  Maybe Zhinoe was right. All his life Leon just wanted one fair shot and fighting Kayos, and the one time he got it something happened and it left him unsure of what actually happened. He'd woken up after it which made it seem like he lost it, but it was after that fight when Kayos began acting differently when Leon was around him. 

"Maybe you're right." He said plainly looking up at her. "Kayos- he's always been a problem for me. He's always been holding me back, if not physically than-"

Leon paused just then and Zhione reacted as well to the sound of a voice so loud and powerful the picture frames trembled along the wall. "LEON!"

That single word, made Leon's throat close on himself and he was on his feet in an instant, running out of the office so fast that the door on Zhione's office was ripped off of it's hinges. He flew past his car, knowing that he'd get back home far faster if he ran than he would if he drove. Leon found a straight road and sprinted as fast as he could down it headed straight for home. Block after block of houses and buildings flew by him in a blur of motion as he turned took sharp turns as effortlessly as he would if he were walking. 

What the hell's going on he was asking himself. Natalia wouldn't just scream like that for no reason, something's wrong! Was it Nix? Did something happen to their son? A barrage of images and scenarios flew through his head as he hurried through the city. What if he was sick, demons don't get sick but what if he somehow was? What if something happened, something fell on him and hurt him? If he had some kind of reaction to something and his throat closed on him?

The horrors that were playing through in his head were awful and Leon found his body beginning to tremble as he ran through the streets until he finally reached a familiar looking neighborhood. There was smoke and once he saw that, Leon found himself gaining another burst of speed, flying through the streets until he stopped right in front of his house now left a complete ruin. Natalia was beside the ruin of one of the neighbors' house, and there was a group of people standing in the middle of the street. Some he didn't know, others he did and he couldn't believe his own eyes when he saw Kane standing among the group.

But his shock was completely eclipsed by the sight of his screaming son in the arms of one of these strangers. His heart skipped a beat and his entire body flared up like a massive inferno of red light, filling his body with power as his eyes narrowed. He began walking towards them, all but Kane stayed where they were, the large demon took a step backwards. Nix meanwhile was screaming and holding his arms out towards Leon which only triggered a deeper animal-like instinct to protect his son. 

"This is your only warning." He said in a voice that was more snarl than anything. "Give my son back to me." None of them moved so Leon yelled. "RIGHT NOW!"

"Oh looks like Mama went and called Papa Bear." Said the lone woman of the group who brought her fist to her hand and cracked her neck. "If it's alright with you lot, I'll take him first."

"No-" Leon said coldly as he rushed at the woman, appearing directly in front of her before she could do anything. She let out a shocked gasp the moment he appeared mere inches from her face. "You won't."

Leon drove his fist hard into the woman's gut doubling her over and lifting her right off the ground, spattering the road with drops of saliva before she was sent soaring through the air. Or rather she would have, if the largest of them hadn't reached out and grabbed her before she flew out of reach. The man that caught her, a man that dwarfed even a man such as Kane let out a loud laugh, his orange mane of blowing lightly in the wind. 

"Ah Elza." He said cheerfully. "Surely you must've known that if Omni's son called us, he must be something truly." He smiled set the dazed woman down and looked at Leon. "Or maybe not."

"You next big guy?" Leon asked tilting his head slightly to the side. 

The big man just smiled with what could only be described as a genuine joy. "I suppose I am" He said before he bowed his head. "My name is Talis. Pleased to-"

Leon rushed this man as well but before he could throw the punch the big man reacted by catching his fist. Still the force of Leon's punch made the large man slide several feet and smoke was emerging from their hands. Leon narrowed his eyes at Talis who was still smiling that warm smile. What's this man's deal he couldn't help but wonder.

"Oh boy." Talis said as their arms began to shake with effort, yet his smile never once left his face. "Seems you're mighty indeed."

Leon threw another punch which Talis caught and after a moment he opened his fists until both of their hands were interlocked together, both arms trembling with effort. Talis' smile began to waver and his face looked a bit more strained as he continued to grapple with Leon. The pair of them flared up with bright light, Leon bathed in bright red light, while Talis was bathed in green light. Talis' eyes opened now and his smile faded, replaced instead with a taut and serious look as he began to properly observe Leon. 

"I think I'm beginning to see what he saw in you-" Talis began, though was cut off as the ground below their feet began to break apart. "Oh ho-ho Seems you're quite the contender!" 

The others all looked on in shock as neither Leon nor Talis gave an inch, however the ground beneath them began to literally split open unable to hold itself together under that amount of strength. "Hold him Talis!" Called the blonde woman who darted forward with her arms shrouded in orange aura. She caught Leon hard in the gut but didn't budge him. "Tough bastard aren't you!" She exclaimed before she launched a rapid fire assault on him, landing blow after blow on his torso. Each one striking harder than the last until finally Leon's body buckled and he fell forward. 

Talis brought Leon forward and caught him with a hard knee that sounded like the boom of thunder. The ground was spattered with saliva just then as Leon was doubled over once again and caught a hard blow to the head from Talis. He fell to the ground but Leon growled and was right back up driving his fist into Talis' gut. It felt like he was punching a damn mountain but regardless, the big demon was doubled over and left holding his gut. Leon was about to strike him again when the woman Elza rushed at him again. She struck him once again, this time in the face and also much, much harder than she had before previously. 

Still Leon spun around and punched her right back making her entire body spin around in the air before she hit the ground. But by then Talis was coming back at Leon and the two of them began to exchange blows with the other. Despite his immense size, Talis was still shockingly nimble and was also hit harder than one would expect. But Leon was giving it all right back to the big demon and then some. The two of them continued to trade blows, but as they did the skin along Leon's knuckles was being ripped apart with every landed blow. 

"Easy there young one!" Talis said his smile returning to his face. "You'll end up hurting yourself if you're not careful."

Leon threw another punch which the large man effortlessly evaded, catching it as it flew past his fast. He used his height to his advantage and hoisted Leon straight up until he was nearly ten feet from the road below. He tried throwing a kick but Talis caught that as well before releasing his arm and swung Leon around like a rag doll before slamming him repeatedly down on the ground. Leon felt the air driven from his body with the first impact, and his joints all popped after the second, next his entire leg muscle was ripped from the bone making Leon cry out in pain yet still Talis continued with his assault. 

"Talis!" Elza called out and before Leon knew it, his entire body was being used like a baseball bat. The ball was Elza's burning fist that caught him right on the jaw, completely shattering it, and knocking several of his neck bones out  of place. The impact of the blow quite literally blew back what cars were still left standing. "Hooo, now that was a solid hit!" She exclaimed before she spun around and gave Talis a high five. "Nice one big guy."

Talis held up Leon's limp body and began to shake him lightly before looking up at the rest. "Um, I think he's-"

"Talis watch out!" Kane's voice called out as Leon's body ignited once more before he shoved his hand in the large man's face.

"Bang!" He shouted before a loud whirring sounded followed immediately by an tremendous explosion. The large man released Leon's leg and was sent flying through the air making him fall to the ground his body practically healing itself in an instant.

Elza rushed Leon with her glowing arms but this time Leon caught both of her fists and once again there was a loud whirring followed by a loud explosion. Elza's scream rivaled even Natalia's as she pulled back what were essentially just two bleeding stumps instead of hands. Leon though wasn't done and grabbed her by the face, the girl tried fighting him but Leon could hardly even feel her hits anymore. There was another loud whirring and a red light traveled down his arm headed towards his palm.

Just a split second before the explosion went off however another large arm came and struck Leon in the elbow making his arm bend and forcing him to release Elza. Leon's eyes looked to find Kan glaring down at him before a large red light burst from his palm. It sounded like something straight out of a sci-fi movie with that odd buzzing sound it made. The light itself blew a perfectly cone shaped path through the houses and was going on further than they could see. 

"That's enough!" Kane shouted but Leon threw his head forward connecting with the large demon's lower jaw. Staggered Kane took a few steps back before Leon rushed at him. "Leon stop-" the big demon tried saying only for Leon's kick to come up. The large demon got his arms up but the force of which still sent him sliding several meters.

Leon's eyes were bright and wild, his pupils had shrunk down to the size of needles, and his body was radiating with red flame-like aura. However his fury was stayed by the screaming of his son and Leon's eyes returned to normal for but a moment to look in his son's direction. He saw the black and white haired man moving to get away from them and his son was screaming his head off with tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"NIX!" Leon screamed just in time to catch a massive blade shaped light slam into him. Leon dug his heels in and using his hand he sent a wave of light down his arm blowing the light away just in time to see the unfamiliar ebon skinned man dart towards him. 

The two of them clashed fists that completely indented the ground around them and Leon for a slight moment was finding himself being overwhelmed by this man's punch! "Still have a lot to learn my boy." The man said in a thick accent letting his arm go limp, making Leon fall forward, the man spun around until he was on his knees and thrust his arm forward with fingers outstretched. They shone with a white, almost purple light and their force tore right through Leon's skin until the man's hand was nearly elbow deep in Leon's gut. "Checkmate."

Leon coughed up a bit of blood as another whirring sounded and suddenly a white beam of light exploded from his back. Blood fell from Leon's mouth as he fell forward just as the man withdrew his arm. He stepped aside allowing Leon to fall to the ground, however Leon's eyes flashed before he caught himself from falling. The dark skinned demon turned to look at Leon and made an attempt to strike him once again only for a massive force to explode from Leon's body sending the demon flying backwards. 

He dashed forward, kicking with all of his strength shattering the stone ground as he headed straight for the man that was trying to run away with his son. His arms were glowing like two red stars and he was screaming for the man to give back his son. He spun around and with a blue hand looked ready to defend himself however before Leon got with in range of him another figure appeared seemingly from nowhere. He was wearing a long red coat and had flowing almost feathery auburn hair and hauntingly magenta colored eyes. 

Leon didn't know who this man was but he gathered all of his energy and strength into his arm, roaring like a demon larger than mountains as he pulled his arm back. The punch was thrown with everything he had, and the impact- was non-existent. The man that appeared before him simply raised his had up and blocked the blow with the palm of his hand. Not only that but he'd done so in such away that the impact was somehow completely neutralized. Leon's eyes went wide with shock as he looked at the man with a now smoking palm who didn't look phased whatsoever. But what was more, he couldn't move! Something, some unseen force was holding him in place, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't budge from the position he was in.

The new man let out a sigh lowering his head letting his hair fall in front of his eyes before he shook it away from them. "Turns out you were a mistake after all."

There was a high pitched humming sound before Leon was suddenly sent flying backwards so fast that he couldn't even try to turn, the air pressure was far too great for him to try catching himself. However he did stop, being slammed right into the waiting arms of the giant Talis who slide several dozen meters along the ground before he got Leon in a lock. He tried but for all his strength he just couldn't match Talis' raw power!

"You three had better make use of the moment while Talis still has a decent hold of him." The magenta eyed man said in a silky smooth voice.

As if on cue, Kane, Elza, and the ebon skinned demon reappeared in front of the still struggling Leon. His arms were held above his head by Talis' lock on him and the other three slowly approached. The only one who looked reluctant was Kane but even he brought out his other four arms and took his place beside the other two. All three of them took a stance before all three of their bodies flared up like wildfires. Kane in bloody crimson, Elza in a firey orange, and the dark skinned man in a bright almost white purple.

Kane flew forward first with all six of his fists glowing dark crimson, and all six of them flew forward digging so far into Leon's gut that he practically vomited out blood. But that wasn't all, not at all for the moment Kane extended his fingers did six giant red blasts of light explode from his hands enveloping Leon and Talis.  It was all Leon could do to scream but Talis on the other hand didn't seem bothered in the slightest. When the red light died down Kane jumped back and the other man shot forward digging his fist back into Leon's gut though this time his fist went straight up tearing through Leon's bones and muscles like they weren't even there leaving him with a gigantic ugly gash all the way up his torso.

Leon didn't even have voice left enough to scream as the man jumped back and Elze darted forward unleashing a barrage of strikes so fast that her arms were all but invisible. Her hits were coming so hard now that their were bursts of air shooting from Talis' back where the blows' impacts tore right through Leon's body and traveled through the giant's. Leon's vision had long since faded now and his eyes had gone dull as his head fell limply forward. The dark skinned one stepped forward and looked ready to hit him again but Kane stepped between them.

"He's had enough Rize." Kane said and the other large demon snarled before turning away. Kane though turned his head to look at Talis who might as well be holding onto a corpse at this point. "Let him go."

Just as Talis was beginning to loosen his grip, did Natalia once more scream out, in such a way that the ground beneath them shattered and their ear drums burst. She called out his name, and deep within that body, that husk of a body Leon still heard her. He felt his heartbeat and the light in Leon's eyes returned to him before suddenly a massive pillar of red light exploded from him. Talis tried restraining him but Leon broke the giant's grip and tossed him aside like he weight nothing. The other three tried stopping him but Leon tossed them aside just as easily He was heading straight for the other two man who had his son. The white and black haired one looked more than alarmed but the other barely moved, and kept his hands in his pockets. 

Leon charged at them with a roar that put Natalia's to shame as he flew right past the man in red heading right for his son.  He never got within ten feet however when the man in red moved in front of Leon once again this time however he didn't raise a hand. Instead his eyes flashed and a perfect sphere appeared around him and the moment Leon collided with it did he suddenly feel that immense force back on his body. It was pulling him into the sphere until he was flat against it while the man in red casually walked over to him with his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe I was wrong about you... maybe you do have something special about you." The man said in that silky voice of his that reminded Leon so much of a snake that he might as well have a forked tongue. The man removed one of his hands from his pockets and slowly brought it up with a single finger halfway extended. "Here's your first test... prove me wrong in thinking you were a waste of my time."

Leon was still struggling to pull himself free of the sphere while the man's finger slowly came near him.  The man added in a quite voice that he'd better not disappoint him just a split second before contact was made. The man's finger touched Leon's chest and with that single touch Leon's entire chest area was just gone. Much like the way his explosive touch seemed to vaporize humans, so did this man's touch completely vaporize Leon's chest leaving nothing but a gapping hole large enough for someone to stick their entire head within and still have quite a bite of room. 

Several meters away Natalia, and the others watched Leon take that attack in absolute horror. Who the hell was he? And how on Earth did he beat Leon with a simple touch? As they wondered that Leon's body was seemingly released and like a corpse he fell to the ground below. The man in red on the other hand, simply placed his hand back in his pocket before he began to walk towards Nix and the black and white haired man. 

"Come!" He called out and like dogs the other four demons hurried to the man in red before he called back to Natalia and the others. "Let's see your savior get up from that one."

A/N: Bet you didn't see that one coming! Me uploading this again I mean lol. No but for real, HOW THE EFF did he just do that!?! For those of you who may have forgotten, that was Genus (jen-niss), the first demon. But still how the heck is the gap so dang big?!?!

Well stick around and maybe you'll find out! 

Also do you like the new cover? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
106 12 27
Two friends in Sulayra in the 1910's are trying to find jobs One day Kareu goes to the press with Phoenix to try and help him out and is even hoping...
20.9K 591 21
Many years ago at the dawn of time even before the birth of man kind there were many clans but they would always be at war with each other. One of th...
9.6K 137 7
Here we go again... Hundreds of years ago a devil scientist cracked the code and was able to make advanced devils in order to put his species at the...