chemistry (c.h)

By sircalyum

"Today's agenda begins with assigning new lab partners." More

"let's just pray that you're better at chemistry"
"guys like you"
"don't act so proud"
"do you want to come in?"
"you can't fix him, maya"
"my subconscious can go to hell"
"luke usually cries"
"i have plenty of fun"
"i still like you enough"
"you're a natural"
coffee & peter frampton
blog post (1)
"i'm giving him a chance"
"double date"
"the right kind of relationship"
blondes, hunks & like liking
maya dear and madame samantha
"not getting sick of you anytime soon"
"can i come over?"
for maya jacobson xx
expectations
you've got (a) male (in your bed)!
the process
"calum will be there"
"you've never been just another girl"
blog post (2)
"practically perfect"
"aren't we crazy for this?"
"i never had any idea"
"i missed you"
"ready to grow"
blog post (3)
"what's the hurt in asking?"
"giving into it all"
"you were the first"
"waiting to get the chance"
"an early present"
"you make me nervous"
"i don't make the rules"
"special circumstance"
"i think i love you"
"kind of crazy about you"

"are your parents gonna be there?"

3.1K 105 106
By sircalyum

18: are you parents gonna be there?

^^ hehe what could that mean ??? ;)

"Jacobson!" As I was walking down the hallway with Sam, I heard my name from somewhere behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Calum making his way toward me and I smiled at him as I stopped in my tracks. "I found you."

"We're going to celebrate last night's win with some ice cream," I reminded Sam, and I watched as she nodded with a big grin on her face.

"I have to go home for a couple hours, so it works out perfectly. Mom's redoing our living room and doesn't trust herself to make decisions, so I have to go help her out."

"That'll be fun," I told Sam, but she only rolled her eyes in response. "Abbie wants to hang out soon."

"Yeah, she found me in the hall earlier," Sam said, nodding her head. "We'll plan something later this week. You guys have fun... and, please, pray for me." Sam groaned as she walked off, but I yelled my goodbyes as she went. Once she was out of sight, I turned toward Calum.

"You ready to go?" Calum nodded and led the way out of school and out to the parking lot to his car. As we reached his car, I saw Luke and Abbie standing in front of the car next to his. They were standing close; Luke's hand was on Abbie's waist, and by the look on her face she was frustrated about something.

Luke's eyes glanced up and ended up finding my own. I sent him a small smile and he sent me a similar smile in response. Abbie's eyes glanced up as well and her previous look of frustration softened as she saw me.

"Hey, guys," Luke said, taking his hand from Abbie's waist as he turned his body so that he was facing us. I pulled Calum with me as I walked up to them and I glanced at Abbie to see her staring at Calum intently. "So, why's little Maya Jacobson walking with a boy to his car?"

"We're celebrating a game of bowling with some ice cream," I said, not wanting Luke to get any ideas.

"Hey, Abbie," Calum said, waving at Abbie who hadn't taken her eyes off of him.

"Hey, Cal," Abbie said, glancing over at me with a questioning look. I tried to shake my head to tell her not to worry, but I knew I couldn't get my point across unless I told her verbally. Luke and Calum started to talk, so I moved closer to Abbie.

"I was going to tell you and Sam about Luke, but I haven't gotten the chance," Abbie said, but I only smiled at her.

"I already knew... it's a long story that Sam and I will tell you soon," I said, wanting her to know that I was also intending to tell her everything that had happened.

"What's up with Calum?" Abbie asked, referring to me being with him all day. "I've never even seen you talk to him before."

"He got switched into my chemistry class... it's another long story. We're just friends..." I shrugged as I gave her the short version of everything and she squinted her eyes at me suspiciously. "I'm not looking for it to become anything more than friends," I corrected, wanting her to know I wasn't seeking out a relationship, but that it probably wasn't impossible.

"Don't get me wrong, I think Calum can be sweet... you just have to be aware of them," Abbie told me, glancing over at Luke. "Trust me, he's not getting off the hook easy."

"Good," I told her, smiling at her as we finally broke away from each other and stopped our whispering. "Well, if we don't go soon, our ice cream could melt!" I joked, obviously knowing the ice cream wouldn't be affected by when we left or how fast we got to it.

"You guys have a good time," Abbie said, giving me a small smile as she started to walk toward the passenger side of Luke's car. "Eat some plain vanilla for me!"

"That's so boring," Calum said, pretending to grimace at her request. "You're such a square."

"Calum, I'll beat your ass." To my surprise, both Luke and Abbie spoke in unison, which not only caused the two of them to laugh, but it caused me to laugh loudly. It wasn't uncommon of me to find myself laughing at things that weren't that funny.

"C'mon, Maya, let's make a run for it before I get pounced." I waved to Luke and Abbie, and we all said goodbye before getting into the two cars. "This," Calum started once we were situated in his car, "is for you." Calum handed me a small, newspaper-wrapped gift and I furrowed my eyebrows as I took it into my hands.

"This is definitely a cd," I said once it was in my hands. "You seriously made me a mix cd?"

"Would you just open it?" I laughed as I slowly ripped the paper that was covering it and eventually pulled out a decorated cd case. There was a messily drawn cassette tape on the clear plastic case and I smiled as I looked up at Calum. "So—you can read me like an open book; it's a mix cd." I laughed as Calum seemed disappointed that I was able to guess from the start, and he laughed as well. "But you can't listen to it until you're alone and you can appreciate it."

"Fine, fine," I said, nodding my head as I agreed to his terms.

"Don't even think about telling Sam about it," Calum warned me, giving me a stern look. I was amused by him, mostly because I could barely imagine Calum Hood being embarrassed of anything.

"Okay, I won't! It'll just be between us," I promised and he smiled to himself before nodding. He turned so that he was facing his steering wheel instead of me and started his car. "Can I at least know what genre it is before I'm alone to listen to it?" Calum shook his head as he drove out of the parking lot and I huffed, not thinking that was fair. "You didn't even put the names of the songs on here, how am I supposed to know what I'm listening to?"

"I guess you'll just have to find out for yourself." Calum's broad shoulders shrugged and although I was frustrated with how secretive he was being, I couldn't keep a smile off my face. I stared at the cd case in my hands and couldn't help but to think how odd this all was. No one had ever made me anything, and I never thought a boy ever would. I tried to get over my daze while Calum drove straight to the ice cream place I had suggested.

"Okay, how about you pick a table out here and I'll go get us both something." Once we got out of the car, Calum and I met each other at the hood of his car and Calum's hand found the small of my back as we continued walking toward the shop.

"But you don't know what I want," I stated, my eyebrows furrowing as I looked up at him.

"I thought you'd be okay with a surprise since you wouldn't dare dislike a type of ice cream." My eyes rolled slowly, but I began to nod as I sent Calum a smile. "I'll be just a second, okay?"

As Calum made his way inside, I picked a table outside of the shop. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I waited for him to come back and found myself scrolling through the comments of my latest blog post. People were giving me all sorts of advice and also cheering me on for getting myself out there. Some people were asking for an update, and I decided to respond to a few different comments, telling them I would update soon.

"Earth to Maya." I looked up as I heard a voice and saw Calum waving an ice cream cone in front of me. I laughed quietly and put my phone away as I reached for the ice cream. "I don't think I've ever seen you on your phone."

"That's probably not true, but I don't like being on it often, so it's a possibility..." I babbled as I looked at the ice cream in my hands and tried to figure out what flavor it was.

"Wait." Calum suddenly took the ice cream from my hands and I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him, pouting once he took it from me. "Are you allergic to anything? I should've asked before—"

"I'm only allergic to grass, and I have to fight that battle everyday." Calum laughed breathily as he slowly handed me the ice cream back.

"So... no spices?"

"What kind of spices?" I asked, now confused as to what I was about to consume.

"Maya, are you allergic to any spices?" I laughed at how thorough Calum was being and I shook my head to answer his question.

"My dad has a minor allergy to cinnamon, so I don't eat it very often, but I'm not allergic—" Without hesitation, Calum took the ice cream from my hands once again.

"Are you positive you're not allergic to it?"

"Calum, I have been sneaking in boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch since I was twelve... I am not allergic to it." I looked at Calum intently as I assured him I wasn't allergic. He finally handed me the ice cream and I turned away as I tasted it. It most definitely contained cinnamon and possibly nutmeg. "Oh my god, is this chai ice cream?" I asked, looking over at Calum in wonder.

"Is it good?" Calum asked, skeptically. I laughed quietly as I looked down at the ice cream in my hands and then back up at Calum.

"Yeah, it's really good," I told him, nodding my head. "I'm sorry that every time we hang out I get weirdly sentimental and probably make a fool out of myself... but my mom's favorite drink was chai tea. My dad always made it for her, which she always got onto him for, because sometimes he would sip it to make sure it was good and it would cause his tongue to swell... my dad's an idiot." I laughed quietly as I babbled and I glanced at Calum to see him smiling as I went on. "Her favorite time to drink it was before bed, and I always wanted some too, but it didn't take much caffeine to get me going, so they'd always just warm up some milk for me, with a dash of cinnamon in it, and I'd be out like a light. I haven't had it in awhile."

"You don't make a fool out of yourself, Maya." Calum reached his hand forward and placed it over my own that was laying on the table. "It's really nice to hear memories about your mom... it's clear that she made you really happy. You should never repress her memory because that way you'll never forget things about her." I nodded at Calum, appreciating and loving everything he had to say. "You shouldn't forget about her, but I'm sorry that the things I do tend to be a constant reminder—"

"I don't remember her enough, Calum. For some reason, having you around makes me remember things that I haven't thought about in years." Calum smiled at me and I sent him a smile in response. We both sat in silence for a couple minutes, eating our ice cream in peace. "What did you get?" I asked, realizing I hadn't thought about his own ice cream preferences.

"Peanut butter swirl." I twisted my face in disgust at the sound of the flavor and that seemed to pique Calum's interest.

"What's that? Does Maya Jacobson dislike a type of ice cream?" I rolled my eyes playfully, but eventually nodded to answer his question. Calum dramatically gasped and I reached out to hit his shoulder.

"The peanut butter gets all cold and chewy... it's so gross. That's what my dad always gets," I told him, sadly having too much experience with peanut butter in ice cream.

"It's good, Maya... you just have bad taste," Calum told me, matter-of-factly. I gave him a look and he nodded, telling me that he was right.

As we continued to sit and eat our ice cream, I pulled my legs into my chair and got comfortable. Just as I opened my mouth to ask Calum something, his phone began to ring. He looked down at it and then up at me.

"Sorry, this will just take a second." I nodded my head toward Calum, telling him to take it, and he excused himself before standing up and taking a few steps away from the table. I glanced at him and continued to eat my ice cream as he talked on the phone. I watched as he slipped his hand into his jean pocket, and gently kicked at the pavement as he walked around.

By the time Calum had gotten back to the table, I was almost finished with my ice cream. He hadn't been gone long, I just really liked ice cream.

"Sorry about that... would you care to run by my house with me after this? I have something that Ashton needs and your house in on the way...."

"Oh, uh, sure," I said, feeling myself become nervous. "Are your parents gonna be there?"

"No," Calum said, shaking his head. "It won't take long."

"Yeah... that's fine," I told him, nodding my head. "I'm ready whenever."

. . .

"My parents work all day," Calum explained as he unlocked his front door and opened it for me, letting me walk in first. I slowly walked in and looked around as I took in my surroundings. "You can stay here if you want, I just have to grab something from my bedroom."

"Oh... okay," I said, nodding as I looked at him. "Yeah, sure. I'll just stay... here." Calum chuckled as he closed the door behind us and I turned to look at him.

"You can come with me if you want to," Calum said and I nodded, liking that idea better. "C'mon, Jacobson." Calum steered me into the direction of the stairs in his house, and we walked down a hallway until we reached his bedroom. As he opened the door and turned the light on, I found myself surprised by the dark navy blue colored walls.

"Your room is so—nice." I spun around as I looked at the entire space and Calum seemed amused with me as I did so.

"It's dirty, My," Calum said, picking up various items as he tried to tidy up.

"But it's nice," I said, not entirely knowing what I meant. "It's such a boy's room... and I like it."

"Thanks?" Calum asked, laughing quietly as he walked to his closet. I walked up to the desk in his room and grabbed a picture frame that was laying down, not standing up. It was a picture of Calum from when he was younger, which caused me to smile. He was in a soccer uniform, and smiling widely. I sat it back down, but this time I sat it upright. Before leaving his desk, I pressed play on an old stereo and smiled as it started to softly play music.

I walked over to the other side of Calum's room and started to admire the wall he had dedicated to band posters and post-it notes with random things written on them. I inspected one of the notes to see an address written on it, and a second note that had some lyrics from a Jimmy Eat World song. The wall was messily bordered in fairy lights and it just looked cool.

I turned away from the wall and walked over to his made bed, something that had stood out the most among all things. My room was very rarely messy, but my bed was very properly made maybe every four months. I couldn't even be bothered to fully make my bed whenever I washed and changed my sheets.

I took a seat on his bed and looked around his room, having a sudden feeling that his bedroom perfectly matched Calum as a person.

I could hear Calum rummaging around in his closet and my eyebrows furrowed as I saw him standing on his tiptoes and reaching for something at the top. A few moments later he backed away from the closet with a small wooden box in his hands. Calum turned his head to find me and seemed surprise to see me sitting on his bed.

"Oh, sorry." I quickly stood up as I realized I was probably acting strange, but Calum only shook his head as he made his way over to me. He sat the box down on his desk on his way over to his bed where he took a seat, gently pulling on my arm to get me to sit back down. I sat back down slowly and looked around at Calum's room again.

"Oh, god," Calum groaned, suddenly springing up and making his way to his desk. "Did you see this?" Calum picked up the picture I had looked at earlier and I resisted a laugh as I nodded my head. "I look so lame." Calum groaned as he walked back to the bed, and fell onto his back as he hid his face.

"It's a cute picture," I told him, shaking his arm lightly. "You're like ten."

"Try fourteen." Calum moved his fingers so that I could see one of his eyes and I failed at holding back a laugh. "Oh, that wounded me." Calum covered his eyes again and I began to laugh quietly as I fell onto my back beside of him.

"Hey, it's a cute picture... no matter how old you were in it," I told him as my laughter subsided. I placed my hand on his arm and he slowly uncovered his eyes as he looked over at me. As his eyes locked on mine, I felt my heart rate increase. Calum's hand slowly found its way to my cheek and he caressed it gently, causing my breath to hitch in my throat. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly and Calum slowly shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know," he whispered, gently rubbing his thumb against my cheek. "It's our song." I suddenly heard the soothing sound of Peter Frampton's voice and laughed quietly.

I slowly began closing the space between us, and Calum looked as nervous as I felt. Calum's face inched forward and as his lips met mine, my eyes closed. Calum's hand moved from my cheek down to my waist, and my hand found its way to his chest.

We both slowly sat up and my hands moved to Calum's cheeks as he pulled me closer. He pulled away for just a second, but immediately went back in with more desire. I kissed him back and pressed my forehead against his. His lips were plump and soft, and were tinged with a sweet taste. I pulled away slowly and my eyes flickered open; Calum's eyes opened just a moment later and he took a deep breath in.

"I think you like like me," Calum whispered, causing me to bite the insides of my cheeks. "Maya Jacobson like likes me."

"Calum, I do not—"

"What's so bad about liking me, Jacobson?" Calum asked, tilting his head to the side. "What are you so afraid of?"

"You," I told him, looking away as I spoke. "You scare the hell out of me, Calum." I glanced back at Calum and his eyebrows were tightly furrowed as he looked at me intently. "This is new for me... and no one's ever made me feel like you make me feel. Everything about this scares me because I don't know what to do next, or what you'll expect from me next. We just kissed, but I don't want to suddenly become something, because I'm not—"

"Maya... Maya," Calum stopped me and I looked at him as he got my attention. "I don't expect anything from you. We don't have to start or become anything. We kissed, but the next move is on you. I'm not trying to rush anything."

"If you end up being a big jerk, I swear—" I pointed my finger at Calum before he could cut me off, and he laughed quietly before speaking, slowly moving my finger down and out of his direction.

"I made you a mix cd... I mean serious business." As Calum spoke, I sent him a look of pure doubt as I became unamused. "Hey, I'm not kidding," Calum told me, placing his hand on my knee. I looked down at his hand, took a deep breath in, and looked back up at him. "You're special, Maya, and I like you." The ends of my lips twitched into a smile and Calum smiled back as I placed my hand over his.

"I like like you, too, Cali."

a/n:

!!!!!!
hehehhewh

omg i've been in the woods for 8 long yrs hi hello i am back

did something just happen between them ??? it's not rlly clear

they don't even like like each other pfffft

hehehehe ok now jill is going back in hiding :))))))

catch ya later

(PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS I AM A DESPERATE MOFO WHO CRAVES ATTENTION)

love u :)))

jill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2K 34
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
285K 11.8K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
606K 30.5K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
245K 23.3K 58
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...