upstaged || markhyuck

By taellipses

"will this ever be enough for you?" [βœ”completed] of course donghyuck got the lead. lee donghyuck and his stup... More

01: what an asshole.
02: the gayest.
03: more talent.
04: babes.
05. shut up, jaemin.
06. never enough.
07. dance nostalgia.
08. third wheeling.
09: separate ways.
10: you, you, you.
11: admit it.
12: attention.
13: deja vu.
14: party.
15: kiss.
16: regret?
17: what time is it?
18: okay?
19: quit.
20: good.
21: night into day.
22: favour returned.
23: hold back.
24: mark!
25: photograph.
26: right place.
27: "traitor".
28: silly.
29: painted.
30: secret.
31: red, the blood of angry men.
32: black, the colour of despair.
33: like!?
35: goddamn perfect.
36: milkshakes.
37: thespian style.
38: second times.
39: milkshakes pt.2
40: i like you.
41: wrong.
42: get used to this...
43: replacement.
44: studying.
45: this is me.
46: no one else.
47: first snow.
48: never ever.
49: reflection.
50: suspicious behaviour.
51: lucky strike.
52: delusions.
53: gay vibes.
54: sharing a coffee.
55: awakening.
q&a
56: acceptance.
answers: part 1
answers: part 2
57: strawberry red.
58: like that.
59: last-minute thoughts.
60: warm heart.
61: what i wrote...
62: like old times.
63: best christmas gift.
64: strangers to lovers.
65: i want fabulous!
66: back to school.
67: plotting.
68: looking up.
69: flirting on the job.
70: exposed.
71: nearly ready?
72: missing.
73: keep quiet?
74: stress run.
75: apologies.
76: hugs, kisses and pad thai.
77: without a hitch.
78: same thing.
79: a little birdy told me...
80: pompous dog hater.
81: one musical.

34: meant to be.

3.8K 321 361
By taellipses

"hey, ren-ren," jeno said softly as he entered the art room, setting down his bag and walking over to where renjun was sitting on the floor.

"hi, je," renjun sighed, removing his paintbrush from the canvas and washing the yellow paint off.

"is this for the musical?" the black haired boy asked, sitting close to renjun so that their knees touched.

the chinese boy shook his head. "just for fun," he murmured, tilting his head to look at the painting. a field of flowers was taking place in acrylics, with green grass and blue sky. "i don't think i like it," he mused, fiddling with the paintbrush.

jeno gently took the brush from renjun's hands, setting it on the floor and holding the smaller's hands tightly. he ran his thumbs over renjun's knuckles, looking at him. the chinese boy blushed and looked down.

"i think it's beautiful, ren-ren," he told him, taking one of his hands and tucking a stray lock of fringe behind renjun's ear.

"thanks, no-no," he whispered. he glanced towards the door before leaning in to kiss jeno.

the black-haired boy, initially taken by surprise, kissed back sweetly as renjun wrapped his arms around jeno's neck.

"i miss it being just us two," renjun admitted between kisses.

"me, too, ren-ren," jeno said, hugging him closer. "i just really... want to be with you."

"what about jaemin?" renjun said suddenly.

"what do you mean? he's got this thing going with nancy," he remarked. "he spent practically all of age of ultron on his phone."

"really?" renjun said quietly, brushing his fingers through the back of jeno's hair. "you said it was fun," he added defensively.

"yeah, in front of jaemin," he scoffed. "but you weren't there," he said softly, cradling the side of renjun's face.

renjun leaned into the touch, closing his eyes. "i kind of made up with hyuck on friday," he mumbled.

"what, really?" jeno uttered, making renjun open his eyes. "what did he say?"

"only that... he hasn't completely deserted us, je, so it's alright for now," he said with a sad smile.

"it's because of whatever's got between him and jaemin that we're stuck in the middle, ren," he replied with a sigh. "it's not fun, though."

renjun shook his head in agreement. "jaemin's been so... off lately."

"since he and hyuck got in a fight," jeno agreed. he sighed, letting his head fall onto renjun's shoulder.

renjun froze. "what if someone comes?" he breathed.

jeno chuckled, sending vibrations through renjun's chest. "you kissed me first," he reminded him, lifting his head to grin at renjun.

"shut up," he huffed, hitting jeno's shoulder.

jeno giggled, prompting renjun to join in.

"ren-ren," he cooed, hugging the boy.

"mm?"

"nothing," said jeno, smiling against renjun's shoulder. he was just glad he had him.

***

"mark-hyung?" donghyuck called in such a sickly-sweet tone that mark wanted to keep walking in his present direction, away from the boy.

but of course he turned round to look at donghyuck, who was smiling at him.

"...yes?" he asked awkwardly.

"hyung, you should help me with the show routines," donghyuck whined, tugging on mark's sleeve.

"uh, i'm busy..." mark lied.

"too bad," said donghyuck, grabbing mark's hand and tugging him towards the arts block.

"but i was gonna go home," mark complained, "i'm tired and i wanted to talk to taeyong-hyung-"

"taeyong is probably busy," donghyuck emphasised, intertwining his fingers with mark's as he speed-walked towards the arts block. he pulled mark inside, pushing open the practice room door.

"chenle, i don't wanna listen to this crap," jisung whined from where he was sitting on the floor.

the blond was in front of the mirror, dancing to sorry by justin bieber.

"is it too late now to say sorry?" donghyuck belted out.

"hi, hyung!" chenle dolphin-shrieked.

"chenle!" donghyuck exclaimed.

"and me," sanha said, looking miffed.

"hey, chani," the peachy-haired boy said, making his understudy laugh.

"am i invisible?" sanha demanded. he caught sight of mark, looking at donghyuck and his joined hands. "ah, i see," he said, narrowing his eyes and smirking.

mark's eyes widened and he tried to untangle his hand from donghyuck's, but the younger just held on tight, oblivious as he chatted with chani.

"come on, chani," said sanha, grabbing his friend's arm. "let's leave donghyuck to it, huh? he's got more choreo to learn than us."

"i'm his understudy-"

"you already learnt it with me last week," sanha cut him off. "let's get ice cream."

"okay," chani agreed happily, the two leaving the practice room.

sanha looked over his shoulder and gave donghyuck a big wink.

the peachy-haired boy snorted and shooed sanha out. he let go of mark's hand and got out his phone.

"sicheng-hyung sent us all videos of our choreography," he said, showing mark.

"okay," mark remarked. "well, i've watched you guys dance the group numbers so many times-"

"great, so you already know married to the music? let's do that. chenle," donghyuck called.

the small blond ran to the sound system and found the song.

"shouldn't we stretch first?" mark questioned.

"sure," said donghyuck, and the three of them began stretching, jisung sitting there watching.

the peachy-haired boy stretched his legs and waist before dropping into the splits.

"holy shit, hyung," chenle said, gaping.

"ya, don't swear," donghyuck chided. "who taught you those bad words?"

"i heard them from donghyuck-hyung-"

"okay, shush," donghyuck uttered. "start the music again and we can run through the choreo. want to stay and practice with us?"

"sure, hyung! we can practice all the songs we have together," chenle said excitedly.

donghyuck was surprised at how quickly mark was able to keep up with the choreography to the different songs. after an hour, chenle was practically passed out on the floor, having used all his energy at once.

"you look like you've had enough, lele," said donghyuck, wiping sweat from his forehead with the hem of his shirt.

"i'm tired, hyung," chenle complained.

"go home with jisung, then," donghyuck replied, straightening up and stretching his arms over his head.

"too tired for a movie?" jisung asked, kicking at chenle's feet.

"no!" chenle yelled, scrambling to his feet and grabbing jisung's hand.

jisung picked up chenle's bag. "as long as it's not teen beach movie again-"

"you better run, run, run, here we come~" donghyuck sang in a surprisingly good american accent, doing a cube step. he grabbed mark's hand a spun the older boy into him. "when it's meant to be, you go kinda crazy-"

"no, we can watch the sequel!" chenle said, interrupting donghyuck. "bye, hyungs! have fun!" the small blond then pulled jisung out of the practice room, the door slamming shut.

"the first one's better," donghyuck muttered, still holding mark's waist. he glanced at him, gaze falling to mark's lips.

mark's heart raced as he tried not to stare at donghyuck's lips. he licked his lips nervously, unwittingly making donghyuck want to kiss him even more.

"s-shall we try the next song?" mark asked, his voice cracking.

donghyuck let go of him and stepped back.

"okay, hyung."

___________________________

hey, guys~

please check my new author book to vote on which of my books you want me to update the most before i go away on holiday for 5 weeks ^.^

teen beach movie is actually full of bops

i like the first movie almost as much as high school musical

until next update (tomorrow probably)

taellipses out x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 16.5K 33
[Instagram AU] Donghyuck can't hear anymore. He's deaf, but that doesn't stop him from liking the famous rapper, Mark Lee. You might be laughing. "He...
29.6K 698 43
"Who's gonna be first? Jeno or Jaemin?" INSTAGRAM AU! TEXTING AU! (Will have written chapters) where they should be rivals in the publics eye, but...
861K 22.1K 200
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ 𝖺𝗍 π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗅𝗅 π–Ίπ—Œπ—„ 𝗐𝗁𝗒 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž'𝗋𝖾 π–½π—ˆπ—‚π—‡π—€ 𝗂𝗍, 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗅𝗅 π–Ίπ—Œπ—„ π—π—ˆπ— π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗂𝗍 ! 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁...
73.9K 3.1K 36
"Will I ever be good enough for you?" Everyone knew Donghyuck was good at everything. From academics to sports to everyday things, Hyuck excelled in...