16: regret?

donghyuck's hands were all over mark as the older climbed into his lap and kissed him harder. mark grabbed the front of the peachy-haired boy's hoodie, his mouth on donghyuck's as he was pulled closer by his waist. he had no idea what he was doing but it felt fucking amazing.

"i never thought... i'd actually do this," donghyuck mumbled between kisses.

"me neither," mark admitted, feeling a little lightheaded as donghyuck ran his hands over his thighs.

the peachy-haired boy mumbled something unintelligible as they kissed under the moonlit sky.

the paused, panting and just looking at each other.

"i like you," mark blurted.

"donghyuck, where are you?" jeno called.

the peachy-haired boy shoved mark off of him, his face going red, not that it could be seen in the darkness of the garden. he looked at mark, reluctant to leave, as he got up and saw jeno in the doorway.

"i thought i lost you," jeno said, grinning. "come inside, it's cold out here."

"i wasn't cold," donghyuck muttered, but followed jeno back inside the house.

*

"back already?" yeri questioned, having sobered up a bit.

yukhei was snoozing on chaeyoung's shoulder, his arm around her waist. she didn't look too dissatisfied with the situation.

"yeah," mark grumbled.

"who did you kiss?"

"lee donghyuck," he answered. "i want to go home now."

"i'll drive," chaeyoung offered. "yukhei," she said, shaking the tall boy.

"hey, chae," he mumbled, smiling drowsily at her.

"i have to go now," she explained.

"call me in the morning," yukhei said, pouting.

"sure," she agreed with a smile. she kissed his cheek. "be safe."

he nodded as she removed his arm from around her and got up.

"let's go, mark," she said, placing a hand on his back and leading him towards the front door. "yeri, you're making your own way home."

"fine, then," yeri whined.

"what about minhyuk and chan?" mark asked.

"minhyuk text me that they went back to his place early," chaeyoung said, stealing one last glance at yukhei before she went out of the kitchen. the tall soccer captain was resting his chin on his hand and stared longingly after her. "you're more important," she said, more to herself than mark when she rubbed his shoulder as they reached the front door.

"what?" mark asked sleepily.

"nothing," chaeyoung said, wishing she could have stayed longer.

mark stopped in front of the door, turning to glance into the living room.

donghyuck was dancing, yet another red cup in his hand, and looked over. he saw mark standing there, both of their cheeks red from the alcohol, but both of them blushing as the kiss went through their minds. donghyuck looked away first, laughing loudly at some dumb joke jeno told, and mark felt like crying.

"mark?" chaeyoung said gently. "come on."

"i'm sorry," mark slurred as they walked across the front yard. "i know you like yukhei. you should've stayed at the party instead of - hic - looking after me."