64: strangers to lovers.

dojae special chapter

"i can't believe i'm spending christmas with you," jaehyun whispered. he was curled around doyoung's back, hugging his waist, the two of them squished into the taller's single bed.

"i know," doyoung murmured, his fingers intertwining with the hands that rested on his stomach. "it was my idea," he added, a little smug.

deep reverberations of jaehyun's chuckle were felt on doyoung's back, warming him to the core.

"it was a good idea," jaehyun mumbled, shuffling a little closer, his breath hitting the back of doyoung's neck and making him squirm a bit. "a really good idea." he nuzzled his nose against doyoung's skin.

doyoung gave a quiet giggle. "i know."

"i know you know," jaehyun teased, "you did say so."

"shut up, jae," doyoung muttered, pouting.

jaehyun shifted to peer over doyoung. "i knew you'd be pouting," he chuckled, rolling onto doyoung a little, enveloping the taller with his body. "granted, it's cute, but don't sulk, young-ie."

doyoung rolled his eyes but soon jaehyun's lips were on his, causing him to let out a muffled sound of annoyance. but he almost immediately relented and kissed back, until jaehyun's body was squishing him too much and he pushed him off.

"i can't breathe, jae," he complained.

"whiny," jaehyun said teasingly, rolling to the side and twisting doyoung's body round so that they were face to face.

"don't be mean," the black-haired boy tutted, moving to rest his forehead against jaehyun's. he gave a shiver as the blankets shifted and a draft hit his feet. "cold," he mumbled, and jaehyun was quick to move a blanket to cover doyoung's bare feet.

but then the brown-haired boy gave a yelp, which made doyoung smirk.

"get your icy feet off me, young-ie," jaehyun whined, trying to get away. but doyoung just threw his leg over jaehyun's, pulling him in. "young-ie!" he shrieked when he felt doyoung's freezing toes on his ankle.

doyoung was giggling by this point as they playfully struggled, grabbing at each other, with jaehyun trying to pry doyoung's arms and legs off him but ending up just tackling him to the mattress. he was on top of doyoung, forearms braced either side of doyoung's head. they found themselves staring into each other's eyes, doyoung's legs still around jaehyun's waist as he pulled him down for a kiss, their bodies meeting and filling with warmth.

it was amazing that the two had even connected in this way; in high school, they had started off as strangers.

in freshman year, doyoung had managed to keep some sort of positive outlook on life, hoping that the teasing in middle school over his gangly appearance and bunny teeth would somehow go away over the summer. but that proved to be an unrealistic expectation, as the other boys had only become more obnoxious over the break, and found it easy to tease him again.

doyoung ignored it at first, able to escape it all at home with his art and his fashion magazines. his mom was proud of his drawings, but his father called him a 'wuss' and told him to go out and play sports like the other boys. he found a friend in qian kun, and even went on a couple of sleepovers at the chinese boy's house. doyoung's parents were always arguing, and he was fighting with donghyuck. but everything came to a head when doyoung was stupid enough to leave a vogue magazine from when he had slept over at kun's the weekend before.

and he was stupid enough to let it fall out of his school bag in the middle of class.

"the fuck is this?"