Dark Stranger

By Purple_Butterfly95

A stranger saves your life and steals your heart. Life seems like it's looking up. That is until you start... More

A Mysterious Rescuer
A Perfect Morning
Straighten Things Out
A Little Chat
Late Nights Calls
Nightmare Come to Life
Danger
Last Minute Rescue
Safe at Last
One Last Try
The Future

A Kind Stranger

485 12 25
By Purple_Butterfly95

OK, so I'm gonna try again. Not entirely sure why, but I am in a creative mood so I'm wanting to keep writing on this. This one starts right after the last one ends, so buckle up lovelies. We're about to go on another adventure with our Steven Panda.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sit up, wrapped tight in the blankets. Steven had basically mummified you to keep you warm. You squirm to get loose when he comes in carrying a pair of sweatpants and a black shirt. He sees your spastic squirming and laughs.

"You're are adorably and pathetically helpless," He walks over slowly and smirks.

He just stands there watching you, till you stop and sigh in exasperation. You look up at him and see him smiling at you, a low chuckle rumbles in his chest as he simply crosses his arms, standing just out of reach.

"Need help there, (Y/n)?" he steps close and leans close to your ear.

"Yes, please" you sigh in defeat.

He chuckles and begins to unwrap you from the many blankets he had previously, mummified you in. He leans right by your ear and you feel a shiver run through you as the blood rushes to your cheeks once again. He finishes unwrapping you and takes your hands. Your smaller hands disappear in his larger ones and he squeezes them gently. He pulls you to your feet and you instantly shiver in your soaked clothes. He hands you the dry clothes.

"The bathroom is down the hall. First door on your right. You better get moving, love," he winks and turns to put a pizza in the oven.

You go down the hall and close the bathroom door closed behind you and fight with peeling off your soaked clothes. They cling to your icy cold skin so it's almost painful taking them off. You start to shiver hard in the cold. You wiggle out of your wet jeans and let them fall to the floor. You leave on your underwear since its all you have, but it wasn't so wet as the rest of your clothes. You grab the sweatpants you had set on the sink and slide into them. The feel like heaven. After finally getting your shirt off, you yank on his t-shirt. His scent lingers on it and you stop and take it in for a moment.It was a calming smell that fit him.

You turn to look in the mirror and sigh. Your cheek had a long cut on it that he had cleaned so it didn't look too bad actually. Your hair was a mess and you need a shower for you aching muscles. Other than that, you looked alright for now. You wished you could do something more, but for now this would do. You pick up your wet clothes and go out to find Steven.

You hear a noise down the hall and peak in to see him at the stove. You watch him move around for a moment. He wasn't too tall, but he wasn't short. He seemed a perfect height and just watching him seemed fascinating. He turned and caught you , chuckling when you flush.

"Enjoying the view, (Y/n)?" Steven smiles and you see his eyes scan over you in his clothes.

"Maybe?" you chew your lip.

"You can toss you wet clothes there on the table, I'll run them through the dryer in just a bit," he points to a little table that had a pair of keys on it.

You nod and drop the wet jeans and shirt on it and go back over to Steven. He watches you come over and grins. You have to go slow cause the sweatpants are a bit long and you don't want to risk tripping in them.

He smiles. "You look good by the way"

"Thanks. It feels nice to be warm again," I hug yourself. Your arms were still cold.

Steven goes out of the room for a moment, grabbing the wet clothes on the way. He's gone for a moment without your clothes and comes back with a leather jacket. He walks behind an the wraps it around you, rubbing your shoulders. he sneaks a small kiss behind your ear and smiles against your cheek.

"This will help you warm up for now," he goes back to whatever he was doing by the stove.

"What are you making?" you sit on a stool.

"Some hot tea to help you warm up. I have a pizza in the oven. There's some root beer in the fridge to go with the pizza," he smiles

"Sounds great. I haven't eaten since breakfast," you smile."Got too busy at work."

"Well, I put an extra large pizza in the oven so there will be plenty to eat," he pours you a cup of tea and hands it to you.

"Thanks," you wraps your hands around it, letting the heat soak into your cold hands.

You take a slow gentle sip and feel the hot liquid run down your throat, "Mmm. Its good. Thank you"

Steven smiles, looking pleased and sits on the counter and looks you over. You felt like he could read your every thought, every fear, dream, and every pain. You didn't realize you were staring at him, till a grin spreads across his face and he winks.

"Lost in thought there?" he smiles

"A bit, I guess. This is a lot to take in in a few hours. This whole day has been rough." you sigh and sip your tea.

"Wanna talk about it?" Steven's eyes soften.

For some reason, Steven seemed like just the guy you wanted to talk to after this awful day. Somehow it just felt like talking to him would make everything better. You chew you lip and nod slow. Steven smiles a bit to encourage you to start.

"Well, to start off, my car wouldn't start this morning and I had to get it towed. I tried to call my work and let them know I'd be late, but my phone died so I couldn't reach them. I got there 2 hours late and I was already on very thin ice. I got to work right away and thought i was going to be okay, till my my ex-boyfriend came in and said he was starting to work there soon. I freaked out and was a wreck for the rest of the time he was there in a meeting with my boss. When it came time for a lunch break, a delivery guy that is a total creep came in and tried to corner me. I lost it and completely chewed him out." you stop for a breath.

Steven's jaw drops and his eyes looks sad, "Babe, sounds like you had a bad day before you even got to the park."

You flush when he calls you babe, "Well, after my boss caught me chewing this guy out he fired me on the spot. So, when I was getting my things to go, my parents called me at work to yell at me cause I hadn't returned the calls they had made to my cell phone. I hadn't never gotten them and my parents didn't understand. Apparently, I missed my cousin's wedding announcement and they were mad."

Steven moves over to sit on the stool and takes your hand. He sensed you still had more to tell and simply squeezed your hand to encourage you to tell the rest. His touch made you feel at ease and you take a deep breath to finish.

"My one friend at work refused to stand up for me about the delivery guy and actually stabbed me in the back by saying I had been leading him on and sleeping with him for months, so I was banned from coming back," you sigh heavily.

Tears sting your eyes again as the weight of the day comes back on you. Steven wraps his arms around you and rubs your back. The weight is lifted back off your shoulders and you hide your face in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry about all that. I hope that I made it at least a little better," he pulls away and winks.

You giggle and nod, "You were actually the only good thing about this terrible day."

The timer for the pizza goes off and Steven jumps up to pull the pizza out. After he carefully sets it on the stove, he starts to cut it. You get up to see if you could help with anything. He smiles at you.

"That shelf right there by your shoulder has plates," he watches you as you stretch up and pull two plates down.

He serves you both a couple pieces and hands you the plate. You hold that and your cup of tea as he grabs a couple of root beers from the fridge and you follow him into room where you had been just a little bit ago. He turns on the tv and smiles.

"Ever seen Game of Thrones?" he scrolls through trying to find something to watch.

You shake your head, "Isn't that show also like super sad?"

You weren't sure you could take anything sad after that day you had, or scary. you had noticed his collection of horror movies and begin to chew your lip nervously. You were still an emotional wreck after what had happened in the longest 24 hours of your life. Steven senses your unease and smiles gently at you

He smiles, "Let's skip that. We'll watch something a little more relaxed."

"Thank you," You smile at him gratefully.

He picks a movie and sits on the couch. You sit next to him and finish off your tea as as he buries the both of you in blankets. You both sit back with your pizza as the movie starts. The pizza tastes great with the root beer. He smiles as you est your head on his shoulder as tiredness starts to sink in. He warps and arm around you, tugging closer to him. His body heat seemed melt away the rest of the cold that lingered in you as you finally feel warm again. You snuggle happily against his side and smile slightly.

You don't realize you're eyes are starting to close as sleep starts to take you. He sees you starting to doze and gently rubs your shoulder. You feel him press a kiss to your forehead and him smile into it. This had been a terrible day, but he had been by far the best part of it. In fact, he was the part of maybe the last few weeks. He was still mostly a stranger, but you felt so safe with him. You didn't even realize you were still wearing his jacket or that he hugged you as you slept. You would be safe tonight. Steven was watching out for you. He would keep you safer than you had ever been before.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, there's another chapter so to speak. not sure if I'll keep this story line or not. Or if I'll be able to post normal updates but for now, here's another. I hope y'all enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290 8 13
It started with two strangers a text message & now being best friends; what could this mean ?♥️ Do you ever feel if a best friend... could be your lo...
326K 5.8K 198
TAKE WHATEVER STORY IDEA YOU WANT. I'M NO LONGER USING THIS ACCOUNT. story ideas for the uncreative ♡ proven to be the best story ideas to ever exist...
944 264 76
"Listen Kenzy, I know I've been an ass and truthfully maybe you shouldn't even bother returning my calls. You're right, I've been nothing but awful s...
2.1K 285 21
|| art credit: likelihood_art Nöelle is looking for inspiration for her next assignment, deciding to join the campus' group chat. One forwarded tweet...