76: hugs, kisses and pad thai.

chittaphon and taeyong special chapter

"babe, when will you get home?" taeyong asked as he held his phone between his ear and right shoulder, stirring a saucepan on the stove with his other hand.

"soon, tyongie," chittaphon replied, chewing on his lip as he ran his gaze down the list of lighting and sound cues he had in front of him. his dark hair was tousled and he absently rubbed at his tired eyes as he checked (and checked again) the show running order. he had to be sure he had everything down, otherwise the musical could go horribly wrong.

"babe..." taeyong let out a little sigh as he turned the stove off and set down his spatula. "you've been working so hard, there's no way you can tell me you still need to be at the theatre."

"but-"

"chittaphon, what are you still doing here?" mr byun exclaimed as he poked his head into the lighting box to find chittaphon hunched over sheets of paper, phone in hand.

the thai man blinked. "i was just... checking-"

"babes, go home already," mr byun sighed, taking off his glasses and giving chittaphon a pointed look.

"but-"

"your boyfriend is waiting for you, babes," mr byun said pointedly. "and mine is waiting for me, so go home. i need to lock up the theatre."

"i can do that..." chittaphon trailed off, but found himself nodding at mr byun's look.

"don't be silly, babe," taeyong laughed on the other end, "just come home. i'll be waiting."

chittaphon sighed as his boyfriend hung up. he slid his phone into his jeans pocket and reached for his bag.

"baek," mr park said, appearing in the doorway to the lighting and sound booth.

"yes, hun," said mr byun, a smile lighting up his face as he heard mr park's voice.

"let's get home," said the tall man, smiling as his boyfriend turned to look at him, "we need to walk toben before dinner."

mr byun's smile stretched into a grin. "okay, hun; toben must be hungry by now as well..." he looked at chittaphon, who was stuffing his belongings into a bag as he spoke. "have a nice night, babes. don't stress, okay?"

chittaphon nodded. "thanks, baekhyun. i'll let you lock up." he left the lighting box and headed towards stage door, hearing mr byun and mr park talking behind him as they, too, headed for home.

"how about... you go out and walk toben, and i'll cook us something nice?" mr byun suggested, wrapping a hand around mr park's bicep.

"i like the sound of that," mr park replied. "will you be alright in the dark, though?"

"i'll bring my taser," the shorter said with a wink. "plus, toben tends to bite strangers."

the music teacher chuckled. "very true. although, i already apologised for that time."

his boyfriend gave a giggle and fished the car keys out of the taller's pocket. "good night, babes!" he called over his shoulder. "get home safe, and see you tomorrow for the first show."

chittaphon gave a smile and a brief wave, before locking the stage door and heading towards his own car. driving back through the familiar streets, it felt like seconds before he was arriving outside his apartment, where taeyong had recently moved in.

"hey, baby," taeyong cooed, opening the door and wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's waist. "you finally finished work, hm?"

chittaphon rolled his eyes. "you know i want to make sure everything is perfect," he pouted.

"i know, babe," he replied, smiling and pushing chittaphon's black hair off his forehead. "anyway, take your coat and shoes off, baby. and come and have dinner."

the thai man grinned, letting his boyfriend go back to the kitchen, the pink-haired man untying the floral apron from around his waist as he went. chittaphon kicked off his shoes and shrugged out of his jacket, hanging up. taeyong was at the stove, transferring the food into a serving dish, and chittaphon was distracted by his boyfriend's broad shoulders. he walked over, hugging taeyong's waist and resting his head on the back of taeyong's shoulder.

"you okay, baby?"

"i'm okay, tyongie," he mumbled, "just tired."

taeyong twisted around to face him, holding his face in both hands. "you need a good night's rest," he said gently, pressing a kiss to chittaphon's forehead, then his lips. "you've been working so hard, lately. sit down, and we'll have dinner."

"okay," chittaphon agreed, kissing taeyong before he pulled away from his grasp.

the two sat down and chittaphon sleepily allowed his boyfriend to feed him his delicious cooking. the thai man had been enjoying every minute since taeyong had moved in, and between taeyong's studies and part-time job, he would be cleaning the apartment or cooking for chittaphon. it had all worked out perfectly, since taeyong wanted to move out of his parents' house but didn't have enough money for full rent; paying half with chittaphon for his small apartment was suitable. that, and taeyong didn't want chittaphon to spend the night round his house anymore, because it just got awkward knowing his parents were in the next room.

"you full, baby?" taeyong asked, setting down the spoon when chittaphon gave a yawn. most of the food was gone and the thai man nodded, his head falling onto taeyong's shoulder.

the pink-haired man smiled, gently stroking his boyfriend's hair, wrapping his other arm around chittaphon's waist.

"i'm glad you moved in, tyongie," the thai man mumbled, clinging to taeyong like a koala.

"why's that?" taeyong said, a slight teasing tone creeping into his voice. chittaphon huffed, leaning into his boyfriend more so that the two fell back against the sofa cushions.

"because," chittaphon grumbled, squinting up at taeyong. he paused, pouting. "are you making fun of me?"

"me?" taeyong said innocently, kissing chittaphon's nose. "never."

chittaphon's eyes crinkled into a smile. "fine, it's because you're so cute when you're cleaning, you cook for me even though you should be studying, and i'm never in the house alone. that's why."

taeyong nodded, pretending to be thoughtful. "is that why?" he hugged his boyfriend tighter, kissing his forehead, his cheeks, and then his lips. "is that all, though? anyone could do that."

"it's obviously because it's you!" chittaphon whined, trying to get out of taeyong's arms. "i knew you were playing around."

"i'm not playing, baby," taeyong pouted, peppering chittaphon's face with kisses until he gave in and stopped trying to get away. the thai man relaxed in the pink-haired man's arms and they stayed like that until taeyong's motherly side really showed through and he insisted that chittaphon get ready for bed.

but he cuddled him until he fell asleep, at chittaphon's insistence; the dishes could wait until tomorrow.

________________________

apologies again for the long wait, i was supposed to update this when i was on holiday last week but i was really tired lol

my aim is to finish this book in the next few weeks, there are 7 chapters left so hopefully i will find time when i'm not studying :)

thank you for the ongoing support, it's been amazinggg

also, i'm planning a chanbaek one-shot (in 2-3 parts) based on their characters in this book, because i love them so much and there will be a chanbaek special chapter of course, as requested :)

taellipses out x