Along Came Aurora

By MistyHall_1

Jennifer had everything she ever thought she wanted: family, success, and money. The one thing she did lack h... More

Viewer Discretion
Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

Part 3

5.2K 338 73
By MistyHall_1

Stepping up the concrete stairs Jennifer took in the warm atmosphere letting the temperate of outside shake off of her. It was toasty enough in the small structure to let her goosebumps disappear back into her skin. Jumping at the sound of a tattoo gun going off she swallowed a knot in her throat while she observed a man scrunched over a mans leg concentrating on his work.

"It's been a long time Aurora!"

Crossing her arms Jennifer let the brunette reconnect with her old friend. A man that stood about 6'3 with his skin covered in artwork. Even his bald head held some interesting pieces.

"Cam, this is Jennifer." Aurora said moving to the side so the two could formally meet. "She wants to get her first tattoo."

Almost feeling her heart skip a beat the older woman took in the soft smile Aurora gave her. "Nice to meet you."

"That's wonderful!" Cam exclaimed shaking her hand and clapping. For some reason Jennifer was surprised at the mannerisms of the man. His outer appearance would have you believe he was a leader of a violent gang, but he twirled his thumbs while he talked and tried to hide his lisp out of embarrassment. His brown eyes were soft when you spoke to him and his hands were gentle. "What tattoo did you have in mind?"

Breaking out of her thoughts she avoided eye contact with them. "Something small." She felt crazy for agreeing to do this.

Nodding Aurora watched the woman for a while but finally looked away when she decided Jennifer wasn't going to look back. "How about the word 'yes?"

Finally the blue eyes looked at her, "A tattoo that just says 'yes'?" She chuckled, "doesn't that seem silly?"

Cam scrunched his face at her negativity, "I actually think that's beautiful. It means so much if you really think about it. I can put it in a cute font of your choice."

Looking at the door Jennifer debated. It really wouldn't matter in the morning anyway. "Alright."

Following him to his station he opened his computer to show her the choices in fonts. Sitting and waiting Jennifer adverted her eyes to watch Aurora look around the place with curiosity . Her clunky steps wondered around the shop before she stopped in front of a painting with a smile. "I painted this."

Furrowing her brows Jennifer didn't even pretend to look away, "Your an artist?"

"Sure am." She answered walking over and sitting on the leather stool beside the blonde.

Looking over at the computer Jennifer looked at the fonts but still thought about the girl beside her. Aurora surprised her every time her mouth opened.

"I like the typewriter font." Aurora stated leaning forward. "It's classy."

Smelling the shots still lingering on her Jennifer nodded, "I like it too."

Printing out the choice Cam started the process, "Where do you want it?"

Surprising herself The older woman gazed down at her wrist, "right here." Pausing she moved her wrist back towards her. "I don't know why I'm so scared."

Giving an understanding smile Cam put the gun up and rolled forward letting his hand rest on his clients knee. She felt uncomfortable at first but she assumed he was only trying to help.

"I know it's scary, but we aren't pressuring you. Just tell me when your ready."

Observing the muscular man Jennifer inhaled deeply, "Why do you have so many?"

Holding out his arms he smirked, "Every piece is a reminder. I view my body as a blank canvas and the tattoos I put on myself are the reminders of my journey through life. Every great and horrible moment I try to document on myself." Letting his arms fall he pointed to Aurora, "Then you have ones like the little miss who just really loves art."

"I missed all the important moments of my life and I'm not an artist." Jennifer mumbled slumping down in her seat.

"What do you have to loose?" Aurora asked tilting her head slightly.

Thinking for a few moments Jennifer realized she had nothing. She wouldn't show her family in the morning and a tattoo wouldn't effect her business. "Do it."

Feeling a prick Jennifer winced as his hands carefully traced the picture dyed into her skin. It felt like a cat scratching her wrist over and over again, but it wasn't as bad as she thought.

"Are you married?" Cam asked not looking away from his work.

"No." She responded simply with a grin. It never crossed her mind to tell the truth because she didn't feel like she was married. Her ring was gone and she had no desire to tell anyone otherwise any longer. "Are you?"

"He has his eye on someone." Aurora joked winking and motioning her head to the back of the shop where another large man stood sweeping the ground. Unlike Cam his black hair was swept back with gel and his tight blue jeans left little to the imagination as he bent down to pick up the dust. Smiling Jennifer watched him for a few more seconds before looking back Cam. His rosy cheeks said it all.

"I asked him to go to dinner with me Thursday night." Cam whispered still focused. "He said yes!"

Jennifer watched Aurora congratulate him but all she could do was look back at the man. She would never imagine seeing someone like Cam be so giggly talking about a man a few inches taller than his 6'4 status. She felt so quick to judge the man but with every step she realized how wrong she was about him.

"Done!"

Looking down Jennifer moved her wrist around and smiled seeing the word written so elegantly along her skin. It was perfect.

"See what happens when you take risks." Aurora chimed looking between the two. You get a date and and a new look on life."

Letting him wrap up her wrist Jennifer wished she knew someone that she could show it too. As much as she felt embarrassed by the idea before now she just wanted to show it off to someone who would be excited about it. Feeling her arm move again she let Aurora take her arm into her hands as she examined the piece. Her breathe stopped as she looked at the brunette. She had never felt this way from a touch before.

"Do you feel different?"

Nodding as an answer Jennifer remembered her parents years ago. She was young hiding behind her nannies leg as her father yelled at her brother for his tattoo dedicated to their mother. She had passed away and he decided to remember her in his own personal way. Her dad was furious that his son, the one who would take over his company, had gotten his skin marked with permanent ink. She hated to see her father angry. She wanted him to be proud.

Even though it has been over five years that he has passed away she was still so scared of him being displeased with her. So she ran a business, married the man he was pleased with, and never stepped out of line even though it desperately hurt her.

"Do you want to go Jen?"

Snapping out of her thoughts she realized Aurora had been trying to talk to her for a while, "Do I want to what?"

"Cam said we can try out his new ride." She smiled picking up the keys. "Unless you want to go home. I know it's late."

Looking at her watch Jennifer let her lips tighten. She was planning to be at home by now but-

"It's going to be fun."

Getting up reluctantly Jennifer said goodbye to Cam by paying and started walking besides the young girl.

"If you decide to take another risk don't be afraid to stop by here. Next tattoo on me." Cam suggested waving goodbye.

Leaving the shop and feeling the cold hit her face once again she turned to see Aurora rolling a motorcycle up to her. "On no! This is not what I thought you meant!"

Passing over a helmet she shrugged, "You already said yes and I'm too excited for you to old onto me to let you pass on this." Winking she threw her leg over the leaf and put in the key. "Put your helmet on."

Mumbling under her breathe she clicked it securely and sat behind her.

"Don't be afraid to hold on." Aurora laughed grabbing the woman's arms and wrapping them around her.

"You have done this before right?" Jennifer asked tensing her body as the girl revved the engine.

"Sure! I play tons of video games."

Letting a slight scream slip through her lips she closed her eyes feeling the motorcycle start moving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 159 8
Y/N is alone for Christmas, so her friend invites her over to her house to spend it with their family this year. Y/N feels like a charity at first bu...
86K 7.3K 61
Aurora was born without knowing her parents. She was raised by a group of nuns who found her abandoned outside their orphanage. Despite that, Aurora...
1.6K 10 5
I risked it all but what did you do?
471K 17.3K 74
She just wanted a family. She just wanted to be accepted. Well let's see what fate has planned